Monster Blood III (Goosebumps, #29)

Monster Blood III (Goosebumps #29)

3.52 of 5 stars 3.52  ·  rating details  ·  2,059 ratings  ·  42 reviews
Evan can't stand baby-sitting his genius cousin, Kermit. Kermit refuses to play video games. He won't even play Frisbee! All he likes to do is hang out in the basement doing strange experiments and playing mean practical jokes on Evan and his friend Andy.
Hardcover
Published March 1st 1995 by Turtleback Books (first published 1995)

David Santos

Have I mentioned how much I love the Andy character? I don't know why I like the girls more in every book. Either RL is a good writer or I've been single waaay too long! The cover art is misleading, because Evan doesn't grow THAT much, but still grows big enough to make it a fun read. Kermit is his cousin a new character introduced into the 4 part series. If he were my cousin I'd lock him in the attic with all the spiders and rats. On a side note, I would never name m...more
Lyly
Evan, a boy, hates baby-sitting. He hates it when the person he baby-sits is his cousin,Kermit. Kermit is a smart kid. But even though he is a smart kid, he is not like the other kids. Kermit doesn't like to do anything. He doesn't like to play games. He even won't play frisbee. All Kermit ever do is stay in his basement doing experiments and always play jokes on Evan and his friend Andy. But one day, Andy finds something that he thinks that will teach Kermit a lesson. It was a can that was mark...more
JJ
Sep 28, 2007 JJ rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition Recommends it for: R.L. Stine Fans
Shelves: goosebumps
Another good sequel, I'm waiting for the next one.
Andrew
May 02, 2012 Andrew rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition Recommends it for: Children of the 90s who haven't read them yet
Recommended to Andrew by: No one
Evan and Andy are back again with the Monster Blood. This time, they wanna use it as revenge against Evan's cousin, .... Kermit. Poor kid! What a horrible name! Anyway, Kermit is a Science and Math geek and he's eight years old. He enjoys coming up with schemes to make it look like Evan, his babysitter, is being mean to him. His mother buys it all the time. The revenge plot doesn't quite work out as planned. Andy decides to sip some of the monster blood into one of Kermits' experiments and inste...more
Fullerton
Monster Blood III is a about a boy named Evan and his weird cousin Kermet. Kermet is not into exercising or sports, all he does is run tests and stays in his basement Evan always babysittshim. Every time he babysitt's, Kermet has something up his sleeve, he's always playing jokes on Evan and Evan gets blamed for every single one of them. Evan has had enough, he's going to play a trick on Kermet and it's not pretty it includes something dangerous,slimey and green... monster blood!! The reason I l...more
Wing Kit
I guess that it's Evan's 3rd time having to encounter the slime again but this time it was used in spite. Using this mysterious liquid created many problems for Evan but even if it was for revenge? How far did he take this didn't matter as long as someone ingested this, they became super sized. Kermit, Evan's know it all cousin who thinks he's better than everyone has been giving him a hard time of blame. It's just like how the older sibling takes the blame for the younger. I can see why Evan wa...more
Carol
I had never read any Goosebumps, and I thought they were supposed to be scary. So I didn't really want my son to read them either. However, I had a couple hours to kill and no book of my own. I saw this on a shelf, and decided to check it out.

I was able to read it in one sitting, which is probably normal for an adult. It was kind of fun and not at all scary, at least to me. Lots of fantasy, but it was all crammed in at the end. I liked the main character's friend Andy. I liked her because of her...more
Bradley Tyler
Evan can't stand baby sitting his genius cousin Kermit. He refuses to play video games. He won't even play frisbee all he likes to do is hang out in the basement. Doing strange experiments and play mean practical jokes on Evan and his friend Andy but now Andy's found something that will teach Kermit a lesson once and for all.it's green it's slimy. And it comes In a can marked monster blood! It's the slime that never dies
Glenn
Currently rereading my original Goosebumps collection

After two of these books Evan and Andy still haven't learnt their lesson. I thought this book was terrible. There were so many inconsistentencies and plot holes. The major one being why on earth would they use the Monster Blood again? These Monster Blood books just get worse and worse.

Read from October 4, 2013 - October 4, 2013
Caroline
I was hooked on these series as a kid. I remember when this first book came out and all the hype surrounding it, and quickly joined in on scarfing these things down. They were fun at the time, although even in grade school they had me rolling my eyes at some of the goofiness (and the cliffhanger chapter endings! Every chapter, without fail!).
Josiah
The addition of Evan's cousin Kermit into the story helps to keep things fresh. Some things are similar to how they are in the first book, while R.L. Stine makes alterations, as well, to avoid letting the Monster Blood idea get stale. This story was highly anticipated when it was first released to a Goosebumps-crazed public!
Patrick
Goosebumps. This is the series that kept me reading through my childhood. More than any other series, Goosebumps kept me interested in reading, and R.L. Stein is a wonderful children's writer. I applaud his efforts, and can't express enough my gratitude for the series.
Brittany Perry
I think this topic has been about killed with Mr.Stine however, I found that I liked seeing the usual characters back in action. I have to say though that brat in the book was what caught my attention. He was just so despisable. He was what really gave the book some flair.
Joseph Defreitas
Evan goes to lunch the next day and talks about what happened yesterday to his cousin Andy. Andy had told her to put monster blood in his food, but Evan didn't want to do that so he yelled out loud no way and everyone heard him and it turned into a fiasco.
Drucilla
I like that the same characters are carried over and that an actual person is the one to ingest the monster blood this time around, but the climax is ridiculous. There's also no resolution in regards to Kermit.
Cindy
I rated every book that I read during childhood 5 stars.
Why? Well because that was a time in my life when I loved every single thing I read. And because they bring back fond memories. Ah, the joys of being young!
Joseph Defreitas
I think this book is good because it's interesting and fun. I just started reading this book yesterday and i'm starting to like it already. I think that all people of all ages would like this book.
Vina Crystelline
Enaknya baca Goosebumps nih, biarpun loncat2, tapi kita tetep bisa connect ama ceritanya.. cuma aku agak pengen tau ajah, Darah Monster ini asalnya darimana sih, kok khasiatnya sebegitu dahsyatnya..
Molly
The entire series is corny, silly, far from scary, and bordering on stupid. But it's ADDICTIVE. It's a genuinely amusing series. Good for kicking back and relaxing.
Benjamin Plume
Another Goosebumps book I'd forgotten I read. These things were quite the gateway to reading. If your kids are interested PLEASE let them read 'em.
Xavier alvarez
Brandon Burrup
Don't remember what happens in this one. Judging the cover, it looks like someone becomes a giant or something because of the monster blood.
Brittany
I read this book while in elementary school. I was a HUGE R.L. Stine fan and like most of his other books, I couldn't put it down.
Jessica
Goosebumps was so popular when I was a kid, we would get in fights in the library over who got to check the new one out next. No joke.
Ica Surjo
Yang ini lebih ngayal lagi ceritanya. Manusia makan 'darah monster' mainan trus berubah jadi raksasa -_-
Jessie
I have not been a fan of either of the first two Monster Blood books and this one was no different.
Alysha DeShaé
A little too convenient that the police don't actually check out his address, huh?
Joselazyslack
Evan is pranking his cousin by putting monster blood in his expierement.
Arthur
Nov 22, 2008 Arthur rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition Recommends it for: MB II
Evan gives in to the will of Andy his best friend for a big third time.
Saif/Alfan/Maho Haromain
ahhhh......terlalu menjijikan dan cukup menakutkan bagi anak2.
whats happens right now. 7 10 Jul 15, 2010 06:46AM
  • The Girl Who Cried Monster (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #1)
  • Return of the Mummy (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #4)
  • Bruce Coville's Book of Monsters: Tales to Give You the Creeps
  • The Secret (Animorphs, #9)
  • Scary Stories 3: More Tales to Chill Your Bones

R. L. Stine b...more
More about R.L. Stine...
Welcome to Dead House (Goosebumps, #1) Night of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps, #7) Say Cheese and Die! (Goosebumps, #4) The Haunted Mask (Goosebumps, #11) One Day at Horrorland (Goosebumps, #16)