Starfire (Demon Slayers, #3)

Starfire (DemonSlayers #3)

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  200 ratings  ·  26 reviews
The women of Lemuria are still in chains. The daughter of an enslaved warrior, brutally attacked by a vicious guard, Selyn has survived--barely. Beaten and terrified, she must overcome her fear and trust her life to the only man who can help her: Dawson Buck, one from Earth who has crossed through the portal, a gifted healer. His skills and knowledge renew her body and str...more
Published April 5th 2011 by Zebra (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Starfire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Starfire

Amy Jacobs
I admit to being addicted to this series. The characters are great and the writing is wonderful! This is a great series for the paranormal lover!As a matter of fact, fans of UF would love this series as well with this new book in The Demonslayers series.

While the romance is not as heated as I like it between the two main characters, their is a special connection that the two have that keeps the reader interested. I loved the angst and personalities of both and the story was great! At times, the...more
Karla(Book Addict)
Apr 08, 2013 Karla(Book Addict) rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: PNR fans ADULT
Recommended to Karla(Book Addict) by: Nicole Marie
deleting reviews if you want to take a look at them you can do so on my blog, link on my profile
Linda
Selyn, One Of The Forgotten Ones, That Was Born Into Slavery Sneaked Through The Caverns Fearing For Her Safety As She Agreed To Meet Roland, A Trusted Lemurian Guard Who Was No Where Even Close To The Brutal Guards That Had Abused Her And Her Fellow Sisters As Well As Their Warrior Mothers That Lived And Died With Being Enslaved And Raped. When Roland Found Out It Was True That There Were Slaves Secretly Kept In A Society That Claimed To Hate Injustice He Agreed To Help Them Finally Get Free Af...more
Dark Faerie Tales
Review Courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales

Quick & Dirty: A novel of adversity overcome, and of happiness found. Oh and there are some demons, and witches and magic swords in there too.

Opening Sentence: The steady drip, drip, drip and the soft hum of overtaxed air purifiers were the only sounds Selyn heard as she cautiously pushed herself away from the cavern wall and moved silently through the darkness to the sleeping quarters.

The Review:

In the world of Lemuria, the battle against demon kind still...more
Laura Young
StarFire (DemonSlayers #3)by Kate Douglas. Paranormal Romance. 4/5 star because it just didn't feel like that deep of a book compared to the last books.

Selyn and Dawson Buck are the main characters in this book along with a few chapters in other characters point of views. To me it seemed like there was a lot more switching characters then the other books.
The story was mainly about all the characterless trying to find the Demon King, freeing the Lemurian pe...more
J
The third in the Demonslayers series, Starfire gave us a great story of love, redemption and revenge.

Selyn is one of the Forgotten Ones, a whole class of female warriors who were the reason why the Lemurians were so successful in wars past. Now, they are tossed aside and left to become miners... Essentially forgotten by the Lemurians who consider themselves "upper class". However, the Forgotten Ones haven't forgotten, nor have they forgiven.

Dawson is a really cool man who brings his compassion a...more
Habrewer
Starfire - Kate Douglas
* I received this ARC/book free from the author in exchange for an honest review*

Starfire is the third full length novel in the Demonslayer series and it picks up where Crystal Dreams left off. Selyn is found near death in the caverns after she is brutally beaten by one of the guards. Roland, carrier of crystal gets her help in the form of a local vet in the Earth Dimension, Dawson Buck.

Dawson has been helping Alton, Ginny, Dax & Eddy in their fight against demons. He...more
Samantha
Kate Douglas brings her newest addition to her Demonslayer series to full steam. This story will pull readers in and leaves them satisfied.

I have to say that I don’t particularly like reading books out of sequence. Sometimes an author doesn’t give enough background information to get an idea of what had occurred in prior books. With that being said, I had to go back a bit to understand the world building. Douglas does write in a way that flows and makes the readers know what happened prior to th...more
ൠSinful
seemed a tad more UF than PNR. I get that each book has a HEA for a couple but the Sci Fi Adventure dominated the book. It was around 100 pages before the first chaste kiss. No lusting on her part. I guess the lack of ROMANCE dominating the book made it seem more UF with PNR back up.

I didn't read book 1 or 2. I think I would have enjoyed it more if I had. I found the world and people very confusing, spending much of my time trying to figure out what was going on and put puzzle pieces together ra...more
CoffeeTimeRomance andMore
The evil that has infiltrated the Lemurian race is as powerful as ever in this fourth installment of The Demon Slayer series, and the heroes just keep getting better and better. Daws’ character is an average guy on the outside, but with a heart the size of a mountain, he is more of a hero than any woman could hope for. He can be sweet and silly, but those sexy eyes say it all, and Selyn knows how good she has got it. I would very much recommend reading about all of these fabulous couples in the...more
Emma
The story line is improving, and Douglas has attempted to clear up/address some of the issues that came from the previous two books. some parts are still quite clunky though.

One aspect that was annoying was the whole Mari/Darius relationship. These are secondary, but important characters in the plot of this book; however, their introduction and the development of their relationship occurred in a separate short story published elsewhere. If the reader is not aware of this, they are left somewhat...more
Jenny Delandro
There are a dizzying amount story lines in this book , all related to fighting demons... but as the demons spread to different areas of earth, there are new fighters coming up to keep the balance.

Palidins, former slaves and wardens are fighting together

Dawson (the vet) has received crystal and the love a a good woman..

Darius, a guard gifted crystal from Eddy, has found a witch in Evergreen who has found a new way to fight demons.

Alton's grandfather is released from captivity - placed there by A...more
Kylie
Apr 07, 2012 Kylie rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Kylie by: Kate Douglas
First off i have to say that i have not read the rest of the series, it is very unlike me to jump the gun but, I am so glad i did! Though there were a few things that pulled me up and made me wish i knew more, it was a fantastic read. I felt as though i was right there along side Dawson and Selyn in there epic adventure to save not only her world but Earth and Atlantis. I will be buying the first books of the series for sure. :)
Paraphrodite
This book is definitely a lot more action-packed than Hellfire. Some may quibble about the romance elements but I believe it makes sense in the overall scheme of things.

A couple of characters cropped up in this book that weren't mentioned at all in the previous books and it looks like their story was told in the anthology Nocturnal that I now need to hunt up and read!
Kim
This was much better that I thought. It did take me longer to get into it but that was more to do with trying to remember what happened in the last 2 books. But still good non the less. But this series you do have to start from book one and then go through, you can not just pick one up and for it to be good. These book I find they build on eachother.
Victoria
I really enjoyed this addition to The Demonslayer series. This book definitely advanced the overall storyline, and I look forward to the next and final book in this series.
Cher
Phenomenally simple story dragged out over 400 pages; characters so simplistic they seem like children. Started intriguingly, but became very re
petitive and dull fairly quickly.
Ju
I loved it. It was very exciting, romantic and different. A great read and I need to read the previous two in the series now.
Stacy McKitrick
Dang! The series isn't finished yet!!! Gotta find #4.
Amber
Not quite as good as the first 2 in the series.
Nicole
Another by Kate the Great! A must read PNR series
Moira
Love this series, hope that it will continue.
Misty Gee
Misty Gee marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2014
Janell
Janell added it
Aug 09, 2014
Chanku Pack: DemonSlayers 15 14 Dec 30, 2012 08:37AM
  • Fledgling (Tri-Realms Saga, #2)
  • Nocturnal
  • Shooting Stars (A Surah Stormsong Novel, #1)
  • Her Dark Destiny (Hunters of the Dark, #1)
  • Awakening the Nightmare (Symmetria #1)
  • The Last Princess (Pack Seduction, #3)
  • Night of the Dragon (Berserker Mate's, #1)
  • Deceiving the Witch Next Door
  • His Dark Bond (Fallen, #2)
  • Succubus Lost (From the Files of the Otherworlder Enforcement Agency, #2)
  • Red Mortal (Gods of Midnight, #4)
  • A Devil Named Desire (The Devil's Bargain #2)
  • Blood and Silver (Deacon Chalk: Occult Bounty Hunter, #2)
  • Night Thief (Night, #0.5)
  • Waiting for Mercy (Cambion, #2)
  • Demon (The Fallen, #2)
  • Vowed in Shadows (Marked Souls, #3)
  • Dark Matter (Elemental Enmity, #2)
Some people just seem to know they are meant to write, but it can still take a while to figure out exactly what their career will entail. Kate Douglas started out writing radio copy for a country western radio station in 1972, wrote and illustrated an educational cartoon strip for the American Mosquito Control Association for a number of years, was a newspaper reporter for a small town weekly wher...more
More about Kate Douglas...
Wolf Tales (Wolf Tales #1) Wolf Tales II  (Wolf Tales #2) Wolf Tales III (Wolf Tales #3) Wolf Tales IV (Wolf Tales #4) Wolf Tales V (Wolf Tales #5)