Start by marking “Empowering Women” as Want to Read:
Empowering Women
Louise L. Hay

Empowering Women

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  373 ratings  ·  32 reviews
With the 21st century upon us, many people are talking about all the "earth changes" that will occur. However, in this inspirational book, best-selling author Louise L. Hay reveals that the primary changes we will see will be internal changes. She point
Published August 4th 1999 by Hay House, Inc. (first published 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Empowering Women, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Empowering Women

This is the first of Louise Hay's books that I have read. (Her work was recommended to me by a fellow person who is interested in alternative medicine). Like some of the other reviewers of the book I appreciated the purpose of this book, which was to provide inspiration, uplift, and encourage women to be more aware of how emotions, even subconscious, affect their life from financial success to physical health. The premise of Hay’s philosophy seems to be that the thoughts we think, the words we s ...more
This is very much a guide book to getting a woman moving on her journey. A stepping stone to inspire us to be all we can be. she addresses issues when we are young and as we age. How much control we have over our lives and gives personal examples and great inspiration for change. She even gives the science for the skeptics who need that in order to move on and embrace ourselves.

Some highlights that touched me -
. Trust that place in me where there is infinite wisdom and holds all the answers I s
I love to read positive and inspiring books like this, it helps to keep me focused and headed in the right direction. The main message of this book was to love yourself and love your life. A pretty darn good message I would say! It then goes chapter by chapter in how to do that in all areas of your life. I enjoyed the positive affirmations it lists for you to use and practice (yes it seems a bit silly, but it really does work for me). Some of the chapter focus points drove me nuts (because I fel ...more
The version I "read" was an audio book. Louise Hay is a best-selling author, founder of Hay House, Inc., and the international leader in inspirational and self-help publishing. At times her views can be seen as radical and definately unorthodox.

This (audio) book was interesting and had some really "empowering" advice, thoughts and antedotes but I didn't enjoy it as much as I have her other work.

As with any "self-help" book, I would recommend keeping an open mind and retaining only those things
Beverly McCall
A very realistic view allowing the reader to see that we actually can have control of our lives. Keep in mind that this book was copyrighted in 1997 and some of the women concerns may not still exist. However, despite that, reading this book allows the reader to get an understanding of the importance of loving yourself for who you are. The affirmations throughout the book are uplifting and still current today. As it most self-help books, the answers are not always “just right there,” instead, th ...more
Christiane Northrup is an excellent speaker. I found her section to be extremely entertaing, educational and inspirational. I will keep this disk to share with friends and listen to again.

I wish the other three speakers were as enjoyable. I found parts of their lectures to be downright offensive and radically feminist. They villianize going out of you way to do things to improve your husbands life. I think it is a great thing as long as the respect is mutual in the relationship. Ms. Hay should
Leggere i libri di Louise Hay è sempre come tornare a casa! Una donna che sa insegnare alle altre donne come riconoscere il proprio valore e come rendere realtà i propri sogni!
Nandhini Kumanan
you feel so positive and confident as u read through ! a new perspective ! ended up buying my own personal copy .if you are a woman , def try !
I think my own immersion in the world of feminism and women's rights advance my knowledge base too much to appreciate the true beauty of this book.
مناسب للخارجات من ازمات،او للمبتدئات بإكتشاف ذواتهن،كلامه لطيف وناعم وداعم،مااستفدت منه حقيقة شيء،بالنسبة لي مكرر،خفيف انهيته بجلستين
نصحوني كثير بالقراءة للمؤلفه و وصفوا مؤلفاتها بالرائعه وغيرها ولكن بالنسبة لي شيء محبط كلام مكرر واغلب الكتاب أسئله واجاوب عليها
Joanna Alicea
Awesome book, read it 4 times and every time I read it I learn something new.
Catherine Datuin
Great book. a very simple read from Louise Hay. Powerful
This book was originally written in 1996 and the 20th printing was just this past February. It's classic Louise Hays. She's got some great points that are very uplifting but in the context of time it's interesting to see that many of the concerns about women's lives she's addressed may no longer be valid. Some sections of the book seem outdated.

It's and inexpensive book and worth reading about her basic premise, that we create our belief system and our belief system affects everything we do so t
This book begins by stating some obvious thought patterns that would need to change. Now, these may be obvious to me since I do feel more empowered than most but some of these shockingly still happen today. This book reinforces practices in thought and deed that many of us may take for granted but also gives us food for thought. Even those of us who may be quite well empowered slip. It is refreshing to know we are not alone. Just get back on the horse and off you go but learn from your mistake(s ...more
Tori Montes
Written some time ago it is a bit outdated but still some good affirmations.
Danijel Brestovac
Nikoli ni prepozno

str. 2- naj vas najprej spomnim, da je vsak učitelj zgolj odskočna deska na poti vašega razvoja. ... Berite veliko knjig in učite se pri mnogih učiteljih, kajti ni človeka ali sistema, ki bi zajemal vse.

Str. 39- zapomnite si: tudi najmanjša pozitivna sprememba v našem načinu razmišljanja lahko začne razpletati najhujšo težavo. Ko boste življenju postavili pravilna vprašanja, vam bo odgovorilo.

Str. 112- prihodnost je vselej svetla.
Gina Lynette
I would have loved, loved, loved this book had I read it about 3 years ago. It threatened to dredge up a bunch of stuff I have already put in my past, so I gave it a cursory read out of love of Louise. If you are still working through emotional shrapnel, it is a wonderful companion to the Heal Your Life books. If you are in a great space, it is probably not going to meet your needs for pointing forward to even better days.
Angela Whiting
Every woman should read this book!!! Very inspirational book about choosing positive thoughts and beliefs. It also teaches about self-esteem, self-respect and building self-worth. She gives ideas about how you can change your life for the better at any age to be healthier, wealthier, productive, fulfilled and happier. Excellent book! I highly recommend it.
This book was not as good as You can Heal Your Life, and had some chapters (such as the one about children) I did not relate too. It actually basically was the same as her earlier books with some changes. Although, I do feel all of Louise Hays books are a great read. I passed this on to a family member with children.
can you see my theme right now? learning about why my body is so tired and run down- why are my adrenals shot? this book helped me answer some of those questions and gave me some grace to deal with it.
It's really basic, but in the right hands, it really could change a life. Louise Hay's books are always consistently on the right side of our best lives.
Karen Wesson
Used for a woman's group book study.. Very empowering w lots of exeercises and examples. We all benefited from the book!
it was ok. used to be skeptical about such type of books, but they do encourage you when you are feeling down.
I liked this book but since I've read several of her other books, I didn't find much new in this one.
I read this whole book sitting in jury duty one day. It's got some great inspirational stories.
Stacey Jean
this was recommended to me a few days ago. some good affirmations within. very quick read.
Now this book should be a handbook for every woman, young or old...........Love it
Great for any woman you know that needs an improvement in self-esteem.
I think all women should read this one!
  • Life Was Never Meant to Be a Struggle
  • The Lost Art of Compassion: Discovering the Practice of Happiness in the Meeting of Buddhism and Psychology
  • Real Magic: Creating Miracles in Everyday Life
  • Playing It by Heart: Taking Care of Yourself No Matter What
  • Journal to the Self: Twenty-Two Paths to Personal Growth - Open the Door to Self-Understanding by Writing, Reading, and Creating a Journal of Your Life
  • Family of Light: Pleiadian Tales and Lessons in Living
  • Tapping the Power Within: Introduction to Self-Empowerment for Black Women
  • Fit from Within: 101 Simple Secrets to Change Your Body and Your Life - Starting Today and Lasting Forever
  • The Passion Test: The Effortless Path to Discovering Your Destiny
  • Imagine a Woman in Love with Herself: Embracing Your Wisdom and Wholeness
  • The Tarot Bible: The Definitive Guide to the Cards and Spreads
  • Self-Esteem: A proven program of cognitive techniques for assessing, improving and maintaining your self-esteem
  • Fortytude : making the next decades the best years of your life-- through the 40s, 50s, and beyond
  • 40 Days to Personal Revolution: 40 Days to Personal Revolution
  • The Book of Understanding: Creating Your Own Path to Freedom
  • Marianne Williamson on Relationships: Romantic Delusions and Friendship
  • Cleft Heart: Chasing Normal
Louise Hay was born to a poor mother who married Hay's violent stepfather. When she was about five, she was raped by a neighbor. At fifteen she dropped out of high school without a diploma, became pregnant, and on her sixteenth birthday gave up her newborn baby girl for adoption.

She moved to Chicago, where she worked in menial jobs, before moving in 1950 to New York. At this point she changed her
More about Louise L. Hay...
You Can Heal Your Life Heal Your Body: The Mental Causes for Physical Illness and the Metaphysical Way to Overcome Them The Power Is Within You You Can Create An Exceptional Life Meditations to Heal Your Life

“Self Sacrifice Kills the person who sacrifices” 4 likes