Start by marking “Invisible Friend” as Want to Read:
Invisible Friend

Invisible Friend (Viking Quest #3)

Once again Bree finds the courage to win in a story that builds on the first two books of the EMViking Quest/EM series. In this novel, Bree arrives in Norway and is sent to work as a slave for the family of Mikkel, her Viking captor. She struggles to adjust, feeling worthless and disrespected, and wondering why God wants her in Norway. Her prayers are answered when she is ...more
Published June 1st 2004 by Moody Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Invisible Friend, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Invisible Friend

Rachel S.
Apr 26, 2008 Rachel S. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: any one
Recommended to Rachel by: my mom (lol)
I LOVE THIS BOOK!!!!

there is 2 more but they whernt on the search!
Meadow Frisbie
Dec 17, 2008 Meadow Frisbie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: midieval, mystery
When Bree is turned over to be a slave. She finds that her long lost sister might be on the island. And she finds out that she has an invisible friend, or is he/she invisible?
Hosanna
Jul 25, 2016 Hosanna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Invisible Friend is another wonderful book in the Viking Quest series! This is a captivating story for people of all ages.

Bree is a Irish lass, stolen away from her family by a viking raid. Now, living in Norway, she is faced with huge problems. As a slave, can she do what is required of her without losing hope? Will she ever see her family again? And is her sister, who was stolen away six years before, somewhere near by? Bree learns to trust in her invisible Friend. She shares the Gospel wi
Peter N.
This is the third book in the series and the one I liked the least. The plot was still good. However, now the author has essentially eliminated all the bad people by making them become good through the kindness of the main character. When Christian authors do this it drives me crazy. It removes all narrative tension. We will read the last two, but hopefully she brings in some bad guys to create real conflict.
Nikiandcory
Jan 24, 2014 Nikiandcory rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the third book in the series. This story continues be a page turner but it the story wraps up two of the main characters making you curious about what will happen to the last one.
Again, distinctly Christian, readers will be challenged in areas of contentment and the value of family. It could be read by itself but I highly recommend starting with book 1 so you can get the full enjoyment.
Priscilla
May 03, 2015 Priscilla rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childhood-books
I absolutely loved this book! I was thirteen when my friend lent me the series and I read all five book in a week and a half! :) I then got my Mum, Dad, older brother and 96 year old Grandma to read them. They liked them too. Just shows its a good series for a WIDE variety of ages! LOL :) But it aimed at pre-teens and teenagers. Full of fascinating history about Ireland, Norway, Iceland, Greenland and North America around the turn of the Millennium in 1000 AD. Awesome books!
Heather
One of my sons wants to learn more about Vikings so I ordered this series on a whim. Thus far I have really liked it. The characters are well-developed and strong. The action is not overwhelming or too intense. The Christian faith of the main characters helps to teach some great lessons that I'd like my boys to learn.

Overall a fun series and one I would readily allow my children to read (or read to them).
Lacey
Sep 28, 2014 Lacey rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bree is now in Norway and thinks that her sister might be here too. She too was taken captive and made a slave. Can she still trust in God to help her? Will she ever be home again? Will she ever see her family again? Can she trust Mikkel? The more books I read the more I have enjoyed the series.
Ashley Bowen
Jan 11, 2016 Ashley Bowen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite, t
This is an amazing book. The Viking Quest series is a christian nonforgettable series. I was sad when I read the last one. Now I wish there were more books.
Wow wow wow awesome series could not get any better. Too bad there is not a movie series about this. It would be great. Overall I think this is a series that everyone should read. Thank you Lois, I love these!
Arya
Jun 26, 2010 Arya rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Briana O'Toole has finally arrived at Mikkel's home. . . . and there is someone there waiting for her that she thought she would never see again. When her brother arrives with ransom money will they all be able to escape the Vikings?

Danger, faith and love collide in this intriguing story.
Karla M
I pre-read this book for my son's Viking unit study. I like the message of honoring one's word regardless of circumstances set agains the back drop of slave life in Norway. The author tastefully reminds the readers the Vikings aquisition of slaves during the raids, and the life of a slave.
Maiya
May 07, 2010 Maiya rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: recommendations
" I was SO addicted to these book series during our trip to Texas. I couldn't put them down, and once i almost got car sick form reading so much on the road! So here is some advise if you are going to start these book series, don't start them on the road! :)"
Hannah
I don't really understand Bree's hatred for Mikkel, but I've never been kidnapped and kept as a slave, so my lack of understanding means nothing.
I see why this series is so loved by my friends.
Rebecca
Great series for adolescent readers. I love the way the author has brought together a fascinating storyline and a powerful message about God's never failing love.
Kendra
I think this was the book we were half-way through before we moved (we moved the summer before 6th grade). I hope to finish it...eventually!
Hannah
Another of my favorites from the series!
Mom
Oct 31, 2010 Mom rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved all of these books
Jan 14, 2011 Hannah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of my favs!
Timothy FitzGerald
Timothy FitzGerald rated it really liked it
Sep 24, 2016
Bethany Hope
Bethany Hope rated it really liked it
Sep 24, 2016
A. P.
A. P. rated it really liked it
Sep 23, 2016
Mark
Mark rated it it was amazing
Sep 22, 2016
R.
R. added it
Sep 20, 2016
Dakota
Dakota marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2016
Kayley
Kayley rated it really liked it
Sep 05, 2016
Ingrid
Ingrid marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2016
Alexandria
Alexandria rated it really liked it
Aug 30, 2016
Devan Fleetwood
Devan Fleetwood rated it really liked it
Aug 30, 2016
Brynn Hovde
Brynn Hovde rated it really liked it
Aug 29, 2016
  • Sir Bentley and Holbrook Court (The Knights of Arrethtrae, #2)
  • The Red Keep: A Story of Burgundy in 1165
  • Hostage Lands (Heroes & History #1)
  • The Reb and the Redcoats
  • Madeleine Takes Command
  • A Father's Promise
  • Rainbow Garden
  • Dark Horse (Starlight Animal Rescue, #4)
  • A Knight of the White Cross
  • Isle of Swords (Isle of Swords, #1)

Viking Quest (5 books)
  • Raiders from the Sea (Viking Quest, #1)
  • Mystery of the Silver Coins (Viking Quest, #2)
  • Heart of Courage (Viking Quest, #4)
  • Raider's Promise (Viking Quest, #5)