Start by marking “Lift Your Voice” as Want to Read:
Lift Your Voice

Lift Your Voice

Brandon McCollugh returns home after a road-side bomb ends his military career and takes his lower left leg. For him, learning to walk again is accompanied by trying to find a purpose in life. A job with the local landscaper, however, planting flowers and getting dirty, helps Bran rebuild his confidence, and meeting music teacher Donald Frost opens possibilities for a ...more
Published August 22nd 2010 by Amber Allure (first published August 19th 2010)

Lily
Sep 13, 2010 Lily rated it really liked it

After a roadside bomb ends his military career Brandon McCollugh returns to his hometown and the comfort of his mother's house. Accompanying her to church one Sunday he meets Don, the Pastor's handsome nephew. The two men quickly form a friendship that over time becomes much more.

Lift Your Voice is a well-written story with protagonists that were interesting and likable. I especially liked the character of Brandon. He's a career military man who suddenly faces an uncertain future but ne
Vicktor Alexander
Nov 04, 2011 Vicktor Alexander rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: M/M Romance Group, Everyone
I really, REALLY loved this story. I think it's because I identified with both Brandon and Don. I was put in a wheelchair and given a cane after an accident with a weapon ended my military career and I understood Brandon's fight to return to a life as normal as he could make it. The desire to still be useful, to not be pitied, but to still have people show compassion, most of all, that desire, that NEED to find someone who will love you in spite of your physical limitations. As far as Don, I ...more
Ami
Jan 14, 2011 Ami rated it liked it
While lacking of emotional conflict -- the relationship is pretty smooth due to accepting adults (a mother in Bran's case and an uncle in Don's) and seems welcoming townspeople; Bran and Don do not really show internal conflict as well, even if T.A. Chase clues in on Bran's PTSD or worry of his scar/stump or Don being a virgin and a bit shy. It doesn't really show, the boys are (in my opinion) going into their relationship pretty easy.

BUT, I think both characters are wonderful. I can ea
Jess Candela
3.5 stars. This was a perfectly good story, and I liked it, but it somehow came across as more amateurish than I expect from TA Chase. I usually like her books, and I liked this one, but it wasn't up to the standard I've come to expect of her.

I can't point to exactly what gave me that impression, something to do with some of the word choices, I think. What was revealed, when, and how. Or something like that. That narrows it down, right? ;)

I just know that several times I found myself rolling my
Alina
Oct 18, 2011 Alina rated it it was amazing
Very sweet and heartwarming story! I loved it :)
Both Brandon and Danald are really strong, brave and I loved how perfectly they fit together.
Elisa Rolle
Lift Your Voice is maybe a too optimistic novella, very much about good feelings and pink glasses perspective, but it’s also a nice and comfortable story that warms your heart.

It’s about two men, with different, tragic experiences in their past, but both of them managed to make a new life, and now they are ready to love. Brandon is a former soldier who had his leg amputated after he was involved in a bomb explosion in Iraq, and with the loss of his leg he lost also his plans for his future. Bra
Wendy Ann
This story is heartwarming and pretty much conflict free. It’s the type of book to read when you need a pick-me-up or something that leaves you feeling warm and fuzzy. I love reading about characters who have struggled in life but ultimately find that someone who makes them feel special and cherished no matter what. You won’t go wrong reading about Don and Brandon’s story!
Brenda (b)
The first word that pops into my mind after reading this book is nice. It was a nice story and the characters were nice. I liked it but I felt as if there was just a little something missing. There were also a couple of places where it seemed like the scene skipped a bit. Otherwise, it was a sweet story, no big conflicts or controversies involved.
Mandy*reads obsessively*
This story has 2 MC's with quite a bit of baggage. Bran is recovering from a roadside bomb taking his leg and PTSD, and Don was kicked out of his family for being gay.
I really wanted to love this story, because hey,I love baggage! :)
I liked it, but didn't love it!
It was just a bit too good to be true!
Snowtulip
Dec 29, 2011 Snowtulip rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
Sometimes I love to read stories in which two characters that have difficulties in life actually find love and happiness. This is one of those times that it just made me feel like I cuddled into a warm blanket. Short, sweet, happy read.
Anna
Aug 11, 2012 Anna rated it liked it
Bran comes home fron the war with one leg less, when he follows his mother to church he hears a beautiful voice, Dons voice.
Cherie Noel
Nov 09, 2010 Cherie Noel rated it it was amazing
I am so thankful that TA Chase chose to become a writer. Books like this one, sweet and sexy, smart and strong--they just need to be written. Bravo TA.
Brenda Maldonado
Feb 21, 2011 Brenda Maldonado rated it really liked it
A short"ish" story that was sweet, hot and satisfying. The perfect read before bedtime.

There was some insta-love going on, but I kind of liked it!
Marsha Spence
Jan 20, 2011 Marsha Spence rated it it was amazing
This was the first TA Chase story I read and loved it. It was well written and I love how the relationship was handled.
Ana
May 04, 2014 Ana rated it liked it
Birte
Apr 07, 2013 Birte rated it liked it
This was just too sweet and schmaltzy for my taste. Sure this is a romance novel, but a little more depth would have been nice
Jayded
Oct 25, 2014 Jayded rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m-read
Overall I enjoyed this book, I think really, my only issue with it was it was too short to deal properly with the issues introduced.
Sophie
Sophie rated it really liked it
Nov 14, 2010
Lucy
Lucy rated it liked it
Sep 18, 2010
Areader
Areader rated it liked it
Mar 05, 2012
Anvesha
Anvesha rated it it was ok
Oct 16, 2011
Aeryn Jaden
Aeryn Jaden rated it it was ok
Apr 29, 2011
Jenny
Jenny rated it it was amazing
Jan 05, 2013
Ana_P
Ana_P rated it it was ok
Mar 11, 2014
Jessica
Jessica rated it really liked it
Oct 06, 2010
Alexandra
Alexandra rated it liked it
Apr 02, 2016
Sabellah
Sabellah rated it really liked it
Mar 29, 2011
SH65
SH65 rated it liked it
Nov 04, 2016
Maria
Maria rated it really liked it
Sep 08, 2014
Katie
Katie rated it liked it
Apr 02, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Sam's Reviews
  • Pieces
  • The One That Broke Free  (One and One, #4)
  • The Truth About Al
  • A Realistic Romance
  • A Wealth of Unsaid Words
  • New Legs, New Year (a Hammer story)
  • Raven's Mark (Sandpipers, #2)
  • Love, Jamie (Love, #1)
  • Wheels
  • The Delaneys And Me (The Delaneys, #1)
  • Cordially Invited (Pushing the Envelope, #5)
  • The Haunting of St. Xavier
  • Something Shattered
  • Sex, Lies and Edelweiss
  • How the Other Half Lives
  • Shell Shocked
  • Heart Doctor (City Hospital, #1)
There is beauty in every kind of love, so why not live a life without boundaries? Experiencing everything the world offers fascinates me and writing about the things that make each of us unique is how I share those insights. I live in the Midwest with a wonderful partner of thirteen years. When not writing, I’m watching movies, reading and living life to the fullest.
More about T.A. Chase...