Start by marking “Torchlight” as Want to Read:
Torchlight

Torchlight (Full Circle #2)

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  208 ratings  ·  22 reviews
Book 2 of the Best-Selling Full Circle Series
Can the handsome handyman enlisted to renovate Julia’s estate also fix her mixed-up heart?

Published December 1st 1994 by Multnomah Pub (first published July 1st 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Torchlight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Torchlight

Tara
I probably need to start out by saying that how I enjoy a book definitely depends on my mood. And I guess I just was in too much of a YA mood to like this one. I'll at least give it the benefit of doubt :)
Likes: their first meeting--and Trevor's demeanor. He knew she was interested and it was funny to see him make her squirm. I also liked the journals of Anna/Shane they found in Torchlight's attic.
Dislikes: the dialogue seemed cheesy/forced. Also, the POV would switch mid-chapter, sometimes bac
Susan
After inheriting her family’s lighthouse and mansion, heiress Julia Rierdon--sister of Jake Rierdon (Refuge)--travels to the coast of Maine to restore the estate and turn it into a lavish inn. Temporarily separated from her wealthy fiancé, Julia turns to a mysterious stranger for assistance. Motorcycle-riding handyman Trevor Kenbridge is gorgeous, infuriating…and just the man she needs to help her prepare her inn. Could he also be the right man to claim her heart?

Okay, I think Julia is expecting
Alisha
Loved this one more than the first book in this series. I was so enthralled with it that I read it in one day flat (was up until 3am to do so, if that says anything about how hooked I was). I felt much more pulled into Torchlight than I was with Refuge (which I also enjoyed), and it might be because this was a whole book about two couples instead of Refuge being more of two novellas intertwined back-to-back. I always feel guilty rooting against a standing relationship/engagement, but I couldn't ...more
Wendy Sparkes
I really enjoyed this 2nd book in the "Full Circle" Series. Julia renovating her great-grandparents home to make it into an inn with a very handsome handyman! A lovely lighthouse story, with excerpts of Anna's journal to bring Julia's ancestor's love story to light as well.

#1 Refuge (Full Circle) by Lisa Tawn Bergren
#3 Pathways (Full Circle Series #3) by Lisa Tawn Bergren
#4 Treasure (Full Circle) by Lisa Tawn Bergren
#5 Chosen (Full Circle Series #5) by Lisa Tawn Bergren
#6 Firestorm (Full Circle) by Lisa Tawn Bergren
Rhonda Buedefeldt
First read of this author. Great development of character. She had me from the start when a fellow on a motorcycle pulled aside the main character to demonstrate his admiration. The author weaves ancestry, several characters' love conflicts and faith into a "can't wait to see what's next" storyline. Given my enjoyment of this one...I will check out another of her books.
Denise Kettering
This second book in the Full Circle series moves the reader across the country from the Montana setting to a restoration project in Maine. Julia Rierdon, sister of Jake Rierdon from the first book in the series Refuge, is renovating an old home and lighthouse into a bed and breakfast. She hires Trevor Kenbridge to help with the restoration and the two begin to have feelings for each other. Julia has a boyfriend, however, and the two can never quite get it together. While the story is interesting ...more
Heather
Jan 08, 2010 Heather rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Every romance reader
Shelves: read-borrowed
Torchlight is awesome! Once again, Bergren draws you in - not wanting to put the book down. I love how she continuously shares character's thoughts; as they're praying to our gracious Father.

Torchlight is a wonderful Christian romance story... of a women caught up in not knowing which man to choose; trying to find herself & where God wants her to be; the main character of this story almost dies not once - but ---- (read the story to find out how many times & how). [I don't want to give
Jodi Deters
Fast-paced and entertaining. Moral and light. Some history.
Michele
I really enjoyed this book, or most of it. The personalities and the theme of restoring an old family mansion kept my attention throughout the book. The only thing that I did not like was the ending, not the ending result as it was somewhat predictable but the way the author caused the ending to occur. I didn't think it kept with the rest of the book as well as it could have.

I also really enjoyed the fact that it had an underlying Christian theme (I didn't know this when I started reading it) al
ChrisGA
This was a sweet romance about remodeling a family lighthouse. It had the usual conflict of a girl choosing between a rich fiance and maverick contractor. Good example of the genre of Christian fiction--I am too old to get totally involved in the romantic struggle without a mystery to carry me along-but that is just me.
Michelle
I enjoyed this book and would give it 3.5/5 stars. The setting at a lighthouse in Maine and intertwining multiple love stories is what I enjoyed most about the book. As a main character, Julia wasn't as likeable as she should have been, but the secondary love stories made up for it.
H
Good clean love story (the cover looks different then the one I read but the same story I bet!) A contemporary story about a young woman who spends her family fortune refurbishing an old country estate in Maine--and remodels her life in the process.
Loraine
Loved Refuge the first book in this series and Bergren once again continued her excellence in modern christian romantic fiction. Loved the way she intertwined the journals of Julie's great great grandmother Anna throughout the story.
Barbara
Pleasant love story in an interesting environment. Nice historical background story.
Didn't like the way some of the relationships were handled. Not Christlike.
Little too much drama.
All in all a good read.
Pat
Amazing book. I LOVED it...and just about everything written by Lisa Tawn Bergren. Realistic and intense relationships without bedroom scenes. I also loved the audiobooks narrated by Kris Faulkner.
June
Torchlight was a fun book to read. Meeting Jake (from Refuge) Rierdon's sister was a nice addition to the Full Circle series. Loved Trevor Kenbridge.
Joan
I enjoyed this book, only wish the end was differen. Seems like there is more to come.
Bethany
It ended too soon and was kinda slow with the romance
Traci
Awesome book, but I live the whole series!!!
Diane
A light read. A light romance.
Ellen
Ellen marked it as to-read
May 29, 2015
Madeline Friedman
Madeline Friedman marked it as to-read
May 23, 2015
Gracie Liberty
Gracie Liberty marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2015
  • Whispers (Glenbrooke, #2)
  • Love Song (Palisades Pure Romance)
  • Cast a Road Before Me (Bradleyville Series, #1)
  • Lightning And Lace (Texas Legacy #3)
  • God's Gift
  • Tuesday's Child (Day to Remember, #2)
  • Hide and Seek (Finders Keepers #2)
  • Blind Dates Can Be Murder (Smart Chick Mysteries, #2)
  • Like a Watered Garden
  • Your Chariot Awaits: An Andi McConnell Mystery
  • Nadia (Heirs of Anton, #2)
  • Finding Faith (New Heights Series, #3)
  • A Table by the Window
  • Daughter of Grace (The Journals of Corrie Belle Hollister, #2)
About

Lisa Tawn Bergren is the best-selling, award-winning author of over 40 books, with more than 2.5 million copies sold. She recently finished a teen series called River of Time (WATERFALL, CASCADE, TORRENT, BOURNE & TRIBUTARY and soon will be done with the last installment, DELUGE). She's also written the Grand Tour Series (GLAMOROUS ILLUSIONS, GRAVE CONSEQUENCES, GLITTERING PROMISES), and
More about Lisa Tawn Bergren...

Full Circle (6 books)
  • Refuge
  • Pathways (Full Circle Series #3)
  • Treasure (Full Circle Series #4)
  • Chosen
  • Firestorm
Waterfall (River of Time, #1) Cascade (River of Time, #2) Torrent (River of Time, #3) Bourne (River of Time, #3.1) Glamorous Illusions (Grand Tour, #1)