Great Parents, Lousy Lovers: Discover How to Enjoy Life with Your Spouse While Raising Your Kids

3.49 of 5 stars 3.49  ·  rating details  ·  35 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Great Parents, Lousy Lovers is a challenging guide for couples to begin re-investing in their marriage and not just their children. The greatest gift parents can give their children is a mother and father who love each other deeply, because a great marriage is the single most important parenting tool.
Published August 18th 2010 by Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. (first published August 4th 2010)

Rich
There were things that I really like about this book. I liked the back and forth play between the authors. I likes the general subject matter. I believe a lot of what they said was right on the mark. But I finished still wanting something else from the book. They seemed to dance between helping individual couples and describing overall church ministries.

I am going to have to review my notes before I write further.
Marlene Blyden

There were things that I really like about this book. I liked the sharing of ideas and experiences of the two authors. The information provided was real, relevant and practical for young and even older couples. However, I would recommend it to couples who are thinking of having children in the near future and those with young children. In my view this book is an easy read and well worth the time.
Michelle Johnson
Written with young Christians in mind, possibly. No real meat. However, the writing style is witty. While I can't say I took away anything new for my marriage, I would definitely recommend this book for others. And there were some helpful parts that I highlighted to reflect on. I also enjoyed a long list of questions to discuss with my spouse.
Karsten
Disappointing...Mr. Smalley's DNA of Relationships was topnotch & helped make sense of the world for me...so I thought, Why not? But this is like a longform magazine quiz: You might be a lousy lover if... Thanks. :-/ (That's harsh & there *is* more here, I know...)
Dawn
Feb 28, 2011 Dawn is currently reading it
hoping for some really great insight on how to make the marriage just as much of a priority as being a parent WITHOUT having to break the bank for babysitters -- anyone else feel the same way?
Bill Blevins
Great Book. Easy read. Very insightful and full of great information on how to strength the bond between husband and wife.
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2014
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
May 28, 2014
AnnMarie Johnson
AnnMarie Johnson marked it as to-read
May 27, 2014
Christy Parker
Christy Parker marked it as to-read
May 27, 2014
Lori
Lori marked it as to-read
May 23, 2014
Steph Lichtenauer
Steph Lichtenauer marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2014
Wendy Lett
Wendy Lett marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2014
Kat
Kat marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2014
Audrey
Audrey marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2014
Kimberly Harper
Kimberly Harper marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2014
Mariana Scutaru
Mariana Scutaru marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
The DNA of Relationships Love Is a Decision For Better or for Best: A Valuable Guide to Knowing, Understanding, and Loving Your Husband Making Love Last Forever If Only He Knew: What No Woman Can Resist

“Children raised in a couple-centered home more fully understand the gospel of Jesus Christ. God’s love manifested in marriage speaks more to kids than any Sunday school lesson or sermon. This truth is the essence of Ephesians 5:25. Marriage is used as a word picture for God’s love for the church. What is your marriage teaching your kids about Jesus?” 1 likes