Start by marking “Trapped Nerves” as Want to Read:
Trapped Nerves

Trapped Nerves

3.11 of 5 stars 3.11  ·  rating details  ·  124 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Mason is trapped in an elevator with his high school lover who - he thinks - is responsible for his gay bashing and disability ...
Published August 9th 2010 by Createspace (first published August 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Trapped Nerves, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trapped Nerves

Seregil
Tina
This is a book I would have liked to see fleshed out into a full-length novel. It was a great story and I was pulled in by the characters. I just kept thinking how much better it would have been if we had been with them through the years they were apart instead of hearing about it after the fact. It could have been as good as The Locker Room by Amy Lane. I gave it 4 stars because of the story itself.
Rebecca
Even though the story is pretty cliche - young gay man from rich, accepting family has fling with in-the-closet jock with a secret needy side - it had the potential to be good. Sadly, the writing is poor, and the story isn't well developed; the fact that Mason is paralyzed seems like a throwaway, a gimmick, almost.

The story begins when Mason and Parker, who were lovers once-upon-time in highschool, get trapped in an elevator together. Parker doesn't initially recognize the now paralyzed Mason, a
Deeze
A deep and moving story. Drew manages to give life to his characters so well. I admit to tearing up a time or two. Drew Hunt write real people in real situations. Definately one to add to your shelves.
Stephen
When Doctor Mason Grant is trapped in an elevator with Parker Collins, the football hero/closeted jock that was once his secret high school lover, he flashes back to that time thirteen years ago when Mason's greatest love led to his greatest regret.

Overall, I enjoyed this story and I would recommend it to others, but at times there are some plot points that seem a bit too far fetched. Would YOU not recognize the love of your life when trapped in an elevator with him for 20 minutes just because
MostlyDelores
Not only did I not like Parker, I don't think Mason liked Parker either. My hand was itching to smack them both (but especially Parker).
Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
didn't finish because it looks like its going to be too sad and rough... very good writing and characters though
Christy Stewart
The cover of the book looks like one of the guys from the Jersey shore is attacking cripple people in elevators.

Fortunately (or unfortunately) that is not at all what this book is about.

This novella is a mashup of to love story clichés: the jock and the and rich boy poor boy. As someone who reads fanfic, I have read my fair share of these types of stories and so I expected very little but Drew Hunt wrote it in such a way that within a few pages I lost all my reservations.

The story flashes back a
Hearts On Fire Reviews
Reviewer: Stephen
Genre: M/M Contemporary
3 Hearts

See Review Here: Hearts On Fire Reviews
Facebook link: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hearts...

Review:

Melanie~~
I liked Hunt's writing style and will definitely read more of his work. I liked Mason, but Parker became a little rough to read about. Of course, Mason allowed himself to be run over, so to speak, by Parker.
Noughty
Even from other reviews you can see that this is a good book but it deals with hard issues. If you don't like hard issues don't read it, but also don't rate a good book with low rating because of that as it gives the wrong impression of the book.

I have read this some time ago and I still remember this book, characters, plot. This means a lot. It's not a book to forget. It shows the ugly face of homophobia and the consequences of that hate. I think the writing was interesting, this book feels bot
Mickelange
If I could put a negative rating, I would! this book is awful! I was sick, he ruined my evening, I was depressed after reading it!
Those who have did this gay bashing are never arrested and they have a normal life, while the life of Mason is destroyed. Parker's life too, but he's a real asshole, so.... I don't care!!
Furthermore the author wants us to believe that all is forgiven and forgotten in 10 minutes!
I'm French so I can't speak to the quality of the writing, but the story is too absurd, po
Erin
There were parts I liked a lot. I guess I wanted to see more at the end. I wanted to see them get together take the story from there, realizing they still have feelings for each other, but working through the problems they had. It wrapped up too quick.
Nevertheless, I still love Drew Hunt's writing, and check back often to see what he's got out that's new.
Meggie
I really don't like to read gay bashing books, it's really sad and damn complicated. And I really don't like that people are so easy to hate and hurt others. That's only proves how low humans are. But in general the story is hard but well written.
Sasha07
3.5点。
冒頭から「Masonが酷い怪我を負った挙げ句、音信不通になるような別れ方をする」のが示されていて、いつそのシーンが出てくるのかドキドキしながら読んだ。
Parkerの気持ちとか立場は分かるけどちよっと身勝手過ぎて、Masonが駄メンズ好きみたいになってるのは微妙かなー。
もうちょっとParkerのいいところが見えれば、感情移入できて泣ける話だったとおもう。
話の構成は好き。
Gwengwel
I remember reading it, that it's was very boring and unbelievable, but can't remember when and can't find the book.

Mary
Sep 08, 2010 Mary marked it as to-read
I won this book from First Reads and am looking forward to reading it now that I've received it. It's in my queue.
Lynnebaby
What a story. I'd classify it as a well written tragedy. Be prepared for sadness and anger.
OkayKim
This was too short of a story. Needed more to be a great story.
I really enjoyed this book but the ending was to abrupt.
Julia
Julia is currently reading it
Nov 27, 2014
Megija
Megija added it
Nov 26, 2014
Kath
Kath marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2014
Gary Jones
Gary Jones marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2014
Ashley Owens
Ashley Owens marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2014
  • Everything That You Are
  • Sky Tongues
  • Lift Your Voice
  • Finding the Words
  • Fix This, Sir (Tales from Rainbow Alley, #3)
  • Falling in Love with Crazy
  • A Softer World: Truth and Beauty Bombs
  • Nature of the Beast (Outside the City, #1)
  • Diary of a Teenage Taxidermist
  • Blind Passion
  • The Shark Who Rode a Seahorse (Mate or Meal, #5)
Having read all the decent free fiction on the net Drew could find, he set out to try his hand at writing something himself. Fed up reading about characters who were super-wealthy, impossibly handsome, and incredibly well-endowed, Drew determined to make his characters real and believable.

Drew lives a quiet life in the north of England with his cat. Someday he hopes to meet the kind of man he writ
More about Drew Hunt...
Calvin's Cowboy (Calvin's Cowboy #1) The Way to Will Something About Trevor Trucker and Pup Surface Tension