Start by marking “Mission: Make-Over” as Want to Read:
Mission: Make-Over

Mission: Make-Over

3.38 of 5 stars 3.38  ·  rating details  ·  321 ratings  ·  15 reviews

Wealthy, self-assured Jake Carlisle, born with the kind of looks that drive women wild, usually succeeded at everything he did. But now he'd taken on a real challenge, transforming scruffy tomboy Lucianna Stewart into a temptress!

So he taught he

Published (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Mission, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mission

Grace Harwood
This one was marked as the most popular Penny Jordan romance on Goodreads, when I checked some time ago, so I was really excited about reading it. Well, I can only say, what a disappointment. This has got to be the worst Jordan offering I have ever read (and look back at my profile – I’ve read a lot).

So the (awful) premise is this: Lucianna (“Luce”/“Luc” – depending on who is speaking to her) is a bit of a tomboy after being raised by her father and brothers. She’s also an incredibly gifted car
Jenny
If you love Cinderella stories and a hero who is deeply, crazy, hopelessly in love with a blind in denial heroine who thinks she is in love with another man you will love this book. Very passionate and romantic read!
Nikoya
I really enjoyed this one. It was very fun and just the right amount fire. My only complaint is why does the woman always have to be irrationally prickly? Other than that it was a fun romp for any romance reader.
Lady Aeval
I loved this book. I am sucker for Cinderella stories and this was a great one. It was great watching Luci come into her own and recognize her femininity. Great light reading material.
KC the Romance Novel Addict
Rating: 4.5/5.0

I loved that the hero, Jake, already loved Lucianna the way she was before her physical makeover happened. He's secretly loved her for years and has always found her desirable, tomboyish ways and all. He only agreed to help her because 1) he was asked to by her sister-in-law 2) he wanted her to be happy and if she believed that enhancing her looks allowed her to win the man of her choice then he was going to do it and 3) he wanted her to gain full power over her femininity.

I enjo
Aruna
The story is slow to take off, but gets going mid-read. Lucianna is a bit of a tomboy by virtue of being brought up in an all male household. She is inhibited and not at all body-image confident after overhearing various conversations growing up (ahem... girl listening in on her brothers' macho posturing conversations about females).
Jake loves her from afar, and somehow ends up tutoring her in the art of being more womanly to get a guy she supposedly wants (who turns out to be a total ass - as i
Shivangi Ramsay
God damn awful and too sexist. One of the reasons why I hate the kind of dirt being dished out by these romance books. Why god why can't a lady just be herself? Why does she need a man to validate her existence?
Sassafrass
This is an older romance, so it was a little dated but I thought it was cute overall. The term "whilst" was used...A LOT, and it got a bit annoying after a while. Otherwise, it was exactly like I expect a Harlequin Romance to be: a pleasant reading experience that doesn't tax my brain to enjoy.
Astri  Nasthasia Videlia
Hiyaaahhh!!! TOB!! Ga nyesel gw belinya... Really like it...

Terpesona sama Hero.nya yg ternyata udah Jatuh Cinta dl.an sama Heroine.nya... Ngiri.. =_=.... ;b
Zaa
Kisah tentang si tomboy yg dirubah penampilannya (make over) menjadi seorang gadis yg feminim oleh seorang playboy demi memikat kembali hati kekasihnya.
Nilam Suri
hihihi,yang ini lumayan bagus deh... ;p
bikin gue tetep konsen baca walo diprotes orang sekantor gara2 baca beginian pas puasa ;D
Ralia Noviani
just be yourself, because just being yourself is the most natural thing that can comfort you and your beloved one
Widhy Pratiwie
uwh...jake nya so sweet bgt...
Wendy
First published in 1970. Enough said.
Ivonov
Ivonov marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2015
Anonymous-t
Anonymous-t marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2015
Betty
Betty marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2015
Niamhanna
Niamhanna marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2015
Agnes Doroy
Agnes Doroy marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2015
Suraj
Suraj marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2015
Jen
Jen added it
Jun 13, 2015
Arwa
Arwa marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2015
Lezet Van zyl
Lezet Van zyl marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2015
Esther Chioma
Esther Chioma marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2015
  • Love-Slave to the Sheikh
  • Kekasih Pangeran Gurun (The Desert Prince's Mistress)
  • The Italian's Blackmailed Mistress
  • His Virgin Secretary
  • The Banker's Convenient Wife (Brides of L'Amour, #3)
  • The Ramirez Bride (The Ramirez Brides #1)
  • In The Sheikh's Marriage Bed
  • The Disobedient Virgin (The Ramirez Brides #3)
  • The Brazilian's Blackmailed Bride (The Ramirez Brides #2)
  • The Virgin's Seduction (Harlequin Presents, #2519)
  • Menaklukkan Calon Istri (To Woo A Wife) (Bachelor Brothers, Book 1)
  • Bought for the Frenchman's Pleasure
19687
Penelope Jones Halsall
aka Caroline Courtney, Annie Groves, Lydia Hitchcock, Melinda Wright

Penelope "Penny" Jones was born on November 24, 1946 at about seven pounds in a nursing home in Preston, Lancashire, England. She was the first child of Anthony Winn Jones, an engineer, who died at 85, and his wife Margaret Louise Groves Jones. She has a brother, Anthony, and a sister, Prudence "Pru".

She had
More about Penny Jordan...
The Sheikh's Virgin Bride (Sheikh's Arabian Nights, #1) The Demetrios Virgin The Blackmail Baby The Italian Duke's Wife (By Royal Command) (Harlequin Presents #2529) Marriage: To Claim his Twins (Romance)