Start by marking “Confessions of a Scoundrel (Talisman Ring, #2)” as Want to Read:
Confessions of a Scoundrel (Talisman Ring, #2)

Confessions of a Scoundrel (Talisman Ring #2)

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  869 ratings  ·  29 reviews

Never has the irresistible rogue, Brandon St. John, pursued a woman with more fervor—but his ardent suit of Lady Verena Westforth has a di
Published September 27th 2011 by Avon (first published January 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Confessions of a Scoundrel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Confessions of a Scoundrel

Devil in Winter by Lisa KleypasRomancing Mister Bridgerton by Julia QuinnNine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake by Sarah MacLeanThe Viscount Who Loved Me by Julia QuinnThe Bride by Julie Garwood
Best Humorous Historical Romances
129th out of 481 books — 440 voters
Devil in Winter by Lisa KleypasLord of Scoundrels by Loretta ChaseDreaming of You by Lisa KleypasNine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake by Sarah MacLeanMarried By Morning by Lisa Kleypas
Best Rogue/Rake Romance Books
258th out of 454 books — 1,017 voters

More lists with this book...

Brittany
By finished, I read the first fifty pages and said "nope"
Bunga
Novel ini menceritakan tentang Brandon St.John. Di ending buku pertama dia dikerjain kakaknya yang menyebabkan cincin pusaka keluarga mereka jatuh ke tangan si Brand. The Talisman Ring adalah cincin milik keluarga St.john yang melegenda, katanya sih punya kesaktian, yaitu bisa membuat pemiliknya menikah dengan cinta sejati mereka. Nah, gara-gara inilah para St.John bersaudara pada gak mau memiliki cincin ini. Soalnya mereka masih betah menjomblo. Hihihi... Singkat cerita, cincin ini 'berhasil' j ...more
Lover of Romance
Brandon St John, is one of out five siblings, and as much as he despises it so, he is in possession of the Talisman Ring. Which is quite a legend within his family and has been passed down the generations. Although he refuses to believe in such a legend, which says that whoever is in possession of it shall find true love. Brandon is not eager to find love, settle down or have kids. He is more than ever content as he is. His younger brother Chase, has just bought a special license and Brandon and ...more
Chastity
I loved this book, but I love every book I have read by Karen Hawkins! She is one of my very favorite authors! Thanks Karen for yet another awesome book!
The story description:
Legend says that whomever possesses the St. John talisman ring will find their one true love. Now that the ring rests in the pocket of renowned scoundrel Brandon St. John, the dashing rake must decide whether it is a blessing ... or a curse." Never has the irresistible rogue, Brandon St. John, pursued a woman with more fer
Stefanie
I loved both Brandon and Verena!!
Brandon is bored, he has nothing in his life he want's to accomplish. Then one day he wants to save his brother Chase from one of 'those women'. But when he meets Verena himself he's immediatly attracted to her. She's no ordinary woman. And she dares to refuse his money and sprinkle his cheque over his head!
Verena is a strong and willful woman. She loves her family dearly but she wants to escape her past. Untill somenody threatens her brother and she needs to hel
Jessi
Gosh darn it. I remember reading this series and really enjoying it. Sigh. Now I'll probably have to read the whole thing again. Booger.
Anyway, this book is th second in a series about a mother who left her "Talisman ring" to her children in the hopes that they could find the same true love that she did. In this book, it's Brandon St. John's turn as he tries to deflect the Lady Verena Westforth from marrying his brother. But, after he offers her a significant bribe, he finds out that she's alrea
Stephanie Bolen
The home office and spy thing has been done to death. I wish it would have just been about her life as a demimonde and her con artist family. And I'm still not clear on the St. John family tree he was talking about step siblings and such. And I thought there was only one step sibling.
Barbara Raney
A fine romance with a mystery to solve. The names were unsusal, that, and the herione being a widow (aka non-virgin) were about the only things out of the ordinary in this lovely little story.
Kit★
Jul 17, 2014 Kit★ marked it as to-read
Dollar store find, I've enjoyed what I've read by the author so far, so I grabbed it up. But of course, it's not #1 in the series, so now gotta add more books to the to-get list.
Aidyle
Plot went downhill for me after 3rd chapter but still kept reading to find out the ending.
Rhonda
Cute story that continues the series well. Some good humor and likable characters. I especially loved the part where Brand got his comeuppance for his behavior when he first met Verena; he was being rather rude at first. I have to admit that I only saw part of the end coming. I figured out about half of the mystery.
Julie
Great plot and terrific chemistry between the h/h. Perfect combo. The handsome man about town Brandon St. John finally meets his match, albeit reluctantly, in the form of Verena, Lady Wentworth, a widow of dubious reputation in the demimonde. While trying to resist their mutual attraction, they team up to find a mysterious list that was lost somewhere in her house. Danger, mystery and passion abound! I loved it! 4.5/5

Lynne Tull
I am really liking this series. This story moves along at a fast pace even though the H/H connection is drawn out to peak the reader's interest. There is actually a story and I was quickly drawn in to help solve a mystery...one of my favorite pastimes. I love a good mystery. This story left me wanting to pick up the next installment..which I did. At this point at number two of a series of five I am recommending it to you.
QiJia 치쟈
o I so love the chemistry between Verena and Brandon!

Nice plot but I was a bit worried with so many characters at the beginning but later on it was fast paced and engaging.

Though how big an impact can A LIST be ?

If the mystery and excitement is something other than A LIST which brought them together , the story would have been better.

This is my first read by Karen Hawkins, and it will definitely not be my last!
Sababa
It's a keeper! loved reading about the ring. I mean, at the end I literally screamed out loud when Chase caught it! Here i thought Brand would give it to Devon. But I am so glad. I get read Chase's story next. :)
I loved Herbert, okay? That man is an awesome butler. I don't think the last time I laughed so much reading about butlers! Very strong and balanced characters.
Shannon
In regards to my favorite authors of romance, Karen Hawkins is one of the few writers who creates such wonderful settings and passionate love stories that I am sad when the book ends. I want to be one of her characters and experience the story as she writes it. Confessions of a Scoundrel is the 2nd in the Talismen Ring series and each book gets better and better.
Trish
Another fun read and enjoyable time with the St. John brothers. From what I've ascertained this is a series of historical romance type books incorporating the brothers and their family legacy associated with the St. John talisman ring. Truly funny and interesting reading from a reader who has never been much on historical romance.
Sashi
I really love the way the author wrote the story....truly passionate...
Lydia
This book had enough mystery to keep me interested with just the rot amount of spice. I looked the characters, but I did want to know what happened to the villain of the piece, could've been included in the epilogue.
Elle
I started in the middle of the series, but I don't think I lost much. This seems to be a self-contained story. The mystery part is good, kept me guessing to the end, and I liked the attraction between the characters.
Grace Gibbins
Really Enjoyed this book. I read them out of order, but thats the best way to do it. You Fall in love with these characters from later books and you go back and read about their story. Its great.
Dawn Wells
I enjoy this series however it took me a while to get into this story line. I do enjoy those St John men. And the romances are filled with humor.
Mellissa Francisco
I found this book to be slow moving... But I fought my way through it. Ready to move on to book 3 hope it moves a little better!
Mel B
Read during our island vacation, this book and a few more were my saviours. I liked it.
Karen Darling
Not bad, I enjoyed the majority of this book.
Wahyuniarti
Not as interesting as the first book..
Mariam
It deserves a 3.5 stars.
  • The Love Affair of an English Lord (Boscastle, #2)
  • By Love Undone (Bancroft Brothers, #1)
  • Let Sleeping Rogues Lie (School for Heiresses, #4)
  • Confessions at Midnight (Mayhem in Mayfair, #2)
  • It Takes a Hero (Danvers, #4)
  • The Prince of Pleasure (Notorious, #5)
New York Times and USA Today best-selling author Karen Hawkins is known for her wonderfully humorous and emotion-tugging historical and contemporary romances. The author of over 30 novels, Karen writes for a living between shopping for shoes, playing around on Facebook and Pinterest, looking for fun items for Hawkins Manor, and napping, although usually not at the same time. Sometimes, for fun, sh ...more
More about Karen Hawkins...
How to Abduct a Highland Lord (MacLean Curse, #1) To Catch a Highlander (MacLean Curse, #3) The Laird Who Loved Me (MacLean Curse, #5) The Abduction of Julia (Rogues, #1) Sleepless in Scotland (MacLean Curse, #4)