Start by marking “Errori reversibili” as Want to Read:
Errori reversibili

Errori reversibili (Kindle County Legal Thriller #6)

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  3,954 ratings  ·  166 reviews
A dieci anni di distanza da un triplice, terribile delitto per il quale è stato condannato a morte un ladruncolo di colore, l'avvocato Arthur Raven riprende in mano il caso alla vigilia dell'esecuzione della pena capitale. Cerca di far chiarezza su quanto avvenuto, anche grazie all'aiuto dell'affascinante Gillian Sullivan, il giudice di quel processo la cui promettente car ...more
Paperback, I miti, 468 pages
Published 2003 by Mondadori (first published January 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Errori reversibili, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Errori reversibili

I am not sure how I missed this Turow when it first came out, but I am very glad to have found it. He is such a master of the legal suspense and you travel right along with his characters through all the legal technicalities…which how Arthur Raven gets the case of Squirrel, sitting on death row and claiming his innocence.

Well of course he is innocent, isn't he? I travelled all the ups and downs with Arthur. The thing I enjoyed about this is that I would decide I knew exactly what had happened,
Another uneven effort from Turow. An interesting premise (Let's save an innocent man from death row!), a few fairly pedestrian twists (He did it! Wait, no he didn't!), a mostly lackluster investigation and a whole lot of personal drama.

I actually cared more about Arthur and Gillian's private lives than the case here. Arthur's sister, too was a character I grew to like and Turow is a good enough writer that I felt fully invested in their eventual fates.

But I had big big problems with the limited,
This book started off really exciting and then the middle was really slow and I almost just stopped reading it. By the end it picked up again and I had already made a pretty big investment by getting so far, so I just finished it.

This book has some fun little twists and turns in the middle, but it doesn't make up for the long drawn out parts. One thing that bugged me was the "good guys" in the book had dark secrets and the "bad guys" found God and wanted to repent. It was a little backwards. I g
Lois Bouchard
I liked this book as much as Presumed Innocent but for different reasons. I really liked his characterizations. His characters were human -- flawed and believable. His use of language was elegant, but he was not verbose. I didn't like all the characters, but that made the book more believable.

The most telling point for me was that I wanted to get back to the book whenever I was doing something else. Sometimes, I read a book by gritting my teeth and bulling my way through it, but I find myself n
Kindle County defense attorney, Arthur Raven, unlucky in love and downtrodden in spirit, is assigned to appeal Death Row inmate Rommy "Squirrel" Gandolph's case. And lo, against all odds, Squirrel, who confessed to murdering three people, may actually be innocent, and framed.

Turow is a master of character, and it was the portrayl of Arthur Raven and a former judge, Gillian Sullivan, that I found thrilling. Here are two characters so well-crafted that all other lawyer/suspense/who-done-it charact
Don Stanton
Michelle Diener
I couldn't put this book down. The writing, in my opinion, is wonderful - the phrases so beautiful, at times I could hardly believe I was reading a courtroom thriller. Turow takes that hackneyed plot, the prisoner on deathrow who claims he's innoncent, and turns it into a masterful study of humanity's flaws and weaknesses, as well as their capacity for forgiveness and love.

Arthur Raven is a commercial lawyer appointed by the court to act for Rommy 'Squirrel' Gandolphi - a deathrow prisoner who
I like legal stories. Scott Turow writes legal stories. I thought I would really like this book. In fact, I did like the story - it had so much potential, but the writing was just meh. So disappointing because I think in a different author's hands, it could have been a much better book. Rommy "Squirrel" Gandolph is an inmate on death row, convicted for a triple homicide for which ten years later with his death soon to be scheduled, he now claims innocence. This is essentially a story about what ...more
Stephanie Buck
While well written, this book belongs in a category I sometimes refer to as bubble-gum books and others sometimes refer to as grocery-store novels. Essentially, the book keeps my brain engaged on a very low level, much like chewing gum does. There is no thinking required and the pages turn by very quickly. This is not my way of saying that I didn’t like this book. That really isn’t the case despite how improbable the plot is.

A corporate attorney is assigned to a death-row inmate for the purposes
Good plot, spoiled by graphic sex & some cussing (guess they gotta cover it all to entice more readers). Turow doesn't need that, he's a top notch author otherwise.
Curtis Edmonds
The world breaks everyone, Papa Hemingway said, and afterwards many are strong at the broken places. True enough, if the metaphor is about bones. Bones break, but bones knit, and bones can be stronger for the experience. It’s a strong metaphor, but it doesn’t cover everything, doesn’t include everything that can break.

Bones break, but hearts break too. That’s another metaphor, of course. Hearts don’t break the same way bones break. Bones break and shatter and splinter, and you go to the doctor a
Great story with good twists, terrific characters, learned a lot of law; 553 pages is a bit long for a "fun read" - I feel I should get some law school credits. Still, glad I finished it.
Ada Iaboni
I've read a few of Scott Turow's books now and all of them, so far, are full of lawyer tricks and backstabbing that makes me cringe. I suppose most people think of lawyers as sharks. Those I actually met are far from it. I actually think a lot of them are lazy and uncaring. These Kindle County lawyers stories are very deep and complex and very good. In this one, the main character is a lawyer, is actually a nice man that is not very forceful but had a deep desire to do well. And generally, he do ...more
I loved this book. I found it easy to read (meaning, I didn't get bored), but not a "fast" read (because of all the legal details.) So Arthur Raven , a corporate attorney gets put on a case to save a man named "Squirrel" from death row, and ultimately prove that he didn't commit a triple homicide. The evidence is sketchy, the characters are surly, and lies abound. The legal issues involved are fascinating, but the moral issues take front stage for me. Everyone in this book is struggling with som ...more
Jake Jarvi
Turow is such a great writer.

I love hearing about all the intricacies of the law from someone who's clearly spent so much time embroiled in it. He also keeps the legalese accessible so that you never feel lost and you feel like you're getting a deeper understanding of the legal process while he keeps you hooked into the personal lives of his characters. It's awesome.

His writing is so clever and filled with so many fleshed out voices and points of view. This is my second Turow book and I can't w
I read Scott Turow's Presumed Innocent which I liked, and its sequel, with which I was less enthralled. Then I got lawyered out by all the lawyer/crime/mystery books that proliferated like bunnies. This book was one my mother had looked forward to reading and purchased to read. I don't know if she ever did, but there were several clippings tucked carefully inside the book, which I have affixed to the back cover.

The plot revolves around the approaching death of a man convicted of a triple murder.
I'm read this book for my "Death Penalty" class. I struggled to get through the first half of the book, but once I could tell where the plot was going, I got into it.

If I ever have a craving for a lawyer book, I will probably pick up another Scott Turow book again. He did a good job creating a plot that wound itself around a couple times. I had no idea where he was going for a while, but once I figured it out, there were no surprises in store for me.

I'm not sure if I was supposed to feel bad fo
Solid Turow: Strong characters, strong plot; fine reading!

Turow has doggedly stuck to writing one book every three years since 1987, no doubt because he still is busy doing real lawyering. Maybe this pace has helped preserve the quality of his work, and to us “Errors”, his seventh novel, is no exception. A fine premise – a death row convict next up for lethal injection, Rommy Gandolph, has filed his last plea for review of his case, protesting his innocence by insisting the many confessions he
The law is boring. There are myriad reasons why I left the legal profession, not the least of which is that the law is f'in boring. So maybe it makes sense that a book about the intricacies of the law is likewise rather boring.

Like the legal process, this book plodded along slowly, telling the tale of "Squirrel", a man who is on death row and is now proclaiming his innocence. Despite being the focus of the book, Squirrel is never a narrator of the book. That is, we never hear directly from him.
Downloaded from

Narrator: J. R. Horne
Publisher: Random House Audio, 2002
Length: 14 hours and 30 min.

Publisher's Summary
Rommy "Squirrel" Gandolph is a Yellow Man, an inmate on death row for a 1991 triple murder in Kindle County. His slow progress toward certain execution is nearing completion when Arthur Raven, a corporate lawyer who is Rommy's reluctant court-appointed representative, receives word that another inmate may have new evidence that will exonerate Gandolph.

Arthur's opponen
Deborah Robb
Pretty good read (actually listened to CDs while driving to-from work). Story about a lawyer who represents a death row inmate who swears he didn't kill the three people he's been convicted of killing. Side story involving the lawyer's romance with the judge who presided over the murder trial who ended up having a drug problem and going to prison. Now out of prison, she ends up helping the lawyer unravel the mystery of who actually killed the 3 people that day.
Brent Soderstrum
Turow tells the story of an average lawyer from Kindle County who is assigned to represent Rommy "Squirrel" Gandolph in the final months before his execution for the murder of three people about 10 years ago. Arthur Raven work leads him to interact with the Judge who presided over Squirrel's original trial Gillian Sullivan. Gillian has recently got out of prison for accepting bribes and she has had past heroin problems.

On the other side of the appeal is Murriel Wynn, who was the prosecutor in th
Kathy McC
In my opinion, nobody writes courtroom drama as well as Scott Turow. Just when you think you have things figured out, there's a new twist or a clue you have missed. Even the secondary storylines have an impact by the end of the book. I wish I didn't have to go to work or correct papers because I could have read this book in one sitting. I couldn't wait to turn the page to see what happened next! Presumed Innocent is still my favorite Turow read, but this one is a close second.
Stephen Mettee
I can't remember if I've read another Scott Turow novel. This legal thriller is certainly well-crafted with a superb set of twists. However, to this male's viewpoint, it bogs down in the romance department when each of 4 characters go over and over their relationships in their minds. If you like Scott Turow, try John Lescroart a San Francisco-based author. I can almost guarantee you'll become a fan.
[library audiobook, plot summary elsewhere]

Turow's women lawyers are sexy, high powered, and walk all over the men in their lives and in the plot. The main plot point is a psychologically coerced confession, and the persistence of the prosecutor and her sometime lover detective in maintaining its validity, keeping an inmate on death row. The narrator voiced some very interesting characters.
It's not Presumed Innocent, but it did grip me with wonderful, flawed characters, finely-wrought arguments, and costly bonehead mistakes. It really makes us wonder: in our lives, which of our errors are truly reversible? Like the many legal arguments in this book, Turow's answer to that obvious thematic question is nuanced. Sure, you can't go home again, but can you be redeemed? And if not redeemed, can you at least be right? And if you can't even be right, can you at least feel that you did you ...more
I finished this because I wanted to know what happens at the end, but found both the plot and the characters frustrating and convoluted. I'm not a lawyer or a police officer so perhaps am not in the best position to judge whether or not both the action and the actors have authenticity, but neither rang true for me. Simply put, this was not an enjoyable read for me.
I would give it more of a 3.5, but that is not an option

This was a great story, but not a fantastic book. The story of a Romney, a man who is about to be put to death for 3 murders that he says he did not commit, gets you interested from the get go. Turow takes you back and forth from the investigation in 1991 and the attempts of Arthur, the lawyer, to try and prove that Romney is innocent. There are 4 main characters, Arthur, an former Judge, the Prosecuting Attorney and the lead detective. The
Julie Lauer anderson
I thought this was a really good read. A nice pace, some twists and turns I didn't see coming, and just a great story. My only complaint is that Turow uses multiple names for EACH character. He refers to them by their first name, their last name, and sometimes a nickname in back to back sentences. In the beginning of the book, that took a lot of energy to figure out and remember and keep straight.
Goodreads Librari...: Inaccurate first publication dates 2 21 Apr 13, 2013 06:44AM
where to buy a kindle 1 7 May 17, 2012 07:11AM
  • The Jury (Paul Madriani, #6)
  • Dark Lady
  • The First Counsel
  • Fugitive (Amanda Jaffe, #4)
  • Escape (Butch Karp, #20)
  • A Certain Justice (Abe Glitsky, #1)
Scott F. Turow is an American author and a practicing lawyer. Turow has written eight fiction and two nonfiction books, which have been translated into over 20 languages and have sold over 25 million copies. Movies have been based on several of his books.

* Kindle County Legal Thriller
More about Scott Turow...

Kindle County Legal Thriller (9 books)
  • Presumed Innocent (Kindle County Legal Thriller, #1)
  • The Burden of Proof (Kindle County Legal Thriller, #2)
  • Pleading Guilty (Kindle County Legal Thriller, #3)
  • The Laws Of Our Fathers (Kindle County, #4)
  • Personal Injuries (Kindle County Legal Thriller, #5)
  • Limitations (Kindle County, #7)
  • Innocent (Kindle County Legal Thriller, #8)
  • Identical (Kindle County Legal Thriller, #9)
Presumed Innocent (Kindle County Legal Thriller, #1) The Burden of Proof (Kindle County Legal Thriller, #2) Innocent (Kindle County Legal Thriller, #8) Pleading Guilty (Kindle County Legal Thriller, #3) One L: The Turbulent True Story of a First Year at Harvard Law School

“He smiled hesitantly and she smiled back in the same fashion, but he was unsettled by the thought that Muriel had undergone a transformation. Some of the stuff that had come out of her mouth lately, about God or babies, made him wonder if she’d had a brain transplant at some point in the last ten years. It was funny what happened to people after forty, when they realized that our place here on earth was leased, not owned.” 4 likes