Highland Treasure (Sisters by Choice 0.5)

Highland Treasure (Sisters by Choice 0.5)

4.23 of 5 stars 4.23  ·  rating details  ·  124 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Can the Highlands survive a gifted soul with a tendency toward mischief? Leonce MacPherson became chieftain after a Norman slaughtered his father and clansmen. For two years he raided Northumbria seeking vengeance while a dream woman promises the return of his great sword, stolen in the massacre. After escaping an abusive father, Lady Hope Nevilles, unknowingly the Gifted...more
Published August 7th 2010 by Eternal Press

Valentina
I was kind of skeptical about reading this book because though it has a lot of stars, it hasn't been reviewed by many people, which made me think the rating would not be very reliable, and it wasn't. I would probably give this book between 2-2.5 stars. What is sad is that this book had a lot of potential, but an extremely fast-paced story line, a lack of depth, and unrealistic situations/characters made it just an ok read.

For one thing, everything happened extremely fast in this book, from Leon...more
Heather Wiese
3.5 (WHEN are they going to let you do 1/2 stars?!)

It is a pretty cute Scottish romance.

The story is about an abused girl named Hope who escapes from her evil Norman father and hides out in the mountains. It's not until she sees that her evil father has kidnapped a little boy (who turns out to be the son of one of the clan chiefs, The McPhearson) that she decides she is going to go to Scotland where her mother is from. She returns the boy and the clan chief's stolen sword with the expectation o...more
Liloshadow
I loved this book. I loved the hero, the heroine, the animals, the magic, the friends, the humor, and most of all the endearingly sweet love story. It has everything you could want in a epic love story. Hope, the heroine was funny, sweet, and so special that I wanted to become her best friend. Leonce the hero was so protective and loving; he's everything a hero should be. The other characters worm their way into your heart with ease especially Bertie and Diablo (who is a horse BTW). I have this...more
Carol
I didn't like this one as much as "Highland Captive". Maybe if I read it first (I hate reading books out of order)
. Bradana, Alera mother, is not mentioned in this book. She, Hope, had twin boys. No girls so... There a whole generation missing between books. Unless there is another I don't know about.
I was disappointed from the start. Only because I was hoping to read Faiths and Bradon and got Alera aunt instead. Even if, I'm glad I read it.

Amanda Richardson
I liked this book, but the heroine got on my nerves. I loved the hero, Leonce, but the heroine Hope was silly and childish. I really wanted her to grow up and appreciate how great her husband was. It felt like the hero and heroine spent so much time apart in the book and I didn't care for that. Hope was always running off "playing" something.

I want to read more by this author, maybe it was just Hope's character I didn't care for too much.
Nicole
I loved it! It was a little long, but that was fine with me because I didn't want it to end! Loved the characters, loved the story, loved it all! I read a lot of highland romances.. This one might be my new fav. Had me laughing out loud, and unable to put the cursed bloody thing down!!!!!
Donna Core
wow i loved this book. It was first book by her and I wasn't sure what it was going to be like but it was great. I couldn't put it down. It has lots of laugh out loud humor. I look forward to my next by this author.
Vee
This was a very entertaining story - it has romance, sex, love. I especially loved the interactions between Lady Hope and Leonce's son, and how she fights for her son, when Leonce tries to separate them.
April
This is my favorite book of all time. Hope is wonderful, funny, entertaining, and her lion is her heart. I have read this book about 20 times and still keep it on my nook to read again and again.
Lisa Nobbs
I love Highland Romances. This book made me laugh and cry. It was so good . Wow. It was a great read from start to finish. Truly enjoyable
Kat Valencia-Benitez
Oh my hope!! Hahaha! I absolutely love it from start to finish! I truly recommend this book! Hilarious! 5 star and more!!
Lori
Lori marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Katrina
Katrina marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Suzy Platt
Suzy Platt marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
Rabbielynn
Rabbielynn marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Sabrina Van Goethem
Sabrina Van Goethem marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Lauren
Lauren added it
Jun 23, 2014
Kathryn
Kathryn marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Highland Captive (Sisters by Choice, #1) Highland Promise (Sisters by Choice, #2) Bride of Valverde