Start by marking “One Minute Sales Person, The: The Quickest Way to Sell People on Yourself, Your Services, Products, or Ideas--at Work and in Life” as Want to Read:

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  531 ratings  ·  36 reviews
In this newly released edition of one of his classic books, The One Minute Sales Person, Spencer Johnson, the author of the number one New York Times bestseller Who Moved My Cheese?, shows you how to sell your ideas, products, or services successfully! This is the book that has proved to be a must-have for the millions of people who were looking for the quickest way to imp ...more
Published October 1st 2002 by William Morrow (first published September 28th 1984)

To ask other readers questions about One Minute Sales Person, The, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Minute Sales Person, The

Jak
I moved into a commercial sales role last summer and someone recommended this book to me because of this. However, the book is largely new age bunkum with some basic ideas we should know anyway. Baring in mind it doesn’t really impart much in the way of knowledge it still manages to be condescending while doing it, which is some feat.

A very easy read, easy enough to do in one sitting in fact. Particularly as the type face is big and many pages aren't even full of text. It comes in at 108 pages
Adnan
Sep 18, 2014 Adnan rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: self
I found this book in an old shoe box. I was 19 when this book was given to me by my sales manager. Yes, I was a salesman back then. The book didn't exactly help because soon afterwards I quit my job. A few years later, I decided to really shake things up and left for LA to pursue my childhood ambition: filmmaking. It worked out well and after years in film school and working professionally, I am now an independent, self-employed filmmaker.

So what made me read this book again? Well, I did find i
Jeffrey West
This book was fantastic! As I was reading it I thought of areas of my life other than sales that I could apply the principles. Selling an idea to a child is sometimes near impossible. I think this book will help a lot in that area. Also the parts about goals and self praise will not only boost my sales but will help me in the personal and spiritual parts of my life. But the biggest thing I took away from this is that you can get what you want in life only when your purpose is to help as many oth ...more
James
It repeated much of what I already knew, but from a selling perspective. It was very good, and what it advocates is completely true. You can easily apply these techniques to your life. It's good to remember that selling is not just for selling products, but it is to sell your ideas to people. When you talk to your children, spouse, ask a person out on a date; nearly every word we speak is selling, so let us remember that we should think about the other person first in our daily interactions, and ...more
Maliza Mukungu
I need to listen to this audio book again because there are a lot of nuggets to learn from and it is heard to surmise what I learned. like most sales programs I have listened too, he touches on concentrating on the customer, however he introduces the importance of selling on purpose, separating one's behavior from one's self and knowing what to praise and what to reprimand but most importantly understanding that a customer knows what they want and they can smell a sale from afar off.
Mark Speed
Some really good basics in here. It's not just about selling - it's about getting motivated and getting better outcomes in your life. If you think you don't 'sell' things to people around you, you're dead wrong. Ever tried to persuade a reluctant partner to go and watch a movie, go on holiday, etc.?
Pat Moran
Sales meets The Secret. This a quick read that emphasizes the power of visualization and applies it to consultative sales. I enjoyed it thoroughly and found it to be a great refresher on applying life principles of positivity, honesty, and integrity.
Sean Harry
A classic. I love the way he uses the "fable" to share quality information. This is one of those books I read every few years. The content never fades.
DANIEL GHANIME
Nicely Put, straight forward guideline and enlightening read.
Noha Alanany
كتاب رائع بيقدم فكر جديد لطرق البيع باسلوب شيق بعيد عن رتابه الكتب الدراسيه
Andy
I loved this one so much that I took notes and then looked for the company online. The book claimed that you could apply the principles to any area in your life or any job, not just sales. I discovered that Larry Wilson (the co-author) had taken his little company from Minnesota and gone global with it. The site was great and I found pdfs to download & watched a couple of podcasts. The URL is http://wilsonlearning-americas.com/in... if anyone's interested and if you're not based in the US, y ...more
Shemeice Ashmore
Reading this has change my perspective of sales, especially since I have absolutely no sales experience. I have taken want notes that I can apply not only in my business, but also within my personal life.
Deepak Chaudhary
Very cool book anyone not only people in sales should read it but especially sales people. Its actually very common sense stuff but when you are lost trying to make sales you can lose the right things to do. Its a really small book you can actually read it in a few hours which is good because other books are usually full of fluff. Once you have read it you should keep it aside for future readings as well as its likely you'll forget when sales stress start going up.
Peter
Re-read. First time was in the 80s or 90s.

Didn't like the writing style much. Did get a few nuggets from the book however.
Bharathi
Loved the book. It confirms my belief that the sales and honesty can sail together.
Aaron Raphael
A quick read on some simple principles to manage the sales pitch process and to manage yourself. A lot of it requires visualization of positive outcomes infused with one min methodology. An interesting framework to ponder on.
Eric Outen
Some people really love this book, others think it's crap. If you're in the former you're probably evolved and motivated to make a difference in the world and your life. if you're in the latter you better get used to saying, "Would you like fries with that?"
Dontee Gonzales
Good easy read that has some great points. Often times people in sales get caught up with quotas and awards. This book helps you put things in perspective. No one likes to be sold, but we all love to buy. They key is finding why we buy and what we want.
St-Michel
I remember having to read this for something - what for and why, I have no idea. Needless to say, I hated every minute of it and it certainly is 100+ pages of crap I could have easily done without.
Alison Whittington
Some good ideas for anyone, even non-salespeople, but poorly written in a fake-conversational style, so I had a hard time focusing and ended up skimming large portions of the book.
Ronnie
The structure/format of the book is kinda weird/silly for a book of this kind, but it didn't make reading it any less effortless. For a self-help, this is a positively light read.
Hashim Al-Zain
If you think sales book are ONLY for salespeople, you're mistaking! Even a thought or an opinion needs selling, and this book will help demonstrate how
Owen Yoder
Must Read!
Whether you are in sales or homemaker, or anything in between, you will gain easy to apply information for every day !!
Osama
كتاب قيم و مفيد، أثر في نظرتي للبيع و للعلاقات الإجتماعية و المعاملات و طبقت بعض مبادئه و وجدتها فعالة جداً. شكراً للمؤلف
Peter
I'm reading this at the request of my law firm's management, which has made it mandatory reading for all lawyers.
Angela
A very quick, clever read, and great reminder to convey to others what's in it for them.
David Rosage
This was a book was a quick read yet contain some great ideas in relation to selling.
Ahmad Algoz
Jun 21, 2010 Ahmad Algoz marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
ممتع و شيق يحمل أسلوب نادر الوجود بالكتب التسويفية و الإدارية الأخرى
Amy
Some helpful hints for just getting started!
Michelle Beese
Spencer Johnson's books are always in sightful!
  • Putting the One Minute Manager to Work: How to Turn the 3 Secrets into Skills
  • Ziglar on Selling
  • Cold Calling Techniques 5th Edition
  • Fish! Sticks: A Remarkable Way to Adapt to Changing Times and Keep Your Work Fresh
  • How to Work a Room, 25th Anniversary Edition: The Ultimate Guide to Making Lasting Connections--In Person and Online
  • Your Road Map for Success: You Can Get There from Here
  • The Psychology of Selling: How to Sell More, Easier, and Faster Than You Ever Thought Possible
  • Megatrends 2000
  • The Ultimate Weight Solution Food Guide
  • Lean Solutions: How Companies and Customers Can Create Value and Wealth Together
  • Jeffrey Gitomer's Little Red Book of Sales Answers: 99.5 Real World Answers That Make Sense, Make Sales, and Make Money
  • Letters to Karen
  • You Don't Need a Title to Be a Leader: How Anyone, Anywhere, Can Make a Positive Difference
  • How to Get Control of Your Time and Your Life
  • Thriving on Chaos: Handbook for a Management Revolution
  • Go-Givers Sell More
  • Africa Rising: How 900 Million African Consumers Offer More Than You Think
  • Smart Trust: How People, Companies, and Countries Are Prospering from High Trust in a Low Trust World
Spencer Johnson, M.D., is the author of several New York Times bestsellers, including The One Minute Manager, all in the entertaining style of a parable that contains useful information readers can use in their own lives. There are more than thirteen million copies of his books in print in over twenty-five languages.

Dr. Johnson's education includes a psychology degree from the University of Southe
More about Spencer Johnson...
Who Moved My Cheese? The Present : The Secret to Enjoying Your Work And Life, Now! Peaks and Valleys: Making Good And Bad Times Work For You--At Work And In Life Who Moved My Cheese For Teens Yes or No: The Guide to Better Decisions