Start by marking “Nice Girl Does Noir -- Vol. 2” as Want to Read:
Nice Girl Does Noir -- Vol. 2

Nice Girl Does Noir -- Vol. 2 (Nice Girl Does Noir #2)

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  19 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Foreword by Joe Konrath:To read Libby Fischer Hellmann is to love Libby Fischer Hellmann. Her writing is tight, fast, and highly entertaining. But I had no idea Libby was so versatile. My first inkling of this came a few years ago, when I asked her to contribute a story to an anthology I was editing. Frankly, I didn't think she'd make the cut. While Libby doesn't shy away ...more
Published (first published July 26th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Nice Girl Does Noir -- Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nice Girl Does Noir -- Vol. 2

Jun 08, 2010 Libby rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
From The Drowning Machine, May, 2010
Naomi Johnson

When I received two volumes of short stories by Libby Fischer Hellmann to preview, I was not unaware of her writing credentials. I even have her novel, Easy Innocence, in my TBR stacks, and I had read Jen Forbus's interview with her. I lacked firsthand knowledge of her work though.

If you're like me in that regard, NICE GIRL DOES NOIR Volumes I and II, are a great place to get acquainted with Hellmann's talent. V
Fun collection of stories set mostly in the noir category. Many would almost be too lighthearted for darker noir fans, but still a solid collection and fun read.
was ok, not exactly what i think of in the noir genre, but not bad

These are well written stories of the noir variety. I got this book off the free list. It's not really my thing, but if you're into that it's quality writing.
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2015
Brianna Olesh
Brianna Olesh marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2015
Courtney marked it as to-read
May 25, 2015
Carmen marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2015
Gail marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2015
Heather J.
Heather J. marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2015
Linda marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2015
Grace marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2015
Sue marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2014
Kate marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014
B.  Keith Barron
B. Keith Barron marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Lavonn marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2014
JoAnn added it
Nov 03, 2014
June marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2014
Kimmie marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2014
Jane marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2014
Billie Fischer
Billie Fischer marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
Mamat marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Icess marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2014
Jean marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2014
Crista marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Libby's newest crime thriller, THE INCIDENTAL SPY is her 12th crime story. It was released September, 2015. It's set during the early years of the Manhattan Project at the University of Chicago.

Libby is a critically acclaimed crime writer loved by readers the world over for her compulsively readable thrillers and strong female characters.

With critics describing her work as “masterful” and “metic
More about Libby Fischer Hellmann...

Nice Girl Does Noir (2 books)
  • Nice Girl Does Noir, Vol. 1
A Bitter Veil Easy Innocence (Georgia Davis, #1) Havana Lost Set the Night on Fire An Eye for Murder (Ellie Foreman, #1)