Dark & Day

Dark & Day

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  24 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Journey to a world torn between Dark & Day! It is earth like you have never seen it; a sphere of mythical creatures, epic adventures and lurking mysteries!

Jonothon Wyer is the scrawniest kid in the Twilight Ring. His only hope to become healthy & whole is to join the army of the Empress of the Dark End. On his last fateful wake at home, Jono makes an unexpected dis...more
Published June 1st 2010 by Jacob Israel Grey

Israel Grey
Apr 05, 2011 Israel Grey rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
(Review from a fan via Deviant Art)
First of all, this is what everyone should be doing: READING DARK AND DAY.
Period.

Unless you've already read it, then you should be posting on the forums and waiting for the second book!

No seriously, it's a great read, and reading is awesome.
It's a way to help your imagination form unimaginable worlds, guided by someone else.

Check out [link] !

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

So, what's this all about?

[Intro]
Somewhere there's a world full of magic and highly advanced te...more
Cathy
I won this in a GoodReads giveaway some time ago intending to give it to my little nephew. But I'm going to give it a go. Looks like good reading. I apologize for not getting to it before now.
--------------------------------------------------------
This is a great story probably intended for middle-schoolers but I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Jono is 11 and has been sickly all his life. The only way he can aspire to good health is to get good grades and be accepted into military academy where his life w...more
Paul
I can remember as a youth, nestled under heavy blankets on a cold winters night just delving into my favorite books. As a young man with no lacking for vivid imagination I often would craft my own costumes of my favorite characters from the stories. Brandishing my cardboard tube that you get out of the center of wrapping paper for a sword and wearing an old blanket I would play with my brothers in the backyard. Each of us would argue over who got to be the good guys and bad guys and usually as t...more
Eliece
I remember reading the Lord of the Rings series under my covers with a flashlight and being so tired for school the next day. I fell in love with that series a few years ago, later I read the Harry Potter series and a few months ago I really got into The Lightning Thief -- that new Percy Jackson series. NOW! I am reading Dark & Day by Israel Gray.. this book is a fantastic combination of some of my favorite stories from movies, books, I see parallels from my favorite characters in Anime and...more
Rachel Brune
I decided to grab a copy after seeing a post in a Facebook "Blogging the Books" group. I am recently intentionally reading genres outside my main interest, and YA is one of those genres, so I decided to give it a chance.

The first thing that grabbed my eye was the well-illustrated cover. The fully-realized, visually catching graphics are repeated through the book, and they are wonderful. The author credits each one at the end, as multiple artists worked on it. Kudos to the author and illustrators...more
W
I haven't read the book but I know the author. He is a delightful and interesting fellow. I really have no excuse for not reading his work, other than the fact that I can't find a electronic copy for my Nook.

Mr. Grey is about the hardest working, most generous, humble, honest, disciplined man I know. A true Renascence man.

I wish him well with this book and the subsequent books.
S1h4d0w
May 08, 2011 S1h4d0w rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone!
Recommended to S1h4d0w by: Deviantart
A must read!

If you're into fantasy, liked the Narnia and/or Harry Potter books, or just like reading, check it out.
It's an awesome story set in a unique universe and will leave you wanting for more!
Tessa
Usually not a fantasy girl but I won this book on goodreads and decided to give it a try and I am really glad I did! Very good book I thoroughly enjoyed this till the very end.
Rod Weymouth
Excellent read for all ages. I can;t wait for the second book.
Kiki
I really enjoyed this book! I thought the characters were engaging and the storyline was fun. I did have a bit of a problem following who was who in the big battle scene, but was able to sort it out during the aftermath. But overall it was a great read and has promise to make an awesome series. I look forward to reading the next one!
Cynthia
I loved the drawings!!! It was so cute, cuddly and lovable. Of course, this is coming from a teen which loves small and little things. The characters were very lovable and the title pretty much draws out my enthusiasm. After winning this I have to say that it brought me back to my childhood with fairy tales and others. It is recommended.
Mike
Perhaps a good book, but the editing is so poor that it prevented me from being able to pay attention to the story. I ultimately became too frustrated with the reading experience and stopped almost half way through.
Lady Belinda

I'm excited to read this book. I haven't received it yet from the giveaway I won, but I look forward to getting it and reading. I hope that it is worth all this waiting around.
Emrie
Emrie marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2014
Don
Don marked it as to-read
May 31, 2014
Michael Goff
Michael Goff marked it as to-read
May 23, 2014
Daniel
Daniel marked it as to-read
May 19, 2014
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
May 06, 2014
Gabbie
Gabbie marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2014
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2014
Cristina
Cristina marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2013
Dana
Dana marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2013
Christina Browne
Christina Browne marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2013
Hanna
Hanna marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2013
Patreyes
Patreyes marked it as to-read
May 21, 2013
Amadeus
Amadeus marked it as to-read
May 02, 2013
Carol
Carol marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2013