Start by marking “Forbidden History: Prehistoric Technologies, Extraterrestrial Intervention, and the Suppressed Origins of Civilization” as Want to Read:

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  318 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Challenges the scientific theories on the establishment of civilization and technology

Contains 42 essays by 17 key thinkers in the fields of alternative science and history, including Christopher Dunn, Frank Joseph, Will Hart, Rand Flem-Ath, and Moira Timms

Edited by Atlantis Rising publisher, J. Douglas Kenyon

In Forbidden History writer and editor J. Douglas Kenyon has
Published March 29th 2005 by Bear & Company (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Forbidden History, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forbidden History

Forbidden History by J. Douglas KenyonThe Aquatic Ape Hypothesis by Elaine MorganThe Hidden History of the Human Race - The condensed edition ... by Michael A. CremoTechnology of the Gods by David Hatcher ChildressUnderworld by Graham Hancock
Origins of Man
1st out of 21 books — 2 voters
The Orphan Trilogy by James MorcanThe Orphan Conspiracies by James MorcanGENIUS INTELLIGENCE by James MorcanAngels & Demons by Dan BrownMockingjay by Suzanne Collins
Underground Knowledge
169th out of 523 books — 95 voters

More lists with this book...

Debasish Das
This Quiver full of Arrows presents a flavor of the entire gamut of the current thinking of the subject of alternative history..a kind of ‘big picture’..a summary without having to read so many different books to get an overall idea.

Another good thing about the book is that its references to other interesting books. Some sections like “New Models to Ponder” are quite mind-blowing, where we get introduced to the likes of Zecharia Sitchin, Richard Hoagland, and Paul LaViolette . Sitchin’s “12th Pl
Bridgett
This book was weird, but very interesting. There was a major focus on Atlantis and the Great Pyramids. Other ancient monuments were also mentioned.
Fox
Yeah, yeah, stop looking at me like that.

I enjoy reading what the fringies write, and this was no exception to the rule. While a bit out of date, this collection of essays still preached what one would expect: Childress, Schoch, Hancock, et al - while not writing there in force, were still being written about in force. While this book was light on the aliens, it was still very strong when it comes to the Mu civilization and the like.

Lego linguistics, poor understanding of physics, and more were
William March
Forbidden History can be considered an interesting cross-section of articles written by the pseudo-scientific community. The writers offers some interesting or compelling facts and then immediately verge off into wild speculative flights of imagination that leave the reader's sense of logic reeling. Most of the articles are very dated and a great deal of the "new" evidence that is talked about in the book has been thoroughly put to rest in the last couple of decades.

I read this book because I be
Ramy Zughul
Mysterious and fulfilling journey through the mind of anyone in search of a new story about our origin. Information lacks strong references, but could be excused if conspiracy or neglect against research in this field is believed. The book is worth reading; even if you don't believe it, it opens your mind to more possibilities about the truth.
Heather
thoroughly enjoyed this, I'm fascinated by ancient civilizations, there is evidence of them everywhere. Weather you believe in previous great technologies or not, the fact is there were people here longer than we learned in school, we have all been given a very limited education I'm afraid.
Steven
So far its good. I'm impressed that its a compilation of opinions and essays by lots of experts in various fields. That is opposed to "Chariots of the Gods." For instance, if you assume Von Daniken may be a crackpot then the whole book is now discredited.
David A. Carey
I enjoyed the first half of this book but then it became just more of the same and I stopped. I has been two months now and I have not picked it up so it is going back on the shelf.
Ernie Dawson
Quite an interesting read. The subtitle tells it all.
Barry Thomas
full of conspiracy theories.
J.M. Gagne
J.M. Gagne marked it as to-read
Lizzy
Lizzy marked it as to-read
Thomas
Thomas marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2015
Angus Morrison
Angus Morrison marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2015
Adrienne C.
Adrienne C. marked it as to-read
Brett
Brett marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2015
Padmanabhan Anandan
Padmanabhan Anandan is currently reading it
Feb 05, 2015
Mohamed Tawfek
Mohamed Tawfek marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2015
Rhea Lavendia
Rhea Lavendia marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2015
Nicole Smith
Nicole Smith marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2015
  • Technology of the Gods: The Incredible Sciences of the Ancients
  • The Hidden History of the Human Race - The condensed edition of Forbidden Archeology
  • Underground!: The Disinformation Guide to Ancient Civilizations, Astonishing Archaeology, and Hidden History
  • The Sirius Mystery: New Scientific Evidence of Alien Contact 5,000 Years Ago
  • Black Genesis: The Prehistoric Origins of Ancient Egypt
  • From the Ashes of Angels: The Forbidden Legacy of a Fallen Race
  • Maps of the Ancient Sea Kings: Evidence of Advanced Civilization in the Ice Age
  • Gods of Eden
  • The Joyful Guide To Lachrymology
  • The Ancient Engineers
  • Dark Mission: The Secret History of NASA
  • Serpent in the Sky: The High Wisdom of Ancient Egypt
  • The Ancient Alien Question: A New Inquiry Into the Existence, Evidence, and Influence of Ancient Visitors
  • Edgar Cayce on the Power of Color, Stones, and Crystals
  • The Lost Book of Enki: Memoirs & Prophecies of an Extraterrestrial God
  • Worlds in Collision
  • Heaven's Mirror: Quest for the Lost Civilization
  • Ancient Mysteries
Forbidden Science: From Ancient Technologies to Free Energy Forbidden Religion: Suppressed Heresies of the West Atlantis Rising 100 - July/August 2013 (Atlantis Rising Magazine) Atlantis Rising 98 - March/April 2013 (Atlantis Rising Magazine) Atlantis Rising Magazine presents: Book No. 1 - ANCIENT MYSTERIES