Start by marking “Echoes” as Want to Read:
Echoes

Echoes (The Michelli Family Series #3)

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  1,315 ratings  ·  79 reviews
Romantic suspense from a bestselling novelist. Sequel to "Unforgotten," Sofie Michelli goes to Sonoma to unravel her past, but returns to face the future.
Published September 1st 2007 by Bethany House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Echoes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Echoes

Maritza

Ah! What can I say about this book? I was sooo sad when it ended! Sofie's story is amazing! And I love how Lance and Rese's story also wrapped itself up without taking away from Sofie's story....even Rico and Star seem to have a happy ending even though they are supporting characters Loved Loved this book and the entire series!! As the author states in her acknowledgements......To God be the glory! Beautiful series from beginning to end!
Paulin
Finished Echoes by K Heitzmann. There is a kind of love that is too much, turned selfish, possessive, obsessive, manipulative&controlling. It is upleft scary, downright frightening & revolvingly terrifying. Then there is another kind of love that is selfless, freeing, empowering, unconditional, the kind that Jesus gave u...s when He died on d'cross for our sins. It is up to U to ask Him 2come n2 ur heart&dwell inside.

The kind of love that is so selfless it sacrifices everything even
Pat
Book 3 of the Micelli saga. Audiobook The last of the 3 books about the Micellis! Loved it. This one focuses more on Sofie, Lance's sister, who comes to Sonoma to visit Lance, Rece & Nonna and get on with her life. We find she had loved a man & his daughter like her own, but it was a destructive relationship. Six years later, she starts receiving strange phone calls--who turn out to be Carli.

When Rese & Lance take in a Mexican girl and her baby, Child Protective Service worker Matt
Leah
This is my favorite Heitzmann book thus far: the plot is fast, the setting perfect and the conclusion well worth the wait.

The characters’ physical, emotional and spiritual journeys are realistic. How encouraging that most of their journeys lead to personal relationships with Christ! If and when they acknowledge God’s gift of love/grace/mercy/forgiveness/hope, Hetizmann’s characters are born anew and used in unique ways to bring glory to Him.

Yes, I want to pray like Lance, encourage like Nonna,
Andrea
i would give this 3 1/2 stars. this was my first venture in christian novels - the story was pretty good and kept my interest, but the praying just seemed to be added and not an intergrel part of the story.

the story involved a large italian family - some living in new york city and some in the bay area. Sophie one of the sisters has survived a very hard breakup in a relationship but the man and his daughter are trying to get back into her life. The family steps in for support and a child welfare
Pam
Echoes by Kristen Heitzman is the sequel to Unforgotten. It is a little faster than Unforgotten and I think it is because they are back in Sonoma.
Lance and Rese are back at the Inn, although it isn’t going to be a bed and breakfast. Lance has made Rese upset with him by his not telling her the entire truth. His Nonna has come to live with them from New York City. She is now back in the little room behind the kitchen that was her Nonno’s. Star has come back to stay and she helps take care of Rese
James
Kristen Heitzmann's concluding story, Echoes which follows the remarkable Secrets and Unforgotten is both draining and uplifting. This story delves deeply in to the heart and mind of a women almost consumed by the "love" of a charismatic yet emotionally unhealthy man. Sofie's journey is painful and agonisingly real as she searches for truth and healing. Matt is also deeply troubled by his past, burdened with anger and bitterness against his unforgiving father and attempting to assuage his own gu ...more
Brenda
I liked this third book in the trilogy best, the second almost as much, and both of them more than the 1st book, although that was good, too. I'm not even sure I can say why, except maybe just getting to know the characters more through each book made them more sympathetic, maybe?
Linda Husvar
This conclusion to the Michelli Family Series was magnificent in character development, family drama, and mystery. As a retired social worker, I especially appreciated Matt's role as a child welfare protective services worker. Stef's professional psychiatric expertise and her personal relationship with Matt and Carly were starkly real. The author skillfully wove the lives of the other characters into the family drama. I loved how the villa became a refuge for the characters and the New York home ...more
Emily
Better than the second one. The shift to more of a focus on Sofie as opposed to Lance and Rese did not bother me. It's not like their storyline was dropped, it just wasn't the main focus.
Sue
Love Sophie and Matt! As we know...All things are possible with God!!
Ronada
Overall, I liked the book. I almost put it down when I first started reading it because it was moving really slow. Also because there were hints of SOMETHING happening (past and present) to characters but it seemed to drag out annoyingly.

I absolutely loved the Italian phrases used and the English translations. It made the read personal. Also, the quotes from Star and the Grandmother. They seemed to have a quote or reference for everything.

Slow beginning but good ending. I didn't really get pull
Janet
very good last book in a series - read in order
Dee
wonderful series, fully enjoyable
Heidi
love love love this series
Tamara
ECHOES is the conclusion to two previous books by Kristen Heitzmann, SECRETS and UNFORGOTTEN. I was so excited to be able to read about Lance and Rese again, characters that I really enjoyed, but ECHOES is mainly centered around Lance’s sister Sofie, a woman with struggling to make sense of a difficult past.

I liked ECHOES, though at times, I felt frustrated by Sofie. Sofie is a woman suffering from the mental abuse of her previous relationship. A suicide survivor, she decides she needs a change
Deborah
Likely because this was the third book in the series and I hadn't read the other two, I was initially very lost. I could not keep characters straight and didn't understand what was going on a number of times because I didn't know the history. I also had a hard time keeping focus -- in other words, I didn't have a hard time putting this book down whenever something came up. Even near the end when the big altercation occurred, I can't say that I was surprised about how it was resolved. Although no ...more
Celeste Batchelor
I have read all the books in this series, although it was a while ago. I liked the other books much better. In this book the author makes one of the characters a "miracle worker" and I just find that going a bit too far in a Christian romance. I do believe in miracles, but was not impressed or uplifted by the method used in this book. It was nice to see how the characters stories end, but I was not terribly impressed with this book like I was with the others.

One very positive aspect is the absti
Anna
This book was amazing...I could hardly put it down!! A sequel to Unforgotten and Secrets, this story centered on Sofie, Lance's sister and her struggles with obsessive and possessive love. Kristen writes in such an intriguing and real way...the characters completely come alive and their struggles become your own. I also loved how, even though the story was not centered on Lance and Rese, they had a share of the action and their story was wonderfully concluded. I can't wait to read more of Kriste ...more
Donna Porter
This was a page turner. I couldn't put it down. I did miss a bit not having read the 2nd book in the series (I didn't realize I had not), but it wasn't enough to keep me from understanding. I loved the vulnerability of her hero and heroine, and the way their fears and struggles played of off each other. The hero was especially compelling despite his faults. Classic Heitzmann. I loved every minute of the read.
Jessica Krall
Wow, what an amazing conclusion to this trilogy by Kristen Heitzmann!! I'm very sad to have finished as I find I have many, many more questions! I feel so intertwined with these characters; I'm not ready to say goodbye! :( I'm hoping God will inspire Mrs. Heitzmann to revisit these several families again and give us a literary update! Such great themes throughout the book of friendship, faith, love and the strength of family...I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I was very happy at how everything en ...more
Amy Riccio
You know, this series is good, but I think this third book was very similar to the first book, except for different characters. I enjoyed the depth of each character, and I did enjoy the suspense toward the end, but it all ended up being a little repetitive to me.
Jeni Enjaian
I feel like Heitzmann tried to do too much with these books. She never really resolved Lance and Rese's story, at least not with any depth simply because this book focused on Lance's sister Sofie and her "boyfriend" Matt Hammond. Their story I liked but it felt crammed in the wrong space. They should have had their own book after the whole Lance and Rese story came to a conclusion. Also, I'm not a huge fan of Lance's sudden propensity to performing miracles. While I'm not ruling out the possibil ...more
Raenette napier
My favorite of the series

great book. Some twists and lots of hope. Loved seeing the inward struggles and how God fit in and provides peace.
Tanya
This book was a bit sadder than the first two, but it was a nice conclusion to the story. I like that it gave resolution, but let things open enough that you could decide for yourself the exact details.
Robin Patchen
Aside from a few questions about the story, Echoes was as good as the first two books in the series. Again, lifelike, flawed, complicated characters struggling with their faith to make the right choices. Excellent job.
Mary Helmers
Grabs and holds. The author does a grand job of keeping the tension going. I am looking forward to reading the next book in the series.
Trudy E
Part of me hated to see this series end. This book is also about Lance and Rese and their life together, and with friends and family. Each book delves a little deeper into the spiritual aspects of the characters.
In Echoes, Sofie Michelli, (Lance's sister)comes to the villa in Sonoma to heal and start over. New circumstances bring her past hurts to the forefront and she must choose whether to take a chance on new relationships. At times romantic, suspenseful, and thought-provoking in a religious
Robbie
Great book even without reading the 1st two in the series (oops)
I think I'll go back and read those now.
Bonnie
Recommend to everyone the trilogy.
  • Escape to Morning (Team Hope #2)
  • O'Malley Chronicles, Volume 1 (O'Malley #1-3)
  • Storm Gathering (The Storm Series #2)
  • Abomination (Rock Harbor Series #4)
  • Word Gets Around (Daily, Texas #2)
  • Through the Fire
  • Beneath a Harvest Sky (Desert Roses, #3)
  • Emerald Windows
  • Mending Places (New Heights Series, #1)
  • Wild Heather (English Ivy, #2)
Kristen learned to read at age four in the sit-on-the-floor school her father taught at home. That was the start of her love affair with stories. Skipping kindergarten, she went to first grade at five and dove into learning with a passion. In elementary school, she wrote and illustrated her own miniature books and the highlight of the week was the mile and a half walk to the book mobile.

A bit of a
More about Kristen Heitzmann...

The Michelli Family Series (3 books)
  • Secrets (The Michelli Family Series #1)
  • Unforgotten (The Michelli Family Series #2)
Secrets (The Michelli Family Series #1) Freefall A Rush of Wings (A Rush of Wings #1) The Edge of Recall The Rose Legacy (Diamond of the Rockies, #1)