Start by marking “The One Minute Sales Person: The Quickest Way to Sell People on Yourself, Your Services, Products, or Ideas--at Work and in Life” as Want to Read:

In this newly released edition of one of his classic books, The One Minute Sales Person, Spencer Johnson, the author of the number one New York Times bestseller Who Moved My Cheese?, shows you how to sell your ideas, products, or services successfully! This is the book that has proved to be a must-have for the millions of people who were looking for the quickest way to imp ...more
Published October 1st 2002 by William Morrow (first published September 28th 1984)

Jak
Mar 23, 2011 Jak rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I moved into a commercial sales role last summer and someone recommended this book to me because of this. However, the book is largely new age bunkum with some basic ideas we should know anyway. Baring in mind it doesn’t really impart much in the way of knowledge it still manages to be condescending while doing it, which is some feat.

A very easy read, easy enough to do in one sitting in fact. Particularly as the type face is big and many pages aren't even full of text. It comes in at 108 pages
Addy
Aug 26, 2016 Addy rated it it was amazing
I found this book in an old shoe box. I was 19 when this book was given to me by my sales manager. Yes, I was a salesman back then. The book didn't exactly help because soon afterwards I quit my job. A few years later, I decided to really shake things up and left for LA to pursue my childhood ambition: filmmaking. It worked out well and after years in film school and working professionally, I am now an independent, self-employed filmmaker.

So what made me read this book again? Well, I did find i
Osama
Oct 11, 2012 Osama rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
كتاب قيم و مفيد، أثر في نظرتي للبيع و للعلاقات الإجتماعية و المعاملات و طبقت بعض مبادئه و وجدتها فعالة جداً. شكراً للمؤلف
Jeffrey West
Jul 25, 2012 Jeffrey West rated it really liked it
This book was fantastic! As I was reading it I thought of areas of my life other than sales that I could apply the principles. Selling an idea to a child is sometimes near impossible. I think this book will help a lot in that area. Also the parts about goals and self praise will not only boost my sales but will help me in the personal and spiritual parts of my life. But the biggest thing I took away from this is that you can get what you want in life only when your purpose is to help as many oth ...more
Daniel Taylor
In this brief book, Spencer Johnson outlines sales methods that are simple to understand easy to implement. Read this book, take action, and your sales will increase!
Lazybee
Feb 09, 2016 Lazybee rated it liked it
Not that helpful, but fun to read
Simeon
Nov 13, 2016 Simeon rated it it was amazing
WOW! A Superb, Fast and Easy read. The One Minute Salesperson should me mandatory read for everyone, whether or not they sell for a living.
Leilux
Sep 01, 2016 Leilux rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
در زیر 6 مؤلفهای را که در کتاب فروشنده یک دقیقه ای بیانشده است با توضیحات مختصری بخوانید:

قبل از فروش:
در فکر این باشید که به مردم در جهت رسیدن به چیزهایی که میخواهند داشته باشند، کمک کنید تا هر چه سریعتر آنها را به دست بیاورند
ویژگیها و خصوصیات آنچه قصد فروشش را دارید مرتباً بررسی و مرور کنید.
سعی کنید منافع و امتیازاتی را که قصد فروش آنها را دارید جهت کمک به مردم، برای رسیدن به احساسی باشد که میخواهند.
در طول فروش:
در طول فروش یک دقیقه برای خود فرصت دهید تا قصدتان را یادآوری کنید، کمک کردن به مردم ب
Robert
Jun 11, 2015 Robert rated it really liked it
When I was in my childhood years, I heard George Burns say, "I would rather be a failure at something I enjoyed than a success at something I hated.". This book is based on the premise that if you are not enjoying what you do you are not going to be your most successful self. Yes, the title of the book suggests that it is a primer on sales. In the opening chapter the authors point out that selling isn't really about pushing products. It is about presenting solutions. If you are selling televisio ...more
Ged Cusack
Jul 28, 2016 Ged Cusack rated it liked it
As the title would suggest this is a book about Selling. The learning’s in the book are presented in a parable. The main character is an inexperienced sales person who approaches a successful older character (The One Minute Salesman) to learn how to be a better sales person. As we are guided through the story our hero meets previous students of the older character in various positions and industries.
Each New character provides teachings in different aspects of sales. The characters are not all
Andy
Apr 26, 2011 Andy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this one so much that I took notes and then looked for the company online. The book claimed that you could apply the principles to any area in your life or any job, not just sales. I discovered that Larry Wilson (the co-author) had taken his little company from Minnesota and gone global with it. The site was great and I found pdfs to download & watched a couple of podcasts. The URL is http://wilsonlearning-americas.com/in... if anyone's interested and if you're not based in the US, y ...more
James
Oct 13, 2014 James rated it it was amazing
Shelves: business, psychology
It repeated much of what I already knew, but from a selling perspective. It was very good, and what it advocates is completely true. You can easily apply these techniques to your life. It's good to remember that selling is not just for selling products, but it is to sell your ideas to people. When you talk to your children, spouse, ask a person out on a date; nearly every word we speak is selling, so let us remember that we should think about the other person first in our daily interactions, and ...more
Deepak Chaudhary
Mar 18, 2012 Deepak Chaudhary rated it it was amazing
Shelves: recommended
Very cool book anyone not only people in sales should read it but especially sales people. Its actually very common sense stuff but when you are lost trying to make sales you can lose the right things to do. Its a really small book you can actually read it in a few hours which is good because other books are usually full of fluff. Once you have read it you should keep it aside for future readings as well as its likely you'll forget when sales stress start going up.
Maliza Mukungu
I need to listen to this audio book again because there are a lot of nuggets to learn from and it is heard to surmise what I learned. like most sales programs I have listened too, he touches on concentrating on the customer, however he introduces the importance of selling on purpose, separating one's behavior from one's self and knowing what to praise and what to reprimand but most importantly understanding that a customer knows what they want and they can smell a sale from afar off.
Mark Speed
Nov 16, 2014 Mark Speed rated it really liked it
Shelves: business
Some really good basics in here. It's not just about selling - it's about getting motivated and getting better outcomes in your life. If you think you don't 'sell' things to people around you, you're dead wrong. Ever tried to persuade a reluctant partner to go and watch a movie, go on holiday, etc.?
Shemeice Ashmore
Jan 02, 2015 Shemeice Ashmore rated it it was amazing
Reading this has change my perspective of sales, especially since I have absolutely no sales experience. I have taken want notes that I can apply not only in my business, but also within my personal life.
Patrick Moran
Aug 27, 2016 Patrick Moran rated it really liked it
Sales meets The Secret. This a quick read that emphasizes the power of visualization and applies it to consultative sales. I enjoyed it thoroughly and found it to be a great refresher on applying life principles of positivity, honesty, and integrity.
Aaron Raphael
May 02, 2014 Aaron Raphael rated it really liked it
A quick read on some simple principles to manage the sales pitch process and to manage yourself. A lot of it requires visualization of positive outcomes infused with one min methodology. An interesting framework to ponder on.
Eric Outen
Sep 09, 2009 Eric Outen rated it it was amazing
Some people really love this book, others think it's crap. If you're in the former you're probably evolved and motivated to make a difference in the world and your life. if you're in the latter you better get used to saying, "Would you like fries with that?"
Kathy Crow
Dec 16, 2015 Kathy Crow rated it liked it
A short book, clearly presented. I am sure if you follow the tips, your sales will increase. I would not want to live my life in the driven manner of the author, however, which is probably why financial success eludes me.
Dontee Gonzales
Apr 09, 2014 Dontee Gonzales rated it really liked it
Good easy read that has some great points. Often times people in sales get caught up with quotas and awards. This book helps you put things in perspective. No one likes to be sold, but we all love to buy. They key is finding why we buy and what we want.
Peter
Mar 30, 2009 Peter rated it did not like it
I'm reading this at the request of my law firm's management, which has made it mandatory reading for all lawyers.
Sean Harry
Jun 10, 2014 Sean Harry rated it liked it
A classic. I love the way he uses the "fable" to share quality information. This is one of those books I read every few years. The content never fades.
St-Michel
Jan 17, 2008 St-Michel rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 1997, own
I remember having to read this for something - what for and why, I have no idea. Needless to say, I hated every minute of it and it certainly is 100+ pages of crap I could have easily done without.
Owen Yoder
Jun 07, 2013 Owen Yoder rated it it was amazing
Must Read!
Whether you are in sales or homemaker, or anything in between, you will gain easy to apply information for every day !!
Ronnie
Feb 21, 2009 Ronnie rated it really liked it
The structure/format of the book is kinda weird/silly for a book of this kind, but it didn't make reading it any less effortless. For a self-help, this is a positively light read.
Hashim Al-Zain
Apr 02, 2011 Hashim Al-Zain rated it it was amazing
If you think sales book are ONLY for salespeople, you're mistaking! Even a thought or an opinion needs selling, and this book will help demonstrate how
Dennis Miller
This is a good book, fun to read like the other One Minute books.
Full of simple but powerful tools to help any sales person achieve their goals.
Dante
Mar 25, 2015 Dante rated it really liked it
A quick read that preaches the kind of core values that should be the foundation of a successful sales career.
Peter
Aug 11, 2014 Peter rated it it was ok
Shelves: work-read
Re-read. First time was in the 80s or 90s.

Didn't like the writing style much. Did get a few nuggets from the book however.
  • Advanced Selling Strategies: The Proven System of Sales Ideas, Methods, and Techniques Used by Top Salespeople
  • Putting the One Minute Manager to Work: How to Turn the 3 Secrets into Skills
  • Smart Trust: How People, Companies, and Countries Are Prospering from High Trust in a Low Trust World
  • Cold Calling Techniques (That Really Work!)
  • The SPIN Selling Fieldbook: Practical Tools, Methods, Exercises, and Resources
  • Jeffrey Gitomer's Little Red Book of Sales Answers: 99.5 Real World Answers That Make Sense, Make Sales, and Make Money
  • Ziglar on Selling
  • 13 fatal errors managers make and how you can avoid them
  • Lean Solutions: How Companies and Customers Can Create Value and Wealth Together
  • Coaching Salespeople Into Sales Champions: A Tactical Playbook for Managers and Executives
  • The Awakening Course: The Secret to Solving All Problems
  • Never Too Late To Be Great: The Power of Thinking Long
  • Primary Greatness: The 12 Levers of Success
  • Brave: 50 Everyday Acts of Courage to Thrive in Work, Love, and Life
  • Public Speaking and Influencing Men in Business  (From the author of 'How to Win Friends & Influence People')
  • How to Work a Room, 25th Anniversary Edition: The Ultimate Guide to Making Lasting Connections--In Person and Online
  • Exploiting Chaos: 150 Ways to Spark Innovation During Times of Change
  • Work with Me: The 8 Blind Spots Between Men and Women in Business
Spencer Johnson, M.D., is the author of several New York Times bestsellers, including The One Minute Manager, all in the entertaining style of a parable that contains useful information readers can use in their own lives. There are more than thirteen million copies of his books in print in over twenty-five languages.

Dr. Johnson's education includes a psychology degree from the University of Southe
More about Spencer Johnson...