Start by marking “The White Island” as Want to Read:
The White Island

The White Island

A nine-thousand-year-old conspiracy. Three families. One secret. The epic race to uncover history-s greatest mystery has begun.Beneath the sparkling blue water of a remote Pacific atoll, a merciless killer stalks an underwater archaeological dig. His goal: to bring his employer---billionaire industrialist Holden Ironwood---an impossible artifact that proves a lost civiliza ...more
Kindle Edition
Published (first published March 3rd 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The White Island, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The White Island

Alfredo
Aug 21, 2011 Alfredo rated it liked it
Having greatly enjoyed "Icefire" and "Quicksilver", I was very excited when I found this new entry from Judith and Garfield Reeves-Stevens. Unfortunately "Change" does not rise up to the level of their earlier works.

This is not a bad book. The premise is certainly intriguing, if already visited by many other authors. What made this book not as good as it could have been is the flatness of the characters, and the lack of resolution of some of the situations.

Just as the writing team of Preston and
Robert
Sep 12, 2010 Robert rated it liked it
There are three principal parties involved in the search for where it all began. Civilization that is, and it's origins. This may help get a person through the very beginning of this complex book. There is a whole lot of double crossing going on here so sometimes it is confusing as to who is working for who. And don't worry that will more than likely change later in the book. This is a very good book. However it has been a long time since I have read the authors other books. It seems as if their ...more
Wil
Sep 07, 2010 Wil rated it really liked it
A great summer read. This book combines historical- and science-fiction to create a great 'what if' story. How did mankind come to develop agriculture, writing and astronomy? Why did they all seem to appear simultaneously in the historical record? Who were the beings referenced in so many people's legends, who brought our ancestors gifts? What if it all could be traced to one place? A fun chase around the world, in search for our origins...
David
Aug 03, 2011 David rated it liked it
Beach book....flat characters, cliche plot....Dan Brown wannabe...little by way of dramatic tension...no surprises....predictable plot twists...but mildly amusing. If you want a book that can be picked up and put down quickly and requires little or no effort this will be for you. Pretty good beach book....but the writing is much better than Brown's....non-disruptive is how I would describe it.
Joye
Nov 14, 2011 Joye rated it liked it
I felt this book tried too hard to seem like an action movie script. It seemed disjointed going from so many multiple points of view. I didn't feel it came to an adequate conclusion. Good premise, though!
Doug Keipp
Dec 13, 2010 Doug Keipp rated it really liked it
Ancient civilizations. Lost civilizations. Alien conspiracies. Government cover-ups. Secret societies. Maverick billionaires. What's not to love? And well written to boot. While it's more thriller than mystery, it's a fun journey.
Deena Scintilla
Mar 18, 2011 Deena Scintilla rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this book & think it would be a good thriller/sci-fi movie.
Karla
Jun 08, 2011 Karla added it
Thriller about DNA and human genes and elite group of 12 who came from the original gods.
Julie
Sep 05, 2015 Julie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book had so much potential. Authors Judith and Garfield Reeves-Stevens had a great idea for a book but didn't know how to execute it. The story is choppy because it follows too many different story lines that never truly resolve, even at the end of the book. The characters are not developed; there's no background to any of them so we don't know how or why they got to where they are when the story starts. There's no resolution at the book's conclusion. I really didn't understand what the sec ...more
Desi
Jul 23, 2012 Desi rated it liked it
Icefire and Quicksilver are two of my favorite books. I eagerly awaited another book from this powerful duo. Search was good, but did not live up to the greatness of the past books. I must say that the last few chapters were the best in the book. It actually took several attempts for me to get past the first few chapters as the "hook" just wasn't there. Still worth reading, especially for the surprise twists at the end of the book.
Chris
Jan 27, 2014 Chris rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The cover, title page, etc. of the book I read all said "Search" but when I scanned the ISBN, Good Reads found "The White Island." A place of that name plays a key role in the story but it's odd. Whatever.

I saw this compared to Dan Brown's works (esp. The DaVinci Code) and I think that's apt. It not high brow but it's a well told yarn of hidden meanings that are almost plausible. I am left wanting another book in a series with these characters for another.
Dave Moore
Billie
Aug 01, 2011 Billie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a really good book, one that my kid could read. It moved along great with questions of how, why, who.
Joe
Joe rated it liked it
Mar 19, 2011
Madelynn
Madelynn rated it liked it
Aug 18, 2012
Chris
Chris rated it liked it
Nov 12, 2011
Emily
Emily rated it liked it
Mar 04, 2011
David Burton
David Burton rated it really liked it
Dec 30, 2010
Sandra
Sandra rated it liked it
Jan 13, 2011
Stanalei
Stanalei rated it it was amazing
Jan 28, 2016
Daniel
Daniel rated it liked it
Mar 27, 2013
John F. Weitkamp
John F. Weitkamp rated it it was amazing
Dec 27, 2015
Warren Medrano
Warren Medrano rated it liked it
Dec 30, 2012
Kevin McCormick
Kevin McCormick rated it liked it
Jan 16, 2014
John
John rated it liked it
Mar 28, 2013
Greg Buxton
Greg Buxton rated it really liked it
Aug 22, 2010
Wen
Wen rated it really liked it
Apr 08, 2011
Danielle
Danielle rated it it was amazing
May 21, 2011
Lawrence Gertig
Lawrence Gertig rated it it was amazing
Aug 02, 2012
Rachell Coe
Rachell Coe rated it really liked it
May 07, 2012