Start by marking “Irreversible (SHOMI)” as Want to Read:
Irreversible (SHOMI)

Irreversible (SHOMI)

3.14 of 5 stars 3.14  ·  rating details  ·  35 ratings  ·  11 reviews

Every day seems perfect to Kitty, but what she doesn't know is that a villain has looped her realityand only the Wire Crossers and the handsome time-anomaly specialist Q can save her.

Kindle Edition
Published (first published September 30th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Irreversible, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Irreversible

Julie (jjmachshev)
Reviewed for queuemyreview.com; book release Oct08

“Irreversible” is a new book by Liz Maverick released under Dorchester Publishing’s new SHOMI line. SHOMI is “an imaginative, new line of edgy, speculative [romantic] fiction destined to break all the rules”. Fans of the Matrix and far out romantic scifi will be thrilled with this new line. I enjoyed the read, even when it was a little too technical for me.

Kitty is stuck, literally, in a time loop. She’s being used as a guinea pig by an unscrupul
Lexie
First, you need to know that this book is the sequel to Liz Maverick's earlier Shomi title, WIRED. Events and relationships are mentioned from the first book that are glossed over only briefly in this new book, so occasionally the reader might get lost while reading. On the plus side, for anyone who had read WIRED and needed to know more, here you go! IRREVERSIBLE does not disappoint or let down.

The story is sometimes more complex then I am used to in a romance. With Katherine 'Kitty' Gibbs 'per
Linda
I've come to realize that when I read a SHOMI book I either like it a lot or I don't care for it at all. That said, IRREVERSIBLE falls into the second category. Usually I am careful to read a book in sequence. I failed to check to see if this book was in a series and started to read. I soon figured out that there was a prior book, WIRED, and I stopped Irreversible to read Wired's reviews. I decided I was fine without it and continued on.

I caught on quickly that Wired was Mason and Roxy's story
Dlora
A time travel story set in the past and the present and the future where engineers have learned how to cross wires leading from different temporal times and places. And the competing philosophies about how much to mess with time because of how it might rearrange what is or has been or will be. Our heroes are trying to save a friend who is being used in an experiment with time--she's in a continuous loop repeating one week over and over again. The idea is interesting for scifi fans but the workin ...more
Martina the Book Fairy
This book is futuristic/time-travel romance and is a sequel to the book "Wired" by the same author. They were both published under the SHOMI line by Dorchester Pub a few years back. The SHOMI line all has crazy cartoon/anime-esque covers that for me were a bit of a turn-off so most of them have been sitting on my shelf for years. However, as I've slowly picked them up and read them, I've been very surprised! A lot of them are quality! Wired was that way, but sadly, Irreversible falls pretty far ...more
Doris
This book's cover did not say it was part of a series, but the dialogue suggests that it is. That said, the only part dependent on the previous book is the reasoning behind the antipathy between the heroes and the villains. It stands very well alone, with the exception of certain devices, such as "smarties" which are never explained, and the reader has to figure out what they are as the story unfolds. This may have been intentional, but it distracted me from the storyline.

However - the story, w
Tez
Julie Johnson
I enjoyed this sci fi romance? suspense? Not sure what category to put it in! Anyway, the concept was intriguing & she was able to explain all the time travel kooky-ness in a way that was believable & also didn't make my eyes cross. I thought the 'jail' Kitty was in was very spooky, gothic even--and of course rather Matrix-like--it was deplorable what had happened to her & you really wanted to see her 'break free' with Q's help. The way they interacted was well written as was Kitty's ...more
Monique
I was disappointed that I couldn't find Wired to read before this since it introduces many of the characters. However, I didn't feel that I had to read it because Irreversible told me everything I needed to know. While I did accurately predict certain plot elements before they happened, I liked this book very much. Q is great - a lot of fun to read about. Kitty is well... Kitty. I didn't know her in Wired so I had no basis for comparison, but for most of the book she isn't really the Kitty every ...more
Tim
Liz Maverick has again ventured into the world of time travel or, rather time folding. The follow up to her highly regarded "Wired" expands the use of the wires of time and the nefarious looping and crossing that can be done. Again Liz has created a novel that pushes the envelope of urban fantasy. The highlight of Mavericks writing to me is the blending of a complex, technical fantasy with characters with depth.
Read "Wired" first as, while not a specific continuation, it shows a more sophisticat
Cher
This book should have been interesting & yet it wasn't.
Deanna
Deanna marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2015
Erica Dayandante
Erica Dayandante marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2015
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2015
Rosemarie Kind
Rosemarie Kind marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2015
Nareh
Nareh marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
Leslie
Leslie marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2015
Seva Bernard
Seva Bernard marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2014
Eve Wilson
Eve Wilson marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2014
Zelfie
Zelfie added it
Aug 22, 2014
Brittany
Brittany marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
Stephen
Stephen marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Bestselling, award-winning author Liz Maverick is a novelist, adventurer and odd jobs specialist whose contract assignments have taken her from driving trucks in Antarctica to working behind the scenes on reality TV shows in Hollywood. She holds a BS from UC Berkeley, a CPA, and an MBA from UCLA.
Liz is known for writing out-of-the-box romance novels with fast-paced, unique plots and lots of kick-
More about Liz Maverick...
Crimson City (Crimson City, #1) Crimson Rogue (Crimson City, #6) Shards of Crimson (Crimson City, #7) The Shadow Runners (2176 Series, #3) Crimson & Steam (Crimson City, #8)