Start by marking “Wild Man Creek (Virgin River, #14)” as Want to Read:
Wild Man Creek (Virgin River, #14)

Wild Man Creek (Virgin River #14)

4.32 of 5 stars 4.32  ·  rating details  ·  6,429 ratings  ·  299 reviews

Mass Market Paperback, 361 pages
Published January 25th 2011 by Mira (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Wild Man Creek, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wild Man Creek

A Lot like Love by Julie JamesEleven Scandals to Start to Win a Duke's Heart by Sarah MacLeanThe Perfect Play by Jaci BurtonCall Me Irresistible by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsJust Like Heaven by Julia Quinn
2011 Romance
62nd out of 385 books — 815 voters
City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra ClareForever by Maggie StiefvaterClockwork Prince by Cassandra ClareSilence by Becca FitzpatrickDead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris
Can't Wait Books For 2011
299th out of 1,237 books — 6,943 voters

More lists with this book...

Auntee
Superb! Made me bawl like a baby at the end.:) I got an ARC of this one from NetGalley, and I plowed through it in one day (haven't done that with a book in a looong time). After reading Promise Canyon and adoring it, I doubted that Robyn Carr could top it--or at least equal it. But she did! This one is in the top three of my favorites of the series (the others being Virgin River and Temptation Ridge). There's just something about those Riordan men...

This is Army Black Hawk helicopter pilot "Wi
KarenH
Might as well shoot me because I'm going to say it again...this is my favorite book in the series. I really mean it this time! LOL It might have taken Robyn Carr 12 books to get everything just right, but she succeeded in doing so with Wild Man Creek.

This is my favorite because:

1. The heroine, Jillian Matlock, is NOT a bitch! She gets totally screwed around by her boyfriend and is forced to take a leave of absence from her job...a software manufacturing business that she helped build from the g
K.
May 22, 2011 K. rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to K. by: KarenH
4-1/2* - A LOT of really good "emotion" came across in this book in the series. Plus, the heroine, Jillian, was just the kind of strong woman I love and relate to. She didn't feel the need to stifle her emotions about Colin, and in fact, indulged them in a healthy way in private moments. They didn't come off as self-pitying. Rather than a lot of heroines who probably would have just taken their emotions out on him to get their way. There's a big difference there: The former I define as a healthy ...more
Kathrynn
Oh my! Colin and Jillian have made it to my new list...."favorite couples." Another hit in the Virgin River series....

Colin's story started in an earlier book. Here we saw him post helicopter accident and drug addiction (he got hooked on his pain medicine for a short time).

What a hunk of burnin' love! Be still my heart, this was one smokin' hot read. The tension was good, but when these two came together it was fireworks.

What happened to Jillian (she was introduced in book 11) was awful, but s
KatLynne
Apr 07, 2011 KatLynne rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Those who love small town life books with a hot military hero
Another great hit in one of my favorite series. I loved this book and to date my favorites in this series are the ones with the Riordan brothers.

This 12th book tells the story of Colin Riordan & Jillian Matlock. And what a hot story! The mystery behind young Denny Culter's visit is solved. There is a wedding and as usual we get to catch up on past characters and see what is happening in their lives.

Ms. Carr is a very talented writer and I love this series. Each time I read a VR book, I just
Season
This one may be my new favorite in the series. I just loved Colin & Jillian. They worked so well together and with all the other stuff going on in town, etc., everything worked perfectly in this book. I think Colin might be my new favorite brother. Luke is still pretty great though!! Such a tough choice.
MountainKat
*Really 4.5 Stars*

I like this series, while reading this book didn't have any of the issues I so often have with some of them. I never felt like the couple of the story, Colin and Jillian, were pushed to the back burner. There was still plenty from the rest of the community and a couple of secondary stories along with an introduction to the cast for the following book, but the romance was always front and center.

Jillian and Colin were a sweet couple, it was nice to see them fall in love. I loved
jenjn79
I always enjoy Virgin River books on one level or another, but I really LOVED this book. It hit on all cylinders for me.

Series Note:
12th+ book in the Virgin River series. You probably don't need to read the whole series to read this one, but I would at least suggest reading the previous book, Promise Canyon, first.

Summary:
Jillian Matlock has everything going for her in her life. Then an ill-advised affair with a weasel coworker leaves her without a job and totally disillusioned. She decides to t
Darcy
There is just something about this book that just sucked me in from the first page, the reason was Jilly and Colin.

When we first meet Jillian I was blindsided just like she was. I couldn't believe how angry I was for her. If it were possible to reach into the page and throttle someone I would have done this. While Jillian did have someone in her corner, it just wasn't enough and when she needed a break, I just knew Virgin River would be in her sights, just the place she would be able to go, reco
Lisa
In the twelfth book of the fabulous Virgin River series, the second of three for 2011, we are treated to the story of Colin Riordan and Jillian Matlock. Colin has winded his way to Virgin River to help recooperate after a bad helicopter crash that left him in alot of pain and unfortunately, addicted to pain killers. Thankfully, the addiction was short lived as his brothers noticed and stepped in to stop him....but he still got arrested from buying the drugs illegally. Through his therapy, Colin ...more
Ally
Jan 25, 2011 Ally rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2011, ebook
Colin Riordan came to Virgin River to recuperate from a horrific helicopter crash, the scars of which he bears inside and out. His family is wonderfully supportive, but it's his art that truly soothes his troubled soul.Stung personally and professionally by an ill-advised affair, PR guru Jillian Matlock has rented an old Victorian with a promising garden in Virgin River. She's looking forward to cultivating something other than a corporate brand.
Both are looking to simplify, not complicate, thei
Mollie
Wild Man Creek is easily one of my favorite installments of Virgin River series. That's saying a lot, considering there are thirteen books (including novellas)!

We met our heroine, Jillian, in Promise Canyon she, along with her sister Kelly and two of her best friends, happened to stop in Virgin River on their way back from their week long girls vacation. Jillian fell in love with a huge Victorian House that reminded her of her Nana and felt like home. Months later, after Jillian has been betray
Splage
Virgin River still going strong, Wild Man Creek did not disappoint. Virgin River is my favorite series, I recommend it to everyone and now half my neighborhood is reading it. Even though it just rolls along, nothing too crazy, it captures me every time. I found myself just opening Wild Man Creek and in no time I was half way through it, it was that smooth. Colin and Jillian's story was sweet and mature, no major conflicts, but not boring. My only conflicting thought was that Colin in WMC was not ...more
Keri
This was just a good romance to me. I love the series though and know that these are going to be hit or miss for me. I did enjoy seeing some of our old couples and think that Carr did a better job than normal of keeping the primary romance front and center. I liked Colin and Jillian as a couple and thought they were a good match. Thought at times that Jillian was a flake with her ideas and had a hard time reconciling that image with her corporate one. But maybe that was the point. I do look forw ...more
Mollie *scoutrmom*
Jan 26, 2011 Mollie *scoutrmom* rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: fans of contemporary romance
I feel Robyn Carr has another winner here; I admire her ability to keep a long series fresh. (This is Virgin River #12.) Even though Colin, another one of the Riordan boys is involved here (I've lost count, I think this is the third book to feature one of the five brothers as the hero) there is absolutely no feeling of 'soap opera'. The love scenes are a little hotter than in some of the previous books. If the author is this good now, I think it is possible that as her skills grow and develop, s ...more
Tasha
Robyn Carr adds another wonderful addition to her Virgin River series! From page one I could tell Jillian was a strong, likable, and relatable lead female for any and every woman.

Jillian takes a leave of absence from her job and heads to Virgin River for some much need relaxation. Colin too has headed to Virgin River to recoup after a stint in rehab. The two seem an unlikely match from the start, but each finds a sort of kinship and attraction with the other. They are both starting over and tryi
Quinn

My experience with Robyn Carr's Virgin River series has had its hits and misses (thankfully there have been more of the former), but Wild Man Creek is a gem that makes the journey worthwhile.

There's always plenty going on with the characters in Virgin River - sometimes a little too much - but Carr gets the balance right here. I was completely interested in all of the storylines, and the H/h of this novel got to keep the reader's focus with some clever connections.

I loved Colin and Jilly
Janga
Those wild Irish Riordan brothers have added a lot of testosterone laden charm to Virgin River. First we had Luke Riordan who did his best to save Shelby MacIntyre from his worthless self (Temptation Ridge), Then, Sean Riordan gave Virgin River fans a reunion story and a secret baby story when he was given a second chance at love with Franci Duncan (Angel’s Peak). Erin Foley , overachieving lawyer and mother hen to her two younger siblings, captures the heart of Dr. Aidan Riordan, my favorite of ...more
Tasha
Note 4 stars, not something that happens for me too often. A 3 for me is a solid read, enjoyable, hits all the right spots. A 4 however, not only hits the right spots but then stays to cuddle and leaves you feeling all warm and fuzzy in the morning.

I was really warm and fuzzy after reading this. I really like Jillian and although I wanted to kick Colin, I tried to hand it to him by thinking... he was upfront, honest and all that crap that you should find comendable. However, after reading about
Marcia Berg Haskell
"Colin Riordan came to Virgin River to recuperate from a horrific helicopter crash, the scars of which he bears inside and out. His family is wonderfully supportive, but it's his art that truly soothes his troubled soul.

Both are looking to simplify, not complicate, the
Samantha
Jillian Matlock has big troubles. Her whole world is shook up when a colleague of hers accuses her of sexual harassment. She is appalled and simply outraged. To make matters worst, she was dating the guy and he had enough documentation to make such an allegation. Her boss forces the workaholic on a little relaxation time while the matter is sorted out but Jillian is not the relaxing type.

As she wonders what her next move will be, she lands in Virgin River, a place that she recently visited with
Emma
Definitely the sexier Virgin River book I've read both in terms of sex scenes and sex talk (and I've read them all). I was a bit surprised I admit, like it didn't quite fit in the "virgin river" atmosphere. But in the end it was ok.

What bothered me mostly was how Robyn Carr took me away from Colin and Jillian to deal with Denny and Jack and Rick and the whole county when what I wanted was more of the ongoing romance.
I know it's part of the charm of the book but I wish those scenes with extra c
StellaR
***4,5 STARS***

Didn't realize I passed book #13 until I was about half through, I was that impatient to get my hands on Colin *ehm* Not that I love him much, he's selfish and not mature enough for a 40-year-old man in my opinion. Having said that, love the story, love Jillian.

One thing bugged me was the dialogue here could be long, very descriptive at times. Hence the 4,5 stars.
ReaderOz
This is definitely one of Robyn Carr’s best. Colin and Jillian are the most engrossing couple she has written, with their struggles believable and their romance the hottest yet.

I’m liking this new format for the books, where the main characters get almost all the page time. In the last couple of years the books had become swamped with too many side stories and too much time revisiting past characters. Though Jack gets his usual feature, it was such a relief to have a Virgin River book free of na
Allison Sapkota
this is by far my favorite book from the virgin river series partly because it was a plain simple love story with much less drama than the others but mostly because it has made me ponder upon the simplest things in life. Probably the first romance book to make me cry. I'm actually looking forward to reading the next book from this series. Awesome job by Robyn Carr ! Loved it.
Courtney
I really liked this one! The last couple in the Virgin River series were good, but this one is the best one I've read in awhile. Can't wait to hear more about Jilly's farm and for Denny to get his own book. I think Kelly's story is next though. So glad my friend Heidi suggested I read these!
Jackie
Loved it!!! I have read the 12 previous books in the series and enjoyed each and every one of them - but this one was awesome. Loved Colin and Jilly!!! Oh and did I mention that I cried at the end ....... thank you Robyn Carr for such a great book!!!
Julianna
Aug 08, 2014 Julianna rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of Small-Town Romance
Reviewed for THC Reviews
For some reason, I haven't been quite as impressed with the Robyn Carr books I've been reading this year, as I was with many of the earlier Virgin River books. Maybe it's because between the Virgin River series and the Thunder Point series, I've been reading so many of her books in quick succession that I'm seeing more of the flaws in her writing style and the repetition in her storytelling. As for the flaws, I've known this for a long time in a broad sense, but just now
It almost appears that a theme is being repeated in the latest installment in the Virgin River series—a characters with disposable income and time on their hands end up finding themselves in town and falling for someone. But, this book doesn’t feel like a “repeat” since the characters are different and their paths to finding themselves (and finding themselves together) don’t take the typical turns. Jill’s probably one of my favorite female leads in this series because she is so focused and nonju ...more
Western and Medie...: Wild Man Creek (Virgin River #14), by Robyn Carr 11 6 Dec 05, 2014 07:21PM
  • That Holiday Feeling (Includes: Virgin River, #8 & Those Manning Men, #5)
  • Only Yours (Fool's Gold, #5)
  • Whisper Falls (Destiny, #3)
  • Moonlight Cove (Chesapeake Shores, #6)
  • Hummingbird Lake (Eternity Springs, #2)
  • Marrying Daisy Bellamy (Lakeshore Chronicles #8)
  • Almost Home (Chesapeake Diaries #3)
  • The Comforts of Home (Harmony, #3)
  • Here to Stay
A RITA award-winning author of 25 novels, Robyn Carr has found a whole new following with her stories about the independent women and former marines of Virgin River."

RT's Career Achievement Best Author Award winner (2010) for Contemporary Romance.
More about Robyn Carr...
Virgin River (Virgin River, #1) Shelter Mountain (Virgin River, #2) Whispering Rock (Virgin River, #3) Temptation Ridge (Virgin River, #6) A Virgin River Christmas (Virgin River, #4)

“Did you miss me?’
“A little bit,” she said with a shrug.
“You have tears running down your cheeks,” he said with a grin. “I think you missed me more than a little.”
67 likes
“Maybe we’ll admit this thing we have is perfect, not worth messing around with. And stay together forever. If you’re interested, that is.”
She glanced away. “I could think about that.”
He buried his face in her neck. “Think fast”
28 likes