Start by marking “Rivals in Paradise” as Want to Read:
Rivals in Paradise

Rivals in Paradise

4.41 of 5 stars 4.41  ·  rating details  ·  70 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Cicely Stevens needs the vacation of a lifetime. After being cheated on by her boyfriend and passed over for a promotion, she's off to the Caribbean for a weekend of hot island fun. And there's no sexier bad boy than her old college rival Chase Yearwood, who's on the same plane en route to his lush estate...and whose kiss Cicely never forgot. When he takes her in his arms ...more
Published November 1st 2010 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about Rivals in Paradise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rivals in Paradise

Shawnette
So, once I picked up Rivals In Paradise...I simply DID NOT want to put it down...all I can say is AMAZING...I LOVE me some Chase Yearwood...brother laid it on Ms. Cicely REAL good...LOL...and Cicely Stevens is just as SASSY as ever...and talk about some SIZZLING encounters...WHOOSAH...I DEFINITELY want to go to Dahinda...have an island fling...eat up some of that YUMMY food...and sing karaoke off-key...Chase's mama is quite a pistol...I love the close bond she has with her son...she can read him ...more
Priscilla
Cicely Stevens thought things could not get any worse. First, she lost the promotion as division leader in the corporate department. Next, she walked in on her boyfriend having sex with the receptionist in her apartment. The ultimate worst thing to happen to Cicely was finding out that Chase “The Wolf” Yearwood was booked on the same flight to the Caribbean. In Rivals in Paradise, Gwyneth Bolton shows that rivals in business can also be lovers.

Cicely and Chase were rivals from the moment she se
Taneisha
Tale as old as time. Bitter rivals become lovers, but these rivals should actually re-think their hatred towards each other. In was good. It had roll your eyes moments for the heroine but it was all understandable.
Shauntelle James
I think if anybody was to read this book, coming from where I'm from, they would think it sounded like a fairy tale. Chase was as caring and compassionate as any girl could hope for. The only reasons Cecile had for not accepting Chase were her misconceptions and misjudgements. It only was fair that after Chase had proven them wrong and Cecile had become more certain, they fell for each other. I can quiet understand that while Cecile is feeling Chase, she can not play it easy. This is a good exam ...more
Dsunshine
This story was okay to me…I loved how Cicely handled finding her boyfriend cheating. The story picked up once she and Chase Yearwood were in Dahinda and got pass their college hang ups with each other. I guess I was measuring this story by At First Kiss which I could not put the book down and truly enjoyed. Nonetheless, Cicely and Chase do have great chemistry and the cast of characters especially is mother was a welcome delight.
Miley the Book Junkie Reads . . .
I was looking for a real rivalry. Cicely was suppose to be a dropper of poetry, movie bits, plays and all that, but I only got a glimpse of that in the one chapter. Chase proved that he was persistent. I was looking for more of a challenge, but was meet with resistance.
Shone
Feb 02, 2011 Shone rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: All Romance Readers
A vacation is well deserved after the day Caricely has had. So off to the Caribbean she heads only to run into her her biggest challenge from college know as "Wolf."
Angelia
“All I can say was this was DEFINITELY a GREAT read!!!!! Once you pick this up you will NOT put it down...GREAT job Ms. Bolton....

Tonya Lee
Cicely and Chase's story is one of moving past misconceptions and your own limits. While I love a good love story it was predictable.
Sasha G.
This book was Alright.
The chemistry between the main characters
wasn't HOT, but it was okay.
Overall it was an Okay book.
Ty
Ty marked it as to-read
May 11, 2015
Kemba
Kemba marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2014
Brittany Hemphill
Brittany Hemphill marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2014
Karyn Grice
Karyn Grice marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
199257
Gwyneth Bolton was born and raised in Paterson, New Jersey. She currently lives in Syracuse, New York with her husband Cedric.

When she was 12-years-old, she became an avid reader of romance by sneaking her mother's stash of Harlequin and Silhouette novels. In the 90s, she was introduced to African American and multicultural romance novels and her life hasn't been the same since.

While she had alway
More about Gwyneth Bolton...
Sizzling Seduction Protect And Serve The Law of Desire Make It Hot At First Kiss