Start by marking “A Bid For Love” as Want to Read:
A Bid For Love

A Bid For Love

3.27  ·  Rating Details  ·  139 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
To FBI agent Asher Hall, offering himself to the highest bidder for a charity auction seemed like nothing more than good fun for a good cause. A romantic weekend in Italy, a chance to meet someone special, could be just what he needs. Until his anonymous "owner" turns out to be far more—and far more male—than he counted on.

Fellow FBI agent Scott Jamison has one chance to g
Published August 22nd 2010 by Amber Allure (first published August 19th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about A Bid For Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Bid For Love

Serena Yates
Sep 01, 2010 Serena Yates rated it really liked it
Shelves: gay
I really liked this story about two FBI agents who discover love. Actually, Scott decides to finally seduce Asher, after years of secretly loving him. Asher struggles a lot less with the new situation than I, or he, expected.

I loved the setup of a charity auction and the shocked surprise when Asher discovers who "paid" for his time. The romantic weekend in Italy was well described and I enjoyed the exotic locale along with the characters. What followed the weekend was a bit "fast", but I still e
Chris
Jan 28, 2011 Chris rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, gay, done, 2011, ebook
Ok m/m romance about an FBI agent who participates in a charity auction and is "purchased" by an anonymous bidder he assumes to be a woman. Ah, the surprise that awaits him when he and the bidder meet up in Italy. Sadly, the language was too flowery and overwrought for my tastes.
Elisa Rolle
The first time I read a book by this duo, McKinney and Wylis, I was surprised by the romance in it; actually it took me a bit to read that book because it was about two FBI agents falling in love under dangerous situations, and I was not sure that was an environment where the romance could grow strong but romantic. I was surprised that time, and so I was not this time. The setting is more or less the same, again two FBI agents, again two men who know each other in a office contest but that haven ...more
Tj
Sep 06, 2015 Tj rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-2012
The language was just too much for me. I tend to like syrupy stories but this just was too much and unrealistic. I wanted to like this story and the story line and plot had lots of possibilities. It just was difficult to see the good with the rest.
Tailtiu
Apr 27, 2012 Tailtiu rated it liked it
Shelves: cute-sweet
Sugar overload...I have to check my eReader for damage now ;)
T.D. Mckinney
Nov 25, 2010 T.D. Mckinney added it  ·  (Review from the author)
I wrote it so I can't very well review it. :)
Skye Blue
Have you ever read a romance, that the MC read a stereotypical romance out loud? Burning Loins, and syrupy dialog, and all? That's what this felt like. The MC's cheesy romance novel, that is inside your romance novel.

I wanted to like this, I really did. I liked the idea of Scott revealing his feelings the way he did...but it just went down hill from there. I kept thinking, once the weekend was over, things would pick up. But they got worse. They were supposed to be FBI, but they didn't seem like
Buda
Jan 30, 2014 Buda rated it really liked it
4/5

Summary Review: A delightfully fun read that makes me want to auction myself, too!

The Review:

Asher Hall is frequently the butt of jokes in the office. People suspect he is gay because he likes roses, poetry and opera. It doesn’t matter that his last relationship was with a woman named (!) Poppy. Still, he puts himself up for auction, offering a weekend in Italy as the date, hoping to possibly meet someone.

Scott Jamison has silently been in love with his FBI teammate Asher for years. He’s bise
Louise Pledge
Sep 10, 2014 Louise Pledge rated it it was amazing
This was the first time I'd read Rachel Ann Nunes, brought about by curiosity of the plagiarism of which she was a victim. I, quickly, had to buy the next two books in the series and read them, as well. Now I am a dyed-in-the-wool fan! Not only is she a gifted writer, but a clean one, as well. Very fun (albeit a little wild) stories!
Grace
2 1/2 stars

This was really cheesy and the dialogue grated on my nerves. It was cloyingly sweet and over the top. If that aspect had been toned down it would have been an okay story if a bit on the boring side. I did quite like Asher and Scott but they said Darling and love too many times for me to take them seriously.
Cherie Noel
Sigh...this was lyrical and fun. I know that seems an odd pairing...but it worked so beautifully. I loved the characters: the way they interacted, their quirks, their insecurities. I wanna hang out with these boys cause 1) they're pretty, 2) they live to the max, and 3) did I mention they were funny too?
Ociany
Oct 15, 2011 Ociany rated it liked it
If there's one thing to say about this story is that it's so fluffy that it gave me a toothache. Cute but I didnt find it really deep but an enjoyable read nonetheless. Recommended to anyone searching a light romance.
Claudia
Jun 11, 2012 Claudia rated it it was ok
It just didn't do it for me. it was too sugary. dearest, darling were just used too much and just didn't sound right with the characters. SOrry to say I was disappointed.
Kavisha
Aug 03, 2012 Kavisha rated it liked it
More like a 3.5. I LOVED the story. It was the writing that bugged me a bit. I thought it was not well edited. Felt very choppy. But the characters and the story were incredible.
Jun 22, 2011 Laura rated it liked it
Good story, the romantic scenes were a little uninspiring though. I like my love scenes hot and these were just luke warm...
Cecilia Rodriguez
Sep 17, 2013 Cecilia Rodriguez rated it liked it
An okay romance but a bit too flowery and the wording just didn't sound right or fit the characters.
Jess Candela
Jun 07, 2012 Jess Candela rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m, read-in-2011
Meh. Kept forgetting I was reading it. Then kept forgetting I had read it.
Cassandra
Aug 06, 2011 Cassandra rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
2.5 stars. The writing was ok, but boring after a while.
Betryal
Katie
Aug 13, 2012 Katie rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m, read-in-2012
Lauren
Lauren rated it really liked it
Apr 27, 2016
Trittany
Trittany rated it it was amazing
Mar 27, 2016
Pakksi
Pakksi rated it it was ok
Feb 12, 2016
Sumire-chan
Sumire-chan rated it it was ok
Feb 08, 2016
Bobbi
Bobbi rated it liked it
Feb 01, 2016
  • Caught by Surprise
  • Voice For The Silent
  • How the Other Half Lives
  • Grey's Hidden Fire (Firehouse Six, #1)
  • Bring The Heat
  • Out of the Shadows
  • Sonoran Heat
  • Clay's Challenge
  • Velvet Blade (A Velvet Glove Novel)
  • In the Flesh (Flesh, #1)
  • Brackets
  • Touching Evil
  • The Best Corpse for the Job (Lindenshaw Mysteries, #1)
  • Boots
  • The Devil's Brew (Sinners, #2.5)
  • Two In Two Out (Hero, #2)
  • Compromised
  • Remember Me?
T. D. McKinney was born with eclectic tastes. Author, artist, web designer - those tastes show in the careers she's chosen.

Growing up on the American Gulf Coast, she gained a great appreciation for all things Southern and a fascination with what the community around her termed the War of Northern Aggression. Frequent trips to New Orleans to visit relatives instilled an early love for that city and
More about T.D. McKinney...