A Bid For Love

A Bid For Love

3.33 of 5 stars 3.33  ·  rating details  ·  122 ratings  ·  17 reviews
To FBI agent Asher Hall, offering himself to the highest bidder for a charity auction seemed like nothing more than good fun for a good cause. A romantic weekend in Italy, a chance to meet someone special, could be just what he needs. Until his anonymous "owner" turns out to be far more—and far more male—than he counted on.

Fellow FBI agent Scott Jamison has one chance to g...more
Published August 22nd 2010 by Amber Allure (first published August 19th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about A Bid For Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Bid For Love

Serena Yates
I really liked this story about two FBI agents who discover love. Actually, Scott decides to finally seduce Asher, after years of secretly loving him. Asher struggles a lot less with the new situation than I, or he, expected.

I loved the setup of a charity auction and the shocked surprise when Asher discovers who "paid" for his time. The romantic weekend in Italy was well described and I enjoyed the exotic locale along with the characters. What followed the weekend was a bit "fast", but I still e...more
Chris
Ok m/m romance about an FBI agent who participates in a charity auction and is "purchased" by an anonymous bidder he assumes to be a woman. Ah, the surprise that awaits him when he and the bidder meet up in Italy. Sadly, the language was too flowery and overwrought for my tastes.
Elisa Ramblings
The first time I read a book by this duo, McKinney and Wylis, I was surprised by the romance in it; actually it took me a bit to read that book because it was about two FBI agents falling in love under dangerous situations, and I was not sure that was an environment where the romance could grow strong but romantic. I was surprised that time, and so I was not this time. The setting is more or less the same, again two FBI agents, again two men who know each other in a office contest but that haven...more
Tj
The language was just too much for me. I tend to like syrupy stories but this just was too much and unrealistic. I wanted to like this story and the story line and plot had lots of possibilities. It just was difficult to see the good with the rest.
Tailtiu
Sugar overload...I have to check my eReader for damage now ;)
T.D. Mckinney
Nov 25, 2010 T.D. Mckinney added it  ·  (Review from the author)
I wrote it so I can't very well review it. :)
Buda
4/5

Summary Review: A delightfully fun read that makes me want to auction myself, too!

The Review:

Asher Hall is frequently the butt of jokes in the office. People suspect he is gay because he likes roses, poetry and opera. It doesn’t matter that his last relationship was with a woman named (!) Poppy. Still, he puts himself up for auction, offering a weekend in Italy as the date, hoping to possibly meet someone.

Scott Jamison has silently been in love with his FBI teammate Asher for years. He’s bise...more
Cherie Noel
Sigh...this was lyrical and fun. I know that seems an odd pairing...but it worked so beautifully. I loved the characters: the way they interacted, their quirks, their insecurities. I wanna hang out with these boys cause 1) they're pretty, 2) they live to the max, and 3) did I mention they were funny too?
Ociany
If there's one thing to say about this story is that it's so fluffy that it gave me a toothache. Cute but I didnt find it really deep but an enjoyable read nonetheless. Recommended to anyone searching a light romance.
Claudia
It just didn't do it for me. it was too sugary. dearest, darling were just used too much and just didn't sound right with the characters. SOrry to say I was disappointed.
Kavisha
More like a 3.5. I LOVED the story. It was the writing that bugged me a bit. I thought it was not well edited. Felt very choppy. But the characters and the story were incredible.
Good story, the romantic scenes were a little uninspiring though. I like my love scenes hot and these were just luke warm...
Cecilia Rodriguez
An okay romance but a bit too flowery and the wording just didn't sound right or fit the characters.
Jess Candela
Meh. Kept forgetting I was reading it. Then kept forgetting I had read it.
Cassandra
2.5 stars. The writing was ok, but boring after a while.
Betryal
Actually 3.5
Katie
B
B marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2014
Alicia
Alicia marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
Kendra Mcglothin
Kendra Mcglothin marked it as to-read
May 30, 2014
Amina
Amina marked it as to-read
May 18, 2014
  • Out of the Shadows
  • Beneath the Shield (Arbor Heights #1)
  • Paul's D'Marco
  • Bring The Heat
  • Ethan's Choice (Kindred Spirits, #1)
  • Sub Zero (An ESTO Universe Novel)
  • Glen & Tyler's Honeymoon Adventure
  • How the Other Half Lives
  • Blue-Eyed Soul
  • Urban Shaman
  • Caught by Surprise
  • Witness
  • To The Max (To The Max #1)
  • Feeling Safe
  • Shades Of Dreams
  • Sonoran Heat
  • Witness
  • Velvet Blade (A Velvet Glove Novel)
T. D. McKinney was born with eclectic tastes. Author, artist, web designer - those tastes show in the careers she's chosen.

Growing up on the American Gulf Coast, she gained a great appreciation for all things Southern and a fascination with what the community around her termed the War of Northern Aggression. Frequent trips to New Orleans to visit relatives instilled an early love for that city and...more
More about T.D. McKinney...
Kissing Sherlock Holmes A Matter of Necessity The Wolfe Proxy (Southern Beaus #2) Portrait Of A Kiss (Southern Beaus #1) Copperhead Road (Southern Beaus #3)