Start by marking “Medical-Surgical Nursing: Assessment and Management of Clinical Problems, 8th Edition” as Want to Read:

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  107 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Written by a dedicated team of expert authors led by Sharon Lewis, Medical-Surgical Nursing, 8th Edition offers up-to-date coverage of the latest trends, hot topics, and clinical developments in the field, to help you provide exceptional care in today's fast-paced health care environment. Completely revised and updated content explores patient care in various clinical sett...more
Hardcover, 8th edition, 1952 pages
Published November 29th 2010 by Elsevier Mosby (first published April 1st 1983)

To ask other readers questions about Medical-Surgical Nursing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Medical-Surgical Nursing

Paige
I like how the intro has pictures of the authors traveling, playing tennis, and gardening...stuff you totally are not doing if you are reading this book. Oh, goodreads wants to know the date I finished this book...don't make me laugh.
Trish
Dec 28, 2007 Trish rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one
Oh my gosh...for anyone out there in nursing school, if you have been told this is your text, please accept my deepest sympathy. Aside from the microscopic print, I have never read anything so verbose in my life. This is the only book that can consistently use 500 words to describe blowing your nose. Hang in there.
Bridget
exciting, huh?
Kristie
May 14, 2013 Kristie rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Nursing Students & Nurses
This was probably the only book I ever actually looked at in nursing school, and it continues to be used as a reference today. It's very wordy, but there's a lot of good information in this book on various disease processes and nursing care. It will forever be in my reference library.
Anne
Jun 10, 2008 Anne rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: nursing students
This is the book that will haunt my every waking moment from now until I graduate. Get used to the look of it; it'll be on my "currently reading" list until about Dec. 11, 2008.
Diana
Jan 06, 2009 Diana rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: nobody
I add this cause I think this book will be taking control of my life for at least another semester...just in case you are all curious about what I've been up to. ;)
Todd Hoke
Feb 13, 2009 Todd Hoke is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
I feel I should get "credit" because I'm not ignoring Studs' lovely and inspiring book in favor of tv; I'm torn from it by this heap of learning.
Shanna
Currently I'm trying to read it... Or at least I should be. This print is so tiny and I find myself lost in the amount of knowledge,
Gretchen
My big green tome of how to manage my patients. I still read it and study from it and it's been almost a year since I left school!
Claire
So far, quite informative, but a kind of convoluted. Not as bad as Understanding Pathophysiology. Understanding, my ass.
Lily Schott
A lot of information! This is a huge textbook. It was easier to read than I thought it would be.
Katelyn Kelly
Most useful book I had throughout nursing school.
Valerie King
Reading this whole book in 16 weeks. Meh.
Katie
one of my faves....haaaaaa.
Shahmida
Shahmida is currently reading it
Oct 15, 2014
Pam Iam
Pam Iam is currently reading it
Oct 13, 2014
Kiersten
Kiersten marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2014
Jannina
Jannina marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
Paula
Paula added it
Aug 16, 2014
Deina
Deina added it
Jul 28, 2014
Clinical Companion to Medical-Surgical Nursing Medical-Surgical Nursing: Assessment and Management of Clinical Problems Medical Surgical Nursing In Canada Medical-Surgical Nursing - Two-Volume Text and Simulation Learning System Package: Assessment and Management of Clinical Problems, 8e Virtual Clinical Excursions 3.0 for Medical-Surgical Nursing