Start by marking “Patchwork Bride” as Want to Read:
Patchwork Bride

Patchwork Bride (Buttons & Bobbins #2)

4.09  ·  Rating Details  ·  199 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews

At last, Meredith Worthington is returning to Angel Falls, Montana. Now that she's escaped the matchmaking and scheming of her East Coast finishing school, she can follow her dream of becoming a teacher. And perhaps get to know Shane Connelly, the intriguing new wrangler on her father's ranch....
Shane had a bellyful of "eligible ladies" back East. So he left them--and his
Published August 1st 2010 by Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Patchwork Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Patchwork Bride

Angela Lynn Holland
I enjoyed this book even though for me it started out a little slow. I did not read the first book in this series and had no problem keeping up, it can be read as a stand alone. Meredith was my favorite character of the book. She knew what she wanted and did not like that her mom thought they should be better than others. She just wanted to be a normal person. What she did not realized it that the horse trainer that her father hired (Shane) wanted the same thing for his life. Meredith's friends ...more
Wendy
Dec 16, 2011 Wendy rated it it was amazing
This is the story of Meredith Worthington from Angel Falls, Montana. She has just returned from an East Coast finishing school that her Mother insisted she attend. Meredith does not want to live the kind of life her Mother wants for her or her four sisters. She is about to graduate and plans on taking the teaching test so she can become a teacher, but her Mother is insistent that none of her daughters will work as a commoner, it would embarrass her to have her daughter as an employee and not a w ...more
I love this series! Love how she kinda leads you into Finn Mckaslin's story too. These characters are so much fun to follow throughout the series. Meredith is wealthy, but all she wants to do is live a normal life and become a teacher. But, in the process she has to deal with her family's reaction to her independence. When she meets Shane, little does she know that he has a past too, but it doesn't matter. It was almost as if it was love at first site. Until, someone reveals his real identity... ...more
Judy
Nov 03, 2010 Judy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Patchwork Bride reunites the reader with people from Homespun Bride and High Country Bride.

In Angel Falls, Montana the Worthington Family is run by the strict and rigid rules brought from their life in St. Louis. Mrs Worthington wants her daughters to be lady's and the help is to be looked down upon not mingled with.

Shane Connelly is learning to train horses under Braden. Shane has left the rich life he had in Virginia to live the simple saddle tramp life. They stop to help some young ladies get
Val
Mar 03, 2016 Val rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book a lot better than the first. I finished the first book in Oct of 2015 and I just started reading the rest of the books in the series yesterday because I was so not impressed with the 1st.
Brandy
Aug 22, 2010 Brandy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who loves Historical/inspirational romance
LOVED, LOVED, LOVED, LOVED, LOVED this book!!!! And did I say LOVED this book?! Jillian is the one who introduced me to Historical romances....And this is by far the BEST I have read "YET". By Jillian, or anyone. I fell absolutely in LOVE with Meredith & Shane. Even though her mother was a high society snob in the story, Jillian still found a way to make her still likable. I found myself awwing in parts of the story. Getting teary in other's. I WANT Meredith's quilt Lol. If you enjoy romance ...more
Fay Risner
Mar 16, 2015 Fay Risner rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Patchwork Bride is a good historical romance.
May 26, 2014 Laura rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Second book in the series. Very sweet story. Like the character Meredith and her relationship with her mother.
MariaFernanda
Jul 25, 2011 MariaFernanda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of my favorite books!!!!!!

The story line was definitly intense! I loved how realistic the characters were!
Their relationship was really sweet and extremely romantic!
I read it all in one sitting and fell in love! This is the second book I believe of the Montana ladies and it did not disappoint!
I was also a fan of Gingham Bride, but this one definitly beat it!!
Everyone who believes in romance and happy endings should- has to- read this!
Barbara
This is a wonderful story set on a horse farm in Montana in 1884. The characters are vibrant and alive with personality. The story deals with some great themes, such as cultural prejudice, trust, individuality, and being true to the plans God has for your life. People who enjoy historical fiction will enjoy this book. I am looking forward to the next installment in the "Buttons and Bobbins" series.
Paula-O
Oct 10, 2010 Paula-O rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have just finished one of Jillian Hart Books called Patchwork Bride, Meredith is a big sister and proud to be one. She is in school and wants to be a teacher and an independent woman-she does NOT want to get married and do housework and cater to a husband..at least she did not think so until she meets Shane Connelly..she thinks of him a lot, will she change her mind about marriage?
Melody
Again I get to happily visit Angel Falls. Funny how a series like this can become so real that each book is like a visit to long lost friends. :) I get to hear from old and new characters, and gain an even deeper connection to the lovely ladies! My heart is totally in this series. Can't wait for the next one!
Brenda
Apr 07, 2012 Brenda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love this cute series! It's such a refreshing visit back in time to when things were seemingly so simple. I loved Meredith's story and Shane is the perfect hero:) Moving on to the next book tonight!
Natalie
Sep 09, 2010 Natalie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful book to curl up and read!! I really enjoyed reading this book. It had such an interesting plot that kept me turning the pages and was disappointed when it ended.
Miss Pippi the Librarian
A man's heart plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps. ~ Proverbs 16:9

Time Period: Western, late 1880's
Location: Montana Territory, USA
Highland-dreamer
I enjoyed catching up with the residents of Angel Falls, but there was a bit too much calico mentioned, and not enough of an ending.
Joy
What can I say that hasn't already been said? *grin*
I just loved this book...the story, the characters, everything.
Vicky Dierker
This book was okay but it read slow. It was also a little long. I enjoyed His Holiday Bride by this author a lot more.
Keekee Bird
Oct 02, 2010 Keekee Bird rated it liked it
It turned out really really good, but it took forever to get there.
Patsy
Aug 01, 2010 Patsy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: love-inspired
Loved the ending of this book. Great read.
Blessedmommy22
LOVED! I cant wait to read the other three!
Susan
May 17, 2011 Susan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wish my library had the rest of this series!
Terri
Sep 12, 2010 Terri rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent story!
PWRL
May 16, 2011 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011-new
A
Jessica Newburn
Jessica Newburn rated it it was amazing
Aug 27, 2016
Angie Cain
Angie Cain marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2016
Danelle Cale
Danelle Cale marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2016
Brittney
Brittney marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2016
Amy Tyner
Amy Tyner rated it it was amazing
Aug 11, 2016
USA Geography Cha...: Patchwork Bride by Jillian Hart 1 1 Dec 29, 2014 06:13AM
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Dec 17, 2014 09:48AM
  • Kansas Courtship (After the Storm: The Founding Years, #3)
  • Heartland Wedding (After the Storm: The Founding Years, #2)
  • Rocky Mountain Match (Rocky Mountain, #1)
  • Prairie Courtship
  • The Marshal's Promise
  • To Be a Mother
  • High Plains Bride (After the Storm: The Founding Years, #1)
  • The Runaway Bride
  • Hill Country Cattleman (Brides of Simpson Creek, #6)
  • Groom Wanted (Bowen, #3)
  • The Wedding Season: Much Ado About Nuptials\The Gentleman Takes a Bride
  • The Proper Wife (Knotty Pines, #2)
  • Her Patchwork Family (Gabriel Sisters, #2)
  • Courting the Doctor's Daughter
Jillian Hart grew up on her family's homestead in Washington state, where she raised cattle, rode horses and scribbled stories in her spare time.
After earning her English degree from Whitman College, she worked in travel and advertising before selling her first novel.
When Jillian isn't working on her next story, she can be found puttering around her rose garden, curled up with a good book and sp
More about Jillian Hart...

Buttons & Bobbins (4 books)
  • Gingham Bride (Buttons and Bobbins, #1)
  • Calico Bride (Buttons and Bobbins, #3)
  • Snowflake Bride (Buttons and Bobbins, #4)