Start by marking “Rosas sin espinas (Cuatro bodas, #2)” as Want to Read:
Rosas sin espinas (Cuatro bodas, #2)

Rosas sin espinas (Bride Quartet #2)

4.11  ·  Rating Details ·  47,736 Ratings  ·  1,981 Reviews
Desde que era una niña, Emma Grant ha sido una romántica empedernida. Así que no es de extrañar que haya hecho de su vocación el encargarse de todos los arreglos florales que una boda conlleva. Cada día, se pone manos a la obra con sus flores y tiene como compañeras a sus tres mejores amigas. Desde luego no podría tener un trabajo mejor.

En apariencia, la vida amorosa de Em
Published 2010 by Plaza & Janes (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Rosas sin espinas, please sign up.

Jeanne Harrell I enjoyed her Parker character the most. She was complicated and tough with a veneer that would be hard for a schmoozer to get past. All four books…moreI enjoyed her Parker character the most. She was complicated and tough with a veneer that would be hard for a schmoozer to get past. All four books were fun reads.(less)

Alp
5 SOLID STARS!

My cheeks are still damp from my tears as I’m writing this review. Oh my heart, this was such a beautiful story!

It’s been a while since I read Nora Roberts’s contemporary romance novel, and Bed of Roses didn’t disappoint. I knew I would love this book, and I was right. Yes, I did love it! Everything about it. This was exactly what I want from my read!

I loved NR’s excellent writing.
I loved this very simple yet well-knit plot.
I loved both main and secondary characters.
I loved the rom
Dina
Oct 23, 2009 Dina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 1/2 stars

After finding Vision in White a good but slightly disappointing read, I "knew" - as far as anyone can know such thing - that I'd enjoy Bed of Roses better. Something to do with this 2nd book being better received by most readers and my having lower expectations, I guess. No matter why, I did find Bed of Roses highly entertaining.

Emma was the main reason this book worked for me, with her utterly romantic nature. She was also the reason this book lost 1/2 star in the end, when she attac
K.
Nov 09, 2009 K. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks, 5-keepers
This is a WONDERFUL NR romance! I'm not even a fan of her's, yet this is straight-forward, simple, romantic and LOL ensemble writing at it's best! I don't know about that first book that received such crappy reviews . . . but this one is DEFINITELY worth reading! I fell in love with Emma and Jack and CERTAINLY all the "Vows" wedding planner group of friends (all of which will have a book of course). I did this one on audiobook, and after 100+ audio listens . . . this particular reader was just A ...more
♥ℳelody
ETA: Rating 2.5 stars

I would have given this a higher rating if it wasn't for the last 2 chapters of this book. But besides the crappy shit that happens near the end there were some other red flags that bugged me.

First I wasn't enthralled with this as I was with Mac's story. Everything about Mac and Carter came off natural and organic even with their ups and downs. Here everything seemed incredibly forced and overdone. It took me a good 100 pages to even get into the story. Jack and Emma share
Tammy
May 06, 2009 Tammy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of the friends-turned-lovers theme
Gosh did I ever enjoy this story! If you're a fan of the friends-turned-lovers theme, then this is the book for you. :)

It's a real shame the author didn't write Bed of Roses as the first book in her Bride Quartet series. There is more insight into the characters. The emotions are stronger. The dialogue is so much better. This story is straight romance with sprinkles of light humor and funny banter. No suspense or mystery involved.

The relationship between the four friends is the cornerstone of th
Lexy
Aug 13, 2016 Lexy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
it was amazing it made me cry
Marisa
Short Review: Bed of Roses, is the second book in Nora Roberts Bride Quartet series. However, those of you who have not read the first book, Vision in White, can read the second book with out missing a step. It’s a solid book with well developed characters and if you always buy every book that Nora Roberts writes I’m not writing this review for you. If however, you’re a romance reader, or just a reader looking for a book to read, perhaps this review is for you. I liked this book. Am I glad I rea ...more
Mafi
Oct 15, 2013 Mafi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pt, 2016
Mais um romance fofo da Nora..não gostei tanto deste casal como estava à espera mas por outro lado viu-se mais a amizade e companheirismo entre as quatro amigas.

Vou já saltar para o 3º da série!
---
O segundo livro - Um Mar de Rosas - tem uma aura totalmente diferente do primeiro livro, principalmente porque a Emma é uma romântica inveterada em que o seu maior sonho é dançar à luz da lua com o amor da sua vida. Foi um livro um pouco mais romântico e do qual não gostei tanto devido ao facto de a p
Lora
Apr 09, 2011 Lora rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of Nora Roberts
ducks/

Ever felt left out? I felt that way when I tried reading Vision in White back in May of this year, and I felt that way again trying to read its successor, Bed of Roses. I attempted to read this about two months ago after having finished and disliked the first book in this series. Normally I would drop a series after disliking the first installment to the degree that I did with Vision in White, but since I own the first, second, and fourth installments in this series I thought I'd give it another
Corrine
4 stars; from just sheer enjoyment, I would have given this 4 1/2, but I deducted half a star for two reasons: (a) the heroine is the personality twin of the heroine in Convincing Alex of the Stanislaskis series; and (b) TOO MUCH WEDDING DETAIL!!!! I know it's a book about wedding planners, but come on! there was more wedding information than scenes written from the hero's POV.

I'm not going to do a full synopsis, but I have to say this one was definitely better than Vision in White, and while th
Mary
Nov 04, 2009 Mary rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2009
Steph
Nov 14, 2015 Steph rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was also OK but I did like it a bit better than the first of the series. You see more personalities and different characters and you kind of figuring out who Will end up together in the later series. It has a little bit more humor too.
Mojca
As I said in my review for Vision in White, Nora Roberts never fails to entertain me. What, does she have a special gene or something? Is she a writing mutant? What’s with her novels that always deliver where I’m concerned?

Because with Bed of Roses she once again succeeded. This series is more than a contemporary romance, there’s a little of chick-lit in it as well, but especially it’s an ode to female friendship. One of those strong, resilient friendships that last a lifetime. Mac, Emma, Laurel
Miss Kim
Mar 12, 2009 Miss Kim rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2009, contemporary
I think Bed of Roses should have been the first book in the Bride Quartet series. I felt like the players were much fleshed out then in the first, Vision in White. I got to know them and what their feelings and wants are. I felt that lacked in VIW. In BOR, we get Emma and Jack’s story. I loved every minute of it! They’ve been like siblings since they were twelve, and in the past few years and have started noticing each other in a different way.

Emma is the florist in her quarter of Vows, the wedd
Megan
I loved so much about the friendship of the four women (and Mrs. Grady!) in this book. I always feel a little reluctant to claim that one of my favorite things about Nora Roberts's books is the strong friendships between strong women, because these books are clearly romance (not to mention clearly romantic). But I can't deny that my very favorite scene in this book was when the five women were discussing prior kisses (or prior lacks of kisses) from Jack.

As for the romance itself, I was sailing a
Tracie
Aug 02, 2010 Tracie rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Teryl
Ok, I would have given this a 4 because of the emotion I felt between Emma and Jack, BUT all the damn wedding and flower talk bumped it down for me. Way too much of that going on. Loved Jack and Emma though...great couple.
Mireille
Oct 18, 2016 Mireille rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, read-in-2016
I think I wanted about a hundred more pages for Jack to really agree to committing. Of course all romances need to end with an engagement, apparently, but I think his concerns about not wanting to be so involved were worthy, too, and I wish they had tackled the subject slowly, getting him more and more comfortable with Emma having a presence in his life, until he realizes that yes, they are basically married already. (view spoiler) ...more
Melissa
Mar 17, 2012 Melissa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-owned
Gail
Dec 13, 2009 Gail rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The second book in the series of four friends who run an upscale wedding business. Emma comes from a happy home and is the nicest of the four girls. She's the florist and she is in love with family friend, Jack Cooke. He's an architect and best friend of the brother of one of the other women in the quartet.

Friends who fall in love. Girl from a happy home falls for the guarded bachelor type guy. Boundaries, rules, and misunderstanding. Lots of romance and lust as well.

The details about wedding fl
Jane
Mar 09, 2012 Jane rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
I have all four of this series on my Kobo from the library and I'm going to finish them but I'm feeling suffocated in fondant and flower petals.

There's zero suspense. Zero. I knew from book two who all four would end up with (over what, a period of a year?) To get the smexing in, they hook up pretty soon in the book, then of course there's a misunderstanding...I'm just about to start book three but I imagine it'll be the same.

This book. Oh boy. Lost all respect for Emma when she had a major melt
Widala
Mar 08, 2016 Widala rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This rant may contain spoilers.

Well, I'm sorry, but this book was a disappointment.

First, too heavy on the wedding and the flower stuff. Stuff that if you're crazy about wedding, flowers and gardening would be interesting, but I'm not.

Second, Jack. I didn't see much of a personality. I mean, who is this guy? A nice man who's afraid of commitment. Why? Because his parents were divorced. I'm not making it light but he didn't have traumatizing experience like Mac with her horrible mother.

Third,
Kate
Dec 31, 2009 Kate rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library, read-in-2010
The first book in this series, Vision in White, was the only romance to make it onto my "best books I read in 2009" list, so I was very excited to get this sequel. (It had a very long queue at the library, of course.) I loved it, although it wasn't quite as absorbing as the first - mainly, I think, because the romantic hero in the first was an English teacher, so it got extra points for that. But anyway, the couple in this one were Emma, a florist, and Jack, an architect. This series revolves ar ...more
Just - The romance reader
Another fantastic novel in the Bride Quartet series. Now I can't wait for the third book! Upon starting Bed of Roses I found myself wanting to go back and read Visions In White again. It was a fabulous book, and I remember that I loved it, but I just don't remember enough of the details. So many things in Bed of Roses reference details and events in Visions In White that I think if I remembered more details I would have loved this book even more, if that's possible, or atleast felt like I was mo ...more
Jan 29, 2010 Jennifer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay. I'm only going to review 1 of Nora Roberts' books. Mostly because I've read almost everything she's ever written. And no, I'm not quite proud of that. I have a problem. I admit it.

Anyway, I love Nora Roberts. I love that every time one of her characters wears something formal, it has a sweetheart neckline. I love that she almost never reuses a character name, and if she does, it's secondary, or even tertiary, character. I love that every single book is the exact same story, but I'll read
Love Fool
Nov 03, 2015 Love Fool rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
n Bed of Roses, florist Emma Grant is finding career success with her friends at Vows wedding planning company, and her love life appears to be thriving. Though men swarm around her, she still hasn’t found Mr. Right. And the last place she’s looking is right under her nose.

Okay, this was a little cheesier than I would have liked but that is Emma Grant and frankly I ate up the cheese as if it was brie. I love the friendships and their business... and I am enjoying reading how each find love. Mayb
Carola
Jan 03, 2013 Carola rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Originally read many years ago. Re-read now and completely changed my mind.

WTF happened at Jack's house? Emma acted like a total drama queen and a brat. And her friends (supposedly Jack's friends as well) all acted like it was his freaking fault. Ridiculous scene that ruined the whole book for me.

Why should he give her keys if he's not comfortable doing it? Why is it humiliating for her to have to ask for permission or keys to his house? They have just started dating, for Pete's sake. Emma come
Nov 11, 2009 Jennifer rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2009
My friend Jules was spot on when she said this book was a bit boring. The characters were flat and the conflict-that-really-wasn't was poorly conceived, I thought. Emma is the least interesting of the four friends, and truly the most annoying. Her saccharine sweetness and over-blown ideas of romance and love would have most people ready to push her off a cliff. (Which Emma would probably be okay with, as long as you picked the right flowers for the occasion. ;D)
Gime Villegas
Me gustó un poquito menos que el tomo anterior pero igual me encantó. La autora marcó muy bien las diferencias de personalidad entre las protagonistas y como eso se traslada a sus romances. Me encantó el aura y el ambiente romántico que envuelve el libro y también tiene grandes dosis de pasión y diversión.
Melissa
Jan 23, 2011 Melissa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
I really enjoyed this book - I loved the romance, the story behind the scenes of romantic weddings..everything! The way that the 4 friends are there for each other ..no matter what!
I give it 5 stars!!
Más libros para Latinoamérica 1 2 Jul 18, 2015 08:27AM
Nora Roberts Grou...: Bed of Roses (Bride Quartet #2) 50 172 Jul 12, 2010 03:04PM
  • Baby, It's Cold Outside
  • Forbidden Falls (Virgin River, #8)
  • Sugar Creek (Destiny, #2)
  • Forever and a Day (Lucky Harbor, #6)
  • The Lost (In Death, #29.5)
  • Delicious (Buchanans, #1)
  • Harbor Lights (Chesapeake Shores, #3)
  • The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • What I Did for Love (Wynette, Texas #4)
Nora Roberts is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of more than 200 novels, including The Obsession, The Liar, The Collector, Whiskey Beach and coming in June 2017, Come Sundown. She is also the author of the futuristic suspense In Death series written under the pen name J.D. Robb. There are more than 500 million copies of her books in print.
More about Nora Roberts...

Bride Quartet (4 books)
  • Vision in White (Bride Quartet, #1)
  • Savor the Moment (Bride Quartet, #3)
  • Happy Ever After (Bride Quartet, #4)

“Broken hearts healed. Maybe the cracks were always there, like thin scars, but they healed. People lived and worked, laughed and ate, walked and talked with those cracks

For many, even the scars healed and they loved again.”
249 likes
“ A woman with romance in her life lived as grandly as a queen, because her heart was treasured.” 131 likes