Start by marking “The Vampire Kitty-Cat Chronicles” as Want to Read:
The Vampire Kitty-Cat Chronicles

The Vampire Kitty-Cat Chronicles

The Vampire Kitty-cat Chronicles upends vampire mythology when Patch, a calico tomcat, is turned into breakfast--and a vampire kitty-cat--by a starving vampire. Narrated by Patch in a deliciously snarky cat take on the world, Patch struggles to find a new life, as it were. In the process, he's almost skewered with a stake by a mob, tried for murder, just about shotgunned i ...more
Published (first published January 8th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Vampire Kitty-Cat Chronicles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Vampire Kitty-Cat Chronicles

All Things Urban Fantasy
Review courtesy of AllThingsUrbanFantasy.blogspot.com
When I was a kid I remember reading Bunnicula by Deborah and James Howe (about a vampire bunny who sucks the juice out of vegetables) and thinking it was the coolest book ever. So I got all nostalgic when I heard about The Vampire Kitty-cat Chronicles. I was hoping to find a snarky, fun read about vampires with a uniquely feline point of view. Well, the cat part proved true, but as for the snarky fun? Not so much.

Newly turned vampires, Patch t
Erin
Feb 07, 2010 Erin rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This book is actually called "The Vampire Kitty Cat Chronicles", so GoodReads needs to correct that. ;) Okay, this book would have been four and a half stars if the author would have left out the gay agenda and far left politics. The actual tale of Patch is cute and funny in a fast paced way that really reminded me of early John Water's films(think Multiple Maniacs). It would make a great film in the cult tradition of Rocky Horror- I know I would show up and get into the whole audience participa ...more
Anna
Nov 18, 2010 Anna rated it liked it
I don't usually read books told from the perspective of an animal but this book was an adventure from the very start. When I passed this along to a friend she said she could absolutely see this being an animated movie or graphic novel. I'm not sure that I got the same vibe as she did, but I found the writing style to be casual and fun.

The idea that vampires would have their own organization, complete with a political candidate running for city council is a unique twist on the usual vampire story
MissM
Feb 06, 2010 MissM rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2009
I received an advanced reader copy of this book in December and finally got a chance to read it right before the New Year.

The book has a very cute premise: A calico cat is accidentally turned into a vampire when he is attacked by a half-starved newly turned vampire. The story is told from the point of view of "Patch" the cat.

I can see the intended humor in the book and some of it is chuckle-worthy. The author clearly has a cat (or two) of his own and does a good job incorporating cat quirks into
Lynxie
Nov 20, 2012 Lynxie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 3-star-review
I'll admit, the idea of a kitty-cat vampire intrigued me. It is why I decided to get this book. I wasn't sure how it would be done, but I really thought it held a large amount of potential.

I was wrong!

Patch, knew too much, understood too much and despite not being able to talk or possessing opposable thumbs, was able to communicate too well with the humans around him.

I am a cat person, always have been and I think I always will be, so I understand that a person can come to understand their cats
Tony DiMeo
Oct 14, 2012 Tony DiMeo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just Plain Fun...

In this vampire (tail) you get a cat's-eye view of the world from Patch--the unfortunate Calico tomcat who finds himself a newly sired vampire tangled up with slick lawyers, religious nuts, political fanatics and an underground society of vamps fighting for their rights to be un-dead.

Often hilarious and sometimes thought provoking, this well told story is a true original--unlike any other vampire novel out there.

This book was just plain fun. You'll flipping pages to find out wha
Natalie Hart
What a funny and charming story. This kitty-cat is a great narrator, observing everything and noting the doings of humans, but never stooping to our level. He's a totally believable cat. And he's a vampire, which is played for both laughs and pathos. It wasn't his choice, but then it wasn't the choice of the woman who infected Patch, either. I really felt for Patch as he dealt with all the changes in his life, always landing with his feet on the ground (sorry, had to say it). There are some grea ...more
Chris
Jan 28, 2012 Chris rated it did not like it
Yeah, I know, but sometimes you just have to try.

Actually the beginning of this book is pretty good. Rhamey does an excellent job of cat voice. In fact if it had ended by chapter 3, 4, or 5, I would be giving this four stars.

But then it gets all, well, tedious and doesn't make sense.

It is also strange how this book can be annoying to people who are either Christian or Gay. (A gay character is so very sterotypical it isn't even funny).

It's one of those books that would've been better as a shor
Susan
Mar 27, 2014 Susan rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This is hilarious and fun to read, and Patch is an adorable cat. But the book isn't literary fiction, and some of the characters are more stereotypicl than realistic (and yes, I say that realizing that it's humor rather than serious fiction).
Val
Val rated it liked it
Mar 23, 2015
Malinda
Malinda rated it liked it
Aug 07, 2015
Debra Borys
Debra Borys rated it liked it
Aug 18, 2012
Lunareads
Lunareads rated it really liked it
Nov 14, 2012
Deb Donahue
Deb Donahue rated it it was ok
Nov 14, 2013
Tatiana
Tatiana rated it liked it
Oct 15, 2014
Mary Hutchens
Mary Hutchens rated it liked it
Sep 27, 2012
Robin
Robin rated it liked it
Dec 16, 2012
Misty
Misty rated it it was amazing
Jan 11, 2012
Lyuba
Lyuba rated it it was amazing
Aug 06, 2011
Carrie  Digirolamo
Carrie Digirolamo rated it it was amazing
Nov 27, 2014
Crissy Voyles
Crissy Voyles rated it it was amazing
Oct 04, 2014
Web Weber
Web Weber rated it it was ok
May 06, 2016
Amanda
Amanda added it
Aug 14, 2010
Beerchen
Beerchen marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2010
Natasha Morgan
Natasha Morgan marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2010
Vicci
Vicci marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2011
Kate
Kate added it
Apr 08, 2011
Sara Middlebrook
Sara Middlebrook marked it as to-read
May 09, 2011
M.G.
M.G. marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2011
Tosha
Tosha marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2011
Peggy
Peggy marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2016
Sofie
Sofie marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2012
Perla
Perla added it
Jan 05, 2015
Laura Morrigan
Laura Morrigan marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2013
Francheska
Francheska marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2013
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2013
Jeremy
Jeremy marked it as to-read
May 09, 2014

“Meg's face clouded, and I wondered if she was going to rain the way people do sometimes.” 2 likes