Start by marking “Confessions of a Scoundrel (Talisman Ring, #2)” as Want to Read:
Confessions of a Scoundrel (Talisman Ring, #2)

Confessions of a Scoundrel (Talisman Ring #2)

3.90  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,055 Ratings  ·  41 Reviews

Never has the irresistible rogue, Brandon St. John, pursued a woman with more fervor—but his ardent suit of Lady Verena Westforth has a di
Published September 27th 2011 by Avon (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Confessions of a Scoundrel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Confessions of a Scoundrel

Devil in Winter by Lisa KleypasDreaming of You by Lisa KleypasLord of Scoundrels by Loretta ChaseNine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake by Sarah MacLeanThe Viscount Who Loved Me by Julia Quinn
Best Rogue/Rake Romance Books
160th out of 512 books — 1,218 voters
Devil in Winter by Lisa KleypasRomancing Mister Bridgerton by Julia QuinnNine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake by Sarah MacLeanThe Viscount Who Loved Me by Julia QuinnThe Bride by Julie Garwood
Best Humorous Historical Romances
177th out of 607 books — 693 voters

More lists with this book...

Keri
Jul 05, 2015 Keri rated it really liked it
So next up with the Talisman ring is Brandon St. John and no little ring is going to get him tied in knots or tie the knot with any lady. He is after all strictly a two week love and leave them type of guy. Then he is on to greener bored-but-married-society ladies, it is his motto. But Chase his beloved younger brother has got himself in a mess and about to pop the question to a lady of questionable nature. A Ms Verena Westforth has managed to get Chase so worked up, he has a special license in ...more
Lover of Romance
Mar 31, 2013 Lover of Romance rated it really liked it
Brandon St John, is one of out five siblings, and as much as he despises it so, he is in possession of the Talisman Ring. Which is quite a legend within his family and has been passed down the generations. Although he refuses to believe in such a legend, which says that whoever is in possession of it shall find true love. Brandon is not eager to find love, settle down or have kids. He is more than ever content as he is. His younger brother Chase, has just bought a special license and Brandon and ...more
Barbara Rogers
Nov 14, 2015 Barbara Rogers rated it it was amazing
Talisman Ring Series, Book 2

Legend says that whomever possesses the St. John talisman ring will find their one true love. So, none of the brothers want possession of the ring and they pass it back and forth through all sorts of trickery. The oldest brother was snared in the 1st book of the series. This time it is Brandon St. John who has the ring. Brandon is the 'perfect' one of the bunch -- never makes a social mistake, manages his money well, is always perfectly dressed, etc. -- and he's very
Farhanah Nurhidayah
Honestly, i bought it just because there was a book fair came up last year, the book was cheap and i was in the mood for historical romance. So, i just randomly pick it up and i thought i should give it a go and oh boy, i was wrong. Here's a habit of mine, i do not like read multiple books at the same time and i wont move on unless it was really really bad except for some occasional moment where i was determined to finish this book as a challenge for myself. The book was bad. I mean like the wri ...more
Dianne
Feb 02, 2015 Dianne rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
Confessions of a Scoundrel by Karen Hawkins is the second book in the Talisman Ring series. This historical romance centers on Brandon St. John, the less than proud current owner of the Talisman ring. Those who follow the legend of the ring believe that whomever carries the ring will find their true love. Of course, Brandon does not believe in the legend. How could he when he is never interested in a woman beyond two weeks at the most?
Brandon is tasked by his brothers to pay off Lady Verena West
Chastity
Oct 28, 2013 Chastity rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
I loved this book, but I love every book I have read by Karen Hawkins! She is one of my very favorite authors! Thanks Karen for yet another awesome book!
The story description:
Legend says that whomever possesses the St. John talisman ring will find their one true love. Now that the ring rests in the pocket of renowned scoundrel Brandon St. John, the dashing rake must decide whether it is a blessing ... or a curse." Never has the irresistible rogue, Brandon St. John, pursued a woman with more fer
Stefanie
May 11, 2014 Stefanie rated it really liked it
I loved both Brandon and Verena!!
Brandon is bored, he has nothing in his life he want's to accomplish. Then one day he wants to save his brother Chase from one of 'those women'. But when he meets Verena himself he's immediatly attracted to her. She's no ordinary woman. And she dares to refuse his money and sprinkle his cheque over his head!
Verena is a strong and willful woman. She loves her family dearly but she wants to escape her past. Untill somenody threatens her brother and she needs to hel
Brittany
Jan 31, 2013 Brittany rated it did not like it
Shelves: gave-up-on
By finished, I read the first fifty pages and said "nope"
Angela
Nov 28, 2015 Angela rated it it was ok
For most of this book I couldn't get over the fact that Brandon was under the impression that Verena had slept with his brother AND his best friend. This is all cleared up in one tiny paragraph at the end, but still, it was distracting. Also, the missing list suddenly became less important to the Home Office for some reason, even though they had been threatening a number of things to retrieve it throughout the book. The whole plot was only half conceived.

The final scene with the bad guys happen
Fairy / Anna
Dec 11, 2012 Fairy / Anna rated it did not like it
Boring, DNF.
Maura
Bunga
Jun 08, 2014 Bunga rated it liked it
Novel ini menceritakan tentang Brandon St.John. Di ending buku pertama dia dikerjain kakaknya yang menyebabkan cincin pusaka keluarga mereka jatuh ke tangan si Brand. The Talisman Ring adalah cincin milik keluarga St.john yang melegenda, katanya sih punya kesaktian, yaitu bisa membuat pemiliknya menikah dengan cinta sejati mereka. Nah, gara-gara inilah para St.John bersaudara pada gak mau memiliki cincin ini. Soalnya mereka masih betah menjomblo. Hihihi... Singkat cerita, cincin ini 'berhasil' j ...more
Jessica
Jan 19, 2009 Jessica rated it it was ok
hmpf!
Jessi
Jul 05, 2010 Jessi rated it really liked it
Gosh darn it. I remember reading this series and really enjoying it. Sigh. Now I'll probably have to read the whole thing again. Booger.
Anyway, this book is th second in a series about a mother who left her "Talisman ring" to her children in the hopes that they could find the same true love that she did. In this book, it's Brandon St. John's turn as he tries to deflect the Lady Verena Westforth from marrying his brother. But, after he offers her a significant bribe, he finds out that she's alrea
Stephanie Bolen
Mar 30, 2014 Stephanie Bolen rated it it was ok
The home office and spy thing has been done to death. I wish it would have just been about her life as a demimonde and her con artist family. And I'm still not clear on the St. John family tree he was talking about step siblings and such. And I thought there was only one step sibling.
Donna
Nov 15, 2015 Donna rated it it was amazing
At some point, I'll get all of my older books listed. The Talisman Ring series is one of my favorites and Karen Hawkins is an excellent author. If you missed this series or are new to this author, I highly recommend it.
Barbara Raney
May 07, 2014 Barbara Raney rated it really liked it
A fine romance with a mystery to solve. The names were unsusal, that, and the herione being a widow (aka non-virgin) were about the only things out of the ordinary in this lovely little story.
Erica Munro
Oct 15, 2015 Erica Munro rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic read from beginning to end.

Wonderful cast of characters, I really do love to read about independent women getting the type of love they deserve.
Kit★
Jul 17, 2014 Kit★ marked it as to-read
Dollar store find, I've enjoyed what I've read by the author so far, so I grabbed it up. But of course, it's not #1 in the series, so now gotta add more books to the to-get list.
Mya
Feb 07, 2015 Mya rated it really liked it
This is the second in the Tailsman Ring series, and I still enjoy watching the brother get stuck with the ring. Brandon and Verena were good leads, and I loved her quirky butler, Herberts! As always with this author there was great banter and some laugh aloud parts. I am looking forward to reading the third book.

Original review posted at http://paragraphsandpetticoats.blogsp...
Kazia Gemmill
Oct 14, 2015 Kazia Gemmill rated it really liked it
Good plot and characters. Scene-stealing butler added a nice comedic element. Had some minor editing/formatting issues.
Aidyle
Mar 02, 2014 Aidyle rated it it was ok
Plot went downhill for me after 3rd chapter but still kept reading to find out the ending.
Rhonda
Aug 31, 2014 Rhonda rated it really liked it
Cute story that continues the series well. Some good humor and likable characters. I especially loved the part where Brand got his comeuppance for his behavior when he first met Verena; he was being rather rude at first. I have to admit that I only saw part of the end coming. I figured out about half of the mystery.
Julie
Sep 09, 2015 Julie rated it really liked it
Great plot and terrific chemistry between the h/h. Perfect combo. The handsome man about town Brandon St. John finally meets his match, albeit reluctantly, in the form of Verena, Lady Wentworth, a widow of dubious reputation in the demimonde. While trying to resist their mutual attraction, they team up to find a mysterious list that was lost somewhere in her house. Danger, mystery and passion abound! I loved it! 4.5/5

Lynne Tull
Jan 27, 2011 Lynne Tull rated it really liked it
Shelves: regency-romance
I am really liking this series. This story moves along at a fast pace even though the H/H connection is drawn out to peak the reader's interest. There is actually a story and I was quickly drawn in to help solve a mystery...one of my favorite pastimes. I love a good mystery. This story left me wanting to pick up the next installment..which I did. At this point at number two of a series of five I am recommending it to you.
QiJia 치쟈
o I so love the chemistry between Verena and Brandon!

Nice plot but I was a bit worried with so many characters at the beginning but later on it was fast paced and engaging.

Though how big an impact can A LIST be ?

If the mystery and excitement is something other than A LIST which brought them together , the story would have been better.

This is my first read by Karen Hawkins, and it will definitely not be my last!
Sababa
It's a keeper! loved reading about the ring. I mean, at the end I literally screamed out loud when Chase caught it! Here i thought Brand would give it to Devon. But I am so glad. I get read Chase's story next. :)
I loved Herbert, okay? That man is an awesome butler. I don't think the last time I laughed so much reading about butlers! Very strong and balanced characters.
Shannon
Jul 10, 2008 Shannon rated it it was amazing
In regards to my favorite authors of romance, Karen Hawkins is one of the few writers who creates such wonderful settings and passionate love stories that I am sad when the book ends. I want to be one of her characters and experience the story as she writes it. Confessions of a Scoundrel is the 2nd in the Talismen Ring series and each book gets better and better.
Trish
Jul 03, 2011 Trish rated it really liked it
Another fun read and enjoyable time with the St. John brothers. From what I've ascertained this is a series of historical romance type books incorporating the brothers and their family legacy associated with the St. John talisman ring. Truly funny and interesting reading from a reader who has never been much on historical romance.
Josi
Nov 10, 2015 Josi rated it liked it
This was a very enjoyable book. I loved all the parts with Verena's butler, Herberts. I laughed out loud several times. The back and forth between Brand and Verena was great as well. Can't wait to read the next in this series.
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 12, 2015 10:37AM
  • Sins of a Duke (Griffin Family, #4)
  • Confessions at Midnight (Mayhem in Mayfair, #2)
  • Let Sleeping Rogues Lie (School for Heiresses, #4)
  • The Love Affair of an English Lord (Boscastle, #2)
  • Never Romance a Rake (Neville Family #3)
  • The Man Tamer (It's All About Attitude #7)
  • If He's Wild (Wherlocke, #3)
  • It Takes a Hero (Danvers, #4)
  • Emerald Garden
  • Three Nights with a Scoundrel (Stud Club, #3)
  • At the Duke's Pleasure (The Byrons of Braebourne, #3)
New York Times and USA Today best-selling author Karen Hawkins is known for her wonderfully humorous and emotion-tugging historical and contemporary romances. The author of over 30 novels, Karen writes for a living between shopping for shoes, playing around on Facebook and Pinterest, looking for fun items for Hawkins Manor, and napping, although usually not at the same time. Sometimes, for fun, sh ...more
More about Karen Hawkins...

Talisman Ring (5 books)
  • An Affair to Remember (Talisman Ring #1)
  • How to Treat a Lady (Talisman Ring, #3)
  • And the Bride Wore Plaid (Talisman Ring, #4)
  • Lady in Red (Talisman Ring, #5)