Start by marking “Deadpool: What Happened in Vegas (Deadpool, #5)” as Want to Read:
Deadpool: What Happened in Vegas (Deadpool, #5)

Deadpool: What Happened in Vegas (Deadpool Vol. II #5)

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  709 ratings  ·  41 reviews
Deadpool's been described as many things over the years, but "trendsetter"? That's a new one. Here he is, trying to get his hero on and guess what? Suddenly, everyone else is, too! Seems like everyone's wanting to jump on the Deadpool bandwagon lately, doesn't it? COLLECTING: Deadpool #23-27
Published October 27th 2010 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about Deadpool, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deadpool

I dunno what it is about these deadpool volumes, regardless of the writer around volume five or so the quality just plummets, this volume was just a bit naff never really went anywhere, then ghost rider shows up for what reason, i couldn't tell you. I dunno where the humour went, i dunno where the plot went, i dunno why they thought this was a good idea so yeah, if you wanna skip this volume you'll miss nothing and feel a lot better for doing so.
Callie Rose Tyler
Well this was another disappointing volume. You see that cover!? Doesn't it look fun! Yeah, well none of that all.

This was lacking everything you expect when picking up a Deadpool story. There was no humor, the plot was incredibly predictable, and the violence was equivalent to a Transformers movie.

The story might not have been so bad if it was contained to a single issue, there was no reason for it to go on as long as it did. The story had promise but went to crap right about here
Hm. The weakest of the new Deadpool collections so far, but not terrible. Deadpool goes to Vegas, and gets distracted by his old buddy Weasel's newest job, as the mech-suited protector of Vegas casinos. What follows is a mean-spirited heist that hammers in, at great length, that Deadpool is not a good guy and not to be trusted, even by the people he'll occasionally call a friend. This may be something that needed to be said, but the result is actually a little on the dull side.
I remember absolutely loving Deadpool when I was in middle school and Joe Kelly was at the reins. Probably because it felt like reading a really violent cartoon, and I was a child. Pop culture references while a guy's head gets blown off? Perfect. Sometimes it gets way too serious? Who cares! He's probably seconds away from putting a gun in a butt.

Now I finally feel like I'm starting to grow out of Deadpool. The character has spent over a decade in a kind of limbo, with few writers really being
Not as many belly laughs or extreme-weird scenes as I'd expected. I believe the re-appearance of one of Deadpool's secondary characters is the main reason why the story got dragged down. Also, not knowing exactly what Deadpool's plotting (even against the voices in his mind) seems to make it less fun.
Random Ghost Rider story is random, but I guess they needed some way to give us a flashback to Weapon X.
This is more like the Deadpool that I have enjoyed. It uses some of the old cast of characters from the Deadpool comics of the late '90s and early 2000s. It's fun, but has a reasonable through line, and features Deadpool's signature desire to be a hero. It's also really weird and enjoyable. I have read the previous four trades in this edition, so it makes better sense to me than it probably would, otherwise. Still, I like how it goes into some of the history of the character, both bringing back ...more
The triumphant return of Weasel (with a cameo by Blind Al too)! I hope they bring Weasel back long term. He and Deadpool have such an awesome back and forth. Weasel is always trying to do something great with his life and Deadpool is always messing it up for him. In this arc Weasel has become a hero of sorts as the protector of Las Vegas "The House". Deadpool joins him as his sidekick "Wildcard" but ruins Weasel's reputation when they switch costumes and now Weasel has to find a new job. It's li ...more
Apparently while Deadpool was in New York teaming up with a reluctant Spider-Man, Siege happened, and now it's the Heroic Age. While watching television, a casino owner in Vegas disses Deadpool, and Deadpool can't allow that to stand. He goes out to Vegas for revenge (and the buffets), where he runs into an old friend. Cue some weirdness. And, in the end, there's a sort-of throwaway issue involving the Ghost Rider.

I'm not a fan of Way's Deadpool by any means, but this is marginally better than
The cover for this volume is such a teaser which only leads to an utter let down. The Avengers characters on the fun cover of this volume are not featured in the issues collected (#23-26). Instead we are given Deadpool's interactions with Weasel and Ghost Rider. Though, I enjoyed the latter more - it was too brief before it cut to a weird bonus story.
Natalia Rox
Not my favorite in the series. I think because I just don't get the allure of the massive fighting robots. I am not a Godzilla fan either. I just don't understand the motivation for something so big to terrorize something so small.

There were a few zingy one liners to keep my attention so now on to the next one.
Jul 19, 2015 Chappy rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2015
not my fav deadpool issue to date but defenitly good. guest appearances is always appreciated when it comes to reading comics and i did love the classic merc with a mouth moments created in this issue. i look forward to continuing the story and follow along in wade's adventures. thought i should defenitly brush up on some deadpool before the movie comes out and i get my tattoo :D

for fans of deadpool i reccomend this series (as its not given a name to distinguish between series' i call it deadpoo
This gets a full star bonus for using Blind Al and Weasel. Otherwise this'd be a two star. Not very funny or poignant. It doesn't really go anywhere. The art is serviceable.

Why exactly did Ghost Rider show up?
This was a weird one. The Las Vegas stuff was pretty funny, classic Deadpool stuff.
The artwork is not great but since the writing is silly it is usually not a problem.
Then we have an unusual story featuring Ghost Rider, that has much less emphasis on humor. It has a surprising ending that would have worked with a much better artist. Unfortunately they used the usual "Deadpool" or comedy type artist and the punch-line falls flat on it's face.
Then we finish with a nice humorous short "bonus" st
Deadpool se trouve à Las Vegas et compte bien s'amuser : il rencontre un homme dans une armure qui protège les casinos de la ville. Son nom: The House. Sérieusement. Parce qu'à Vegas, "the house always wins". Deadpool rencontre Weasel, Grizzly et Ghost Rider et s'allie tantôt avec un, tantôt avec un autre, après évidemment leur avoir mis quelques coups dans la face.
Contrairement à ce qu'on pourrait croire, on ne voit ni Captain America, ni Thor, ni Iron Man dans ce volume.

Les dessins sont toujou
Dead pool in Vegas seems like a perfect set up, but the story was just good, instead of the awesomeness I expected.
DeAnna Knippling
You're gonna send Deadpool to Vegas, you're going to get a heist novel with some double-crossing insanity.
The first part was somehow weak; but the encounter with Ghost Rider was short yet very emotional..
Pretty crazy and funny stuff. Like the scene where Deadpool thinks back on his past.
I love Deadpool! He is one of my favorite superheroes!
Slow start but nice cameo from Ghost Rider.
Sep 16, 2015 Kenzie added it
amazing 10/10
Alysha DeShaé
I loved it!
Emmett Spain
Another episode of Deadpool silliness, only this one is a bit short on charm, as Deadpool spends his time making life unbearable for his old pal Weasel. The art continues to shine, and colours and beautifully bold, but the story’s execution is a bit weak this time around. Deadpool stories are always a bit light on plot, but that doesn’t matter so long as the jokes land and the fun is had. Well, the jokes don’t land all that much, Deadpool isn’t as likeable as usual, and the fun is limited.

Not gr
This book firmly asserts, if it wasn't very obvious in the other books, that Deadpool is not to be trusted. This book actually goes to lengths to showcase his distrustfulness, and in turn, also highlights his genius; you aren't sure if he is batting with a full belfry, because his actions indicate madness, yet the result is gold. Weasel returns, and Blind Al makes a cameo. Vengenance bolsters Deadpool's self-confidence. A worthy but too short addition to the Deadpool canon.
This one was pretty good. I enjoyed the flashback when he met up with Ghost Rider and the bonus comic at the end was a lot of fun.

One thing I've decided in reading a few longer Deadpool comics and some of the shorter ones collected in his team-ups, is that I think I like my Deadpool in shorter parts. That way the punchlines don't get lost and the story doesn't get muddled. So, I might just stick to team-ups unless someone has something specific to recommend.
It was OK, but it just didn't give me that "deadpool feel". Seriously not missing out on much if you skip this volume.
I love a good Deadpool story and that is something that Way has been constantly supplying since he has been writing Deadpool. In this tale, Deadpool goes to Vegas to lay the smack down on someone who dissed him on TV. He of course gets distracted and comes up with some crazy mystery plan that you don't see exactly until it unfolds. Enjoyable, funny and had a fun reference to Star Wars at one point.
Max Raven
I really enjoyed the flow of the story on this one though the whole Vegas scheme left me starching my head wondering what the point was or if Deadpool was just randomly creating destruction. My favourite part is when Ghost Rider shows up and we see a bit of Deadpool's past and perhaps the emotional scars he's hiding behind his twisted sense of humour.
  • Dark Reign: Deadpool/Thunderbolts
  • Cable and Deadpool, Vol. 3: The Human Race
  • Deadpool: Suicide Kings
  • Deadpool Team-Up, Vol. 2: Special Relationship
  • Deadpool Classic, Vol. 2
  • Deadpool: Wade Wilson's War
  • Deadpool Team-Up, Vol. 3: BFFs
  • Deadpool Team-Up, Vol. 1: Good Buddies
  • DeadPool Corps (Deadpool Corps, #2)
  • Deadpool, Vol. 2: Soul Hunter
  • Deadpool: Dead Head Redemption
  • Uncanny X-Force: The Dark Angel Saga, Book 2

Deadpool Vol. II (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Deadpool: Secret Invasion (Deadpool, #1)
  • Deadpool: Dark Reign (Deadpool, #2)
  • Deadpool: X Marks the Spot (Deadpool, #3)
  • Deadpool: Monkey Business (Deadpool, #4)
  • Deadpool: I Rule, You Suck (Deadpool, #6)
  • Deadpool: Space Oddity (Deadpool #7)
  • Deadpool: Operation Annihilation (Deadpool, #8)
  • Deadpool: Institutionalized (Deadpool, #9)
  • Deadpool: Evil Deadpool (Deadpool, #10)
  • Deadpool: Dead (Deadpool, #11)

“If memory serves, it takes him quite a while to re-grow a head...” 4 likes