Start by marking “Storming Hell's Gate (The City, #4)” as Want to Read:
Storming Hell's Gate (The City, #4)

Storming Hell's Gate (The City #4)

3.99 of 5 stars 3.99  ·  rating details  ·  312 ratings  ·  15 reviews
For millennia, Archangel Michael has performed his duty with pride and unfailing commitment, but when a human begins to creep into his thoughts, Michael puts aside his duty to follow his heart.

Storming Hell's Gate to rescue the human, Draco, goes beyond want. It is a need he can't explain, even to himself. What is it about the human that calls to his soul? Archangels were
Published August 2010 by Resplendence Publishing (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Storming Hell's Gate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Storming Hell's Gate

Wings by J.C. OwensThe Prince's Angel by Mychael BlackAnd the Two Shall Become One by Shayne CarmichaelForsaking Eternity by Voirey LingerAngel 1089 by C.C. Bridges
Best Gay Angels
8th out of 82 books — 134 voters
Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesFifty Shades Darker by E.L. JamesFifty Shades Freed by E.L. JamesColters' Woman by Maya BanksColters' Lady by Maya Banks
Complete Erotic Romance Series
177th out of 227 books — 67 voters

More lists with this book...

Betryal
Holy shit, shit, shit. Literally! While reading this one of the Hell's set the first thought that popped into my head in comparison to all the others was that movie which came out not long ago called Legion. Oh man, if you haven't seen that flick you need to check it out. This flick is the story of Gabriel and Michael who makes you wonder if angels are really good right? I'm rambling ok, but it's a hyped ramble and it's not java induced so let me speak my piece.

Growing up I had this thing for a
Veronica /  V
This is my favorite from the series, however, I'm also disappointed that we never find out what happen with Gabriel and his Bruggata or with the rest of the brothers.
Traci
The last of the series, or so it seems, they could totally continue with Gabriel is she wants... I would like.. The book is about Michael (Arch Angel) and Draco (Bruggata, best of heaven and earth). Typical, Draco does not believe he deserves Michael until he deals with his past, the other mix of brothers (Lu's brothers)especially Kael. Draco was created for Michael to fight with him so that Michael would have a better understanding about humans. The other brothers are jealous that Michael has a ...more
Courtney
This is my FAVE book of the series!! This is Michael's HEA & lets the reader in on a little more of the backstory with Lu, Draco, & Lu's brothers, as well as closer look at Old Town. My favorite thing about this book is Michael's growth as a person, going from Michael, the Archangel to Michael. Through the events of the story, he realizes WHY his job is so important & comes to understand why Lu did what he did to get banished. As Lu would probably put it, the stick up his a$$ finally ...more
Gianna
My favorite book of the series. I read the first 3 awhile back. And even though they're shorter, they give a different view of what Hell is like. As well as Lucifer. Plus you meet other Archangels. This one is about Michael (Archangel) and Draco (resident of Hell). Michael has to rescue Draco from Kael, Michael's brother and a former Archangel. Coming up with the plan and the rescue are rushed through but the story focuses more on the building of the attraction between Michael and Draco. As well ...more
Barb ~rede-2-read~
I'm not really sure why I enjoyed this story so much. It was bizarre but it was also ingenious and imaginative. The couple, Michael and Draco, were terrific together and I enjoyed the secondary characters immensely. I didn't realize it was book 4 in a series but I now may go back and read the other stories because those characters appeared in this one and I'm really interested in their backgrounds. 3.5 stars but rounding up to four for giving me a new perspective on heaven and hell.
ReviewerLarissa
I like the book, though it remains weird to read a story such as this one with archangels.

It sure had an original thouch. The only thing I didn't like were the few inconsistencies in the story and how the last part of the previous book was not adressed.
Karen K
Good 4th book in The City series. I liked Michael immediately - his passion, his strength and his commitment to Draco. Didn't think I'd enjoy this series as much as I am but can't wait for the next book.
Nicole
I felt really bad that Michael and Draco didn't happen the way it was supposed to. That's so sad. But they were very sweet together and at least they still get their happy ending.
Phoenix
Liked it. Brings home the fact that God loves us and our "sins" are merely our mis-perceptions of ourselves. Also that God doesn't want us to be alone for his sake, or anybodies.
Sev
Jul 12, 2013 Sev rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone the least bit interested in m/m supernatural fic
Recommended to Sev by: saw it on a romance list somewhere but can't remember which. Was a couple years ago.
Loved it! This has to be one of my favorite ever series and I only hope some day the author revisits The City so I can see what Luc and the Boys have been up to lately.
Cori
I definitely recommend this book. It's very sweet and fast paced.

One of my favorites of this series.
Indigo
best of this series.
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
May 19, 2015
Ja-paige
Ja-paige marked it as to-read
May 16, 2015
Tracey
Tracey is currently reading it
May 20, 2015
Kay-ann Calbert
Kay-ann Calbert marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2015
KT Spille
KT Spille marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2015
  • Tooth & Nail (Warder #2)
  • A Subtle Breeze (Southern Spirits, #1)
  • Through the Red Door (Vampires & Mages & Weres, Oh My!, #2)
  • Heartsong (Fae, #2)
  • Enduring Instincts (Instincts, #2)
  • Zuriel's Fate (Celestial Justice, #2)
  • Treacherous Sun (Nu Hayven Chronicles, #1)
  • Enraptured (Kaldor Saga, #1)
  • Oscar's Soul
  • Hellbourne: Lost and Found (Hellbourne, #1)
  • Fire Demon (Elemental Demons, #1)
  • Freeze Frame (Faerily Imperfect, #3)
  • Rearranging Stars
  • You Will Obey (Gay BDSM Erotica)
  • Lust & Vamp (Anything Goes #2)
  • Firestorm (Fatefully Yours, #3)
  • Blood and Alchemy (Drone Vampire Chronicles, #11)

erotic & gay romances
More about Carol Lynne...

The City (4 books)
  • Hell Hath No Fury (The City, #1)
  • Ice Water in Hell (The City, #2)
  • Hell On  Wheels (The City, #3)
All Play and No Work (Cattle Valley, #1) Sweet Topping (Cattle Valley, #3) Bad Boy Cowboy (Cattle Valley, #7) Rough Ride (Cattle Valley, #4) Coach (Campus Cravings, #1)