Start by marking “Green-Eyed Demon (Sabina Kane, #3)” as Want to Read:
Green-Eyed Demon (Sabina Kane, #3)

Green-Eyed Demon (Sabina Kane #3)

4.01  ·  Rating Details ·  8,665 Ratings  ·  434 Reviews
Things to do:

1. Rescue sister.
2. Murder grandmother.
3. Don't upset the voodoo priestess.

The clock is ticking for Sabina Kane. Her sister has been kidnapped by her grandmother, the Dark Races are on the brink of war, and a mysterious order is manipulating everyone behind the scenes.

Working on information provided by an unlikely ally, Sabina and her trusty sidekicks--a sexy
Published March 1st 2011 by Orbit (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Green-Eyed Demon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Green-Eyed Demon

*** 3.35 ***

A buddy read with my MacHalo Freaks family!!!

This was the third installment in the Sabina Series and our half Vamp half Mage chick is on the hunt for her grandmother Queen bitch, who has captured and tortured her twin sister M. Things seem quite hopeless and Sabina, along with her potential love interest Adam the mage, her minion the Demon Cat Gighul, a gender bending Fae, a human Voodoo priestess and an old lady mage, all have to find a way to free Mazy, kill the old Queen bitch, a
Sh3lly ✨ Bring on the Weird ✨
I guess I'll attempt to rewrite this review now that I've had some sleep and gotten over my rage at losing the whole thing last night. I'll try to keep it short. Sabina goes to Louisiana to try and rescue her sister, Maisie, and finally end her evil Grandmother, who also happens to be Queen of the vampires.

I liked the change of setting. Louisiana was fun. We got to meet some new cool supporting characters. One thing I have to say for the author, she writes very diverse characters. We've got a l
The stakes have never been higher for Sabina, not only is her grandmother trying to start a war amongst all the Dark Races that could destroy half the world's population but she has also taken Sabina's twin sister as a hostage. Having seen first hand exactly what Lavinia is capable of Sabina knows that she has a limited time to save Maisie's life, she may have only just met her twin but Sabina wants the chance to get to know her properly and she will do whatever it takes to rescue her.

While I en
4.5 This is what happened to me during this book

I can't believe how much the main character changed in this book! The first ones didn't deserve 5 stars because she didn't really seem like the smart hero type. Guess what?! She is now!

As the previous books, this was really fast paced and damn hard to put down. And I really liked the new characters, even the bad ones were so good at being bad that they were good (if that makes any sense...). And I'm so glad I got to see more of Adam in this book. H
Suzanne the Bookaholic and Proud
this book was AWESOME with a capital A

this book is the 3rd installment of the Sabina Kane series, and after reading the first 2, this is what it was all building up for, and let me tell you, you would not be disappointed at all,
I just love the magepire Sabina and her mancy Adam, and them FINALLY getting it on, (bout time),
the other characters just bring it all together and wouldn't be great without them, especially Gigi the demon, I soooooo love him, no matter what happens you can guarantee th
Carolyn  Storer
After reading the first two books in fairly quick succession and really enjoying them both, I was so pleased to receive a review copy of the third and latest instalment in the brilliant 'Sabina Kane' series by Jaye Wells.

As with all the 'Sabina Kane' books this one begins with a fast-paced action scene, which pulled me in to the story from the first page. Sabina and her team, consisting of Giguhl and Adam, are on route to find Maisie, Sabina's twin sister.

Adam is still the scorchingly sexy mage,
Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead
I’m not sure why I wanted to read an early copy of this book. After book 2, I did not know if I wanted to continue with the series at all. Frankly, I was bored with the series, and I really did not like Sabina. I know, this is not how you start a review in which you rated the book 4 stars but please stick with me. I’ll make sense eventually… or not.

Anyways, book 3 in the Sabina Kane saga started really darn good. I was squealing with joy (no, not literally) but I was happy. I so did not regret m
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
4.5 stars!

Now, see, this is what an urban fantasy book is supposed to look like. It has absolutely everything: vampires, mages, weres, mischief demons, fae transvestites, voodoo priestesses, kidnapped twin sisters, evil murderous grandmothers, epic battles and great love stories. Jaye Wells has come a long way since writing Red Headed Stepchild . Truth to be told, she’s spending an awful lot of time with Nicole Peeler lately. Maybe Peeler’s general awesomeness rubbed off on her somehow.

While Sab
Dec 12, 2011 AH rated it really liked it

I’m a little addicted to this series. I can’t say why, other than they are fun to read and a great escape. Green-Eyed Demon is the third book in the Sabina Kane series. In this installment, Sabina, Adam, and Gighul must rescue Sabina’s twin sister Maisie from her criminally insane grandmother Lavinia. And, oh yes, Sabina must save the world from Lavinia’s sinister plans to rid the world of mages, among other things.

This book is set mostly in New Orleans, which provides the perfect atmosphere for
Maria Dimitrova
Sep 04, 2016 Maria Dimitrova rated it it was amazing
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

My list of favourite UFs consists of only three series. And Jaye Wells’ Sabina Kane series is one of them!!!

Sabina’s narration is one of the few out there in the genre that I don’t find tedious or boring. I loved Sabina in the previous books, but I think her character has grown immensely from the first two books. Sure, she’s still got her quick-fire temper and bitchy moments, but she wouldn’t be Sabina if she lost that fire in her.

When we first met Sabina in book one, she was a co
Anzu The Great Destroyer
Mrs. Wells please let me shake your hand. Thank you.

I am so surprised by Green-Eyed Demon. When I finished the previous book I was thinking of reading this just for the sake of knowing how it will end. Or evolve since there are two more books coming out. And then I started reading having a bored face and cringing a bit when thinking that I’ll get to taste some more of Sabina’s “sexy” attitude.

And then this happened:

Nah I’m kidding, don’t worry. There was no creepy Japanese person rubbing a bunn
Alice ♔
Actual Rating: 4.5 Stars!

Green-Eyed Demon is the third book in the Sabina Kane series by Jaye Wells and it was freaking, damn awesome. And by awesome I mean mind-blowingly epic. I seriously had so much fun with this one! DEFINITELY the best in the series yet.

Third book in the series, so I don’t want to spoil, but Sabina Kane is in New Orleans to save her sister and lots of stuff happens. We have the original team of awesome (aka. Giguhl, Adam and Sabina) with a whole bunch of new delightful ch
Feb 08, 2011 Larissa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, to-review, netgalley
Previously Published on my blog: Welcome to Larissa's Bookish Life

*Contains Spoilers if you haven’t read the first two books in the series.

I read the first book in Jaye Wells’ Sabina Kane series, Red-headed Stepchild, before I started reviewing books in 2009. By the time the second book in the series, The Mage in Black, came out I ended up postponing reading it. Last week, I got Green-Eyed Demon from NetGalley and I finally buckled down and read Mage in Black. I could hit myself for taking so lo
Vanessa theJeepDiva
Feb 16, 2011 Vanessa theJeepDiva rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, 2011, ebook
This is a series that must be read in order and cannot be read as a stand-alone. Green Eyed Demon starts at the very beginning with very fast paced action and holds a steady pace until the nail biting end. There is a very climatic fight at the end of the book. We have quite a few new characters and beings, also many of the mages from book two carry over, while several characters from the first book drop by to wreak havoc on Sabina’s life. One of the characters from Red-Headed Stepchild that make ...more
Wicked Lil Pixie (Natasha)
Feb 21, 2011 Wicked Lil Pixie (Natasha) rated it it was amazing
Sabina recently found her twin sister, but in true fashion her twin has been kidnapped by her grandmother. On top of that, the Dark Races are about to go to war & are being manipulated by an order no one seems to know about.

As usual, Sabina has her back up squad, Team Awesome or Team Yay or Whatever they want to name themselves cause it keeps a changing, Giguhl the coolest mischief demon around & Adam the hunky mage! They end up in New Orleans hunting for Sabina’s twin, but there are all
Jun 08, 2015 Anne rated it really liked it
A tad disappointed. Not much. But a tad. Green-Eyed Demon was not as good as Red-Headed Stepchild or The Mage in Black, but it was still a really good book that kept me flipping the pages. Can't wait for Silver-Tongued Devil to come out!

I apologize in advance for any hurt feeling I may cause with this next part of my review.

I need to get something off my chest.
FUGLIEST COVER EVER! Gah! It looks like some kind of a conspiracy between the make-up artist and the photographer. Putting a
Shelleyrae at Book'd Out
Feb 08, 2011 Shelleyrae at Book'd Out rated it really liked it
Originally planned as a trilogy (I believe) the Sabina Kane series has gained enough readers to allow Wells to extend the series. Silver Tounge Devil (Book #4) should be out late 2011.
At the end of The Mage in Black Sabina's newly discovered twin sister, Maisie, was kidnapped by her vampire grandmother and now Sabina is determined to save her. With Adam and Gighul backing her up, Sabina heads to New Orleans for a kickass confrontation with Lavinia and the Caste of Nod.
Once again the setting of
Lady Heather until 1 am this morning to finish it...I'm gonna be hurting at work this morning...but OH..IT WAS SOO WORTH IT! to follow :)
Sabina Kane's to-do list:
1. Rescue sister.
2. Murder grandmother.
3. Don't upset the voodoo priestess.

My list:
1. Write a short review of this book
2. Delete the two remaining novels in this series
3. Read the last novella, just to get an idea of how things end.

Halfway through this book I realized I don't care what happens to Sabina & co. I've been trying to stay positive, but I just can't seem to connect with the characters. I'm sure it didn't help my ratings of the Sabina Kane series that I've
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
3.5 Stars

Yes, I'm a bit disappointed in this installment of the series. It was veeeerrrry slow up until about half way through. Nothing was really happening, I felt like the story was stalling and almost going around in circles for that long, which was a bit boring. Even though Sabina was with Adam.

We meet some fae characters when the setting of this book switches to New Orleans. This might've been one of the good points. I loved "Pussy-Willow" (Brooks). His, or is it her, character was entertai

Lo malo: Giguhl hace acotaciones todo el rato como el demonio de la serie Fire Me Up, sin llegar a ser gracioso.

Hay referencias sexuales bastante fuera de onda (aka asquerosos) que estan totalmente demás en el libro, aparte de no aportar nada al plot , son de personajes que ni terciarios, así que nada que ver. Para gente con criterio deformado.

Lo mejor: Sabina crece como personaje, que ya venia siendo hora que dejara de tratar de lloriquear porque su abuela no la quiere. Y de que ella no quiere
Nov 21, 2015 Kira rated it liked it
There was one element in this book that made no sense. Sabina is half vampire half mage, but throughout the book she is in training to learn how to use her mage magic. Her vampire enemies drink blood from mages and instantly know how to use that magic. Shouldn't someone whose magic is natural to them be able to use it better than someone who drinks the blood of a person with magic?
Tabitha (Lovely Books Blog)
Feb 09, 2015 Tabitha (Lovely Books Blog) rated it really liked it
Read more reviews like this at!

After reading the second novel in the series I wasn’t sure which way Green-Eyed Demon was going to go, it could either live up to the fun and exciting first book, or live up to the disappointing second novel. Happily this novel definitely made up for the boring and flat second book; full of action, romance, and witty dialogue this novel was a fantastic addition to the Sabina Kane series.

What I loved most about this novel was that
Dec 22, 2011 Marsha rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Adult lovers of Paranormal Mysteries
I just finished reading "Green-Eyed Demon" and cannot believe how this series just keeps getting better and better. I am constantly amazed how Jaye Wells manages to enthrall me with her wonderful world building, humor, and writing ability. I mean, come on, who can write about a apple juice wielding vampire assassin, horny cat/demon, sexy mage and a realistic sadistic grandma that even I wanted to kill?

Sabina's twin sister has been kidnapped and she must get her back. She must go to N'awlins to f
Jess the Romanceaholic
Reviewed for The Romanceaholic

I come to this series as a new reader. Having never read any of the Sabine Kane series, I was concerned that I would have a hard time following the story line, or that I would be too lost to want to continue. However, I was very pleasantly surprised to find that this novel works just fine as a standalone.

What worked for me:

I love the mythology, with the vampires having descended from Cain and Lilith.
I have to admit that Sabina’s potty mouth is incredibly endearing t
Apr 20, 2011 Natasja rated it it was amazing
Sabine’s twin sister Maisie has been kidnapped by their evil vampire grandmother Lavinia. Now the journey has taken Sabine and her side-kicks mage Adam & demon Giguhl, them to New Orleans. The council has given them a mission; find Lavinia and stop her before she summons Cain and if that means they find Maisie along the way, that’s a bonus. But Sabine’s priority is her sister and will do anything in her power to save her.

Sabine’s relationship with Adam is getting stronger, but she is still q
Jun 15, 2012 SATIN SUE rated it it was amazing
Mar 01, 2011 Rayna rated it really liked it
Green Eyed Demon – Jaye Wells Third book in the Sabina Kane series
When Ms Wells handed me one of her books at RT, I was gob smacked. Here’s this amazingly funny, extremely snarky, very much reluctant adult author (seriously I need to borrow you to come to Australia) handing a book to little ole me. Now before any of you out there get jealous a word to the wise. It’s a huge responsibility to be handed a book by the author to review. Seriously HUGE. I got to know Ms Wells before reading her books
Jul 27, 2011 Suz rated it really liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Exceptional 3rd book. The ending wasn't as satisfying as I had hoped but didnt have the feel of a true cliff hanger either. The primary conflicts of the book were dealt with but a lot of loose ends were left hanging out. Things that will probably be used for storyline in the next book/s but resolving at least some of them might have made for a more satisfying ending.

The story was fast paced and the 3 book nemesis arc was satisfactorily concluded. The story provided plenty of history to introduce
A Million More Pages: 3 - Green-Eyed Demon (Sabina Kane): Apr 30 19 12 May 01, 2015 05:05AM
kindle availability in Europe 3 20 Oct 04, 2011 12:23PM
  • Crimson Wind (Horngate Witches, #2)
  • Burn the Night (Dark Days, #6)
  • As Lie the Dead (Dreg City, #2)
  • Magic on the Hunt (Allie Beckstrom, #6)
  • Bite Marks (Jaz Parks, #6)
  • Tempest's Legacy (Jane True, #3)
  • Hallowed Circle (Persephone Alcmedi, #2)
  • Sacrificial Magic (Downside Ghosts, #4)
  • Black Night (Black Wings, #2)
  • Tangled Threads (Elemental Assassin, #4)
  • A Sliver of Shadow (Abby Sinclair, #2)
Jaye Wells is a former magazine editor whose award-winning speculative fiction novels have hit several bestseller lists. She holds an MFA in Writing Popular Fiction from Seton Hill University, and is a sought-after speaker on the craft of writing. When she’s not writing or teaching, she loves to travel to exotic locales, experiment in her kitchen like a mad scientist, and try things that scare her ...more
More about Jaye Wells...

Sabina Kane (5 books)
  • Red-Headed Stepchild (Sabina Kane, #1)
  • The Mage in Black (Sabina Kane, #2)
  • Silver-Tongued Devil (Sabina Kane, #4)
  • Blue-Blooded Vamp (Sabina Kane, #5)

“I think you need to go find that boy and tell him how you feel about him. Then you need to ride him like a tilt-o-whirl.” 27 likes
“Before I joined them, I cracked my neck from side to side. Breathing in a martyred sigh, I reminded my temper to behave itself. If I'd learned one thing, it was that killing people who annoyed me generally created more problems than it solved.

I mentally patted myself on the back. See? Totally growing.”