Start by marking “Hell, Yeah (Honky Tonk, #2)” as Want to Read:
Hell, Yeah (Honky Tonk, #2)

Hell, Yeah (Honky Tonk #2)

3.99 of 5 stars 3.99  ·  rating details  ·  692 ratings  ·  36 reviews
She's finally found a place that feels like home...

When Cathy O'Dell buys the Honky Tonk, the nights of cowboys and country tunes come together to create the home she's always wanted. Then in walks a ruggedly handsome oil man who tempts her to trade in the happiness she's found at the Honky Tonk for a life on the road with him...

He lives the good life...

Gorgeous and ri
Published August 1st 2010 by Sourcebooks Casablanca

To ask other readers questions about Hell, Yeah, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hell, Yeah

Tasha
Cathy has taken over the Honky Tonk from her cousin Daisy and is enjoying being a new bar owner. In walks Travis one New Year's Eve, who knocks her socks off with a kiss at the stroke of midnight.
Both were deeply affected by the kiss, but Cathy tended to fight it more than Travis. She tended to be more rude and harsh toward Travis as a way to fight her growing feelings for him. Hell, Yeah felt like a re-hash of I Love This Bar. It was pretty much the same premise with just a changing of the char
Jessica
At the risk of repeating my earlier review this book was boring me to death. It was stereotypically country without actually feeling accurate. I'll be honest I put this book down for over a week because it wasn't holding my interests and only made it a few more pages in before quitting. There were too many names thrown at me and I didn't particularly care for the MCs. Especially the heroine who was an endless. "I hate men... But he's so hot." pick I side and stick with it doing otherwise just le ...more
Blodeuedd Finland
Finally read a western and I enjoyed the ride. I had forgotten how much I enjoy contemporary romance.

This one is part of the Honky Tonk series, but they can be read as stand alone novels. So fear not people with OCD reading out of order issues. I did fine it was a new couple, a new start, but the same bar. But this is book 2, and there is a new owner of the Honky Tonk bar.

Cathy is running the place when handsome Travis Henry walks in. Sparks fly, but he is only there for a short period of time b
Wendy Hines
I have not read a Carolyn Brown book yet that I haven't loved. Hell, Yeah is no exception!!

Cathy O'Dell inherited the Honky Tonk bar from her sister Daisy in I LOVE THIS BAR (Book 1 in the series). Now, she's enjoying her life, working the bar. But when a tall handsome stranger struts into the bar on New Year's Eve and kisses her at midnight, the sparks fly.

Travis Henry is rich and good looking. He travels all over unearthing oil wells, then once the job is completed, he moves on. What he didn't
Lisa Jo
Cathy O’Dell runs the Honky Tonk bar on the outskirts of town. She’s been beaten down by a man before, so her disposition towards the opposite is anything but friendly. That was until Travis Henry storms into town with his crew digging for oil in the lot next to her bar. She breaks every personal wall she’s set up around herself to let Travis in. The bad news is that his job is only temporary...once he’s done he’ll be moving on to the next job in Alaska. Cathy has to decide which one she wants t ...more
HєllyBєlly
Aug 19, 2011 HєllyBєlly marked it as sampled-decided-not-to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: boring, contemporary
I downloaded a sample from Amazon and it would seem that the average rating for this book dropped before I got around to reading it yesterday. Basically in the first 20 or so pages (including the fluff in the beginning and title page)we have people asking for and/or drinking Coors at least three times.
Too much Gretchen Peters, y'all, Arkansas and redneck for me.
Amy Jacobs
If you have read any of the author's previous country romance books, you probably knew you had to run and snag this book from the bookstore. When this book arrived in my mailbox, my reaction was Hell, Yeah! The author has a special talent for writing some hot country boy books.

In the latest installment, we get to meet Travis and Cathy. Travis is the down and dirty cowboy that you instantly picture in your head. I loved how the author brought him to life on the pages and made him fumble his way
Sandy M
Not much changes with this book either. Cathy O’Dell is now owner of the Honky Tonk after her cousin Daisy marries Jarod from the previous book.

It’s New Year’s Eve and the countdown is on as the book opens. Travis is in town to work on the local oil rigging crew for the next couple of months. He’s just come into the bar and has spotted a very long-legged and sexy woman, whom he can’t help but lock lips with, especially since he has the excuse of approaching midnight. So he does just that. Right
Cheryl
Cathy O’Dell is the new owner of the Honky Tonk bar. She brought it from her cousin, Daisy from I Love This Bar. Cathy loves being the owner of the Honky Tonk. She meets some interesting people.

Travis Henry is in town temporary for a few months. He is helping out working at the oil rig site. Travis kicks the New Year off with a bang, when he kisses Cathy. Travis thinking that Cathy was just a waitress at the bar, gets a big surprise when he discovers that Cathy is the owner.

At first Cathy wants
April
HELL YEAH by Carolyn Brown is a contemporary romance set in today's time in Mingus, Texas. It is the second in the Honky Tonk series but can be read as a stand alone. It is well written with details and depth, although, it starts out a little slow it picks up quickly. The plot and characters are easy to follow and just as easy to fall in love with. It has romance, country music, line dancing, passion, sweet sensuality, danger, friends, finding your true love, adventure, ending your past and star ...more
Vicki
‘Hell, Yeah’ starts out very similar to the first book in the Honky Tonk series and you think you’re in for a boring case of déjà vu – but stick with it. Having now read all four books in the series I can tell you that the similar beginnings are part of the ‘charm’ of the Honky Tonk. Each is similar at the beginning and end (in the happily-ever-after) but the middle is a different ride for each book.

Brown's descriptive ability is again striking and leaves you feeling like you’ve saddled up to th
Hell, Yeah. Carolyn Brown. 2010. Sourcebooks. 384 pages. ISBN 9781402239274.

Although Hell, Yeah is the second book in Carolyn Brown's "Honky Tonk" series, this fun, sassy, fast-paced romance novel stands strongly on its own without needing to read its predecessor, I Love This Bar.

Cathy O'Dell is the most recent owner of the Honky Tonk country bar and absolutely loves her lifestyle. When handsome, sexy, rugged and smart oil-rigger Travis Henry comes to town for a temporary project, Cathy must re-
Kimberly Lewis
This is the second novel in Ms. Brown’s “Honky Tonk Series” and like the first novel it gained my interest from the start. This novel had a little more nail biting action thrown into it than the last one, and I liked that fact that Cathy wasn’t afraid to kick some butt, even a man’s. Daisy’s cousin Cathy O’Dell owns and runs the Honky Tonk now and during the New Year’s celebration she is greeted in the middle of the dance floor by a man named Travis Henry (who apparently resembles Matthew McCona ...more
Shannon
Ok, so I will start with something positive... This author writes really good supporting characters. I like that she makes sure we catch up with previous characters, without making it all about them, and weaves in equally new ones. I also like that I know a couple of the songs, even some of the more obscure ones, or can figure out which song she is referencing to search for it online. I'm a sucker for music so that speaks to me more than her trying to write the words. However I have to again que ...more
Emily
Cathy O'Dell is as tough as they come, owner of the Honky Tonk and not afraid to put a man in his place including the hunky cowboy who walks right up to her and gives her a New Year's kiss.

Travis Henry doesn't know what possessed him, but the stunning beauty with no one to share the New Year's with has him captivated, until she starts yelling at him. No matter how hard he tries after he seems to be the target of her poisonious barbs, that is until they reach an impasse.

I think I waited to long
Carrie
I have enjoyed all of Carolyn Brown’s previous books, but this is my favorite. I loved both Travis and Cathy and couldn’t wait for them to realize they were meant for each other. Cathy isn’t looking for a man until Travis kisses her on New Year’s Eve. She couldn’t get the good looking cowboy off her mind, and Travis can’t forget that the prickly bar owner kisses like nothing he’s ever felt before. These two circle around each other until they finally give in to the temptation.

Like the previous b
Barbara ★
Travis Henry walks into Cathy O'Dell's bar on New Year's Eve and walks right up and plants one on her. She's taken aback but secretly thrilled cause he's definitely a hottie and she's lonely in this little one horse town. That is until she finds out he'll be hanging around drilling for oil practically in her backyard.

The sexual tension, the double entendres, the snappy repartee all make for a rip roaring good time. And we mustn't forget all the country music references that for a country music f
Kristina
I adored the first book in this series and this one was another winner. I was so happy to be carried back into this world that I didn't want to put it down. It was fun to reunite with the characters and see what they were up to. But...I was even happier to follow Cathy's story! (She was introduced toward the end of book 1) I also enjoyed meeting the new characters and getting to "know" them.

Cathy's story was great and just what I expected from Ms. Brown's writing. She can really make up some sex
PCT
Loved his character - generally liked book and would have given 4 stars and even 5 for parts of it, but the kidnapping and violence in her revenge was too dark for me.
Sara
it was an ok book.
I know that things move slower in the south but this book moved at a turtle pace. nothing happened in the first 200 pages & i was about to put it down, then it got interesting.
(view spoiler)
Alt
Gail
Cute story. Lots of funny banter-- some of the things they say shock me a little and I have a hard time believing people would say those things. But then again, I've hung out with people who Do say those things, so, yeah. I just run in a slightly more sedate crowd most of the time. There are some wild goings on, including a kidnapping-- I imagine to pep things up. Not a whole lot actually happens. I did get a little tired of the paraphrasing of the words to country songs. At times, it got to see ...more
Michelle
Break out your cowboy boots and get ready to two step! This series has always made me want to head down to my local honky tonk and do a quick line dance. I enjoy the premise of these stories but sometimes the execution is lacking. It seems like some ideas are just not fully thought out and written so the story can almost seem simplistic. Besides that I did enjoy this story. It was a light read, had lots of great characters, and lots of potential for additional story lines. I'll pick up the next ...more
Mical
Hell Yeah, a cute reading. Good writer.
Mary Cain
I really liked this title and the pitch. I really wanted to like this book. I never made it to the end, or even the middle. I picked it up several times to try to get through it. Simply said, it exhausted me to read. I was bombarded with trying to keep track of who was who and who was related to who. I also couldn't keep track of who was 80 and who was 25. Add all of that to dialogue that will make your head hurt and it's the only book I've never finished reading. Sad to say, since I really enjo ...more
LaVerne
Books that constantly quote the words or names of classic country music and epitomizes redneck women aren't usually the kind of books I'd pick up. But I was in a rush and the cover most definitely made me pull it off the shelf. What can I say I do love cowboys. And I'm very glad I gave this book a try. I loved the heroine and the hero made me melt. So try it you just might like it. Hell yeah!
Teresa
I loved the Texas humor and the references to many country songs. It makes me think back to growing up in Texas and the old country songs. I haven't paid much attention to the oldies/goodies in a while, so it makes me remember my childhood. The story is just wonderful. I love the complications they create and then overcome to be together. Great read. Lots of laughs.
Beth
I only read to page 69.

There were too many characters introduced too quickly, it was confusing. This made it hard to care about the main characters and I finally just gave up.
Becky Albritton
I liked this one better than the first. You seriously do not want to mess with this redneck woman...she is a great heroine and Travis is the best hero so far!
Haylie
I liked this one but i didn't really finish it. It kinda seemed slow to pick up, but it was still good and maybe i will pick it back up one day. :)
Karen Davis
I love this series...it's fun and quirky...full of colorful characters! =)
  • Cowboy Fever
  • Make Mine a Bad Boy (Deep in the Heart of Texas, #2)
  • Ambushed! (Sons of Chance, #2)
  • Tyler (The Secret Life of Cowboys, #1)
  • Roping Your Heart (Riding Tall, #2)
  • Unbreakable (The Dalton Gang, #2)
  • Playing for Keeps (Cricket Creek, #1)
  • Down In Texas
  • Montana Destiny
  • Wolf Trap (Wolf Moons #2)
  • Turn My World Upside Down: Jo's Story
  • Unbridled
  • Big Sky Secrets (Parable, Montana, #6)
  • Ex, Why, And Me
  • Restless Heart (Heart, #2)
  • Teaming Up (Harlequin NASCAR, #26)
Hi! I'm twenty five years old and movie star gorgeous. The camera added thirty plus years and a few wrinkles. Can't trust those cameras or mirrors either. Along with bathroom scales they are notorious liars! Honestly, I am the mother of three fantastic grown children who've made me laugh and given me more story ideas than I could ever write. My husband, Charles, is my strongest supporter and my be ...more
More about Carolyn Brown...

Honky Tonk (4 books)
  • I Love This Bar (Honky Tonk, #1)
  • My Give a Damn's Busted (Honky Tonk, #3)
  • Honky Tonk Christmas (Honky Tonk, #4)
The Ladies Room Love Drunk Cowboy (Spikes & Spurs, #1) Lucky in Love (Lucky, #1) I Love This Bar (Honky Tonk, #1) One Lucky Cowboy (Lucky, #2)

“God is Great