Start by marking “Field Methods in Archaeology” as Want to Read:
Field Methods in Archaeology

Field Methods in Archaeology

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  28 ratings  ·  2 reviews
This highly regarded comprehensive guide provides an up-to-date overview of the variety of methods used in field archaeology, from research design to excavation strategies to conservation of artifacts and record-keeping. The contributors to the volume bring a wealth of expertise on diverse subjects and offer practical advice on their areas of special interest.
Published January 31st 1997 by McGraw-Hill Humanities/Social Sciences/Languages (first published January 1st 1975)

To ask other readers questions about Field Methods in Archaeology, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Field Methods in Archaeology

Nathan Woolford
Why do I love this book? Well, after nearly 20 years in archaeology this is the one book I keep around and occasionally take with me into the field. Got a field question? This book will likely have an answer for you. When I first bought it I was rather annoyed at the ridiculous price, but it was well worth it. I hope they release a digital version because I will buy it in a heart beat.

While there are many other books that cover the various components of field archaeology and beyond, this is a g
An absolutely fantastic, comprehensive look at methods required in the field. Unlike other books that tend to deviate into discussions on archaeological theory or historical processes, this book focuses primarily on the events of survey and excavation, and the skills et al required for the same. Highly recommended. And I know I'm going to keep coming back to refer to this book.
Britta marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2015
Manto marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2015
James marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2015
Mouza marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2014
Tom added it
Dec 06, 2014
Chandi marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Greg marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2014
Lokesh marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Megan Ferguson
Megan Ferguson marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2014
George Tsolakis
George Tsolakis marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2014
J Dunn
J Dunn added it
Dec 06, 2013
Efi marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2013
Mary Demoss
Mary Demoss marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2014
Lo Dubbs
Lo Dubbs marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2013