Start by marking “The Luck Factor” as Want to Read:
The Luck Factor

The Luck Factor

To some people, success is based on luck, a random whim of fate, a chance roll of the dice. But nothing could be further from the truth. Success, to a great extent, can be influenced by luck, but this is not to say that luck is an accident. Luck is predictable. With hard work, it can be controlled. By concentrating on several 'luck factors' - key areas of your life that in ...more
Audio CD
Published 1997 by Nightingale Conant

To ask other readers questions about The Luck Factor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Luck Factor

Ietrio
Jan 09, 2017 Ietrio rated it did not like it
Shelves: junk
This is another one in the long list of Prosperity Gospels. Naturally, the prosperity is an exchange: the preacher gives a promise and the client sends the money to help the preacher grow prosperous. Brian has a soft voice, has anecdotes about people he supposedly helped, has a sad story of when he was down, before receiving the revelation. The personna and the text are terribly uniform with many others doing the same kind of inter confessional church work. Even the level of ignorance and the la ...more
David Anusontarangkul
Jan 10, 2017 David Anusontarangkul rated it it was ok
A lot of generic information about working hard, working fast, and giving back. One practical tip that I got out of it is to always be congratulating people and look for things that people can be congratulated for. Mentioning if someone lost weight and got into better shape is a specific way of this.
L
A combination of positive psychology, financial planning, networking and general productivity. Although it is a good mix of elements of success, it doesn't offer anything revolutionary. It is however, very uplifting to listen to Brian Tracy (I had listened to the audiobook version). It has some concrete examples for those not familiar with self development.
Phoenix24k
Nov 29, 2016 Phoenix24k rated it it was amazing
This is an amazing book. Brian Tracey pulls together a bunch of personal development strings from multiple personal development guru's including Aristotle, Jim Rohn, Dale Carnegie, Napoleon Hill, etc. He makes all of the wisdom whole and makes sense of all of them at the same time. I wouldn't say he has any new insight but the way he organised the information and the practicality he puts it in is amazing.
Huma Rashid
Jun 05, 2013 Huma Rashid rated it really liked it
This is one of those Law of Attraction books, but I liked it anyway because it's so much more practical than those usually are.

Here's the thesis, as set forth by Brian Tracy:

In order to be successful (aka, "lucky") do the following:

Make goals.
Create plans for each of those goals.
Work hard.

Boom. There you go.

This is really sales/business focused, but I thought the discussions about making goals and plans and following your intuition and continuing your education in your field were really helpful.
Zach Amberbud
May 27, 2015 Zach Amberbud rated it it was amazing
This book tells you that there is no such thing as plain luck. If you do many different things then you are very likely to be at the right place at the right time.

This book tells you what are the differences between successful people and unsuccessful people.

Make sure you keep getting better and better at the things that you are GOOD at already.
Dessy
Aug 18, 2016 Dessy rated it liked it
What Brian calls luck is rather the foundation of your success in all walks of life: how to increase your chances of being the right person to meet the right opportunity. Nothing revolutionary per say but his practical approach about the law of attraction is refreshing. I listened to the audio version of the book and surprisingly to me, I didn't roll my eyes that many times.
Cindy
Aug 24, 2013 Cindy rated it it was amazing
I discovered this book while I was still a student and it completely changed my view of life and the world.

The lessons in this audiobook have been the foundation to the successes I have achieved so far in my life. Whenever I am in need of motivation or have low energy, I always return to this book for inspiration.

Thank you Brian Tracy for creating this wonderful audiobook!
Martha
May 14, 2013 Martha rated it really liked it
What some call luck is just a matter of preparation for success. Brian Tracy does a great job of explaining this along with the things that successful people do.
Richard
Jul 17, 2013 Richard rated it it was amazing
I have listened to a few of Brian Tracy's books and so far this is my favorite. I will certainly be listening to this one again.
Ronnyaurelius
Ronnyaurelius rated it liked it
May 19, 2016
Torsten Zell
Torsten Zell rated it it was amazing
Aug 01, 2013
Matthew Marroquin
Matthew Marroquin rated it really liked it
Jun 23, 2015
Khushbu jain
Khushbu jain rated it really liked it
Nov 24, 2011
Chuck
May 21, 2009 Chuck rated it really liked it
Listened to this on tape. Excellent expecially side 8, 11.
Vince
Vince rated it it was amazing
Dec 31, 2016
Dante Petrilla
Dante Petrilla rated it it was amazing
Sep 25, 2011
Marko
Marko rated it it was amazing
Jan 08, 2016
Kristiyan
Kristiyan rated it it was amazing
Mar 25, 2016
Ludwik C. Siadlak
Ludwik C. Siadlak rated it it was amazing
Aug 07, 2009
Sean Ferguson
Sean Ferguson rated it it was amazing
Jul 25, 2013
Nizar
Nizar rated it really liked it
Feb 01, 2014
Nilesh Narayan
Nilesh Narayan rated it liked it
Mar 07, 2015
Puyan Barabari
Puyan Barabari rated it it was amazing
Feb 21, 2016
Antti Tervo
Antti Tervo rated it really liked it
Sep 15, 2016
Kathryn Linden
Kathryn Linden rated it really liked it
Feb 11, 2011
Eleni Calenos
Eleni Calenos rated it it was amazing
Dec 16, 2013
Luvlee
Luvlee rated it really liked it
Mar 25, 2014
Vladimir Rusinov
Vladimir Rusinov rated it it was ok
Jan 30, 2017
Latasha Johnson
Latasha Johnson rated it really liked it
Dec 27, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Please add cover 2 14 Jul 07, 2016 12:13PM
  • What Matters Most: The Power of Living Your Values
  • Cultivating an Unshakable Character
  • Selling You!: A Practical Guide to Achieving the Most by Becoming Your Best
  • You Can Choose to Be Rich
  • The Essential 55 Workbook
  • The On-Time, On-Target Manager: How a "Last-Minute Manager" Conquered Procrastination
  • The Awakening Course: The Secret to Solving All Problems
  • Personal Power II
  • Focus: Achieving Your Highest Priorities
  • What Women Want Men to Know: The Ultimate Book About Love, Sex, and Relationships for You and the Man You Love
  • From My Hands to Yours: Lessons from a Lifetime of Training Championship Horses
  • The 22 Non-Negotiable Laws of Wellness: Take Your Health into Your Own Hands to Feel, Think, and Live Better Than You Ev
  • Magical Mind, Magical Body: Mastering the Mind/Body Connection for Perfect Health and Total Well-Being
  • The Science of Love
  • The 21 Irrefutable Laws Of Leadership, Workbook
  • The Great Ideas of Psychology (Great Courses, #660)
  • The Psychology of Winning
  • On Second Thought: Outsmarting Your Mind's Hard-Wired Habits
22033
Brian Tracy is Chairman and CEO of Brian Tracy International, a company specializing in the training and development of individuals and organizations.

Brian Tracy has consulted for more than 1,000 companies and addressed more than 5,000,000 people in 5,000 talks and seminars throughout the US, Canada and 55 other countries worldwide. As a Keynote speaker and seminar leader, he addresses more than 2
More about Brian Tracy...

“The highest paid Americans read an average of two to three hours per day. The lowest paid Americans don't read at all...

...58% of adults never read another book after they leave high school—including 42% of university graduates...

...43.6% of American adults read below the 7th grade level... they are functionally illiterate... fully 50% of high school graduates cannot read their graduation diplomas, nor fill out an application form for a job at McDonald’s...”
2 likes