Start by marking “The Multiplying Menace Divides” as Want to Read:
The Multiplying Menace Divides

The Multiplying Menace Divides (Charlesbridge Math Adventures)

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  21 ratings  ·  7 reviews
A ribbiting math adventure!

After being banished to the Abyss of Zero in MULTIPLYING MENACE: THE REVENGE OF RUMPELSTILTSKIN, Rumpelstiltskin is back, and he’s stirring up more trouble than ever. Together with his sidekick, a witch named Matilda, Rumpelstiltskin plots his revenge on Peter and uses his magical powers to divide the kingdom into frogs. Peter and his dog, Zero,
Published February 1st 2011 by Charlesbridge (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Multiplying Menace Divides, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Multiplying Menace Divides

Aaron Alexander
This is a fun book for third and fourth grade students to practice division. In the story Rumpelstiltskin is back wreaking havoc on a village. This time, using division. It's up to Peter and his dog zero to save the town. The book talks about many different aspects of division. It includes dividing whole numbers, dividing fractions, and what to do when dividing with zero. You can use this in the classroom by giving children a variety of scenarios in which the classroom is disrupted or changed be ...more
Jun 13, 2012 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
This is a fun story that teaches about division by whole numbers as well as fractions. It is the second of two stories featuring Peter and his family in an After Happily Ever After-type of story, where we rejoin the characters from a classic fairytale after some time has passed. In this tale, Rumpelstiltskin joins up with the witch Matilda to make trouble in the kingdom.

The story is entertaining and I thought it was a novel way to teach about what fractions do to numbers when dividing. The math
Nice. I think I need to find this one to own, as it needs multiple readings before my younger kids will begin to grasp some of the math concepts in this. BUT it definitely cleared some things in my head and gave me better understanding. Ha ha! ( :
Megan Skyrm
This is just like its' counter part only with division. I like how it uses fractions as well as whole numbers.
Sylvia Ulmer
I read this with my students while teaching 5.NF.B.7.b - Interpret division of a whole number by a unit fraction, and compute such quotients.

I like how it gives a strong visual of what division actually is - parceling a number into equal groups. There is only 1 page where they divide by fractions, but I found it was valuable reference - especially because it shows even though there are more pieces, those pieces are smaller. I like that it provided a small challenge at the end which reminded the
This review is from: The Multiplying Menace Divides (Math Adventures) (Paperback)
I think it's rather brilliant of this author to write entertaining books about math for small children. The illustrations are cute but feel a bit amateurish. I do think that children would love them. The story is cute. Though it feels a bit pedantic, I liked it.
Aleya Peters
What a wonderful book!! The plot could be independent from the math portion of the story. I also loved that the book taught a math concept and didn't just mention math.
Grace marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2015
Kara Patterson
Kara Patterson marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2015
Allison Ryley
Allison Ryley marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2015
Sbv marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2015
Jennifer marked it as to-read
May 19, 2015
Vickie Cooke
Vickie Cooke marked it as to-read
May 07, 2015
Nicki marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2015
Tyler Boots
Tyler Boots marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2015
Amy marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2015
Laura Williams
Laura Williams marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2015
Angela added it
Feb 21, 2015
Renee Nelson
Renee Nelson marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2015
Becky Whyte
Becky Whyte marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2014
Kristi marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2014
Carrie Cox
Carrie Cox marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2014
Heidi marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2014
Chris added it
Sep 29, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
I'm a children's author--have four picture books and some easy readers. Hopefully, you'll see a novel coming down the road! My newest picture books are MULTIPLYING MENACE DIVIDES and PRINCESS PEEPERS PICKS A PET!
More about Pam Calvert...

Charlesbridge Math Adventures (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Sir Cumference and the First Round Table
  • Sir Cumference and the Dragon of Pi
  • Sir Cumference and the Great Knight of Angleland
  • Sir Cumference and the Sword in the Cone
  • Sir Cumference and the Isle of Immeter
  • Alice in Pastaland: A Math Adventure
  • Beanstalk: The Measure Of A Giant (A Math Adventure)
  • Cut Down to Size at High Noon
  • Equal Shmequal (Math Adventures)
  • Multiplying Menace: The Revenge of Rumpelstiltskin
Princess Peepers Princess Peepers Picks a Pet Multiplying Menace: The Revenge of Rumpelstiltskin Princesa Belinda / Princess Peepers (Miau) (Spanish Edition) Clue School: Mystery at the Ballpark (Innovative Kids Readers)