How to Treat a Lady (Talisman Ring, #3)

How to Treat a Lady (Talisman Ring #3)

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  713 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Everyone knows that all the members of the St. John family are destined for greatness - all, that is, except the rebellious Chase St. John. Then, as the fates would have it, a lifetime of drinking, gambling and womanising catches up and leads him to a fateful incident which changes his life. Harriet Ward, on the other hand, has always felt the weight of responsibility cari...more
Published November 25th 2003 by Avon (first published January 1st 2003)

Aidyle
Better story than the second book but equally as funny and entertaining as the first. More details about the St. John brothers unfold in this novel. Details about the hero & heroine's lovemaking is way juicier and sizzling than the first 2 books though.
Rosa-lee Reed
loved it .. first book I read of this author and was very happy..
Lynne Tull
This is Chase St. John's story and the third in the series. As I began each of these first three books and got the gist of the story, I couldn't help myself. I smiled. On beginning Chase's story my smile turned into a chuckle and I chuckled until the end. I seemed to know what was coming next and how it would end and I chuckled. I am back to smiling now. It was a fun read and I think you will enjoy it...thumbs up on this series.
steph
Harriet is the best. Enough said. Loving this series and I love how I always read them out of order. Oh well. This one was pretty adorable and addicting. Good spin on the well used amnesia plotline -oh, and I really enjoyed Harriet's mother and four siblings. They cracked me up. Along with Chase's brothers when they finally tracked him down.

This book reminded me just why I like Karen Hawkins and her writing so much.
Stefanie
I love Harriet!!! She's strong, she speeks her mind, she takes care for her family and she isn't afraid to love and feel passion.
I like how you see Chase grow from a spoiled boy who tries to outrun his mistakes and who's to proud to ask for help into a confident, hard-working, loving young man.
I can't say anything negative about this book. It's fun, entertaining and endearing. I think I've found a new favorite author!
Samie Kauchis
Thus far. my favorite of the series. I had a feeling it would be. :)
Shannon
Another good book in the saga of the St. John brothers by Karen Hawkins. Chase St. John needs a place to escape his demons and Harriet Ward needs a fake fiance. Right place at the right time for Chase and a love story begins. Worth a read, not as adventure or mystery packed as others in the Talisman Ring series but with a satisfying ending. I can't wait for Devon's story.
Akichan
I wonder if there is really such a ring. This is the first book from Karen Hawkins and I must say that it is a good read. Romance, magic and with a little bit of old England, it captured my interest especially when the characters and the story is so easy to love. I'm currently looking for the other books from this series. Hope they're available in the Phils.
Julie
Okay regency, but not nearly as good as the previous two books in the series. Neither hero or heroine had my sympathies and I found it hard to stay interested. Hopefully the next two will be better. 3/5

Mary23
Not as good as the first two in the series. I liked the characters and the story, but it dragged in the middle. 3 1/2 stars.
Karen Darling
This book wasn’t bad, I thought it was ridiculous her having that many sisters and them being so desperate for a husband.
Kit
A light, quick, happy romance. Especially endearing was the Harriet's irrepressible family.
penelopewanders
Here as a ring, amusing read. Nice little snack of a book, a few laughs, nothing weighty.
Cornélia
that was really good.I should re-read it now that I think about it......more
Jessica
I never really got into this book enough to enjoy it.
Lindy
Oct 19, 2011 Lindy marked it as did-not-finish-skimmed-to-end
Cute, but not my favorite book by this talented author.
Jessica
Karen Hawkins zur Hirnberuhigung ;)
Joan
A fun read.
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2014
Thewalkinglexicon
Thewalkinglexicon marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2014
Barbara
Barbara marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2014
Alyce
Alyce added it
Apr 08, 2014
  • Sins of a Duke (Griffin Family, #4)
  • The Sinful Nights of a Nobleman (Boscastle, #5)
  • A Perfect Hero (Sterling trilogy, #3)
  • It Takes a Hero (Danvers, #4)
  • Married to the Viscount (Swanlea Spinsters, #5)
  • The Kiss (Widows Club, #2)
  • Lady Whistledown Strikes Back (Lady Whistledown, #2)
  • Bedding the Heiress (Cameron Sisters, #4)
  • My Seduction (The Rose Hunters Trilogy #1)
  • Sleepless at Midnight (Mayhem in Mayfair, #1)
  • Her Notorious Viscount (Stoneworth, #1)
Karen Hawkins is an award winning New York Times and USA Today best selling author of historical and contemporary romance. She writes full time from her home in Florida while consuming copious quantities of Diet Coke and surrounded by two very large rescue dogs and one very cranky rescue cat.

Sign up here for Karen Hawkins’s amazingly fun newsletter, which she sends out only three or four times a y...more
More about Karen Hawkins...
How to Abduct a Highland Lord (MacLean Curse, #1) To Catch a Highlander (MacLean Curse, #3) The Abduction of Julia (Rogues, #1) Sleepless in Scotland (MacLean Curse, #4) The Laird Who Loved Me (MacLean Curse, #5)

“Money, or the lack of it, haunted him. Oh, not because he had so little. He was, in fact, very wealthy. It was the beggarliness of his companion that caused him the most pain.” 2 likes
“Nonsense. One day, the right man will come along, and you’ll change your mind.”
Harriet wasn’t so sure. In all her twenty-four years, she’d never met a single man who had managed to make her feel anything more than acute irritation.”
2 likes