Start by marking “Forbidden Archeology: The Hidden History of the Human Race” as Want to Read:
Forbidden Archeology: The Hidden History of the Human Race

Forbidden Archeology: The Hidden History of the Human Race

4.06 of 5 stars 4.06  ·  rating details  ·  565 ratings  ·  37 reviews
Over the past two centuries archeologists and anthropologists have ignored, forgotten and suppressed vast quantities of evidence showing that human beings like ourselves have existed on this planet for tens of millions of years.
Forbidden Archeology documents a systematic process of "knowledge filtration" and constitutes a serious challenge to the Darwinian theory of evolu
Hardcover, unabridged, 914 pages
Published December 15th 1998 by Torchlight Publishing (first published 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Forbidden Archeology, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forbidden Archeology

Uriel's Machine by Christopher    KnightForbidden Archeology by Michael A. CremoAtlantis by Ignatius L. DonnellyAfrican Temples of the Anunnaki by Michael TellingerFrom the Ashes of Angels by Andrew Collins
Ancient Mysteries
2nd out of 50 books — 13 voters
The Grand Chessboard by Zbigniew BrzezińskiPropaganda by Edward L. BernaysPropaganda by Jacques EllulProofs of a Conspiracy by John RobisonThe Lessons of History by Will Durant
's NWO booklist
96th out of 99 books — 3 voters

More lists with this book...

James
Well, I guess controversy sells. This is a horrible book. Michael Cremo has set archaeology back more than 100 years. This book is a classic example of both a "strawman arguement" and a "red herring". Cremo sets out misinforming the reader about archaeological and geological site formation, confusing the "principal of stratigraphy" (superimposition) with stratification. He also fails to connote the "principal of association". Both the former and latter laws of archaeology must be satisfied to ma ...more
Wendy
This book made me want to major in archaeology - unfortunately, many of the college professors out there are adament against anything outside of the timeline that they believe is set in stone, even now, almost a dozen years after this book was first published. This book contains numerous examples of disregarded evidence just because it did not fit into the preconcieved notions of how things progressed, illustrating how anthropology and archaeology are not 'sciences' if one repeatedly disregards ...more
Linda
Surprisingly interesting! Old bones and stone tool findings that have been ignored due to their anomaly. After Darwin's "The origin of species" archeological items that contradict Darwinism were dismissed, even not discussed. These things are reviewed and readers get to follow researchers' and anthropologists' arguments through the centuries. The fact that our ancestors might be much older than we know, actually millions of years, is thrilling. The human footprint next to that of a dinosaur's. T ...more
The Incredible Hogg
Have you ever had a friend who watched some shitty conspiracy theory documentary and then talked about it nonstop without ever actually analyzing the claims it made or checking to see how those claims had been addressed by experts? That was me when I first read this book. I read it before going to college and actually learning science, and being the young and uneducated dipshit that I was, it convinced me.

Honestly it's an interesting book to read (hence the 3 stars), but it's complete bullshit.
Rich Hoffman
This is not an easy book to read. It is essentially a textbook. But this book changes the fields of anthropology and archeology to their very cores. It is this book that has opened the door to all the ancient alien theories that are now very popular. This book gives the evidence that mankind has been on earth for thousands of years, but millions. The proof is provided in great abundance, and has rattled the cages of the worlds religions, political structure, and education institutions. It may be ...more
Alicedewonder
Without a doubt this research text is whole and complete and pisses off every so called research wannabee that ever crawled the planet.
It's not an easy read, but it will light up your life when you discover how much research is fudged/lied about and or withheld due to the pompous wind-bags that insist on being right when they are not!
THE AUTHORS DID THEIR HOMEWORK FOR YOU!
Natalie
Nov 18, 2008 Natalie rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Archeologists, scientists, amateur archeologists and historians
Recommended to Natalie by: Joe McMoneagle
Exhaustive and well-written book that every archeologist should read. Whether all their evidence stands up or not (and they're clear on ambiguities themselves) the book is a strong lesson in preconceptions and the importance of remembering that theory is not fact, and should be open to constant re-assessment.
Andrew Hennessey
you would think that the academics didn't have a big enough carpet to hide this mountain of refutations under - but they obviously do - aided and abetted by the digital TV circus, convincing sound tracks and educated accents ... this is where the ivy towers fall off a cliff ...
ΦΩΤΕΙΝΑ ΠΑΝΩ
Jul 17, 2008 ΦΩΤΕΙΝΑ ΠΑΝΩ rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone
AMAZING STUFF AND FINDING OF " SURPRESSED " ARTIFACTS, TEMPLES, STRUCTURES, RUINS, ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY!, ECT, HIDDEN OR DESTROYED BY GOV'T TO MUSEUM STAFF TO CORRUPT PEOPLE HIDING EVEN UNDER DEATH! HIDING THE TRUE ORIGINS OF HUMANS
David
Let me begin with the authors' conclusion:

"...We conclude that the total evidence...is most consistent with the view that anatomically modern humans have coexisted with other 'primates' for tens of millions of years." Location 18480 (Kindle Edition...iPad)

And they spent a long,long time examining the evidence and inserting themselves within the substantial anomalous data and giving this a 'good' bit of deconstruction. They are a bit cagey about their approach when the affirm:

"...There exists i
Lyrae
This book is absolutely fascinating, but it is not something you can pick up and thumb through. This book is a commitment to read. It's over 900 pages long and reads like an encyclopedia. This large volume serves as a reference compiling many lost, buried or otherwise hidden reports in the associated fields of archeology. There is a depth of information that needs time to be read and processed for those of us who are not professionals in the field. The book is well written with adequate definiti ...more
Stuart Rimmer
This is a mighty tome, and not for those wanting a bit of light reading. So overwhelming is the evidence that the authors present against the dominant hegemony of archeological thought, that this book reads like a relentless inventory of archeological 'finds' which suggests a chronology other than that which is commonly accepted and propounded, 'finds' which the establishment overlook, or outright deny. Things like anatomically modern human bones recovered from rock strata millions of years old, ...more
Jeffrey Reid
Fascinating. At least Cremo tells you upfront that he subscribes to the Hindu view of the world age circle. Once one understand this viewpoint, everything else falls into place. So, what about those strange artifacts found miles underground, dating back millions of years? Food for thought. Highly recommend
Kelli George
My archaeology professor told me that this book was written by a wacko with fringe theories even though he had not read it. I disagree because this book is basically about the history of the science of archaeology. Anyone who disagrees with this book and dismisses it has not even read it!!!
Christina
Sep 19, 2008 Christina rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: not very many people
Recommended to Christina by: Steve
Very interesting. Lots of stuff to think about and not for people who are married to current scientific theory about human history.
John
A fascinating alternative view of our anthropological knowledge and theories. His thesis is that there is evidence for a much older human presence on our planet than we traditionally acknowledge (perhaps as much as 250 Million years) and that the evidence for a relatively young humanity (1 million years at most) is shakier than we would like to think.

This book gives new insight into the way our scientific process works and has worked. Combining this with other mainstream histories of science (A
Alice
L'Homo Sapiens ha convissuto per milioni di anni con quelli che la maggior parte degli studiosi del settore ritengono i suoi antenati (Australopithecus, Homo Habilis, Homo Erectus): questo è il tema principale del saggio, che Cremo e Thompson riescono a spiegare efficacemente attraverso la storia di ogni reperto (dove e quando è stato scoperto; chi l'ha ritrovato; la testimonianza di chi ha partecipato alla scoperta; la spiegazione data dagli evoluzionisti ortodossi e quella degli studiosi che,i ...more
Jeffrey Petit-bois
Very interesting and informative. The scientific society has not been always honest with the public about the remains of our ancestors. Anybody in the field of anthropology and or has a curious mind concerning the origins of humanity and archeology should it. Superb work.
Gavin Smith
lots of flint tools in the very early pages ...quite a slog for the eveerage reader ..but then if you want to gain insight you must persevere ...
Peggy Bechko
I like strange books, what can I say? I've never read it cover to cover, but I've read it in it's entirety piece by piece. Lots of strange things in this book, grist for the mill for a writer who likes to ponder strange things, so to speak. It's writing style is more than a bit dry, so I probably should have given it a 3 star review, but the content was so much fun in a peculiar way that I just had to give it four.
Allison Masters
This book presents some good information to question why we just accept some theories as "law" as opposed to being open to many possibilities.

Also, it demonstrates some good examples of how "funding" from certain organizations can shape how information is being told to us.

It's a dry read but if you can wade through that there are some good tidbits of info that make you think and wonder.
Devero
Una bella sequenza di balle raccontate pure male, con scarsa coerenza interna e pure senza scorrevolezza. Voglio dire, Kolosimo, Von Daeniken, Hancock, Sitchin, non solo scrivono molto meglio, raccontando a volte le stesse frottole ma con più stile, un briciolo di plausibilità e coerenza, ma seguono pure uno schema logico, che in Cremo manca totalmente.
Non sequitur su non sequitur.
Nathan
So far I find the book convincing mostly because of the copious cases that the author references in the text. And I haven't even gotten to the weird parts yet. There does seem to be an orthodoxy in th scientific community that brands as heretics all those who don't accept the status quo.
Jai Joshi
Really fascinating journey into the history of archaeology and human evolution. It raises all kinds of questions about what humans really know about our past and what we still need to know. It left me wanting to learn more which is always a good thing.
Dennis
Sensationelle Funde? Wohl eher sensationeller Quark - aber ab und an lese ich diesen ganzen Atlantis-, UFO- und ähnlichen Krempel ganz gerne mal, wenn ich ihn auf dem Grabbeltisch günstig bekomme. Für etwas Amüsement immer gut...
Gevera Bert
This book wasn't what I thought. I expected something like "Fingerprints of the Gods" and it's not, it's creationist literature, very dry and boring and not at all compelling. No stars because I didn't finish it.
Nino
Vrhunska knjiga koja čitatelja tjera da se zamisli... Kako arheološki establišment ignorira otkrića koja stavljaju dosadašnje spoznaje pod veliki upitnik.
Jeni
Interesting, somewhat engaging alternative view.
Filled with loads of references and Cremo's passion and sense of wonder is impressive.
Paul
While there was a lot of interesting information in this book (with a high density) the data was disordered and hard to follow.
Patrick
Very big book. Lots of pages. Lots of interesting and little-known information, but tedious at times.
  • Technology of the Gods: The Incredible Sciences of the Ancients
  • Maps of the Ancient Sea Kings: Evidence of Advanced Civilization in the Ice Age
  • Underworld: The Mysterious Origins of Civilization
  • The Sirius Mystery: New Scientific Evidence of Alien Contact 5,000 Years Ago
  • The Orion Mystery: Unlocking the Secrets of the Pyramids
  • Forbidden History: Prehistoric Technologies, Extraterrestrial Intervention, and the Suppressed Origins of Civilization
  • From the Ashes of Angels: The Forbidden Legacy of a Fallen Race
  • The Ancient Engineers
  • Gods of Eden
  • The Lost Book of Enki: Memoirs & Prophecies of an Extraterrestrial God
  • Uriel's Machine
  • The Ancient Alien Question: A New Inquiry Into the Existence, Evidence, and Influence of Ancient Visitors
Hindu creationist whose work argues that humans have lived on the earth for billions of years. Cremo's book, Forbidden Archeology, has attracted attention from Hindu creationists and paranormalists, but has been criticized by many mainstream scholars for his unorthodox views on archeology. Scholars of the mainstream archaeological and paleoanthropological communities have described his work as pse ...more
More about Michael A. Cremo...
The Hidden History of the Human Race - The condensed edition of Forbidden Archeology Human Devolution: A Vedic Alternative to Darwin's Theory Forbidden Archeologys Impact: How a Controversial New Book Shocked the Scientific Community and Became an Underground Classic Forbidden Archeologist: The Atlantis Rising Magazine Divine Nature: A Spiritual Perspective on the Environmental Crisis (Contemporary Vedic Library)