Here We Go Round the Mulberry Bush

Here We Go Round the Mulberry Bush

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  67 ratings  ·  22 reviews
This delightful rendition of a well-loved nursery song makes for a perfect read-aloud or sing-along for preschoolers.
Published July 1st 2010 by Holiday House

midnightfaerie
Cabrera is a great author for the younger crowd. My twin 3 yr old's loved it. Colorful fun pictures that helps get the child engaged and keeps them engaged. The illustrations were paintings that had a unique brushstroke and the colors were so vibrant! Cabrera has a style all her own. Loved the paintings especially! Also, many of her books have themes that are popular children’s songs, so immediately her books grabbed my preschoolers attention. A great addition to any children's library.
Vivian
I confess, I seriously felt sorry for all the grown-ups in the story time crowd who had to remain seated. I mean, I would have too, were I not the crazy performer. (It did help to have TWO crazy performers).

The illustration on the first page shows a puppy jumping on the bed, so up we all got and JUMPED up and down, up and down, up and down while singing the verse "This is the way we all wake up... On a cold and frosty morning!"
Next we "brushed our teeth" as we sang that verse. We just gave a nod...more
Edna
I love Cabrera's bold and colorful childlike illustrations that accompany an old English nursery song describing two young puppies as they wake up on a frosty morning, get dressed, go school and return home. It's a fun (and very visual) book to sing aloud to young children.
Joy
Read (or sing) your way through a chilly day with two adorable puppies. The repetitive text is fun for the youngest readers and the adorable illustrations are bright and engaging.
Kris
I love books that are songs for beginning readers. This one invites group participation to act out verses like "this is the way we brush our teeth... on a cold and frosty morning."
Kelsey
Cabrera's book set to the tune of the traditional nursery rhyme features a dog family that gets up, dresses, goes to school, dances around the mulberry bush and comes home to bed. Children may enjoy the bright and colorful illustrations. Children may learn to sing the rhyme with parents and could do motions to accompany each verse. Readers should practice the book because some verses require practice to fit the words with the tune. The book could be used to promote phonological awareness.
Dolly
Mar 04, 2011 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: parents reading with their little ones
Sparkly words on the cover attract your attention and adorable illustrations are throughtout. Otherwise, there's not a lot to this book. It's just a series of verses that follow a cute little dog throughout his day. The ditties are catchy and are similar to what I used to sing to our girls when they were very little. And the last few pages we sang in a softer and softer whisper to help our girls settle down for the night. Cute book - recommend it for ages 3-5.
Samantha
A picture book version of the popular children's song set against paintings of baby animals. I loved the picture in which the Dalmatian dog family is reading another Cabrera book (If You're Happy and You Know It); it's so fun to find little details like that in books!

Sing along text is great for use with toddler and preschoolers.
Library Quine
A lovely Autumn/fall/winter story featuring a fun-loving spotty dog. The pages cover some good mime along activities; get dressed, brush teeth, go to school, read and write, jump and skip moving through morning, afternoon, evening and Good Night!
Michal Hope
I love her books! These are such a great way to combine storytelling and music with young children. I love singing these to my son, who is 22 months, and he loves hearing them. He's 3 1/4 now and he still loves these books! Enjoy!
Barbara
Cabrera's version of the familiar song covers the day from waking up, to going to school, to going to bed. The well defined illustations of the main charachter (a spotted puppy) are eye catching and easily seen in story time.
Edward Sullivan
Cabrera's picture books for younger readers are warm, playful, energetic, always irresistably adorable. This delightful illustrated version of the song is no exception.
Snortle
Jane Cabrera books are always a hit in our house. The colorful illustrations grab our son and it's sweet that the same characters show up in multiple books.
Leah
Lots of fun new verses to this classic nursery rhyme, chronicling a child's daily activity. Love Cabrera's signature illustrations!
The Library Lady
Great pictures, but a text that sometimes doesn't scan well. Awkward to read/sing out loud in spots.
Ecl  Storytellers
Each page is a different verse of the classic song. Act out the motions and sing together!
Kim
Two spotted puppies take you on a cheery romp through "a cold and frosty" school day.
Julie Esanu
A fun and interactive book for preschoolers--great to act out for storytimes.
Heather
Great book to get kids up and moving around during a storytime
Natalie
Yay for more verses that extend into the evening.
Nancy Jo Lambert
I will review this one on my blog!
Sofia
18 mo. or younger. A sing along
Michelle
Jul 12, 2011 Michelle added it
Shelves: story-en
J P 782.42 CAB
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
If You're Happy and You Know It! Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star Ten in the Bed Cat's Colors The Wheels on the Bus