Start by marking “Middle Man” as Want to Read:
Middle Man

Middle Man

For months Gen has performed his duty as an amplimentor for a Sholsian bond-pair, not only amplifying the emotions each has for the other, but serving as a receptacle for the penetration neither dominant male will allow the other. Though such is seen as an admirable profession, Gen had hoped for more. He wishes for the love and affection sometimes granted to other of his f ...more
Published August 12th 2010 by Changeling Press

To ask other readers questions about Middle Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Middle Man

Lexi Ander
Oct 28, 2010 Lexi Ander rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-sci-fi, novella
Gen is am amplimentor for two dominants, Marin and Cail. Gen's purpose is amplify the emotions that Marin and Cail feel for each other and serve as the bottom boy since neither dominant will yield. Secretly Gen had hoped that his masters would one day come to love him but after six months in their service he realizes that it may never happen. Gen fights the growing depression and tries to find a way that he can serve his master and be happy at the same time because he has already falling in love ...more
Serena Yates
Aug 18, 2010 Serena Yates rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m-m
I think this is an absolutely stunning sci-fi story. The world that Kate Steele has invented is interesting, I loved the characters, and the plot is as described in the blurb - yet so much more.

Gen's longing to go beyond the very basic relationship of that as a servant is palpable from the very first page. I really felt for him. His struggle and strength of will to come back after the kidnapping and subsequent accident show how strong he really is. And, without giving anything away, his two empl
Apr 13, 2012 Susan rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-read, z-2012
This was a very sweet story who wants to be more than a servant to his masters. He has fallen in love with both of them and dreams of his feelings being reciprocated. After Gen survives a terrible ordeal the three men are forced to re-evaluate their relationship and decide what is important to them all.
Elisa Rolle
As often when I read a novella by Kate Steele, the story, and the development of the characters, is way better than expectations. I shouldn’t be surprised, I think I have never found a story by Kate Steele that I didn’t like, and she is also one of the first gay paranormal authors I read, it’s probably that I don’t weight so much the novellas in general, and sometime that is a big mistake.

In a futuristic, post-apocalypse future, Gen is an amplimentor, something a little more than an in-house ma
Mar 20, 2011 xbmbgrl rated it liked it

This is a story revolving around an established, mated, successful pair of men that are too alpha to allow either to be penetrated during sex. This mentality also makes it difficult, if not impossible, to speak of true emotions, such as love.

Rather than continue their relationship in such a limited manner they reach out to an amplimentor to help them bridge the gap. Most amplimentors are trained for just this job skill. Emotions are not required, however, in the best groups, it does de
Apr 14, 2012 Virginia rated it really liked it
Recommended to Virginia by: Susan
Wow, this short packs a lot of emotion into its 50 pages. Nice sci fi read told from one character's POV.
Mandy*reads obsessively*
Not normally a fan of sci-fi, I liked this story and found the world it was set in interesting.
My only complaint is I wish I had seen the feelings the 2 masters were developing for Gen before his injury.
Even if Gen didn't see it or believe it, it would have helped me to see how they felt about him, either the conversations they had had about him, or maybe stuff they did for him.
I saw it after the accident very clearly but I would have liked some in e day to day actions before.
Dec 06, 2011 Sadonna rated it liked it
Shelves: pdf, mm, science-fiction
This was a very interesting sci-fi story. I liked the world that Kate built and I found the characters to be well-defined and authentic. I could feel Gen's pain at feeling unloved and broken. His desire to be loved by his masters was palpable throughout. There seems to be a lot of potential here and I hope that there might be more stories from this world.
Hc Lynn
2 and a half stars
(view spoiler)
Cole Riann
A pretty interesting premise, but it could have taken more time to flush out the story and still only been a little bit longer. Everything was a little rushed for me.
Apr 21, 2012 Emily rated it really liked it
A cute little story, I wish it was longer and more time was spent on showing their developing relationship.
Evamaria rated it it was ok
Aug 01, 2014
Haille23 rated it liked it
Aug 27, 2014
Christi rated it it was amazing
Jun 05, 2014
kasjo_peja rated it really liked it
Oct 12, 2010
Alison rated it liked it
Feb 09, 2013
Mandi rated it really liked it
Aug 19, 2010
Aug 21, 2010 Clover rated it liked it
cute story with a 3some. hope there will be more story about this planet and its inhabitants.
Rute rated it really liked it
Oct 01, 2014
Hope rated it it was amazing
Aug 21, 2014
Lolene rated it it was ok
Dec 04, 2012
Elf rated it really liked it
Oct 16, 2010
Cap'n Muchiko
Cap'n Muchiko rated it it was ok
Apr 29, 2012
Carole rated it liked it
Feb 28, 2016
Tamarrion Lash
Apr 18, 2011 Tamarrion Lash rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m-romance
А какое чудесное у этой книги было превью!.. Тьху.
Lena rated it liked it
Sep 10, 2016
Elizabetta rated it really liked it
Dec 02, 2011
Jo Ann
Jo Ann rated it really liked it
Apr 10, 2011
Kat rated it really liked it
Apr 13, 2012
Claudia rated it really liked it
Jun 02, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
Having been an avid reader of romance for years, and being possessed of an overactive imagination, I decided to try my hand at writing. I discovered that, like reading, writing romance has become addictive. Whether writing paranormal, contemporary or science fiction about werewolves, otherworldly creatures or the average Joe, I found the perfect creative outlet.

I enjoy life in a turn-of-the-centur
More about Kate Steele...