Start by marking “Style A to Zoe: The Art of Fashion, Beauty, & Everything Glamour” as Want to Read:
Style A to Zoe: The Art of Fashion, Beauty, & Everything Glamour

Style A to Zoe: The Art of Fashion, Beauty, & Everything Glamour

3.59 of 5 stars 3.59  ·  rating details  ·  954 ratings  ·  75 reviews
Have you ever dreamed of having your own red carpet moment? Or wondered how to emulate the effortlessly chic style of the most photographed trendsetters? Or wished you could master the art of all things glamorous?

In STYLE A TO ZOE, Hollywood's hottest celebrity stylist, Rachel Zoe, shares her insider tips in this essential guide to the art of a fashionable, behind-the velv
Published September 4th 2008 by Grand Central Publishing (first published October 3rd 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Style A to Zoe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Style A to Zoe

Erin
I was talking with my neighbor who is in her sixties and her regret was that she didn't dress up or look nice when she was younger. This got me thinking about how I present myself, how much time I spend on myself and would I regret that I didn't try to make myself look better. I live in jeans and a tee shirt, flip flops, usually no makeup and hair pulled back in a pony. I got this book thinking it was going to tell me what brand names are the most fashonable, and how to show off my boobs. What I ...more
In Rachel Zoe's words, "It takes a village to make a star" and she gives us her tricks of the trade. I am not so much a fan of her style--kaftans, heavy jewelry, and long blonde hair abound--but it was an amusing read. I especially enjoyed her section on traveling well. I'm not sure neosporin dabbed around your nose to keep the germs out during a flight will actually work, but it's not a bad idea for us dry skinned girls. Now all I need is my Evian atomizer! It's fun to take a vacation into high ...more
Alex
I'm really angry with this book! I'm still not sure if it was written for Hollywood diva wannabes or for the actual celebrities (?). There are so many aspects that felt so revolting that I wanted to just throw this away and delete it from my brain. However, once I started reading it, I just had to finish it...

First of all, so many, many pictures of the author/stylist with her many good friends (celebrities, of course), stories about her, talking so much about herself... Was this suppose to be a
Juliette
Yet another fine example of why public libraries rule: if you, like me, enjoy reading about fashion and pop culture, yet can't or won't pay for coffee table books like this, you can check them out for free!
That said, this book sort of stinks. Rachel Zoe has an awesome career as a fashion stylist, but her own strange personal style of being pin-thin, overly tan, and posing with her mouth hanging open makes no sense to me.
Elle
Tiffany
I loved Rachel's reality show, but she needs to come back to reality with this book. Who wears 5 inch heels and red lipstick every day? Come on! Only in the fashion industry...
Alexandra
ME, ME, ME. This book was written by Rachel Zoe as an ode to herself. I'd hoped to learn something, but I didn't discover anything not featured online in blogs and magazine articles. Luckily, this was borrowed from the library and not paid for.

She talked about "daring" jewellery choices (not actually at all daring - bling earrings with an arm band? Rightttt) and how important glamour was. I found 3 of the lists in the book handy to have, but her constant name-dropping was irksome and I stopped r
Onepomegranate
Like many, I'm a little turned off by Rachel Zoe's real-life persona and shenanigans. However, this book is a really fun and useful compass for styling tips. This is not "how to streamline your wardrobe" or "how to find your unique style" or "best styles for different body types." If you like Rachel's work and her personal style, this book is great. Get past your hangups about whether or not you like her personality (which shouldn't be the reason for reading), and see what drives her style: a fo ...more
Melanie
It was the average style book. There were a couple of good hints, but pretty much stuff I had read before, but with more name dropping. Rachel Zoe is exactly what you expect her to be.
Pinar
Sadece elimde iphone ibook oldugu icin okudum. Yani chicklitte hallice.
Zoe meshur bu pop kultur alemlerinde, bu da ne giyilir giyilmez kurallarinin azicik suslenmis hali.
Kerry
I wanted to say nice things about this book and the author, but the reality is I just can't get past this waif of a woman providing styling advice, which just focuses on consuming and, well, her. I just have to wonder who is this book written for besides celebrities and millionaires? Any why do I need to look like I make and spend a million dollars a year on fashion to be stylish? Oh that's right, I don't. I am aware that Rachel Zoe has good taste and she is well regarded, but this just felt lik ...more
Mariann
I love Rachel Zoe and appreciated her story, her style and candor.
Shirley
Sep 12, 2008 Shirley rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fashionistas
If you want to know how the stars dress so well, then read this book. It's written by Rachel Zoe, celebrity stylist who styles Jennifer Gardne, rLiv Tyler, Kiera Knightley, Ann Hathaway, Lindsay Lohan, Mischa Barton, etc.

It's fun read with lots of practical tips on what to wear or buy. Tons of photos of her celebrity clients. Also, advice articles by various designers and celebrities.

Wish I was a celebrity stylist. Sounds like she makes lot so money and gets to meet lots of designers and other f
Mary
Fashionista, Rachel Zoe, stylist to the stars, has her first book out. But before you get too excited, keep in mind that it's co-written, doesn't really have enough photos to illustrate the points she makes and isn't all that innovative. If you're interested in what she does and want to hear more, then this book is good for you. If you actually want to be inspired by an actual stylist - eh, go elsewhere.
Julie
I got this book for Christmas and I figured I'd sort of flip through it like a magazine. I actually ended up reading it cover to cover. It was obviously, a light and quick read, but it had some good tips and I found it to be really enjoyable. I'd recommend it to anyone who wants to get some tips for their own personal style and for a laugh about some of the more extravagant items Rachel talks about.
Jane Turner
I adore all things RaZoe, so I died for this book. Hmmm...the book is big on generalities, and skimpy on substance. Here's bold print advice from Rachel: "Unless you work at a fashion magazine or a stripper bar, stay way from five-inch platforms." Since the book is filled with photos of said five-inchers, its target audience must be...RZ.
Yasjencon
i liked the book. i like that she talked about all areas of style from home and fashion. i learned storage ideas. i wish she had included more pics because her style is cute and comfortable, something that works for people like me that would like to be organized and have a closet where you can throw stuff on without a lot of fuss.
Rhea
Fun read with great pictures. . .

Entertaining look at celebrity life and style. Some of the ideas might be useful for us "regular" people, but not much.

I love Rachel's style, however it seems as if she is not in touch with the lifestyle of the average person, as this book was not written for us.

Starcndy1
Very good read, lots of pictures and entries from people in the fashion world. However, not everyone can live the lifestyle Zoe encourages because most of us don't have that kind of money. It does teach you how to pick better-styled items, though, in all areas of your life, from clothes to couches.
Maegan Carmen
Although she gives great travel advice and her A to Zoe list is essential, it is pretty pretentious. The name dropping is aggravating, plus the manner in which it was written totally dates the book; I would rather have a fashion coffee table book that will stand the test of time.
Kanoe
iiinteresting. i thought the book would be a general guide to style, which i always enjoy reading. however, it was all about how to achieve the zoe brand of glamour, which works for some but does NOT really work if you are style-challenged and trying to build your own look.
Roanne
Lots of helpful tips if you're still trying to formulate your own style. I love her style, so who better to take pointers from?

I thought this was well written and entertaining. I'm going to keep it around as my "style bible" for quick referencing in the future.
Kathy Jacobs
Um...it's interesting. I think it's a bit too vague to really be considered a good style guide, and the writing level is pretty low. But it's entertaining, so far. Rachel Zoe seems quite a bit nicer than she's usually made out to be in the gossip blogs.
Heidi
Great style book for beginners or anyone who just loves fashion! Great tips on anything from makeup to fashion. There is also a section on tips on how to pack (which I always have troubles with) correctly for trips. That was the best chapter!
Mary
Although I'm not very impressed with the book, I do open it occasionally and I can't throw it out. There is something about Rachel Zoe that is so accurately authorative about fashion/style, that I sometimes flip through the book for inspiration.
Glamour fashion
It’s all about glamour fashion, Pakistani fashion, fashion collection, Bridal Dresses, men’s casual fashion, men's shirts, online fashion, new fashion styles, party dress, , night suit, knitted shirts and life style. http://www.glamourfashionuk.com
Cody
Nov 05, 2008 Cody rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fashion Assassins
Rachel is a style genius. She knows a lot about fashion, but much of the book was just her repeating over and over again the same things. I didn't like her opinion on styling your house. She needs to keep the home makeovers to Candice Olsen.
Stacey
For all you fashion lovers, this is a must read! Rachel Zoe is "the" go-to-girl for fashion. Although some of her tips are over the top, she covers all the basics and has some great suggestions for building a wardrobe you love with style.
Stephanie
I really wanted to like this book, but no go - Nina Garcia gives much better fashion advice. Oh how I wish RZ had just written a memoir about all her clients and her rise in the styling world.
Can you really learn style from a book? 1 16 Jul 29, 2008 09:15PM
Can you really learn style from a book? 1 8 Jul 29, 2008 09:15PM
  • I Love Your Style: How to Define and Refine Your Personal Style
  • The Little Black Book of Style
  • The Lucky Shopping Manual
  • The Fashion Book - Mini Edition
  • Tim Gunn: A Guide to Quality, Taste & Style
  • Influence
  • Wear This, Toss That!: Hundreds of Fashion and Beauty Swaps That Save Your Looks, Save Your Budget, and Save You Time
  • The Little Dictionary of Fashion: A Guide to Dress Sense for Every Woman
  • How to Be a Budget Fashionista: The Ultimate Guide to Looking Fabulous for Less
  • That Extra Half an Inch: Hair, Heels and Everything in Between
  • The Lucky Guide to Mastering Any Style: How to Wear Iconic Looks and Make Them Your Own
  • Style on a Shoestring
  • Oh No She Didn't: The Top 100 Style Mistakes Women Make and How to Avoid Them
  • The Bombshell Manual of Style
  • What to Wear, Where: The How-to Handbook for Any Style Situation
  • The ELLEments of Personal Style: 25 Modern Fashion Icons on How to Dress, Shop, and Live
  • Cupcakes and Cashmere: A Guide for Defining Your Style, Reinventing Your Space, and Entertaining with Ease
  • The End of Fashion: How Marketing Changed the Clothing Business Forever
Rachel Zoe, born Rachel Zoe Rosenzweig, is an American professional fashion stylist notable for having worked with numerous high-profile female celebrities. She is most noted for working with Cameron Diaz, Lindsay Lohan, Mischa Barton, Keira Knightley and Jessica Simpson. She is married to investment banker Rodger Berman. In 2007, she released her first style guide book with Rose Apodaca entitled ...more
More about Rachel Zoe...
Living in Style: Inspiration and Advice for Everyday Glamour Living In Style: Advice and Inspiration for Everyday Glamour Iconic Dresses: 25 Moments in Twentieth Century Fashion