Start by marking “Great Parents, Lousy Lovers: Discover How to Enjoy Life with Your Spouse While Raising Your Kids” as Want to Read:

"Great Parents, Lousy Lovers" is a challenging guide for couples to begin re-investing in their marriage and not just their children. The greatest gift parents can give their children is a mother and father who love each other deeply, because a great marriage is the single most important parenting tool.
Published August 18th 2010 by Tyndale House Publishers (first published August 4th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Great Parents, Lousy Lovers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Great Parents, Lousy Lovers

Rich
Nov 20, 2010 Rich rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
There were things that I really like about this book. I liked the back and forth play between the authors. I likes the general subject matter. I believe a lot of what they said was right on the mark. But I finished still wanting something else from the book. They seemed to dance between helping individual couples and describing overall church ministries.

I am going to have to review my notes before I write further.
Marlene Blyden
Aug 28, 2013 Marlene Blyden rated it really liked it

There were things that I really like about this book. I liked the sharing of ideas and experiences of the two authors. The information provided was real, relevant and practical for young and even older couples. However, I would recommend it to couples who are thinking of having children in the near future and those with young children. In my view this book is an easy read and well worth the time.
Michelle Johnson
Mar 18, 2011 Michelle Johnson rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: helpful
Written with young Christians in mind, possibly. No real meat. However, the writing style is witty. While I can't say I took away anything new for my marriage, I would definitely recommend this book for others. And there were some helpful parts that I highlighted to reflect on. I also enjoyed a long list of questions to discuss with my spouse.
Karsten
Mar 20, 2012 Karsten rated it it was ok
Disappointing...Mr. Smalley's DNA of Relationships was topnotch & helped make sense of the world for me...so I thought, Why not? But this is like a longform magazine quiz: You might be a lousy lover if... Thanks. :-/ (That's harsh & there *is* more here, I know...)
Dawn
Feb 28, 2011 Dawn is currently reading it
hoping for some really great insight on how to make the marriage just as much of a priority as being a parent WITHOUT having to break the bank for babysitters -- anyone else feel the same way?
Bill Blevins
Jun 12, 2012 Bill Blevins rated it it was amazing
Great Book. Easy read. Very insightful and full of great information on how to strength the bond between husband and wife.
Matt Horne
Matt Horne rated it really liked it
May 21, 2014
Mary
Mary rated it liked it
Apr 04, 2011
Jenifer Klaus
Jenifer Klaus rated it really liked it
May 15, 2015
Lee
Lee rated it liked it
Jan 05, 2015
Darin
May 11, 2015 Darin rated it liked it
It was okay.
Laurie
Laurie rated it did not like it
Nov 13, 2014
Jared
Jared rated it really liked it
Mar 09, 2011
Nikki
Nikki rated it liked it
Jan 21, 2013
John Bechtold
John Bechtold rated it liked it
Jun 03, 2016
Mary Cramer
Mary Cramer rated it it was amazing
Aug 12, 2016
Michael Dewalt
Michael Dewalt rated it did not like it
Jun 23, 2015
Shawn Yoder
Shawn Yoder rated it really liked it
May 09, 2016
Alli Harden
Alli Harden rated it really liked it
Mar 20, 2014
Meghan Kleven
Meghan Kleven rated it really liked it
Feb 19, 2014
Erin
Erin rated it really liked it
Jan 28, 2011
Thomas Moses
Thomas Moses rated it really liked it
Mar 13, 2016
Brandy
Brandy rated it liked it
Jan 07, 2015
Manuela Dasinger
Manuela Dasinger rated it liked it
Sep 22, 2014
Carrie
Carrie rated it really liked it
Jun 07, 2012
Paula
Paula rated it it was amazing
Jan 04, 2016
Nina
Nina rated it it was ok
Oct 07, 2011
Shawn Tackett
Shawn Tackett rated it liked it
Jun 07, 2012
Tickles
Tickles rated it it was amazing
Mar 19, 2012
Krista
Krista rated it liked it
Aug 30, 2012
Gary Smalley was one of the country's best-known authors and speakers on family relationships. He was the award-winning, best-selling author or coauthor of sixteen books, as well as several popular films and videos. The Blessing and The Two Sides of Love have won Gold Medallions, The Language of Love won the Angel Award as the best contribution to family life, and his other titles have received Si ...more
More about Gary Smalley...

“Children raised in a couple-centered home more fully understand the gospel of Jesus Christ. God’s love manifested in marriage speaks more to kids than any Sunday school lesson or sermon. This truth is the essence of Ephesians 5:25. Marriage is used as a word picture for God’s love for the church. What is your marriage teaching your kids about Jesus?” 3 likes