Start by marking “Destiny's Bastard” as Want to Read:
Destiny's Bastard

Destiny's Bastard

Genre: LGBT Time Travel Paranormal

Sir Gerard Fogg, knight in the Royal Guard of the kingdom of Algonwick, is in love with the King's only son, Prince Tristan Fysher. The two men carry on a secret, sexual affair and proclaim their undying love for one another, only to have it torn apart by an intruder from the future. A white supremacist named Malcolm, stumbling on a time

Published August 24th 2010 by Loose Id, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Destiny's Bastard, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Destiny's Bastard

Lee Brazil
Feb 11, 2011 Lee Brazil rated it it was amazing
I'll tell you upfront and straightforward, I am not a fan of time travel romances. I hate reading about characters who are agog by the wonders of the modern world, or unable to comprehend the lifestyle of the past civilization they've found themselves in. I always have this Star Trek moment- you know... the Prime Directive... and its unavoidable. Your presence in the past as a being from the future, well it just has to alter things, doesn't it?

So, Hank handles that very well in DB. I won't tell
Lena Polskaia
Voilà une jolie romance gay dans un contexte à la fois historique et fantastique, puisqu'il s'agit d'un voyage dans le temps, un peu à la manière de la série du Chardon et du Tartan de Diane Gabaldon, ou celle des Highlanders, de Karen Marie Moning. Nous sommes dans l'Angleterre du 15ème siècle, Gérald est un enfant de paysan à qui un coup du sort fera perdre sa famille, tout en lui offrant la chance de s'éduquer et de s'élever au dessus de sa condition. Le voilà chevalier, et membre de la garde ...more
Jenre
Sep 25, 2010 Jenre rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, romance, time-travel
I love a good time-travel romance. I know it’s not everyone’s cup of tea, but I really like the whole ‘fish out of water’ scenario. When I read the blurb for this story I was interested in seeing whether the author could make the ‘soul mates’ story work (I’ve had mixed experiences with such books) and I was also intrigued by the setting of England in the 1400s.

Gerald is a young knight at the court of King Everard. He’s also in love and having an illicit affair with the king’s son, Prince Tristan
Valérie
Aug 03, 2014 Valérie rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-books
Si j’aime la romance historique, je ne suis pas une adepte du voyage dans le temps, trouvant que la plupart de celles que j’ai lues souffrent d’un manque d’originalité, avec les sempiternels dialogues ou le héros venu du passé nous régale de ces découvertes de la fermeture éclair ou de l’électricité. Dans cette romance point de tout cela, mais un merveilleux voyage entre l’Angleterre médiévale et notre siècle, une histoire d’amour intemporelle entre deux hommes, une relation qui transcende le te ...more
Alina
Sep 03, 2011 Alina rated it it was amazing
I loved this book so much!!!!

I'm usually not a fan of historicals or time-travelling stories, but I'm a big fan of Hank Edwards' writing, so I decided to give this story a chance - and I so wasn't disappointed! Now I think I might be missing out ignoring this genre. This story has such a strong sense of place I found myself loving Algonwick as if it's a real place I myself lived in :)

I absolutely loved both parts: the first one with Tristan and Gerard in 1456 and the second one with Gerard and J
Miz Love
May 17, 2011 Miz Love rated it it was amazing
Destiny’s Bastard is an amazing tale that walks back and forth through time, bringing lovely images of days gone by. Hank Edwards’ voice is wonderful and suits the 1400s perfectly. The dialogue is great. I adored the plot, where Jon has never felt modern times suited him and he should have come from an earlier time, and LOVED the way he had the chance to travel backwards to the place he really felt was where he should be. If only we could all do that…

The characters are all nicely rounded and wel
Robin Covington
Aug 21, 2011 Robin Covington rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance-reads, m-m
I'm a big fan of Hank Edward's books featuring Charlie Heggensford. I find myself laughing out loud and alarming people who are sitting nearby - they are that good. So, I was looking forward to this book as well although it couldn't be more different.Reading this book was like the first time I saw Jim Carrey in the "The Truman Show" - could one of my favorite actors handle a dramatic role? Yep, he could and so does Hank.

This story has the hot, yummy sex scenes that you expect from Hank - I'm nev
S.J.D. Peterson
I truly loved this book. The love between Gerard and Tristan was hard to get close to, but only because I knew Tristan was going to die. I found myself holding back from his character some what. When Gerard finds his soul mate and true love once again I could finally let go and embrace the characters. Hank Edwards created an amazing world in which his characters traveled, loved and lived. Destiny's Bastard is definitely a keeper.
Dianne Hartsock
Dec 25, 2012 Dianne Hartsock rated it it was amazing
*claps hands* Bravo! I was getting a little worried there toward the end...and six months is a lonnnnggggg time...then Jon goes back...! But it all works out wonderfully in the end. If I were Gerard, though, I'd find a way to ceil up that cave!
Leaundra
Mar 07, 2011 Leaundra rated it it was amazing
Love across time! I love a great love story!! You should definitely read it if you haven't already!!
Eric Renoult
Aug 19, 2014 Eric Renoult rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Alors déjà je dois vous prévenir ne vous attendez pas à une histoire rapide avec ce roman. L’auteur ne néglige aucun détail et nous enchante.

Il s’agit d’un mélange de romance historique et contemporaine avec une pincée de fantastique. Bref une composition originale et addictive.

Gérard est un homme loyal, aimant et émouvant au possible, il n’a pas peur de ses sentiments et de ses actes. Il est présenté de telle manière qu’on ne peut que fondre. Son amour Tristan quand à lui possède la même droitu
NJS
Sep 01, 2015 NJS rated it did not like it
I wanted to like this. This had all of my favorite elements: period piece, gays, sex, quests, magic, sword fighting, fantasy, contemporary, etc. But it just didn’t work for me. I found it corny and boring just before it became tedious.
I started skipping thorough some of the repetition and reiteration, and then found myself not caring. The sex even became monotonous. There was a lot of sex, it started that way. But the little sprinklings of story seemed like such an afterthought that it made the
Chancey Knowles
I have to admit that I'm surprised by my 5 star rating. There was a nice mix of sex and plot, which I was admittedly wondering about based on how it started. The writing was detailed and full of depth. I could visualize village life, the castle kitchen, and/or Jon in the castle ruins. The world building came alive. I dislike time travel typically, but it was handled well enough that I was never thrown out of the book. The minor characters were well drawn too and contributed much to the story. Th ...more
ElaineY
Aug 24, 2010 ElaineY rated it liked it
I think I was pulled out of the story too many times to enjoy it. Try as I did, I couldn't stop asking why there was hardly any attention given to these two guys from the middle ages transported to 2006. Ranulf and Gerard go about as if nothing much is different! There're only a couple of token mentions about them not knowing what certain things are but in my mind constantly, I was wondering how the heck these two men could even venture outside!
Monika
Oct 20, 2011 Monika rated it really liked it
Shelves: g-historical
I really liked this story! Time travel has always been one of my favorite things to read add in m-m romance and its a win win for me. This is a story I'm sure to read again it made me smile, cry and had my heart fluttering. I'm definitely going to have to check out some of this authors other books.
EmeArsh
Jul 26, 2016 EmeArsh rated it really liked it
I liked a lot. I just did not like the fact that tristan and Jon were portrayed to be two different people. But that's just me :)
TheFountainPenDiva
The cure for M/M romance burn-out! Thank you Mr. Edwards for a emotionally engaging, sexy read. My only complaint--the confrontation between the hero and the villian.
Allybaba
May 26, 2011 Allybaba rated it it was ok
I liked the beginning, I just don't really care for time travel books. It was well written, just okay to me.
Bookbee
A good story about a love that transcends time. I loved the MCs as well as the supporting cast. The epilogue left me with a fleeting melancholy twinge.
Indigo
Indigo rated it liked it
Jan 14, 2012
Indah Pe
Indah Pe rated it really liked it
Feb 28, 2014
Faymay
Faymay rated it it was amazing
Nov 13, 2011
Penny Brandon
Penny Brandon rated it liked it
Jun 14, 2012
Kirsty
Kirsty rated it liked it
Feb 29, 2012
Zachary
Zachary rated it it was amazing
Mar 14, 2016
Johanna
Johanna rated it really liked it
Jun 13, 2012
Det
Det rated it really liked it
Aug 24, 2015
Liki
Liki rated it did not like it
Jan 31, 2015
JLS
JLS rated it really liked it
Jun 23, 2012
Latashia
Latashia rated it it was amazing
Mar 15, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
  • The King's Tale
  • An Agreement Among Gentlemen
  • The Vanguard
  • Seducing Stephen
  • Hallowed Bond (Chronicles of Ylandre, #2)
  • Liquid Glass
  • Well Traveled (Gideon and Jedediah, #1)
  • Fall of a State
  • Convincing Arthur (London Legal, #1)
  • Over the Mountain of the Moon: A Tale of a Samurai Consort
  • Time after Time
  • The Last Concubine
  • Duet
  • A Token of Time
  • Men of Tokyo: Sudden Bliss (White Tigers #1)
  • Knightly Love
  • Exploring Limits (Exploring Limits, #1)
  • A Private Gentleman
Hank Edwards is a curious mix of practical realist and feral dreamer. He is a fan of absurd comedy, as evidenced in the sizzling and hilarious Charlie Heggensford Fluffers, Inc. series, as well as Plus Ones, his wacky rom-com. He also loves a good mystery and suspense story, which inspired his Up to Trouble series, featuring FBI Agent Aaron Pearce and his lover Mark Beecher who met during one case ...more
More about Hank Edwards...

“It took a long moment, but Gerard finally raised his head and looked Jon in the eye. “It meant that I have not been honest with you, Jon Calder, and if you are to understand the danger you are in now, I must tell you everything, no matter if you believe me or not.” 2 likes