Start by marking “Middle Man” as Want to Read:
Middle Man

Middle Man

3.32 of 5 stars 3.32  ·  rating details  ·  68 ratings  ·  17 reviews
For months Gen has performed his duty as an amplimentor for a Sholsian bond-pair, not only amplifying the emotions each has for the other, but serving as a receptacle for the penetration neither dominant male will allow the other. Though such is seen as an admirable profession, Gen had hoped for more. He wishes for the love and affection sometimes granted to other of his f ...more
Published August 2010 by Changeling Press

To ask other readers questions about Middle Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Middle Man

Lexi Ander
Gen is am amplimentor for two dominants, Marin and Cail. Gen's purpose is amplify the emotions that Marin and Cail feel for each other and serve as the bottom boy since neither dominant will yield. Secretly Gen had hoped that his masters would one day come to love him but after six months in their service he realizes that it may never happen. Gen fights the growing depression and tries to find a way that he can serve his master and be happy at the same time because he has already falling in love ...more
Serena Yates
I think this is an absolutely stunning sci-fi story. The world that Kate Steele has invented is interesting, I loved the characters, and the plot is as described in the blurb - yet so much more.

Gen's longing to go beyond the very basic relationship of that as a servant is palpable from the very first page. I really felt for him. His struggle and strength of will to come back after the kidnapping and subsequent accident show how strong he really is. And, without giving anything away, his two empl
Susan
This was a very sweet story who wants to be more than a servant to his masters. He has fallen in love with both of them and dreams of his feelings being reciprocated. After Gen survives a terrible ordeal the three men are forced to re-evaluate their relationship and decide what is important to them all.
xbmbgrl

This is a story revolving around an established, mated, successful pair of men that are too alpha to allow either to be penetrated during sex. This mentality also makes it difficult, if not impossible, to speak of true emotions, such as love.

Rather than continue their relationship in such a limited manner they reach out to an amplimentor to help them bridge the gap. Most amplimentors are trained for just this job skill. Emotions are not required, however, in the best groups, it does de
Elisa Rolle
As often when I read a novella by Kate Steele, the story, and the development of the characters, is way better than expectations. I shouldn’t be surprised, I think I have never found a story by Kate Steele that I didn’t like, and she is also one of the first gay paranormal authors I read, it’s probably that I don’t weight so much the novellas in general, and sometime that is a big mistake.

In a futuristic, post-apocalypse future, Gen is an amplimentor, something a little more than an in-house ma
Virginia
Wow, this short packs a lot of emotion into its 50 pages. Nice sci fi read told from one character's POV.
Mandy*reads obsessively*
Not normally a fan of sci-fi, I liked this story and found the world it was set in interesting.
My only complaint is I wish I had seen the feelings the 2 masters were developing for Gen before his injury.
Even if Gen didn't see it or believe it, it would have helped me to see how they felt about him, either the conversations they had had about him, or maybe stuff they did for him.
I saw it after the accident very clearly but I would have liked some in e day to day actions before.
Hc Lynn
2 and a half stars
(view spoiler)
Sadonna
This was a very interesting sci-fi story. I liked the world that Kate built and I found the characters to be well-defined and authentic. I could feel Gen's pain at feeling unloved and broken. His desire to be loved by his masters was palpable throughout. There seems to be a lot of potential here and I hope that there might be more stories from this world.
Cole Riann
A pretty interesting premise, but it could have taken more time to flush out the story and still only been a little bit longer. Everything was a little rushed for me.
Emily
A cute little story, I wish it was longer and more time was spent on showing their developing relationship.
Clover
cute story with a 3some. hope there will be more story about this planet and its inhabitants.
Tamarrion Lash
А какое чудесное у этой книги было превью!.. Тьху.
Elizabeth Besenfelder
Very heart wrenching and touching story.
Adriana
My only complain is that it's too short.
Veronica /  V
Another lovely futuristic story.
Christie
Christie marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Nighat
Nighat added it
May 18, 2014
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Having been an avid reader of romance for years, and being possessed of an overactive imagination, Kate decided only recently to try her hand at writing. She discovered that, like reading, writing romance has become addictive. Whether writing about werewolves and otherworldly creatures or contemporary gay/erotic romance, she has found the perfect outlet and is thrilled to be part of the Ellora's C ...more
More about Kate Steele...
Altered Heart To Trust a Wolf (Whispering Springs Werewolves, #1) Midnight Howl (Hoosier Werewolf, #1) To the Highest Bidder To Tempt a Wolf (Whispering Springs Werewolves, #2)