The Handmaiden's Necklace

The Handmaiden's Necklace (Necklace Trilogy #3)

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  954 ratings  ·  45 reviews
Five years ago, Rafael, Duke of Sheffield, believed he was betrayed by the woman he loved and the pain haunts him still. When Rafe discovers that he was cruelly tricked and that Danielle Duval was never unfaithful, he's desperate to win her back. But Dani is already on a steamer bound for America to marry another man. Impulsively, Rafe follows her and, trapping her in a co...more
Published October 26th 2010 by Mira (first published 2006)

Chelsea Tahimic
Made me cry..very heart warming :)
Heather
i'm not a huge fan of martin's but since ive read the other 2 books in the series, i wanted to continue on.
i didn't like the preview to this book in the devil's necklace. and i pictured Danielle as a conniving harlot. so it was weird to have her actually be so different. i love when someone thinks they've been betrayed and they really haven't, though. so i was interested in reading this.
i really didn't like how they portrayed Rafael's fiancé in the preview. They’re making shy people out to be st...more
Deborah Vespo
The final book in the Bride's Necklace trilogy. In the first two books we become acquainted with the Duke of Sheffield, Rafael. We know he is determined to never love another woman again because we know that he was deeply hurt by a woman with whom he had fallen hard. This is his and Danielle Duval's story. Rafael quickly discovers in this book that Danielle was never unfaithful to him. That it was his conniving friend who was determined to ruin his happiness and tricked him into believing that h...more
Destiny
I greatly enjoyed this book. I had been wanting to read it for awhile, so I bought it one day on the Harlequin site along with a slew of other ebooks. It was few months before I actually read it though.

The premise is an interesting one. Rafe believes that his betrothed betrayed and he leaves her for five long years. When they meet again it's a function and they still have that undeniable attraction between them.

Unfortunately Dani has become engaged to an American business and she travels with he...more
Joanne
Love Kat's books!! She always has a lot going on in her books, page turners.

There are 3 bks to this Necklace story, but I missed one, which I will buy very soon.

Rafael, Duke of Sheffield, felt he was betrayed 5 yrs ago by a woman he loved with all of his heart . But Rafe finds out he was tricked into believing that Daniell Duval was unfaithful to him, but is it too late for him. She's now sailing on a ship to America to marry a wealthy American. Rafe sets out to find her and pressures her into...more
Gloria75
L'ultimo capitolo della trilogia, anche qui c'è la collana di perle e diamanti che appare e scompare, ricompare, chi l'acquista e chi la regala...
I protagonisti si sono amati, poi hanno interroto i rapporti perchè lui non le ha creduto quando lei si proclamava innocente, l'ha pensata una traditrice e hanno passato cinque anni d'inferno... si rincontrano, lui rinsavisce e dopo varie traversie torna il sereno...
Certo l'inizio non è troppo credibile, lui si impunta per cinque anni poi una frase di...more
♥ Miss Jennifer ♥
Ok this one was definately my favorite of the trilogy. It's about Rafe and Dani. Five years ago Rafe believed Dani betrayed him with one of his friends. Well he sees her again and she still proclaims her innocence in the ordeal. Well now Rafe decides to investigate the matter. Nonetheless, Rafe finds out that he had indeed been duped by Oliver(the supposed friend). He now wants to make things right with Dani but she is already on a ship headed to America to marry another man. Well Rafe follows D...more
Melissa
I enjoyed all three books in this series but was not head over heels for Rafe. Danielle finds herself married to Rafe after living in seclusion for five years following a scandal. Danielle was originally engaged to Rafe and she finds herself in a compromising situation with another man. She is innocent but Rafe doesn't believe her and he breaks the engagement. Five years later he finds out the truth of the situation and tries to rectify it but Danielle is engaged to another man. Rafe looks into...more
Carrie Olguin
This is the third book in the series but the second one that I've read. I enjoyed the first book. With this book, I never emotionally connected with the H or h. Near the end , the story became far to melodramatic for my taste.

There's plenty of story and a mystery to be solved and a secondary romance which could have been written as an independant story (and might have been more interesting if the action was on screen instead of reported second hand by investigators).

Then there is the part of the...more
Katie Blackman
This was a good one. It is different then most of the historical romances out there. I loved Dani's character as well as Caroline. Didn't much care for Aunt Flora or Rafe or Rafe's mother. I had to warm up to Rafe because I haven't read the first two books in this series and when you start this book Rafe is still upset with a scandal that happened five years ago an d I had a feeling right off the bat he was wrongfully accusing Dani. But I loved Dani though I wished she was more outgoing in her a...more
Jessica Alcazar
Fantastic end to a great series! The writing in this book flowed MUCH better than the second, but I hate to say that Cord and Victoria's story was by far my favorite of all three. With Rafe coming second and Ethan coming third.
Kat's writing style is very easy going for me therefor allows me to just get into the characters and stories and not get all bogged down. After all, this is a just a funny, fictional romance novel, not The Great Gatsby and should be read as such. Ive seen too many reviews...more
CriCra CriCra
Terzo capitolo e finale di questa splendida trilogia, che questa volta vede come protagonista il Duca di Sheffield, Rafael Saunders e la bellissima Danielle. Una storia travagliata la loro, ricca di avvenimenti drammatici che hanno reso le loro vite distanti, fino al momento in cui, tutta la verità viene a galla.

Bello, movimentato e appassionante, anche se forse nel finale non c'era bisogno di aggiungere la tanto agognata maternità miracolata, rendendo a parere mio, la storia un pò inverosimile...more
Chanse Lowell
This was my favorite of this series. Loved, loved, loved Rafe! Such a wonderful alpha male and loved their background story and the heat everytime they came together.

I'd probably give it 4.5 stars, but I rounded it down to 4 since 5 seemed a little too much since this isn't really one I'll read again, but I really enjoyed it and tore through it quickly. It has some of the same elements as the previous 2 books, which kind of gets old after a while; gives it a formulaic feel, but it was still a re...more
Meaghan
enjoyed the story and the characters.
Maria
Although I still have issues with the author's inability to re-create the times she is writing about, this book was by far the best of the three in this trilogy, so I give it four stars. There was no choppiness in the writing as there was in the second book of the trilogy and the story flowed smoothly to its conclusion, predictable as it was but then I love a happy ending and expected it.
JoAnn
Ann
Jazmyne Parks
I totally saw the end coming! (view spoiler) But what I didn't see coming was (view spoiler) All in all, a great book and I can't wait to read the first two books in the series!
Amanda
I think of the three books in the trilogy this was my favorite. The main female character, Dani, has a lot on her plate and her mind and part of her story line really hit home for me. The last couple of pages actually made me tear up a little. The Necklace Trilogy is wonderful, fun, and the perfect historical romance for a rainy fall weekend.
Jane Stewart
Boring story and unlikeable heroine. Too predictable. No interesting character development.

I was so bored that I skimmed much of the book. I hated the heroine's actions and lies. I was not drawn to the hero. This was my first Kat Martin book and will probably be my last. Sexual content: moderate.
Krista
This was a good book of the trilogy. The couple do things that are usually reserved for after marriage and the way the Martin writes this particular book one cannot help but feel their heart go out to the heroin. Especially in the incident that happens...oh I almost gave important details up.
Sherry
Kat Martin tried to give credible reasons for the angst in her stories. But, in this one, the duke is supposed to be so smart that it wasn't credible that he not investigate the incident until 5 years later. Other thm that, it was a fun, enjoyable read and you won't guess "who done it".
Michelle Nelson
As much as Kat Martin is one of my very all time favorite authors. The Necklace trilogy I must admit isn't one of my favorites. Don't know why. It just didn't 'hit' me like her other books have.
While still an enjoyable read, not my favorite.
Sharon Sherman
The handmaiden's Necklace is a story of love, loss, redemption, and a necklace with special powers. You'll want to read it again and again. I do.
Sara Horton
this was #3 of kat martins necklace triology. absolutely amazing story of life or death, good or bad. and above all pure luck and love!
Lisa
I didn't care much for the writing...it didn't get me to the plot fast enough, nor did it invest me in the characters from the beginning.
Chantal
Awesome story! Loved it and I recommend this book and the trilogy Bride's Necklace and the Devil's Necklace to everyone.
ReadingWench
A great book with a few storylines, one of which travels through out the series.

This is the 3rd in the Necklace Trilogy.
Ellenbaker1cox.net
I hated to see it end; really enjoyed all three books in this series. Wish there were more. Very good.
  • An Invitation to Seduction (Daughters of Fortune, #4)
  • Seduction Wears Sapphires (Jaded Gentleman, #2)
  • Highland Captive (Sisters by Choice, #1)
  • One Moonlit Night
  • After the Abduction (Swanlea Spinsters, #3)
  • Rules of Attraction (Governess Brides, #3)
  • Late for the Wedding (Lake/March, # 3)
  • By Grace Possessed (The Three Graces, #2)
  • Mistress of Pleasure (School of Gallantry #1)
  • In Pursuit of Miss Eliza Cynster (The Cynster Sisters Trilogy #2)
  • The Secret Duke (Malloren, #10)
  • Secrets of a Proper Lady (Last Man Standing, #3)
  • Winterset (The Mad Morelands, #3)
  • The Love Affair of an English Lord (Boscastle, #2)
  • Stolen Kisses
  • After Dark with a Scoundrel (Lords of Vice, #3)
Kathleen Kelly Martin (aka Kathy Lawrence, Kasey Mars)

Kathleen Kelly was born on 14 July 1947 in the Central Valley of California, USA. She obtained a degree in Anthropology and History from the University of California in Santa Barbara. She was a real estate broker, when she met her future husband, Larry Jay Martin. A short time after the two became acquainted, Larry asked her to read an unpublis...more
More about Kat Martin...
Against the Wind (The Raines of Wind Canyon, #1) Against the Law (The Raines of Wind Canyon, #3) Against the Fire (The Raines of Wind Canyon, #2) The Bride's Necklace (Necklace Trilogy #1) Against the Storm (The Raines of Wind Canyon, #4)