Start by marking “Heist Society (Heist Society, #1)” as Want to Read:
Heist Society (Heist Society, #1)

Heist Society (Heist Society #1)

3.92  ·  Rating Details ·  73,178 Ratings  ·  4,544 Reviews
When Katarina Bishop was three, her parents took her on a trip to the Louvre...to case it. For her seventh birthday, Katarina and her Uncle Eddie traveled to Austria... to steal the crown jewels. When Kat turned fifteen, she planned a con of her own--scamming her way into the best boarding school in the country, determined to leave the family business behind. Unfortunately ...more
Published February 9th 2010 by Disney Hyperion

To ask other readers questions about Heist Society, please sign up.

Kylie George For sure read the other series by Ally Carter called The Gallagher Girls. It's about a spy school for girls and it is amazing! The series gets better…moreFor sure read the other series by Ally Carter called The Gallagher Girls. It's about a spy school for girls and it is amazing! The series gets better as the books go on.(less)
Reagan Eure It's not a "good hook", but I enjoyed it. It took a while for me to get into it, but once I was, I loved it.

Kat Kennedy
Dec 04, 2013 Kat Kennedy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Teenagers. The real kind - the ones with pimples
My husband once told me a story about a neighbour he had before his family moved to our city. His very friendly, community conscious neighbour had a mower stollen one night by a couple of drunken goons. His parents gave him their sympathy and inquired as to why he didn't call the police. He replied that he didn't need to.

Whoever this man really was and whatever he really did, I won't expound on. It's enough to say that two days later his mower was returned to his yard. Cleaned. With a free case
Lyndsey
Also posted on STRANGEMORE.COM.

Who is in the Heist Society?

* One of them is a mini Sydney-Bristow-in-training, whose family has been falsely accused, and she's armed with a big attitude and huge problems.

* Then there is the handsome and debonair millionaire thief who compares dancing to navigating through a laser grid.

* There is also the beauty who is literally electrifying in high heels and a skirt. At least, when she gets too close to priceless works of art.

* Two of them are the ones who
Heather
Jul 16, 2011 Heather rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: to people who liked the movie Ocean's Eleven or just looking for something new
I love it when you get excited when seeing a book you never heard of before, and then while reading, it turns out to be fantastic, instead of the opposite. I am now a huge fan of Ally Carter's. I have her other series (the Gallagher Girls), but I just haven't had the time to read them yet...what, with so many other books to read, but not now. I wont wait to read them.

I can see this series becoming my new YA favorite.

I loved the characters and the twist and turns in the plot-line. It wasn't pred
Sue (Hollywood News Source)

Listen to my Heist Society fanmix in 8tracks and see the tracklist here.

Actual Rating: 4.5 stars

This book is everything I wanted and more.

Heist Society has the same international thrill as The Conspiracy of Us which is one of my favorite reads this year. And it went delightfully well. I might be crying tears of blood. Please give me twenty. Mini review to come.
Krystle
May 28, 2011 Krystle rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: art
Okay, the only reason I wanted to read this book was because I took a course called “Art in Popular Literature” and it was an awesome class that really sparked my interest in art. Perhaps that wasn’t the right perspective to view this book from because the complete absence and respect paid to the true real works of art in this book left me absolutely pissed.

First of all, for the majority of the book I was so confused. All the amounts of names for characters we had to keep track of and backstory
Bry
Definitely 5 stars! Put it this way, I got this on audiobook from the library, finished it today in the car on the way to work, and stopped at the book store on the way home from work to buy a copy to keep. What a great premise! A bunch of preteens pulling off an Ocean's 11 worthy heist all in the name of saving family.

Katerina Bishop (such a fantastic name) is the daughter of Bobby Bishop - one of the world's greatest thief's - and she is well on her way to being the same. She pulled her first
C.B. Cook
Re-read review: Good gravy, Ally Carter is a magician!!! In spite of the fact that I already knew everything that happened, I still couldn't put this down. HOW??? XD Definitely just as good as the first time! (See below for some content problems.)

Original:
How do I start to describe this book? It was amazing, wonderful, epic... I'm already fairly certain that this will be one of my absolute favoritest books of all time. I have a thing for superheroes, and the next best thing to superheroes are sp
Muse-ic
This was a meh read. When it got to a certain point, I kept glancing at the percentage at the bottom of my kindle screen to see if I was almost done.
It's not a bad book and the idea was interesting, but I didn't really feel it.

First off, it was rather vague. I couldn't really connect to any of the characters because I hardly got to know them.
Also there were times where this book confusingly jumped between different POV's and lost me in the process. It was hardly a change of paragraph before we
Angel Erin

I just adored Heist Society! It was such a cute and fun read. I was not sure what to expect going into this one since I am not usually interested in espionage novels, but this series just looked so good that I decided to try it. Plus I needed an espionage read for the Insane Genre Challenge. I am glad I gave it a try because it was the perfect YA espionage novel.

This book is just what I was looking for when I picked it up. It has everything in it that I w
Rachel Lightwood

Heist Society was one of the most confusing books I have ever read and by that I don't necessarily mean the plotline was befuddling - though it was not exactly easy to follow - I mean that my feelings towards the characters and the book in general was different for every chapter which left me awfully confused for most of the book. One point I was loving it, next I was confused, then I a little bored only to be shocked by an intense scene bursting with suspense, intrigue and mysteriousness.

The id
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
I love tales about thieves and con artists, book series like The Curse Workers and movies like Ocean’s Eleven. I love it when seemingly random events come together neatly and cleverly in the end. Therefore, I loved Heist Society. It is admittedly not as clever as White Cat, for example, but I had a hard time putting it down and that’s a big deal these days.

Fifteen-year-old Katarina Bishop is a very experienced con artist. She may be ridiculously young, but in her line of work, she’s one of the b
Chamonix
Mar 23, 2011 Chamonix rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
WHY? I don't understand all these stellar reviews. It's mind boggling because truly this book was nothing spectacular. It was clever, sure. I like the idea of it more than I like the book per se.

The main character is a ninny. All she ever does is float around worrying, trying to reassure me that although she has/had amazing ninja stealing skills, she doesn't approve of them. GET OUT OF THE WAY PRISCILLA, I'LL TAKE YOUR PLACE. GUN-FRICKING-HO. Not to mention she was flat. Like, tasteless kind of
♥♡¢σσкιє♥♡ (Krystle)
Seriously, if you wan't to have some fun, read this book!

(Okay, that last gif was unnecessarily violent, but you should still read this book)

Review to come!
Siiri (Little Pieces of Imagination)
I spent the better half of today tucked between the covers in my bed reading this gem. It was such a fun experience as always with Ally's books. I love this crew and the theme is A+, of course! Kat just took a spot among some of my favorite YA heroines.

description

There are a few things that bothered me a bit:

a. as much as short skirts =/= anything bad and YAY for girls wearing them if they want to and not wearing them if they don't want to, but it bothered me that Gabrielle is 16 and when (view spoiler)
Nic
Rating: 4.5 stars

Favourite Quote: "It is an occupational hazard that anyone who has spent her life learning how to lie eventually becomes bad at telling the truth."

Heist Society is a brilliant read! It was fun and fast paced and I loved every minute of it.

Kat is a 15 year old retired thief or was until she was forced to get back in the family business in order to save her Dad. Her father has been set up, accused of stealing paintings from a mobster type of guy that lead to some very dangerous co
Emily  (ObsessedReader)
Review when I first read this book, September 2011: 3 Stars. I REALLY liked this book! Very different from what I am used to reading, which is fantasy and chick-lit. I really liked the story line, and I can't wait to read the second book!
The only thing I wish was different about this book, is the main character, Kat. I like her, but I feel like I didn't know enough about her. I found myself wanting to know more about her personality, or her past.
With that aside, I loved just about everything els
PurplyCookie
After a childhood spent assisting her father, one of the world’s most talented art thieves, Katarina Bishop tries to leave the family business behind when she forges her way into a New England boarding school.

She quickly discovers, though, that her past is inescapable. Her father has been accused of stealing already stolen masterpieces from a dangerous Italian billionaire. Certain that her father is innocent, Kat resolves to find the missing paintings and return them to their unsavory owner, wh
Daiane (Away for a month :/)
Actual Rating: 3.5

Did you know that your great-great-grandmother was a very fine painter in her own right?"
Kat nodded. She did know. Who else could have forged the Mona Lisa that hung in the Louvre?

If you are looking for a really complicated book with mean thieves, this is not your book.
If you are looking for a big hot romance, this is not your book. Yet, I hope.
Now, if you are looking for a light read with a lot of cons and testing others' abilities, this is definitely your book.

Never live
Liz* Fashionably Late
3.5 Stars
First Marie Lu with Legend and now Ally Carter... Let me ask you one thing, what kind of sixteen year old kids were you back then?

My big and only problem with this book is how a couple of sixteen year old kids manage to do extraordinary things despite not being this a fantasy book? Or was it? Why so goddamn young?

Heist Society was good, very good. The kind of book you can read on a sunny afternoon. It was funny, smart, light and so delightfully written. Kind of Ocean's Eleven for YA,
Jae (Bookish Bluebird)
4.5 stars!
I love heist movies so I guess it's not much of a surprised that I really enjoyed this book!! I loved the countdown pages and how this book made me feel like I've traveled the world as part of their team haa. There were some scenes that I wished I could have seen since I had trouble visualizing some of the details of their heist even with the descriptive narrative. The characters were all fantastic and hilarious. The crew dynamic was my favorite!

Full review to come!
Lala_Loopsie [fire breathing B!tch Queen]
OK. At this point, I don't know where i left the book. But the book seemed promesing.
~Tina~
Feb 19, 2010 ~Tina~ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Katarina Bishop has pulled off one of the biggest cons of her life, stealing an education to one of the best schools in the world, only to be framed, expelled, and thrown back into her old life of lies and thievery.
Five famous pieces of art work as been stolen by someone who's not to be messed with and Kat's father as been blamed. Now Kat and her band of thieves has two weeks to steal it back.

Heist Society is a surge of excitement and an absolute thrilling blast!
I have to hand it to Ally Carter,
Erin
Three stars in the best way possible. :)

This is the story of Katarina Bishop. She is a teenager, a boarding school reject, and an unambiguously moralistic thief. Kat and her posse of fellow teen thieves are on a mission to clear her dad's name of a dangerous crime before the dude he supposedly ripped off (who has the coolest name ever, Arturo Taccone) uses her father as an example of what happens when Mr. Taccone is crossed. Intrigue!

Honestly, the beginning chapters did not grab me. At all. I th
Melissa
May 22, 2011 Melissa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series
As a fan of Ally Carter's Gallagher Girls series, I was surprised to find out that she was coming out with another series. However, surprise quickly turned into anticipation after I read the summary of Heist Society, especially since it was about thieves.

Heist Society was a great, quick read. The plot was suspenseful, full of twists and turns; the characters were unique and interesting; and the writing was quite dramatic at times, making certain scenes have more of an impact to the story.

I reall
Rebecca L. Snowe
This book was like a mash up of National Treasure and the Pink Panther movies!

Kind of slow at times, and not enough detail or explanation at other, it was overall a fun and quick read with a lot of suspense and build up. I felt that it would have been better if it had of been written in first person and I didn't like the love triangle between Hale, Kat, and Nick but than I usually don't like love triangles so maybe its just me.

As I said overall a enjoyable read and I will be reading the next on
Brooke ♥booklife4life♥
Dec 30, 2015 Brooke ♥booklife4life♥ rated it really liked it
At A Glance

Genre:
Young Adult; Thriller
Love Triangle/Insta Love/Obsesion?: Slight Triangle.
Cliff Hanger: Eh.

Total: 8

In Dept

Best Part:
Art thief thriller!
Worst Part: Where is everyone's parents!?
Thoughts Had: Really!?; Oh i like the deadline!; This is fast!

Conclusion

Continuing the Series:
Recommending: yes

Short Review: This book moves very fast. The only issue
Miriam
Dec 26, 2015 Miriam rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
That was so much fun! The perfect holiday read. Off to read the second book.^^
Gillian
I loved that. I wish I had the second one with me right now
agustina. ♔
3,5
I loved Hale so much.
Alexandra
First I want to say this is a pretty fun and enjoyable read. Of the light and fluffy variety. But I had a big issue with it that continuously spoiled my ability to enjoy this story. Particularly since this story is about and for teens. And no, my issue wasn't how ridiculously implausible it is. I can go with implausible when it's well-written and entertaining.

I'm certainly able to enjoy a story about unrepentant and even sympathetic criminals (I loved Paper Moon). This isn't that.

Kat here isn't
YA Buddy Readers'...: Heist Society series by Ally Carter - Reading "Heist Society" from June 20th 2016 155 138 Jun 28, 2016 03:30PM
Bookreads :): Heist Society 1 2 Jan 10, 2016 12:03PM
2016 Reading Chal...: Heist Society by Ally Carter 1 9 Oct 17, 2015 09:37PM
A Million More Pages: 1 - Heist Society (Heist Society): Apr 27 13 19 May 05, 2015 02:15PM
The Heist Society 1 13 May 01, 2015 06:04PM
Favorite YA Con Artist Book? 1 22 Mar 28, 2015 02:34PM
  • Down to the Wire (The Specialists, #2)
  • Killer Spirit (The Squad, #2)
  • The Body at the Tower (The Agency, #2)
  • Scarlett Fever (Scarlett, #2)
  • Also Known As (Also Known As, #1)
  • Broadway Lights (Secrets of My Hollywood Life, #5)
  • Goddess Boot Camp (Oh. My. Gods., #2)
  • The Cinderella Society (The Cinderella Society, #1)
  • I'm So Sure (The Charmed Life, #2)
  • Den of Thieves (Cat Royal, #3)
  • Red Glove (Curse Workers, #2)
  • Front and Center (Dairy Queen, #3)
  • Kitty Kitty (Bad Kitty, #2)
  • Just One Wish
Ally Carter writes books about spies, thieves, and teenagers. She is the New York Times Best-selling author of the Gallagher Girls and Heist Society series. Her books have been published all over the world, in over twenty languages.

ALL FALL DOWN is the first book in her highly-anticipated new series, Embassy Row. Book 2, SEE HOW THEY RUN will be in stores Dec 22, 2015.

She encourages you to visit
More about Ally Carter...

Heist Society (4 books)
  • Uncommon Criminals (Heist Society, #2)
  • Perfect Scoundrels (Heist Society, #3)
  • Untitled (Heist Society, #4)

“It is an occupational hazard that anyone who has spent her life learning how to lie eventually becomes bad at telling the truth.” 1075 likes
“And I didn't choose it, Kat. I chose you.” 462 likes