Wild Desire (Wild, #2)

Wild Desire (Wild #2)

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  224 ratings  ·  37 reviews
First He Drove Her Mad
In what feels like a moment, Beatrice Edmund goes from being a proper lady cooped up in a stuffy Scottish castle to traveling miles from anything she's ever known, in the midst of the wildest adventure of her life. And at the center of that adventure is the most infuriating, puzzling scoundrel on earth. She cannot take her eyes off him.

Then He Drove H

Published March 1st 2011 by Zebra (first published January 1st 2011)

Laurie (Bitten by Romance)
Jan 23, 2011 Laurie (Bitten by Romance) rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: historical/paranormal reader
In all fairness I have to say this before you read my review. I read this 548 page book on my computer and I normally stick with novellas or a book around 300 pgs. So because of the length I am afraid it has affected my reading and reviewing of this book. I can only sit on my chair and read for so long then I am antsy and want to move on, so please keep this in my while reading this review.

Wild desire is a very dangerous sexy adventure set in India. I found the story fell in the middle for me....more
Blodeuedd Finland
i read this book a couple of months ago and finally, review time.Will try to make this old review into the new format ;)

Plot:
Leo and Ella, the couple we met in Wild Heart is back, well sort of back. They went to India in search of a statue, and answers. With them went Leo’s cousin Bea. The book starts with a bang, Bea in her room when a stranger appears, Ella’s cousin Colin. And they are in for a rocky start, she dislikes him and he thinks she is so English, all prim and proper. But soon they al...more
Belinda Boring
Once again, Lori Brighton has completely rocked my romance loving world; delivering a book that thrilled me with its action and dazzled me with the sexual tension between the leading couple. I honestly found myself panting and struggling to catch my breath through the entire book and it wasn’t just because the hero, Colin Fitch was irresistibly sexy in his cocky, self assured manner. Continuing the story from Wild Heart, WILD DESIRE took me on a rollercoaster ride that strongly resembled a histo...more
Julie
This is a historical paranormal romance book in which we start off with the stoic, prudish Englishwoman and an 'out of the gate' mishap with her being naked and a gorgeous man in her room. Wild Desire was a slow start for me. However, within a few chapters, I found myself warming to the characters and wondering where this story was going to go.

The characters are well developed and the plot interweaves the intrigue and mystery of finding statues that hold great power and the developing relationsh...more
April
WILD DESIRE by Lori Brighton is a witty,amazing historical romance with a touch of the supernatural set in 1857 India.The plot is well written and full of romance,suspense,
mystery,adventure,danger,betrayal,witty banter between the hero and heroine.The characters will capture your heart.They enchanting,engaging,full of passion and life.
While, Beatrice(Bea),a titled lady from England and Scotland, goes to India with her cousin and his wife she never in her wildest dreams expects to meet her true l...more
Kelly
Guys, I liked this book. A lot. I had read a short story set in this universe in Kiss Me, Kill Me (review) and I liked it enough to snap this one up when it briefly popped up as a free Kindle download.

So what made it so enjoyable? Well, that's a good question. I liked Bea. She has that whole moneyed lady thing going for her until you realize that she's led an isolated, lonely life. Colin was downright delectable. I always root for the man who busts in on a naked lady and gives her a good kissing...more
April
Free Kindle download. I really liked the unusual setting of India in this one, and it's a combination historical paranormal action romance, or whatever. I liked the amount of all those elements —it felt right, and the story was engaging. I even liked the characters, their personalities, their chemistry together, the balance of their strengths and weaknesses.

What I found frustrating, though, was that a lot of the mystery — they whys and wherefores of the hero chasing after the statue and all the...more
Emily
This was a free download for nook. I have to say I'm not a big fan of "sexy time" romances. Generally, they are firmly in my "guilty pleasure/quick time-killer" column, and when I do read them, I usually don't find them worth reviewing or sharing. However, this book had a really interesting story line. It is historical fiction, takes place in India, and has some great elements of adventure and supernatural (which I don't believe was even hinted at in the book's description.) With a little more b...more
Kat
Mar 19, 2011 Kat added it
I have to be perfectly honest..this book really sucked. I read it all in one day hoping and praying that it would get better. And it never did. i would strongly recommend that you not waste your time..
Nancy Bennett
This is a second book of a series, but since I didn't pay attention to the description when I picked it from my list on the Kindle I did not know that when I started. I enjoyed the book, but I think -- for me -- there was a little bit of back story that was missing. Even with that, the it would still qualify as a stand-alone story that I really enjoyed. The writing was tight, the characters were developed and likable, and the plot moved along at a crisp pace. I do think it went on too long and t...more
Isalys
*Note: Read and reviewed for The Season for Romance.

Bea had spent far too much of her life secluded in a castle in Scotland with her cantankerous, old grandmother. She craved some sort of adventure that would take her far away from this place. Her cousin Leo and his new wife offered to take her with them to India. This would be the perfect opportunity to spread her wings. They would be staying with Ella’s cousin who is an American, but how bad could he really be?

Colin knew to expect his cousin,...more
Cataluna6
This review was originally posted on my blog and has bee edited slightly.

This was the second book in the series, I hadn’t read the first when I started this, but while I’m sure it would’ve filled in more of the background of the story, Wild Desire was okay as a standalone read. That being said, I’m now going to go back and read the first one, (Wild Heart).

This was a lot of fun, kind of what you might get if you crossed Indiana Jones with a romance novel. Lots of swashbuckling adventure and swoon...more
Colette

Lori Brightons historical romances take me to another time and place, and Wild Desire was no execption. I loved the setting in India and it was just a great read. This was also my Friday Reads for the week of March 18th. :)

Beatrice Edmund doesn't know what possessed her to accompy her cousin Leo and his wife Ella (whom we met in Wild Desire) to India to visit Ella's cousin Colin Finch. She's really not sure what to make of Colin. They meet for the first time when he bursts into her room, drunk t...more
Nikki Brandyberry
Wild Desire is Lori’s sequel to Wild Heart. It’s a historical romance with a hint of paranormal. The story centers around Colin, who we met in the first book) and Bea.

Colin stumbles into his room in a drunken stupor only to find a naked, cold Bea standing there. The attraction is immediate for Colin, though he wishes it wasn’t. He’s not looking for a woman. Definitely not a sheltered, rich Englishwoman who reminds him of his cold-hearted ex-fiance. Bea couldn’t agree more. She wants nothing to d...more
Kera88
When I first began reading "Wild Desire" i thought it would just be another easy to read historical romance novel, which I do usually love. I was however greatly surprised as I read farther into the book to find it was not just another opposites attracts romance, but had a surprising story line. I have not read "Wild Heart" the book before this one, but I soon will be reading that book as well.
The description on the back of this book does not even begin to give a hint to the main plot line, wh...more
Danyel McDaniel
After the adventures of Leo and Ella in Wild Heart, I was pleasantly surprised when this fast paced, Indiana Jones-esque story took me on a journey through India and at times I swore I was in the bug infested jungles with Colin and Bea. Lori Brighton does romance like no other. I love the paranormal aspects to the Wild Series which is historical as well.

I have to wonder if there will be more books in this series after the short story, Wild Passion, if not I will have to resort to begging and ple...more
Elizabeth Caskey
I actually quite enjoyed this book. Another free Kindle offering and I wasn't expecting much since Amazon reviewers seemed to hate Bea for being weak and stupid. I didn't find her weak or stupid at all. She was a bit naive and had, at times, a "lalalala can't hear you" approach to the paranormal bits but it made sense in the book that she behaved that way. She was brave and strong when it counted and she didn't give Colin an inch when it came to what she wanted.
Book Him Danno
I liked this book, I enjoy thriller/mystery/romance type books, I hate the cover and I'm glad I was reading it on my Kindle.
A bit of sex near the end and lots of almost sex in the rest. I think I will be reading this author again now that I realize this is book two in a series. I will be passing this book along to friends now that I'm finished.
Kellianne Stevens
I have really mixed feelings about this book. I pretty much liked the characters of Bea and Colin. The story was fairly interesting. BUT it came across like a bad Indiana Jones movie. They were constantly on the move. The pace was rather frantic. They didn't seem to have time to really build a relationship. I felt somewhat emotionally manipulated.
Lola4
This was a fun little escapist romance. Actually it was a fun little parody of an escapist romance, with every cliche of the genre thrown into the mix--kind of like an Indiana Jones or Romancing the Stone movie. I could easily imagine Kathleen Turner's Joan Wilder character writing this book, except nobody got their Bible stolen.
Highland-dreamer
Christel Grady
Despite some formatting issues with the kindle version this is a great free read from an author I first read as part of the kiss me, kill me anthology. I'm not normally a fan of romance, but it seemed like a good escape from reality. Plus, it encompassed a bit of the paranormal aspects that I adore.
Harris Channing
Wild Desire was a joy to read. I am a fan of Ms. Brighton and this story did not disappoint. It is filled with passion, magic, adventure and romance. If you like historical romances, this is a book you want. If you like paranormal romances, again, this is a book you want.
Angela James
Have no idea how this book ended up on my Kindle, but I accidentally pressed to open it when I was going through the books on my Kindle and ended up reading it. It was okay for me, not the best book I read during my 2-week trip overseas, but still diverting.
Charlene
Fabulous historical romance with hints of paranormal, myth, and mystery. And of course, a hunky, take-charge kind of guy. I read this (book #2) out of order, so I will head back and read book #1 and then to book #3.
Dijea
Good, but not great. Read it in two days but I think it was missing part of the story. Powers were unexplained and the reasons why things happened were never explained either. But the romance was spot on.
Lesli
Good story, sort of strange and confusing if you don't read the first book. well worth the couple of hours I spent reading it. Not enough to read the other books in the series.
Ashley
3.5 stars. Kindle kreebie. I didn't realize this was a sequel but I caught up pretty quick anyway. It was a humorous romance with a little paranormal ability thrown in.
Cassandra
Raiders of the Lost Ark meets the DaVinci Code! Great action, mystery, suspense and romance!
Upcoming book from Lori Brighton 1 9 Sep 12, 2010 01:05PM
  • Swept Away
  • Gemini Moon
  • Big Girls Don't Die (In the Heat of the Night, Book 2)
  • Truth and Consequences (Hearts of the South, #1)
  • No Fear
  • Texas Hold Him
  • A Knight to Remember (Blood Sword Legacy, #3.5)
  • The Pursuit of Pleasure (Dartmouth Brides, #1)
  • Nate (Devils on Horseback,  #1)
  • The Tempest: A Gisborne Novel
  • Larkspur (Flowers of Camelot #5)
  • Marry Me (Reidsville, #2)
  • Second Sight Dating
  • A Hint of Rapture
  • The Wild Sight
  • Grave Illusions (Jess Vandermire, #1)
  • The Deadliest Sin
  • Treasure Me (The Legend Hunters, #3)
2919562
As a child, thoughts of far-off places and adventure consistently kept Lori up late at night. After graduating high school, she came to the conclusion that there was no better way to seek adventure and nourish her love of history than to become an archaeologist. She went on to receive a degree in anthropology, but digging in the dirt during humid Midwestern summers wasn’t exactly as fun as she tho...more
More about Lori Brighton...
The Mind Readers (Mind Readers, #1) The Mind Thieves (Mind Readers, #2) The Mind Games (Mind Readers, #3) The Ghost Hunter (The Hunter, #1) To Seduce an Earl (Seduction, #1)