Start by marking “Forbidden History: Prehistoric Technologies, Extraterrestrial Intervention, and the Suppressed Origins of Civilization” as Want to Read:

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  296 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Challenges the scientific theories on the establishment of civilization and technology

• Contains 42 essays by 17 key thinkers in the fields of alternative science and history, including Christopher Dunn, Frank Joseph, Will Hart, Rand Flem-Ath, and Moira Timms

• Edited by Atlantis Rising publisher, J. Douglas Kenyon

In Forbidden History writer and editor
Published March 29th 2005 by Bear & Company (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Forbidden History, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forbidden History

Debasish Das
This Quiver full of Arrows presents a flavor of the entire gamut of the current thinking of the subject of alternative history..a kind of ‘big picture’..a summary without having to read so many different books to get an overall idea.

Another good thing about the book is that its references to other interesting books. Some sections like “New Models to Ponder” are quite mind-blowing, where we get introduced to the likes of Zecharia Sitchin, Richard Hoagland, and Paul LaViolette . Sitchin’s “12th Pl
Bridgett
This book was weird, but very interesting. There was a major focus on Atlantis and the Great Pyramids. Other ancient monuments were also mentioned.
Fox
Yeah, yeah, stop looking at me like that.

I enjoy reading what the fringies write, and this was no exception to the rule. While a bit out of date, this collection of essays still preached what one would expect: Childress, Schoch, Hancock, et al - while not writing there in force, were still being written about in force. While this book was light on the aliens, it was still very strong when it comes to the Mu civilization and the like.

Lego linguistics, poor understanding of physics, and more were
William March
Forbidden History can be considered an interesting cross-section of articles written by the pseudo-scientific community. The writers offers some interesting or compelling facts and then immediately verge off into wild speculative flights of imagination that leave the reader's sense of logic reeling. Most of the articles are very dated and a great deal of the "new" evidence that is talked about in the book has been thoroughly put to rest in the last couple of decades.

I read this book because I be
Ramy Zughul
Mysterious and fulfilling journey through the mind of anyone in search of a new story about our origin. Information lacks strong references, but could be excused if conspiracy or neglect against research in this field is believed. The book is worth reading; even if you don't believe it, it opens your mind to more possibilities about the truth.
Heather
thoroughly enjoyed this, I'm fascinated by ancient civilizations, there is evidence of them everywhere. Weather you believe in previous great technologies or not, the fact is there were people here longer than we learned in school, we have all been given a very limited education I'm afraid.
Steven
So far its good. I'm impressed that its a compilation of opinions and essays by lots of experts in various fields. That is opposed to "Chariots of the Gods." For instance, if you assume Von Daniken may be a crackpot then the whole book is now discredited.
David A. Carey
I enjoyed the first half of this book but then it became just more of the same and I stopped. I has been two months now and I have not picked it up so it is going back on the shelf.
Ernie Dawson
Quite an interesting read. The subtitle tells it all.
Barry Thomas
full of conspiracy theories.
Lana
Lana marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2014
Eliani
Eliani marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Norma Elyse
Norma Elyse marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2014
Diana
Diana marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2014
Joanna
Joanna marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2014
S T
S T marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2014
Glenn Sanderson
Glenn Sanderson marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2014
Akshaya
Akshaya marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2014
Will Stoodley
Will Stoodley marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Zahoor
Zahoor marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2014
Maya
Maya marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2014
Anthony Woodward
Anthony Woodward marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2014
The Magick School
The Magick School marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2014
GT
GT marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2014
Kamila
Kamila marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2014
  • Technology of the Gods: The Incredible Sciences of the Ancients
  • The Hidden History of the Human Race - The condensed edition of Forbidden Archeology
  • The Sirius Mystery: New Scientific Evidence of Alien Contact 5,000 Years Ago
  • Underground!: The Disinformation Guide to Ancient Civilizations, Astonishing Archaeology, and Hidden History
  • The Orion Mystery: Unlocking the Secrets of the Pyramids
  • From the Ashes of Angels: The Forbidden Legacy of a Fallen Race
  • The Ancient Engineers
  • Maps of the Ancient Sea Kings: Evidence of Advanced Civilization in the Ice Age
  • Gods of Eden
  • The Giza Power Plant: Technologies of Ancient Egypt
  • Civilization One: The World Is Not as You Thought it Was
  • Heaven's Mirror: Quest for the Lost Civilization
  • Worlds in Collision
  • The Lost Civilization Enigma: A New Inquiry into the Existence of Ancient Cities, Cultures, and Peoples Who Pre-Date Recorded History
Forbidden Science: From Ancient Technologies to Free Energy Forbidden Religion: Suppressed Heresies of the West Atlantis Rising 100 - July/August 2013 (Atlantis Rising Magazine) Atlantis Rising Magazine presents: Book No. 1 - ANCIENT MYSTERIES Atlantis Rising 95 - September/October 2012 (Atlantis Rising Magazine)