Start by marking “Doctor Who: Autumn Mist” as Want to Read:
Doctor Who: Autumn Mist

Doctor Who: Autumn Mist (Eighth Doctor Adventures #24)

3.08 of 5 stars 3.08  ·  rating details  ·  83 ratings  ·  8 reviews
The Ardennes, December 1994: the Nazi forces are making their last offensive in Europe -- a campaign that will come to be called the Battle of the Bulge. But there is a third side to this battle -- an unknown and ancient force that seems to pay little head to the forces of nature.Where do the bodies of the dead disappear to? What is the true nature of the military experime ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 288 pages
Published September 5th 1999 by BBC Worldwide Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Doctor Who, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Doctor Who

M
Well that one was a downer.
There were some good Doctor quotes, but he played a very passive role in the story. The main characters were the WW2 soldiers, and although they were very interesting characters, they weren't particularly likable in any way. And then *******spoiler******(sort of)****almost all of them die.
A better description for the cover might have been "Bad things happen to soldiers who then analyze their reactions about all the bad things that are happening to them."

Sam and Fitz
Angela
The Doctor, Sam and Fitz land in the middle of a battle in WW 2, that's taking place in a series of towns. Something else is involved that is causing hallucinations and stealing dead bodies. This is another downer of a book with violence and despair. The companions, especially Sam are really put through the ringer again. The concept of the aliens is clever, and I liked the way they view the Doctor. A good read.
Nicholas Whyte

The very first Who story set in my adopted country, an Eighth Doctor Adventure published in 1999 and set during the Battle of the Bulge around Bastogne. Though to be honest there's not much Belgian about it apart from the weather and the landscape; the extra characters are mainly German and American soldiers, and the rulers of the otherworldly realm reached by Shakespeare in A Midsummer Night's Dream and which is threatening to leak into our world here. So
Travis
A nice blend of history and sci-fi, as the Tardis crew lands during WW2 and deals with something that might be aliens, but might be fairies.

David McIntee is one of the best Who writers and this one of his strongest books. A good setting, interesting bad guy and a strong handle on the personalities of the Doctor and his companions.

He can even make Sam into an interesting character, that's how good the guy is.
Gallifreian
'It is sad when you loose someone, but even sadder when you can't even feel loss anymore' to paraphrase the Doctors line. And I think that is what this book was leading us up to. We've lost Sam too many times in past books, that we no longer feel the loss; and she's not even gone, another cry of wolf. But, I still keep reading. I guess I'm just addicted.
David
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Simon Curtis
Second World War. Should have loved it, just liked it.
AJ
My first Doctor Who book. :)
Steven
Steven marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2015
Aryel
Aryel marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2015
Zuli Bryan
Zuli Bryan marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2015
Tyler
Tyler added it
Jul 07, 2015
Jim
Jim added it
Jun 17, 2015
Bobby Corry
Bobby Corry marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2015
Viviane Azevedo
Viviane Azevedo marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2015
Margo White
Margo White marked it as to-read
May 30, 2015
Dalek Sigma
Dalek Sigma is currently reading it
May 30, 2015
Alys
Alys added it
May 26, 2015
Jessica Crislei
Jessica Crislei marked it as to-read
May 18, 2015
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
May 17, 2015
Cary Morton
Cary Morton marked it as to-read
May 14, 2015
  • Doctor Who: Placebo Effect
  • Doctor Who: The Shadows of Avalon
  • Doctor Who: Revolution Man
  • Doctor Who: The Crooked World

Eighth Doctor Adventures (1 - 10 of 73 books)
  • Doctor Who: The Eight Doctors
  • Doctor Who: Kursaal
  • Doctor Who: Option Lock
  • Doctor Who: Longest Day
  • Doctor Who: Legacy of the Daleks
Indistinguishable from Magic (Star Trek: The Next Generation) White Darkness Doctor Who: The Face of the Enemy The Dark Path First Frontier