Start by marking “The Handmaiden's Necklace” as Want to Read:
The Handmaiden's Necklace

The Handmaiden's Necklace (Necklace Trilogy #3)

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  1,186 ratings  ·  54 reviews
Five years ago, Rafael, Duke of Sheffield, believed he was betrayed by the woman he loved and the pain haunts him still. When Rafe discovers that he was cruelly tricked and that Danielle Duval was never unfaithful, he's desperate to win her back. But Dani is already on a steamer bound for America to marry another man. Impulsively, Rafe follows her and, trapping her in a co ...more
Published October 26th 2010 by Mira (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Handmaiden's Necklace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Handmaiden's Necklace

Chelsea Tahimic
Made me cry..very heart warming :)
Destiny
I greatly enjoyed this book. I had been wanting to read it for awhile, so I bought it one day on the Harlequin site along with a slew of other ebooks. It was few months before I actually read it though.

The premise is an interesting one. Rafe believes that his betrothed betrayed and he leaves her for five long years. When they meet again it's a function and they still have that undeniable attraction between them.

Unfortunately Dani has become engaged to an American business and she travels with he
Joanne
Love Kat's books!! She always has a lot going on in her books, page turners.

There are 3 bks to this Necklace story, but I missed one, which I will buy very soon.

Rafael, Duke of Sheffield, felt he was betrayed 5 yrs ago by a woman he loved with all of his heart . But Rafe finds out he was tricked into believing that Daniell Duval was unfaithful to him, but is it too late for him. She's now sailing on a ship to America to marry a wealthy American. Rafe sets out to find her and pressures her into
Elis Madison
The necklace now passes to Rafe, Duke of Sheffield, the jaded friend of the gents in the previous books in the series. We learn that he's jaded because, years ago, he loved a woman and planned to marry her, but then one night he found her in bed with a friend of his. Now he's going to marry a nice, biddable, beddable girl he can't possibly care too deeply for.

And wouldn't you know it? That's when Danielle, his former fiance, who was pretty much exorcised from society after The Scandal, decides
Linda
This was a very good book and deserves more than 5 stars. It is the enchanting love story of Danielle Duval and Rafael, the Duke of Sheffield. Due to vicious rumors set in place by a man spurned by Danielle, the engagement between her and Rafael was ended and she left London. Five years later, she is back and Rafael still loves her even though he doesn’t admit it. He goes to her but learns that she has left for America to marry another man. He can’t let her go so goes after her. They marry in Am ...more
Heather
i'm not a huge fan of martin's but since ive read the other 2 books in the series, i wanted to continue on.
i didn't like the preview to this book in the devil's necklace. and i pictured Danielle as a conniving harlot. so it was weird to have her actually be so different. i love when someone thinks they've been betrayed and they really haven't, though. so i was interested in reading this.
i really didn't like how they portrayed Rafael's fiancé in the preview. They’re making shy people out to be st
Deborah Vespo
The final book in the Bride's Necklace trilogy. In the first two books we become acquainted with the Duke of Sheffield, Rafael. We know he is determined to never love another woman again because we know that he was deeply hurt by a woman with whom he had fallen hard. This is his and Danielle Duval's story. Rafael quickly discovers in this book that Danielle was never unfaithful to him. That it was his conniving friend who was determined to ruin his happiness and tricked him into believing that h ...more
Shirley kendall
Heartwarming story

This book is easily a 5 rating for a deep emotional impact. The character of Rafe was adequately described in the first two books so that made a feeling of personal attachment as the book began. I have to say I quickly determined the ending but I do not think it would have been good to have had a different ending. Loved the against books and certainly would recommend this trilogy.
Gloria75
L'ultimo capitolo della trilogia, anche qui c'è la collana di perle e diamanti che appare e scompare, ricompare, chi l'acquista e chi la regala...
I protagonisti si sono amati, poi hanno interroto i rapporti perchè lui non le ha creduto quando lei si proclamava innocente, l'ha pensata una traditrice e hanno passato cinque anni d'inferno... si rincontrano, lui rinsavisce e dopo varie traversie torna il sereno...
Certo l'inizio non è troppo credibile, lui si impunta per cinque anni poi una frase di
♥ Miss Jennifer ♥
Ok this one was definately my favorite of the trilogy. It's about Rafe and Dani. Five years ago Rafe believed Dani betrayed him with one of his friends. Well he sees her again and she still proclaims her innocence in the ordeal. Well now Rafe decides to investigate the matter. Nonetheless, Rafe finds out that he had indeed been duped by Oliver(the supposed friend). He now wants to make things right with Dani but she is already on a ship headed to America to marry another man. Well Rafe follows D ...more
Melissa
I enjoyed all three books in this series but was not head over heels for Rafe. Danielle finds herself married to Rafe after living in seclusion for five years following a scandal. Danielle was originally engaged to Rafe and she finds herself in a compromising situation with another man. She is innocent but Rafe doesn't believe her and he breaks the engagement. Five years later he finds out the truth of the situation and tries to rectify it but Danielle is engaged to another man. Rafe looks into ...more
Carrie Olguin
This is the third book in the series but the second one that I've read. I enjoyed the first book. With this book, I never emotionally connected with the H or h. Near the end , the story became far to melodramatic for my taste.

There's plenty of story and a mystery to be solved and a secondary romance which could have been written as an independant story (and might have been more interesting if the action was on screen instead of reported second hand by investigators).

Then there is the part of the
Katie Blackman
This was a good one. It is different then most of the historical romances out there. I loved Dani's character as well as Caroline. Didn't much care for Aunt Flora or Rafe or Rafe's mother. I had to warm up to Rafe because I haven't read the first two books in this series and when you start this book Rafe is still upset with a scandal that happened five years ago an d I had a feeling right off the bat he was wrongfully accusing Dani. But I loved Dani though I wished she was more outgoing in her a ...more
Jessica Alcazar
Fantastic end to a great series! The writing in this book flowed MUCH better than the second, but I hate to say that Cord and Victoria's story was by far my favorite of all three. With Rafe coming second and Ethan coming third.
Kat's writing style is very easy going for me therefor allows me to just get into the characters and stories and not get all bogged down. After all, this is a just a funny, fictional romance novel, not The Great Gatsby and should be read as such. Ive seen too many reviews
Francette
Just never really cared about these characters or their story.
Michele Glenewinkel
Absolutely love this series. I've read it numerous times!
CriCra CriCra
Terzo capitolo e finale di questa splendida trilogia, che questa volta vede come protagonista il Duca di Sheffield, Rafael Saunders e la bellissima Danielle. Una storia travagliata la loro, ricca di avvenimenti drammatici che hanno reso le loro vite distanti, fino al momento in cui, tutta la verità viene a galla.

Bello, movimentato e appassionante, anche se forse nel finale non c'era bisogno di aggiungere la tanto agognata maternità miracolata, rendendo a parere mio, la storia un pò inverosimile
Stacey
Some farfetched elements but I really liked it nonetheless!
Who doesn't love a redemption story?
Chanse Lowell
This was my favorite of this series. Loved, loved, loved Rafe! Such a wonderful alpha male and loved their background story and the heat everytime they came together.

I'd probably give it 4.5 stars, but I rounded it down to 4 since 5 seemed a little too much since this isn't really one I'll read again, but I really enjoyed it and tore through it quickly. It has some of the same elements as the previous 2 books, which kind of gets old after a while; gives it a formulaic feel, but it was still a re
Meaghan
enjoyed the story and the characters.
Maria
Although I still have issues with the author's inability to re-create the times she is writing about, this book was by far the best of the three in this trilogy, so I give it four stars. There was no choppiness in the writing as there was in the second book of the trilogy and the story flowed smoothly to its conclusion, predictable as it was but then I love a happy ending and expected it.
Cat
too many story lines
JoAnn
Ann
Jazmyne Parks
I totally saw the end coming! (view spoiler) But what I didn't see coming was (view spoiler) All in all, a great book and I can't wait to read the first two books in the series!
Amanda
I think of the three books in the trilogy this was my favorite. The main female character, Dani, has a lot on her plate and her mind and part of her story line really hit home for me. The last couple of pages actually made me tear up a little. The Necklace Trilogy is wonderful, fun, and the perfect historical romance for a rainy fall weekend.
Jane Stewart
Boring story and unlikeable heroine. Too predictable. No interesting character development.

I was so bored that I skimmed much of the book. I hated the heroine's actions and lies. I was not drawn to the hero. This was my first Kat Martin book and will probably be my last. Sexual content: moderate.
Krista
This was a good book of the trilogy. The couple do things that are usually reserved for after marriage and the way the Martin writes this particular book one cannot help but feel their heart go out to the heroin. Especially in the incident that happens...oh I almost gave important details up.
Sherry
Kat Martin tried to give credible reasons for the angst in her stories. But, in this one, the duke is supposed to be so smart that it wasn't credible that he not investigate the incident until 5 years later. Other thm that, it was a fun, enjoyable read and you won't guess "who done it".
  • Highland Promise (Sisters by Choice, #2)
  • I Loved a Rogue (The Prince Catchers, #3)
  • Lord of Seduction (Paradise, #2)
  • In Pursuit of Eliza Cynster (The Cynster Sisters Trilogy, #2)
  • Dancing on the Wind (Fallen Angels, #2)
  • The Masquerade
  • Rushed to the Altar (Blackwater Brides #1)
  • By Grace Possessed (The Three Graces, #2)
  • Reluctant (The MacKays #3)
  • Border Storm (Border Trilogy I, #3)
  • An Invitation to Seduction (Daughters of Fortune, #4)
  • Temptation  & Twilight (The Brethren Guardians, #3)
  • The Taming of the Rake (Blackthorn Brothers, #1)
  • The Perils of Pursuing a Prince (Desperate Debutantes, #2)
  • Provocative in Pearls (The Rarest Blooms #2)
  • A Gentleman Always Remembers (Willowmere, #2)
  • Wed Him Before You Bed Him (School For Heiresses, Book 6)
  • His Wicked Promise (McKay, #2)
Kathleen Kelly Martin (aka Kathy Lawrence, Kasey Mars)

Kathleen Kelly was born on 14 July 1947 in the Central Valley of California, USA. She obtained a degree in Anthropology and also studied History at the University of California in Santa Barbara. She was a real estate broker, when she met her future husband, Larry Jay Martin. A short time after the two became acquainted, Larry asked her to read
More about Kat Martin...

Necklace Trilogy (3 books)
  • The Bride's Necklace (Necklace Trilogy #1)
  • The Devil's Necklace (Necklace Trilogy #2)
Against the Wind (The Raines of Wind Canyon, #1) Against the Law (The Raines of Wind Canyon, #3) Against the Storm (The Raines of Wind Canyon, #4) The Bride's Necklace (Necklace Trilogy #1) Against the Fire (The Raines of Wind Canyon, #2)