Start by marking “When Twilight Comes (Mists of Fernhaven #1)” as Want to Read:
When Twilight Comes (Mists of Fernhaven #1)

When Twilight Comes (Mists of Fernhaven #1)

3.65  ·  Rating Details  ·  63 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
He'd waited for this day - this woman - for forever it seemed. Harry Ballantine had been a prisoner of Fernhaven forest and now he found the key to his salvation in Jenna Dante. But would she surrender to him before she left the hidden hamlet?

With an angry ex on her tail and rain pouring, the last thing Jenna Dante needed was car trouble and a cranky child. Her only option

ebook, Harlequin Intrigue #876, Eclipse #15, 256 pages
Published October 1st 2005 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about When Twilight Comes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about When Twilight Comes

Anita
Unlike most of the books by B.J. Daniels, this one doesn't have cowboys or take place on a ranch. A departure for her and a great book too. I really loved it.

Jenna married the wrong guy. She finally divorced him and because he is a gangster, and will likely kill her, she takes her daughter and flees. A flood sidetracks her to an new hotel, Fernhaven, built on the site of one that burned in 1936. The place is haunted and one of the ghosts, Harry, is drawn to Jenna. She feels his presence, but is
Paula
Feb 11, 2016 Paula rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
First off the story was thrilling to the point that I couldn't put it down and read it in one sitting. The cover art is also sooo haunting and fantastic, just how I imagined the hotel looking like. BUT, I completely agree with the other review! There were so many un-needed characters! *spoiler* I could, like the other reader, believe she fell in love with the ghost but I couldn't understand why the heck the story didn't revolve around that. The few encounters they did have the ghost kept trying ...more
Lauren
Mar 04, 2016 Lauren rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who don't mind a crummy ending
Geez, where to start with this? B.J. Daniels had a great and intriguing premise with this book. Women stays in haunted hotel because she's on the run from her abusive ex and falls in love with a ghost that haunts the hotel. But it fell so flat, it's not even funny. For starters, the heroine falls in love with the ghost after knowing him probably three days and vice versa. Now I do believe it is possible to fall in love with somebody and know he or she is the one after a very short amount of time ...more
Elizabeth
Enjoyed the story and it really could have gone somewhere, but it just seemed to finish!
Alyssa
Jan 28, 2016 Alyssa rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
uggh.
Laudys
Jan 06, 2013 Laudys rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Okay.

That was... weird. I don't even know if I liked it or if I didn't. The characters were so... generic. The only moment I was even partially surprised was when the nature of certain characters were revealed. Once their roles were explained, they acted just as expected. Some plot points were oh-so convenient, even if highly unlikely, but it was readable.

Also, a small edition slip: Charlene is first mentioned as Stan's sister then as his wife. Maybe somebody should have noticed that, yes?
Shannon Renee
I actually finished this book quite a while ago. It is very different from Daniels' usual cowboy mysteries (which I enjoy far too much for my own good, lol. Still, it is a very good read, and I really need to read the second book in this series.

Jean
Sep 07, 2012 Jean rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good read over two timelines. I found this book easy to read and a great page turner. Was disappointed at the ending but it did leave you wondering.
Carey
Carey marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2016
Catherine Delong
Catherine Delong marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2016
Mischa Kelvin
Mischa Kelvin marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2016
Rosalyne
Rosalyne rated it really liked it
Jul 19, 2016
Sammy jr
Sammy jr marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2016
Albinachic85mail.Ru
Albinachic85mail.Ru marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2016
BettyAnn
BettyAnn marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2016
Janell Hartzell
Janell Hartzell marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2016
MARION L FELTON
MARION L FELTON rated it it was amazing
Jul 02, 2016
betty  Faulkenberry
betty Faulkenberry is currently reading it
Jun 30, 2016
Sharon Swavel
Sharon Swavel marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2016
Marina
Marina marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2016
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2016
Angie
Angie marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2016
Kayras
Kayras marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2016
Natalia
Natalia marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2016
Nicki
Nicki marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2016
Lisette
Lisette marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2016
Emelie
Emelie added it
Jun 06, 2016
Mary Nipper
Mary Nipper marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2016
Gizy
Gizy marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2016
Stephanie Morgan
Stephanie Morgan marked it as to-read
May 30, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Rock My World (Harlequin Blaze #215)
  • The Italian's Rightful Bride
  • The Devil She Knows (Devil, #6)
  • The Captive (Harlequin Blaze, #534)
  • A Fare to Remember: Just Whistle / Driven to Distraction / Taken for a Ride
  • Dating the Rebel Tycoon (The Kellys of Brisbane, #1)
  • Faith (Virtue, #2)
  • The Grail King (Druids of Avalon, #2)
  • Frontier Courtship
  • Heart of Gold (Rainbow Chasers #1)
  • Claimed By a Scottish Lord (Mystical Bliss, #2)
  • Velvet, Leather & Lace: A Man's Gotta Do/Calling the Shots/Baring It All
  • Patrick's Destiny (The Devaneys #4)
  • Good Girls Don't
  • Lake Magic
  • Accidentally the Sheikh's Wife
  • The Player
  • The Darkest Touch (Demon Hunters, #3)
B.J. Daniels' life dream was to be a policewoman. After a career as an award-winning newspaper journalist, she wrote and sold 37 short stories before she finally wrote her first book. Since then she has won numerous awards including a career achievement award last year for romantic suspense.

She lives in Montana with her husband, Parker, two Springer Spaniels, Jem and Spot, and a temperamental tomc
More about B.J. Daniels...

Mists of Fernhaven (3 books)
  • The Edge of Eternity (Mists of Fernhaven #2)
  • The Amulet (Mists of Fernhaven #3)