Start by marking “White Out” as Want to Read:
White Out

White Out

As an environmental scientist, Cameron Phelps heads to Antarctica for six months to do the research of a lifetime. Examining ice cores and tracking carbon dioxide levels, he can work on a cause close to his heart, global warming, and finally put into practice all his years of hard work in the classroom. But that isn’t the only reason he’s heading miles from home to the col ...more
Published August 15th 2010 by Amber Allure (first published August 11th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about White Out, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about White Out

Leaundra
Aug 23, 2010 Leaundra rated it it was amazing
A short and sweet story. I really enjoyed it. I would have loved if it was longer though:-)
Alina
Sep 01, 2012 Alina rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book!
Both Cam and Ryan are great and I loved the unusual setting of the story. Great read!
The only little niggle I have that in my opinion the flashbacks with Avery took too long and weren't actualy necessary for the story, especially the sex one. I'd rather read more about Ryan :)
Heller
Aug 02, 2012 Heller rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, contemporary
What fascinated me about this book was the setting of Antartica, sadly though this wasn't touched on as much as I would have liked.

Cameron got screwed over by his lover Avery. There was a lot of time spent on Avery in this story, maybe a bit too much for me. He may have started out okay but by his last scene was a dick. Still he and Cam were together for a few years so when Cam goes to Antartica he falls pretty quickly for Ryan.

I know this had a lot to do with the length of the story which is
Amber
Mar 30, 2014 Amber rated it liked it
Shelves: forgettable
There isn't anything bad about this book but there isn't anything mindblowing either. It is a short fairly sweet romance book. Since it isn't very long and there isn't a lot of depth. Part of the book sets up Cam's nasty breakup cutting out time that probably would have been better served focusing on Cam and Ryan's relationship. Since the book is in first person we don't get a lot of perspective on Ryan and most of the time they spend together is in bed. Because of this we don't get alot of hist ...more
Ms. Nikki
2.50 STARS

A little better than "okay". The beginning really showed the writers skill (especially the flashbacks with Avery). But then it kind of fell off. The more I read about Cam, the less I liked the story. He seems really needy and emotional. I like to read about men made of sterner stuff. A short, sweet read that kept my attention.
Shannon
Aug 09, 2013 Shannon rated it liked it
Cute, short little read about a guy who gets crushed by his ex so he heads off to do research in Antarctica. I didn't feel a whole lot of "deep" love the two mcs supposedly had for eachother but I think that was due to the shortness of the book. At lteast I hope that was it. Either way it was entertaining.
Chris
Dec 11, 2010 Chris rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, gay, done, 2010, ebook
Ok short m/m romance about a researcher, escaping a broken heart and swearing not to fall in love again, who takes a six-month research position in Antarctica to get away from memories of his ex. (Still haven't figured out the title, as it didn't seem to relate to anything in the book other than Antarctica being cold and snowy.)
Cee Brown
Nov 14, 2011 Cee Brown rated it really liked it
The easiest way to get over heartache is to head to Antarctica... yeah right. But that's what happens and it was a good run. Was hoping for a longer story, but the guys were quickwitted and to the point. Ms. Champa did a good job on this piece.
jules0623
I would have liked a little less Avery and a little more Cam/Ryan development. I didn't really feel the sparks between them.
Meggie
Oct 31, 2011 Meggie rated it liked it
The story was interesting and the couple, too. But it's to short and the story complication is just to shallow.
Swilde
Swilde rated it it was amazing
Jan 27, 2012
Debra Jenkins
Debra Jenkins rated it really liked it
Nov 16, 2011
Tamarrion Lash
Tamarrion Lash rated it it was ok
Nov 22, 2011
Lea
Lea rated it liked it
Aug 24, 2010
Gabrielle Elliot
Gabrielle Elliot rated it liked it
Dec 21, 2011
Juju
Juju rated it it was ok
Oct 18, 2016
Gabi
Gabi rated it really liked it
Sep 06, 2010
Roberta Williams
Roberta Williams rated it really liked it
Jul 11, 2011
Cole Riann
Jun 19, 2011 Cole Riann rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m-contemporary, m-m
Ter
Ter rated it really liked it
Aug 23, 2010
Tk
Tk rated it really liked it
Aug 30, 2011
Cait Miller
Cait Miller rated it really liked it
Sep 05, 2010
Tina
Tina rated it it was ok
Jun 30, 2013
Dolors
Dolors rated it liked it
Dec 20, 2010
M
M rated it liked it
Jan 02, 2012
Kristin
Kristin rated it liked it
Sep 13, 2013
Verity
Verity rated it liked it
Nov 07, 2014
Tarsha
Tarsha rated it it was ok
Oct 25, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Heidi Champa is a typical last-born child. Snarky, attention-seeking and rebellious, she started to create dirty stories to keep herself out of real trouble. Having tried her hand at a million terrible jobs, she bought herself a laptop and finally started typing up those handwritten tales. After much deliberation, she started to let other people read her work.

In addition to her flare with the wri
More about Heidi Champa...