Start by marking “Medical-Surgical Nursing: Assessment and Management of Clinical Problems, 8th Edition” as Want to Read:

Written by a dedicated team of expert authors led by Sharon Lewis, Medical-Surgical Nursing, 8th Edition offers up-to-date coverage of the latest trends, hot topics, and clinical developments in the field, to help you provide exceptional care in today's fast-paced health care environment. Completely revised and updated content explores patient care in various clinical sett ...more
Hardcover, 8th edition, 1952 pages
Published November 29th 2010 by Elsevier Mosby (first published April 1st 1983)

To ask other readers questions about Medical-Surgical Nursing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Medical-Surgical Nursing

Trish
Dec 28, 2007 Trish rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one
Oh my gosh...for anyone out there in nursing school, if you have been told this is your text, please accept my deepest sympathy. Aside from the microscopic print, I have never read anything so verbose in my life. This is the only book that can consistently use 500 words to describe blowing your nose. Hang in there.
Paige
Oct 05, 2011 Paige rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like how the intro has pictures of the authors traveling, playing tennis, and gardening...stuff you totally are not doing if you are reading this book. Oh, goodreads wants to know the date I finished this book...don't make me laugh.
Bridget
exciting, huh?
Kristie
May 14, 2013 Kristie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Nursing Students & Nurses
This was probably the only book I ever actually looked at in nursing school, and it continues to be used as a reference today. It's very wordy, but there's a lot of good information in this book on various disease processes and nursing care. It will forever be in my reference library.
Gretchen
Jul 24, 2013 Gretchen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My big green tome of how to manage my patients. I still read it and study from it and it's been almost a year since I left school!
Diana
Nov 19, 2007 Diana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: nobody
I add this cause I think this book will be taking control of my life for at least another semester...just in case you are all curious about what I've been up to. ;)
Shanna
Dec 19, 2012 Shanna rated it liked it
Shelves: nursing-reads
Currently I'm trying to read it... Or at least I should be. This print is so tiny and I find myself lost in the amount of knowledge,
Claire
Dec 08, 2010 Claire rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
So far, quite informative, but a kind of convoluted. Not as bad as Understanding Pathophysiology. Understanding, my ass.
Anne
Nov 04, 2007 Anne rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: nursing students
This is the book that will haunt my every waking moment from now until I graduate. Get used to the look of it; it'll be on my "currently reading" list until about Dec. 11, 2008.
Todd Hoke
Feb 13, 2009 Todd Hoke is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
I feel I should get "credit" because I'm not ignoring Studs' lovely and inspiring book in favor of tv; I'm torn from it by this heap of learning.
Nanita
Nanita rated it it was amazing
Jul 01, 2015
Tanya
Tanya rated it really liked it
Jul 26, 2011
Kristi
Kristi rated it liked it
Jan 20, 2011
Pallavi Lokhande
Pallavi Lokhande rated it really liked it
Dec 14, 2016
Megan
Megan rated it did not like it
Dec 07, 2013
Melida Barriera_Renfrow
Melida Barriera_Renfrow rated it it was amazing
Mar 18, 2016
Amalia
Amalia rated it it was amazing
Apr 02, 2015
Suzanne Taylor
Suzanne Taylor rated it it was ok
Sep 29, 2016
Rachel
Rachel rated it really liked it
Feb 10, 2016
Christina
Christina rated it it was amazing
Feb 05, 2011
Paula
Paula rated it did not like it
Aug 16, 2014
Tasneem Ziad
Tasneem Ziad rated it really liked it
Nov 15, 2013
Kristy
Kristy rated it liked it
Jan 29, 2012
Ivy Caber
Ivy Caber rated it really liked it
Jun 16, 2013
Jessica
Jessica rated it really liked it
Feb 23, 2009
Christina
Christina rated it it was amazing
Nov 09, 2014
Karen
Karen rated it really liked it
Mar 14, 2014
Kimber Scott
Kimber Scott rated it really liked it
Sep 05, 2009
Mandee
Mandee rated it liked it
Jun 23, 2008
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Fundamentals of Nursing
  • Pharmacology for Nursing Care
  • Brunner and Suddarth's Textbook of Medical-Surgical Nursing
  • Physical Examination and Health Assessment [With CDROM]
  • Maternal and Child Health Nursing: Care of the Childbearing and Childrearing Family
  • Nursing Diagnosis Handbook: An Evidence-Based Guide to Planning Care
  • Medical-Surgical Nursing Made Incredibly Easy
  • Fundamentals of Nursing: The Art and Science of Nursing Care
  • Fundamentals of Nursing: Concepts, Process, and Practice
  • Kozier & Erb's Fundamentals of Nursing
  • Davis's Drug Guide for Nurses
  • From Novice to Expert: Excellence and Power in Clinical Nursing Practice, Commemorative Edition
  • Wong's Essentials of Pediatric Nursing
  • Trauma Junkie: Memoirs of an Emergency Flight Nurse
  • Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (Thumb Index))
  • Foundations of Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing: A Clinical Approach
  • Nursing Against the Odds: How Health Care Cost Cutting, Media Stereotypes, and Medical Hubris Undermine Nurses and Patient Care
  • Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing