Start by marking “My Dirty Shiny Life” as Want to Read:
My Dirty Shiny Life

My Dirty Shiny Life

3.39 of 5 stars 3.39  ·  rating details  ·  23 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Comedian and writer Lily Bragge knows what it is to be a user and a taker, a liar, cheat and thief. It wasn't until she had lost everything - custody of her son, her friends, her career, her possessions and , almost, her sanity - that she was able to gain some kind of understanding of herself and rebuild her life from a blank, empty slate.

In My Dirty Shiny Life, she traces
Published June 28th 2010 by Viking (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about My Dirty Shiny Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Dirty Shiny Life

Gisela
A very easy, entertaining and refreshingly honest "boots and all" memoir by a woman who has been through the mill on a number of fronts: abusive, violent father, dysfunctional relationships, drugs of every kind to salvation from unexpected quarters (I won't spoil the ending by being too specific).

Like Jesse Fink in "Laid Bare", Lily's life of apparent dissolution and going off the rails ends up providing rays of sunlight and insight, that would give hope and encouragement to others who have bee
Larissa
Would have given 4 stars but she went all God-crazy in the last few chapters and that kind of killed it for me. Seems she just replaced one form of addiction with another and whilst addiction to Christ is obviously not hurting people like her drug and alcohol addictions did, it's still pretty cringe-worthy. Nevertheless, kudos for an honest, warts-and-all account of her life thus far.
Hayley
Started off very easy to read and a bit of a page turner but then everything turned to drugs, got weird and story seemed to lose the plot a little bit, lost direction and got a bit repetitive and boring. Guess it's a good demonstration of what drugs really do to peoples lives.
Ally Marshall
Truth told with good humour.
The book is well written and easy to read as the author takes you on the roller coster ride of her life, laughing and crying all the way.
Raquel
Severely depressing books are not for me.
Jenniferpittorino
Jenniferpittorino marked it as to-read
May 02, 2015
Rachie
Rachie added it
Mar 15, 2015
Erin
Erin added it
Dec 05, 2014
Emma
Emma marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2014
Stuart Andrews
Stuart Andrews marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2014
Sophie
Sophie added it
Apr 25, 2013
Cat
Cat added it
Mar 09, 2013
Melissa Gray
Melissa Gray marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2013
Maebi Yu
Maebi Yu marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2013