Quantum Healing: Exploring the Frontiers of Mind Body Medicine

Quantum Healing: Exploring the Frontiers of Mind Body Medicine

4.09 of 5 stars 4.09  ·  rating details  ·  2,765 ratings  ·  78 reviews
Here is an extraordinary new approach to healing by an extraordinary physician-writer -- a book filled with the mystery, wonder, and hope of people who have experienced seemingly miraculous recoveries from cancer and other serious illnesses.

Dr. Deepak Chopra, a respected New England endocrinologist, began his search for answers when he saw patients in his own practice who...more
Published November 18th 2009 by Bantam (first published 1989)

Marie-Jo Fortis

Deepak Chopra is an endocrinologist who starts doubting the supremacy of the western approach to medicine. That doesn’t mean he denies his training altogether. But he cannot forget his Indian roots, either. In fact, when he finds out that mind and body are able to cure a person if they work together, or kill her if they work against each other, he returns to the traditional Indian medical approach that they call Ayurveda.

Ayurveda means “the knowledge for long life” in Sanskrit. Because it com...more
Michael Poeltl
A super book that explains the science behind the seemingly magical ability to heal yourself with your mind, your thoughts and feelings. Truly insprirational reading. If you're into science, spirituality, or both, you will very much enjoy this book. If you're struggling with a desease, this line of thought is definately worth a try. Lots of case studies inclulded.
Lydia
This book blew my mind like 10,000 times!
Srividhya R
Jun 05, 2013 Srividhya R rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Patients
n this book, Deepak Chopra narrates about the killer disease "Cancer/Tumor" and how it affects the people's perception about the world once they are caught by this deadly disease. He aims at shifting the mind of the reader, so they can believe that any chronic illness in their body can be healed. Completely, without traces.

He narrates about the peculiar cases, where some patients had banished this deadly disease from their body miraculously. He initiates this powerful belief in the reader's mind...more
Amy
I'll preface this review by telling you that I have a bone spur on my left heel, and related plantar fasciitis, and I've had pain when walking/running for the better part of this last year. I have tried stretching, and some very expensive prescription orthotic inserts. I have been very frustrated with how slow the healing process has been. My husband loaned me this book as a possible alternative solution.

Deepak Chopra may be commonly known as more of a "woo woo" spiritual author, but he is also...more
Stephanie
This was a great book. It really is fascinating how our bodies naturally rejuvenate and heal. We have a new liver every 6 weeks; how neat is that! Our minds are such powerful tools and I believe influence our bodies... there is a disconnection and connection between the two and the way we think about things, like illness, the more we will see it in our lives. It's like the person who wakes up in the morning and stubs their toe, then spills their morning coffee, and the person starts focusing on...more
Karen
pg.265
"The vital issue is not how to win the war but how to keep peace in the first place."
(This is written in the context of the immune system, but equally applicable out-of-context.)
John
Parsimony
Placebo Effect

Too painful for me to explain here. If you believe in this stuff do so after you look up the two terms
Donna
Every now and then, I have an attack of optimism that convinces me that now, at long last, I'll have time to spend an hour or so every day improving my Spanish skills. The reality is, that'll happen when I retire from my day job--at which point I'll no longer need to have conversations with Spanish-speaking families.

But lack of time is not really what bogged me down in reading Quantum Healing. It was the repetition of the same idea, over and over again--basically, a rather new-age version of "mi...more
Jess Holdstock
Inspirational, mind expanding and really interesting look at the boundary between the body and the mind. For anyone who has experienced the limitations of modern medicine, this is a great exploration of what where medicine finishes and the power of spirituality and the quantum universe picks up.
Jessica
Oct 21, 2008 Jessica rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: spiritually aware people, especially physicians
Overall, I enjoyed this book. I do wish he would have referenced his assertions so that more research could be done by the reader, however. I also found that some of the assertions were loosely strung together and were not the easiest to follow. I do appreciate any effort to break through into the mystery of this realm of "quantum healing" and appreciate the opportunity to read more about Dr. Chopra's beliefs about it. The one failing of the viewpoint that Doctor Chopra takes in this book, in my...more
Wilma Reiber
So many examples from scientific and other experiments in this book show that there is much more to life than the physical body. Our belief (whatever that is and wherever it is located) affects our physical body.
Today, after so many books have been written and so many discoveries have been made, Quantum Healing appears very basic and 'old news'. But it is still fascinating to read about the grown elephant who is tied up with a flimsy rope. Because he had learned as a young elephant that the rop...more
H.L. Balcomb
A good read, especially that it is written from a medical doctor's perspective - with practical breakdowns and explanations. Ultimately, I left the book with a great appreciation for the human body, as an instrument of healing and vehicle for obtaining abundance through knowledge empowerment.
Lisa
This book is totally mind expanding. It goes into the quantum physics of healing. Ultimately Deepak means that the more bliss we are able to experience on a daily basis, the more we increase our health and our chances for doing "the quantum leap" ie going from being ill into complete health. It is the most inspirational and motivational book on why it is so important for us all to meditate on a regular basis. Fascinating read....more
Stardust
Everybody needs to learn about Quantum Physics. It should be taught in high school along with chemistry and biology. Deepak Chopra is a wonderful teacher of our times. In simple language he explains how scientifically we are all One. He brings proves personal power with physical facts. Although his works would fall into the woo woo shelf, he would be the most down to earth author on the shelf.
HebatALLAH
This book adds gives an opportunity to break down our rigid understanding of healing and medicine. It provides a new perspective and hope to how healing in the future may be safer than our modern time.
Quantum Healing, could also be Pranic Healing, Healing through Energy and though needs more scientific evidence to its efficiency, it is a very promising field, and I do wish to learn more about it.
Kevin Sterling
One of the first and best books about the mind-body connection and how our health and well-being are inextricably tied to our thoughts, emotions and beliefs. These concepts are not just critical for those struggling with serious illness. They help all of us understand how to live healthy, happy, energetic lives.
Dan
Quantum Healing is the ability of the mind to spontaneously correct the mistakes of the body. Your body knows how to heal it cut, it knows how to heal everything if we can connect to it properly.
The body is the metabolic end product of our thoughts, perceptions and experiences.
Maarten Koller
Whoa! There is so much bullshit in here! Don't know where to start. If you think you have learned something from this book, write one or two things down and ask a local expert about the subject. Then tell him what you 'learned' in this book about it, prepare to be laughed at!
Stephanie Rude
Rather interesting, though I do think that one should do a bit more research before they sign up to learn TM or anything. I do TM, and it does work wonders, but it is more than meditation, and one should be willing to acknowledge that prior to beginning the practice.
Nancy Monson
This book should be a staple in everyone's library. Great discussion of the mind/body connection with enough scientific support to make even scoffers take note. You cannot read this book and not wonder what we are truly made of.
Sara
this book is amazing and potentially life altering. I love that it teaches the benefits of meditation in a tangible way, you can actually alter your chemical make-up(DNA) by spending time in the "Gap"
Dan
It is hard to dispute that we don't know the secret of life itself. Hence, it is possible that you can heal yourself with this ineffable will. However, the book is a little short on the nuts and bolts of it.
Barbara
Encouraging, hopeful and deeply inspiring... Dr. Chopra explains the body/mind connection in a simple and clear way that makes the mysteries of DNA and the immune system almost within my grasp!
Karen
pg.265
Carol Ann
Deepak Chopra is one of my favorite authors and this book cements my choice. Very clear and easy instruction as well as direction to implement the knowledge of this book into your own life.
Sue
Overall I really liked this book, but much of it was over my head. I couldn't follow much of the technical jargon. But still, there was lots that I COULD understand and it was very enlightening.
Elmir
This book is kind of enlightening about our mind and consciousness which are nonmaterial, and how they affect our body which is material. One can also know how our body works perfectly.
  • Why People Don't Heal and How They Can: A Practical Programme for Healing Body, Mind and Spirit
  • Molecules of Emotion: The Science Behind Mind-Body Medicine
  • The Divine Matrix: Bridging Time, Space, Miracles, and Belief
  • Spontaneous Healing
  • There's a Spiritual Solution to Every Problem
  • Healing Words
  • The Celestine Vision: Living the New Spiritual Awareness
  • Hands Of Light
  • Essential Reiki: A Complete Guide to an Ancient Healing Art
  • Heal Your Body/New Cover: The Mental Causes for Physical Illness and the Metaphysical Way to Overcome Them
  • The Field: The Quest for the Secret Force of the Universe
  • Love, Medicine and Miracles
  • Living in the Light: A Guide to Personal and Planetary Transformation
  • Spiritual Growth: Being Your Higher Self
  • The Vortex: Where the Law of Attraction Assembles All Cooperative Relationships
  • Energy Medicine: Use Your Body's Energies
  • The Complete Conversations with God
  • The Biology of Belief: Unleashing the Power of Consciousness, Matter and Miracles
Deepak Chopra, MD serves as the Founder and Chairman of The Chopra Foundation, and Co-Founder of the Chopra Center for Wellbeing.

As a global leader and pioneer in the field of mind-body medicine, Chopra transforms the way the world views physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, and social wellness. Known as a prolific author of eighty books books with twenty-two New York Times best sellers in both...more
More about Deepak Chopra...
The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success: A Practical Guide to the Fulfillment of Your Dreams Ageless Body, Timeless Mind: The Quantum Alternative to Growing Old Buddha: A Story of Enlightenment The Book of Secrets: Unlocking the Hidden Dimensions of Your Life The Way of the Wizard: Twenty Spiritual Lessons for Creating the Life You Want