Start by marking “Lady J (Drama High, #5)” as Want to Read:
Lady J

L. Divine

Lady J (Drama High #5)

4.62  ·  Rating Details ·  1,441 Ratings  ·  54 Reviews
For South Bay High's bold, beautiful Jayd Jackson, drama has reached record-breaking heights as she finds herself on the defensive at home, work, and school. Maybe it's time to take her destiny--and her power--into her own hands...

Her relationship with now-ex boyfriend Jeremy behind her, Jayd realizes drama is just a never-ending part of daily life. Even so, she's reache

Kindle Edition
Published (first published January 1st 2008)

Nyasa
Jun 10, 2010 Nyasa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lady J is the fifth book in the Drama High series. In this book Jeremy and Jayd have just broken up and people are cashing in there bets. Tania who is the mother of Jeremys unborn child is extatic and leaving for New York. With Raheem Jayds ex from her middle school back in her life things just got alot more drama filled but they don't call it Drama High for nothing.
Sharlika
The book that I have read is a novel called Drama High: Lady J by L. Divine. This novel is a fiction story. The main theme of this story is to help others when they ask for your help, how to try to keep away from drama and also how to solve them.
Drama High: Lady J is based on a teenager named Jayd. She has a lot of drama going on in her life. Most of her drama is at school. But she would always have her friends there to back her up when ever she gets her self in to trouble. There names are Micke
Asia Fontenot
Mar 18, 2016 Asia Fontenot rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was about how jay'd had all these problems with boys and she hit this other girl pretty hard and the girl did not come to school that next day i really liked this book i will read more when i have the chance i also recommend this book to Cycy,and Alayna.
Moni
Dec 04, 2008 Moni rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: drama-high
Jayd breaks up wit Jeremy omg!!

Yun Mei
Jan 09, 2012 Yun Mei rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Monday, January 2, 2012
Pages 1-47

Tania is pregnant with Jeremy's child. Tania comes out of nowhere and asks Jeremy if he missed her. Mickey gets sick of Tania and throws her drink at Tania and it splashes all over her chest. Tania calls Mickey a hoochie and Mickey attacks Tania.

The book reminds me of the time when my friend got in a fight with this girl in my school over her constant gossiping. She got sick of it and started jumping her. This book made me realize true friends will stick up for y
Kyla Hudson
A Teens Connection
Don’t forget where you are and make you’ve been/life’s lessons make you into a woman “(pg.31)
L. divine’s drama high series “lady J” was set in Los Angeles, tells a typical story of an average teen. A young girl named Jayd Jackson is attending South Bay High School for her third year. Jayd struggles to find her own identity as well as who and what she wants in life.
Jayd recently broke up with her boyfriend, Jeremy, after being cheated on, and is trying to find someone else who m
Akilah
Akilah imani 6/16/09
Dear Diary,
Life is rough right now. Boys are the worst for some reason. My life isn’t he best . I am trying to let them go but I cant seem to but I have to. Boys put me threw to much.
It crazy how boys in this school play girls like they are a game . I hate feeling like this. the boy you really love Plays you and when you are over them they get mad .
My friends are the ones I really love right now. They help me whenever I need something. Sometimes we get into things but they
Jasmine Gladden
Reading this book was easy to relate to. As I continue to read the book, I realize it was a series of these and I was caught in the middle part of the book. However, the plot was basically a typical high school girl who is having boy trouble and the normal girl drama. This book was easy to relate to because the book touches on most problems that a teenage girl goes through in their high school years. The only thing I didn’t relate to in the book was her spiritual side in the book. The main char ...more
Indira
Feb 10, 2010 Indira rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: the-drama-shelf
Reading Lady J will take you for a spin.So many characters,with so much drama.Mickey and her juggling a gangsta unnamed boyfriend,and a star football player at her school,with a rumor which is actually true going around saying that she is pregnant and she do not know who the baby daddy is.Nellie and her undying love for Nigel who is currently with Mickey.Then we have Raheem,or as we like to call him Rah and his baby mama drama.Jayd,it seems like drama will just knock on her door and wont even a ...more
tiffany ben
Jul 06, 2011 tiffany ben rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think that this is a text to text. I think it's a text to text becuase it's kind of like the third book Jayds Legacy. I the book
Nikoleta
Oct 24, 2009 Nikoleta rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: grade-8-ir-book
Lady J is about Jayd, who has drama every day. She breaks up with her boyfriend Jeremy but he tries to get back with her. However, shes moved on. Her neighbor Esmeralda is like a witch with her blue eyes. In fact she puts a curse on Jayd, she gets headaches every day. Girls are jealous of her because boys like her. She also gets into fights with them.

During reading this book, I made a text-to-world connection. Many girls like Jayd get in big fights with other girls because some are jealous of
Amanda
Dec 09, 2008 Amanda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: frenemies
Recommended to Amanda by: jayd
Jayd just got realer. This queen is hairy! Hooray. Lead us Jayd into the world of strong women. So Book 5. Jayd has to deal with residual Jeremy issues, and now Rah, who has a girlfriend but is dating Jayd on the side. She still hasn't given up her cookies. But now the drama at her school revolves around everyone finding out about her legacy and calling her a witch. She made the mistake of trying to help Misty break out of Mama's enemy neighbor, Esmerelda's spell. She made a charm bag and plante ...more
Noemi705
in the book "Lady J" Jayd has to learn how to live with the bad influence some people have towards her. there is a woman named, Esmeralda,and she wants to make Jayd's life a living hell. She put this spell on Jayd and now she keeps havng these painful headaches.
we can't let anyone have that power to make our life miserable. if you don't like me than oh well. we have to take a bigger step than them and leave them behind in the dust and let them know that they ain't shit to us.
Jayd has help from h
Lisa
Jan 25, 2009 Lisa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jayd is back. Drama is even worse now that mamas worst enemy is here.. Esmerelda. Can mama and Jayd have enough powers from their ancestors to survive this challenge?
In this book I can make a text to text connection. In frenemies, Jayd is apparently Jeremy's "charity" case. In this book when they are broken up he seems to treat her with more respect and listen to her more often.
I gave this bok 5 stars. L. Divine is a wonderful author, i'm glad that she can write about this wonderful girl Jay
Ashlee
Jun 21, 2011 Ashlee rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I like drama high lady j its so so so much drama. I am going to tell you about the book in the beginning lady j was talking about her boyfriend and who likes her boyfriend. lady j says her mom is going to pick her up because she was so tiered and her boyfriend taking her to work. So she said she do not have time for a man right now . so, i forgot to tell you that her friend [well not really her friend she dont like her alot]like her boyfriend. so they are doing a battle thing. well i have to get ...more
Kenya
Oct 15, 2008 Kenya rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: advisory2008-09
This was a very good book to read because it was expressed in a unique way. I enjoyed reading this book. This was about a girl named Jayd, but her friends and family call her Lady J. This book is about "Lady J" trying to overcome a mission and to succeed in life. She is a college student and faces many obstacles during the time, but in the end she overcomes it. This was a very good book and very detailed.
FOREVERR* theee KING-M.J
This book was about Jayd and how Jeremy was trying to get back with her. It also was about how Raheem he ex-boyfriend was having troubles and she made him a gris-gris. But Misty her enemy was having problems to and she made her a gris-gris but she found it and made everyone think she was a witch.
Mama D
Nov 09, 2011 Mama D rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I think that Lady J is a good book because I can relate to some of the problems the main character goes through.Lady J
Diamonique
Oct 09, 2011 Diamonique rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved it. Jayd just trying to do her and stay drama free from everyone. But you know that the drama has a way of crash landing in front of her. Dealing with Esmeralda, Misty, her frinds and family can never be drama free.
Autumn Jeanine
May 03, 2011 Autumn Jeanine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lady J is about how Jayd broke up with her boyfriend jeremey and found

out that Drama is never going to leave her life. I would rate this

book a five because it talks about how Drama is always going to be

there in a person life.
Brittney Haynes
Apr 17, 2009 Brittney Haynes rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book it really caught my attention and it has a topic of drama which is what I love to read about.
Laica
Dec 17, 2009 Laica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this book is the best
Denairea
i want to read it please
Destinee
Mar 11, 2016 Destinee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book
Mimi Matthew
Jan 13, 2017 Mimi Matthew is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
It was a good book I think if you like Drama then this book is for you.
Ashley Brooks
Mar 10, 2009 Ashley Brooks rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this book actually have alot of drama in it and i loooooooove this book alot i think jayd shouldn't pay missy no mind because she just hatein on others girl who be hangin with kj
Imani.t
Nov 15, 2011 Imani.t rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You really have to read. DRAMA HIGH BECAUSE IT'S A GOOD BOOK U WOULD LOVE THIS BOOK!!!!
Keida B
ohhhh MMMMMMMM GGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEE
Olivia Owens
Oct 13, 2010 Olivia Owens rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this is continuing the series once you start its like a bag of lays chips you can't read just one.
Shaquanna
Sep 25, 2010 Shaquanna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was Super!
Lady J 5 8 Sep 24, 2014 02:44PM
Lady J 1 3 Sep 26, 2011 06:06PM
Lady J 1 4 Sep 20, 2011 06:42PM
  • Fast Forward (Kenisha Lewis, #2)
  • The Pledge
  • If I Were Your Boyfriend (Keysha, #2)
  • Fast Life
  • Indigo Summer (Indigo Summer #1)
  • Gettin' Hooked
  • A Girl Like Me(Shortie Like Mine #3)
  • Candy Girl
  • Chasing Romeo (BFF Novel #1)
  • Hotlanta (Hotlanta, #1)
  • 16 on the Block
  • Hallway Diaries: How to Be Down/Double ACT/The Summer She Learned to Dance
  • Hot Girl
  • Dirty Jersey
191066
L. Divine is a young female author of the young adult fiction series Drama High. L. Divine is also a priestess who is originally from California, has lived in Jamaica and currently resides with her children in Atlanta. She also holds advanced degrees in African American studies from UCLA.
More about L. Divine...

Drama High (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • The Fight (Drama High, #1)
  • Second Chance (Drama High, #2)
  • Jayd's Legacy (Drama High, #3)
  • Frenemies (Drama High, #4)
  • Courtin' Jayd (Drama High,  #6)
  • Hustlin' (Drama High, #7)
  • Keep It Movin' (Drama High, #8)
  • Holidaze (Drama High, #9)
  • Culture Clash (Drama High, #10)
  • Cold as Ice (Drama High, #11)