Teacher's Pet

Teacher's Pet

3.32 of 5 stars 3.32  ·  rating details  ·  121 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Teacher's Pet Marilyn Lee Javen Manning is delighted to find herself the object of desire of her favorite student's tall, handsome father. Devlin Jordan awakens repressed needs Javen can no longer deny. Afraid of losing her independence, she agrees to share his bed-as long as neither has to make a commitment. Devlin Jordan falls so hard for his daughter's sexy, full-figure...more
Published September 26th 2007 by Ellor's Cave Publishing, Inc. (first published 2007)

Crash by Pepper PaceThe Ugly Girlfriend by Latrivia S. NelsonFalling For Sharde by Marilyn LeeRedemption by S.C. EdwardThe Taming of Serge Dumont by Marilyn Lee
Interracial Plus Size Romance (BW/WM)
5th out of 28 books — 10 voters
Beast by Pepper PaceThe Grunt by Latrivia S. NelsonLove Script by Tiffany AshleyHer Russian Billionaire by Theodora TaylorDmitry's Closet by Latrivia S. Nelson
Best Interracial Reads
371st out of 375 books — 264 voters

More lists with this book...

Yvenande
Apr 12, 2014 Yvenande rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: no one
1 Star

Man, it's been a while since I've given this rating but this book totally deserved it. There are so many things wrong with this book that I don't even know where to start. By the way, there is going to be some spoilers and cursing in this review because this book was so full of abject BULLSHIT , I can't emphasize that enough.

The number one thing wrong with this book are The Characters:

Devlin, is a pushy, petulant son-of-a-bitch who actually thinks he's smooth and alpha. Ha! Don't make me...more
Lexie
I read this because a friend rec'ed it to me saying "You'll love the interactions between the two leads".

And you know what? I totally did. Ignoring the sex and BDSM, the way that Javen and Devlin interact is pure wonderful fun to read. They had the sort of conversations that people would categorize as being 'ping pong' talks. Javen would say something, Devlin would respond, Javen would challenge that response, so Devlin would challenge her challenge and it would go back and forth like that for...more
Netanella
2.5 stars rounded to 3, because, well, that's how rounding works.

The sex was hot, but I didn't like the lead characters. Devlin (the guy) was pushy, and Javen (the girl) had weird notions of first date sex. She didn't know what she wanted and seemed a little too obtuse.
Dee
Nice quick read a bit on the raunchy side but it seems to work for this book. The story line was very simplistic. I saw no reason for the hero and heroine to fall in love but for some reason they did. Still I enjoyed the book.
Jade
If it was possible to give a book zero stars i would have given this like negative one. If you like a heroine who acts like a immature child who cant make up her mind about what she wants this is the book for you.
Adrien
This was another good short read. I was a little on the fence with thiw particular author. I was not disappointed. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a short steamy read.
Lexa
Lexa added it
Jul 23, 2014
Erin Murphy
Erin Murphy marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
Taylor
Taylor marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Gabrielle
Gabrielle marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Kendra
Kendra marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2014
Jina
Jina marked it as to-read
May 25, 2014
Candice
Candice marked it as to-read
May 13, 2014
Ange Victoria
Ange Victoria marked it as to-read
May 05, 2014
Silke
Silke added it
May 03, 2014
Suzanne
Suzanne marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2014
Brigitte
Brigitte marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2014
Alexandra
Alexandra marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2014
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2014
S.M. Franklin
S.M. Franklin marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Marilyn lives, works, and writes on the East Coast of The US. In additional to thoroughly enjoying writing erotic romances in various genres, she enjoys roller-skating, spending time with her large, extended family, and rooting for all her favorite hometown sports teams. She's still celebrating the Philadelphia Phillies 2008 World Championship.

Her other interests include collecting Doc Savage pul...more
More about Marilyn Lee...
Nights of Desire Love Out Loud Full Bodied Charmer Skin Deep Falling For Sharde (Taking Chances, #1)